PDA

View Full Version : car problems

rayone
04-02-2010, 07:30 PM
I have a 00 lincoln ls and the check charging light and batt light came on so I take the batt to get checked at autozone and they tell me its ok so then I think its the alt so take that off take that to autozone and they say its good I put it back on and check the volts and its not charging so I just go ahead and get the new alt and put it on then check the volts and its charging 1 day passes and the car turned on ran some errands got home turn it off they try to turn it on and it barley wants to start so I just go buy new batt put and have it checked again and now the alt is not working wtf is it possible that a bad batt will cause the alt to get fried

Scola
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Not sure about this, but I think you can check if its the alternator by starting the car and then removing the battery (keep the car on). If it keeps running, the alt is good, if it turns off then the problem is the alt.

Strike
04-02-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.lincolnforums.com/forums/index.php?act=home

Nbadan
04-03-2010, 01:48 AM
right off hand I would suspect a bad alternator....don't buy your shit from autozone

Winehole23
04-03-2010, 03:35 AM
For things like alternators I'd have to agree with Dan. There's a few parts I've bought at Autozone that were bad right out of the box.