PDA

View Full Version : What happened with this Mavs drama?..

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 09:08 PM
This is a blog from a random NBA player, but nobody knows who it is yet..

Look at what happened with Dirk last year. He fell for a groupie, gave the girl an engagement ring, only to find out she was a criminal. The situation blew up right during the playoffs, so his teammates ended up answering questions about the woman when they were trying to focus on the Nuggets. It's not good when those problems trickle into the locker room.

Trades have been arranged because one woman is involved with two guys on the same team. That's what happened in Dallas some years ago. And right now I know of one girl who is dating two NBA players. One makes her car payments, and the other pays her rent. They don't know about each other, but they do share a money manager who's writing both checks. It's bound to blow up at some point.

Which Mavs players were involved in that?..Was it ever rumored or discovered?..

Findog
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Jason Kidd, Jim Jackson and Toni Braxton.

Can you provide the link from the block quote?

skut_farkus
04-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Lol @ dirk giving a ring to a groupie before the city of dallas.

monosylab1k
04-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Jim Jackson completely denies the whole thing with Toni Braxton. He talked about it a year ago or so on the radio. At this point he has nothing to gain by hiding the truth, so I tend to believe him. He said the whole thing was fabricated by the media, and then Toni Braxton played along with it to promote a new album of hers.

petee
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
:lol

petee
04-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Jim Jackson completely denies the whole thing with Toni Braxton. He talked about it a year ago or so on the radio. At this point he has nothing to gain by hiding the truth, so I tend to believe him. He said the whole thing was fabricated by the media, and then Toni Braxton played along with it to promote a new album of hers.
That's not pure media fabrication IMO. Mashburn looks more like a prurient ogler than both Kidd and Jackson but he remained clean from the rumor that involved the other two angles of the Mavs "triple J". I guess the media did hyped the story a little bit but they couldn't brew the yogurt without milk could they?

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Jason Kidd, Jim Jackson and Toni Braxton.

Can you provide the link from the block quote?

It's from ESPN Insider: NBA Player X..

That post was about groupies and NBA players..

monosylab1k
04-03-2010, 01:21 AM
That's not pure media fabrication IMO. Mashburn looks more like a prurient ogler than both Kidd and Jackson but he remained clean from the rumor that involved the other two angles of the Mavs "triple J". I guess the media did hyped the story a little bit but they couldn't brew the yogurt without milk could they?

sup Rogue.

picc84
04-03-2010, 01:27 AM

:rollin

Bob Lanier
04-03-2010, 03:10 AM
http://folkpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/spanishtennisteam.jpg

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM

:toastgood one