PDA

View Full Version : we beat the best team in the league w/out Parker!!!

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 09:55 PM
:tu

best win of the season.

Magic was hitting on all cylinders.

Spurs and Manu just suffocated them like a newborn baby!!!!

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

IceColdBrewski
04-02-2010, 09:58 PM
This team plays 10 times better with Manu being the leader on the court.

in2deep
04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
spurs even beat the zebras 2nite

tdunk21
04-02-2010, 10:07 PM
good win but orlando is not the best team in the league...

nadroj117
04-02-2010, 10:08 PM
spurs even beat the zebras 2nite

We might have beat them in the 1st half, but we got ALL the calls in the 2nd half. This was a terrible officiating night for that crew out there. Howard's 6th foul was terribe, Timmy's first 3 were. Bonner's block, and a number of other ones. Officials did let Timmy play in the 2nd half.

Blake
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
hack a howard worked pretty good.

Budkin
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Say so long to the days of Manu the 6th man... he's a starter to stay!

in2deep
04-02-2010, 11:07 PM
We might have beat them in the 1st half, but we got ALL the calls in the 2nd half. This was a terrible officiating night for that crew out there. Howard's 6th foul was terribe, Timmy's first 3 were. Bonner's block, and a number of other ones. Officials did let Timmy play in the 2nd half.

r u kiddin???

there were at least 3 noncalls on howard in the 2nd half. 1 clearly in the 3rd when he would not let off Duncan's jersey.

chaco
04-02-2010, 11:10 PM
say so long to the days of manu the 6th man... He's a starter to stay!
+1

Xylus
04-02-2010, 11:31 PM
The Magic are the 3rd or 4th best team in the league, and they were on a back-to-back. Great win for the Spurs, but not the biggest deal in the world.

Congrats on the win.

EricB
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
The Magic are the 3rd or 4th best team in the league, and they were on a back-to-back. Great win for the Spurs, but not the biggest deal in the world.

Congrats on the win.

:lol fail

in2deep
04-02-2010, 11:33 PM

Congrats on the win.

Who is #1 and #2 and #3 then??

SOrry but Magic is arguably #1 team because they beat all other contenders lately and beat the Cavs

I'll even agree that they are #2, but no way the Lakers/Mavs/Hawks/Jazz are better than them right now.

HarlemHeat37
04-02-2010, 11:35 PM
All it means is another W, Spurs need all the wins they can get at this point..

Who exactly is the 3rd team that might be better than Orlando though, Xylus?..I can't even think of another team in the discussion..

lefty
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Orlando is a scrub team.
So are the Lakers without the refs

Xylus
04-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Who is #1 and #2 and #3 then??

SOrry but Magic is arguably #1 team because they beat all other contenders lately and beat the Cavs

I'll even agree that they are #2, but no way the Lakers/Mavs/Hawks/Jazz are better than them right now.

The Lakers are most definitely better than the Magic. It's ridiculous that you think otherwise. The Cavs are definitely better. And I think a number of Western Conference teams could beat the Magic in a series.

The Magic are the most overrated team in the NBA. They've had a great regular season, and they'll win a few playoff series, but they're as legitimate a championship contender as the Phoenix Suns. The Magic will inevitably lose because they don't have leadership. Not a single player on that team is leadership material, and neither is their coach.

Dr. Gonzo
04-02-2010, 11:45 PM
The Lakers are most definitely better than the Magic. It's ridiculous that you think otherwise. The Cavs are definitely better. And I think a number of Western Conference teams could beat the Magic in a series.

The Magic are the most overrated team in the NBA. They've had a great regular season, and they'll win a few playoff series, but they're as legitimate a championship contender as the Phoenix Suns. The Magic will inevitably lose because they don't have leadership. Not a single player on that team is leadership material, and neither is their coach.

They have Patrick Ewing no the bench. He will show them what it takes to win a championship.

Xylus
04-02-2010, 11:46 PM
I'm not trying to take anything away from tonight's victory.

I just really don't like the Orlando Magic.

lefty
04-02-2010, 11:47 PM
We are better without Parker :D

But we need him against the Suns

cheguevara
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
I'm not trying to take anything away from tonight's victory.

I just really don't like the Orlando Magic.

the Magic beat the Lakers twice this season I beleive. so no

Xylus
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
the Magic beat the Lakers twice this season I beleive. so no

Are you really using two regular season games to prove that the Magic are better than the Lakers?

silverblk mystix
04-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Orlando is a scrub team.

the spurs are just showing the lakers how to beat these teams...

the magic beat the lakers in OT a couple'a weeks ago...spurs showed them how to beat them tonight

the cavs buttraped the lakers twice---spurs showed them how it's done...

cheguevara
04-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Are you really using two regular season games to prove that the Magic are better than the Lakers?

what r u using ur judgement on?

last year's playoffs????

that's pretty dumb

Sean Cagney
04-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Orlando is a scrub team.

Every post you do here is negative man. I swear you are just a hater on the Spurs and that only.

Whisky Dog
04-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Lol at the renewed optimism. Spurs need Parker to produce efficiently, Manu to bring this almost every game, and TD to up his play to playoff level + Jeff, Hill, and Blair or Dice/Bonner to come up big for the Spurs to contend. The pieces are looking good but a lot still has to come together.

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 12:32 AM
This is, by definition, the most objective way of determining who the best team in the NBA is as of now (recent play, not just a function of record) -

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Whether Hollinger has the most optimal formula is debatable, but I'll take his rankings over subjective banter any day.

florige
04-03-2010, 12:37 AM
They have Patrick Ewing no the bench. He will show them what it takes to win a championship.

Lmao!

TJastal
04-03-2010, 07:51 AM
what r u using ur judgement on?

last year's playoffs????

that's pretty dumb

He's just jealous the magic have balls, something his team is lacking since Barnes left.

So now his podunk ass is reduced to whining and bitching about them on a spurs message board.

BackHome
04-03-2010, 12:34 PM

I gotta agree with you when Parker leading you never see passion but with Manu you can fill his passion and his desire to win at any cost. I think Parker is a very talented player but I enjoy watching someone who can pass the ball and create easy baskets for his team mates.

duhoh
04-03-2010, 12:44 PM
This is, by definition, the most objective way of determining who the best team in the NBA is as of now (recent play, not just a function of record) -

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

Whether Hollinger has the most optimal formula is debatable, but I'll take his rankings over subjective banter any day.

hollinger? the man who calls greg oden the GOAT rebounder? :lol

the win against ORL was unexpected. CLE being better than ORL? I gotta see that first. once CLE knocks out ORL, i'll believe that statement

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-03-2010, 12:46 PM
But Manu missed three FTs and had two turnovers, what a joke [/ducks]

Xylus
04-03-2010, 02:12 PM
He's just jealous the magic have balls, something his team is lacking since Barnes left.

So now his podunk ass is reduced to whining and bitching about them on a spurs message board.

LOL, Matt Barnes is one of the biggest punks in the NBA. I'm glad that bitch is off my team.

spurs10
04-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Manu is inspiring everyone right now, including Tony, I'm sure.

admiralfats
04-03-2010, 02:26 PM
suffocated them like a newborn baby!!!!

worst simile ever?

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 02:40 PM
hollinger? the man who calls greg oden the GOAT rebounder? :lol

the win against ORL was unexpected. CLE being better than ORL? I gotta see that first. once CLE knocks out ORL, i'll believe that statement

I don't know man, I don't think CLE over ORL is too unreasonable with the likes of Lebron.

Maybe the Jazz at #3 is slightly suspect, but not egregiously so.

I for one am always open to other opinions, but I prefer other opinions that are based on statistics and facts, not just some hand wavy hodgepodge 'oh well the lakers seem to be doing kind of sort of not so great so they're maybe 6th or 7th best in the league right now"

I just never understood that sort of reasoning, I suppose. It's fine to have a subjective opinion and leave it at that.

But, I see too many people (nobody in this thread, not even on spurstalk really, but outside in general) who brand Hollinger as some "idiot" to who doesn't know what he's talking about, but then they go and make up numerical rankings based on subjective impressions.

It's like...seriously? You just bashed a guy who at least made a decent effort to objectify the issue with stats and numbers, but you're arguably providing a more useless outlook on the matter by offering numerical rankings based on "gut feelings" and "gut impression." I see this sort of thing (usually on ESPN message boards, really) and can't help but chuckle at the irony of these people calling Hollinger an "idiot."

Again, to make it clear, no disrespect to anyone on this thread or spurstalk, it was really more of a rant in general.

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 02:41 PM
You know what I think would be interesting? If Hollinger or somebody else created some new stats to encompass some of the facets of a game that we usually brand as "intangibles" or "hustle stats" that don't appear in the box score.

I think it'd be interesting to create a new, more updated formula that takes some of these facets into account.

FeZZy
04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
OP that is a horrible analogy hopefully your son suffocates when he's born..

Sisk
04-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't know man, I don't think CLE over ORL is too unreasonable with the likes of Lebron.

I for one am always open to other opinions, but I prefer other opinions that are based on statistics and facts, not just some hand wavy hodgepodge 'oh well the lakers seem to be doing kind of sort of not so great so they're maybe 6th or 7th best in the league right now"

I just never understood that sort of reasoning, I suppose. It's fine to have a subjective opinion and leave it at that.

But, I see too many people (nobody in this thread, not even on spurstalk really, but outside in general) who brand Hollinger as some "idiot" to who doesn't know what he's talking about, but then they go and make up numerical rankings based on subjective impressions.

It's like...seriously? You just bashed a guy who at least made a decent effort to objectify the issue with stats and numbers, but you're arguably providing a more useless outlook on the matter by offering numerical rankings based on "gut feelings" and "gut impression." I see this sort of thing (usually on ESPN message boards, really) and can't help but chuckle at the irony of these people calling Hollinger an "idiot."

Again, to make it clear, no disrespect to anyone on this thread or spurstalk, it was really more of a rant in general.

you don't need to apologize, you're correct

DMX7
04-03-2010, 04:04 PM

best win of the season.

It was a great win but beating a team on the second night of a back to back when you had a day off does have an impact. Besides, can we ask Ginobili to go off for 40+ every night?

mavsfan1000
04-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Cavs and Lakers are the best team.

dbreiden83080
04-03-2010, 07:39 PM

I'm starting to agree. We are playing the best ball all year when Tony went out. Seems crazy to say it but less Tony this year has meant better team play..

in2deep
04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
scratch this thread. tonight was best win of the season

peskypesky
04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
We've beaten the Cavs, Celtics, Magic & Lakers with Parker in a suit.

peskypesky
04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm starting to agree. We are playing the best ball all year when Tony went out. Seems crazy to say it but less Tony this year has meant better team play..

exactly. how people think they can argue with indisputable facts is beyond me. love him or hate him, the Spurs are beating the elite teams with the dude in a suit.

hombrefeo
04-04-2010, 05:23 PM
yeah man great win!

lefty
04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
exactly. how people think they can argue with indisputable facts is beyond me. love him or hate him, the Spurs are beating the elite teams with the dude in a suit.
The gayness of Cavs, Thunders, Magic, Celtics and Lakers has just been confirmed by the fact that they got distracted by TP wearing a pastel suit

That's why we beat those teams

TampaDude
04-04-2010, 05:42 PM
The gayness of Cavs, Thunders, Magic, Celtics and Lakers has just been confirmed by the fact that they got distracted by TP wearing a pastel suit

That's why we beat those teams

:lmao

duhoh
04-04-2010, 06:16 PM

respect man.

but when you've got hollinger being pretty dogmatic about oden being the best rebounder ever, it's nonsense.

i dislike dogmatism in almost any form when it concerns opinions, since you can prove almost anything with statistics, a la mark cuban saying that dirk is the greatest player in the league.

but on the flip side, we've got daryl morey running that sloan conference, and it's actually pretty cool stuff. just hollinger has said somethings that's pretty ridiculous some times though. but at the end of the day, numbers don't lie :D

alchemist
04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
beating the #1 team, the #2 team and the #3 team in the league is damn impressive this late with no Tony.