PDA

View Full Version : the officiating crew for the Spurs/Magic game

Biggems
04-02-2010, 10:28 PM
completely sucked ass. it was like they were making up fouls on both teams throughout the whole game....then where there were some quite obvious fouls, NO WHISTLE.

this crew was one of the worst i have seen in a long time. it was so nice of them to take Duncan and Howard out of the game early in the 1st quarter with ticky tack foul calls.....

I mean these are grown ass men. there will be some contact, especially in the paint. They dont have to blow the whistle on every minor touch........and then ignore when players get their jerseys ripped off or get slammed to the floor.

So just beware when this crew works the game for your favorite team.....you can go to the boxscore at NBA.com to find out who the refs were tonight.

phyzik
04-02-2010, 10:30 PM
queue LakerLuva with a revisionists view how Spurs where given the game in 3....2...1...

BlackSwordsMan
04-02-2010, 10:33 PM
just stern giving wins to spurs so lakers can avoid them in the 1st round
non-issue

BanditHiro
#48 Scott Foster, #30 Tony Brown, #59 Gary Zielinski

GatorKid117
Watching that game made me a sad panda....

EmptyMan
04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
This is why the NBA sucks.

Biggems
04-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I've already got a thread covering cheating that went on tonight to keep the Spurs in the playoff race.

like Duncan getting 3 fouls within the first few minutes of the game, 2 of them absolutely minimal contact at best.

how about Howard undressing Manu in the 4th quarter and absolutely no whistle.

bad calls went both ways, dont act like the refs were all for the Spurs.....btw, since the Lakers get the calls game in and game out, why is a Laker fan bitching about the Spurs getting some calls here and there?

Shastafarian
04-02-2010, 10:40 PM
I've already got a thread covering cheating that went on tonight to keep the Spurs in the playoff race.

But then you hurt your pussy and left.

greyforest
04-02-2010, 11:16 PM
This is why the NBA sucks.

imagine the NBA with completely unbiased officiating

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 11:18 PM
shitty crew. should get their paychecks for this game withheld

Spurs had to beat 8 men on the floor tonight.

AussieFanKurt
04-03-2010, 01:40 AM
nba is just shit compared to other sporting leagues on earth

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 03:59 AM
imagine the NBA with completely unbiased officiating

The problem usually isn't bias (except superstar calls), it's incompetence.

Actually, even that isn't fair. Basketball is fast even at amateur levels, and in the pros it is ridiculously fast, so it's a really difficult game to call and it's not surprising that quite a few calls are botched. Add to that the fact that we, the audience, get to see everything from multiple angles on slow-mo, which is unfair to the refs and makes us judge them more harshly than we should. There's no way to solve this problem except to review every play digitally, and that would ruin the game. So, really, we're stuck with human imperfection.

Having said that, there were far too many ticky-tack calls today, and I hate it when refs over-officiate.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 04:01 AM

You can really be the bluntest tool in the toolshed, can't you? :rolleyes

TampaDude
04-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah...the officiating was beyond horrible last night...at first, I thought they were just picking on Duncan, but then I realized that there was no consistency, rhyme or reason in their foul calling on either team...they shouldn't even be reffing a high school game...it was a travesty.

I'm just glad we won that game. Both teams were playing 5 on 8 last night.

Biggems
04-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Yeah...the officiating was beyond horrible last night...at first, I thought they were just picking on Duncan, but then I realized that there was no consistency, rhyme or reason in their foul calling on either team...they shouldn't even be reffing a high school game...it was a travesty.

I'm just glad we won that game. Both teams were playing 5 on 8 last night.

the worst was the black official...he was just pulling fouls out of his ass, as if he were david blaine or houdini....

it bugs the shit out of me when the refs kill the momentum of games with brush fouls......yet let football type hits go without a call. I also hate when the defender merely stands his ground and holds a vertical stance, but gets called for a foul when the offensive guy forces every bit of the contact. That should be an offensive foul, but in the NBA it is not.

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 10:46 AM

really???? no its consistent calls something you have never seen in LA. but it looks like the refs dont want you guys to go all the way anymore. now you have to play basketball like the rest of us that sucks doesnt it? its funny kobe,gasol,odom are still yelling ahhhhhhhhhhhhh every damn time they shoot!!!!!t lame asses