PDA

View Full Version : can u tell me what happened with howard/coach bud+ the fan

davidbowie
04-02-2010, 10:41 PM
did howard say something to coach?

and behind the magic bench there was something i think

jimo2305
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
he didn't like the hackahoward strategy and got ticked off at it lol.. so he was barking at our bench.. budenholzer in particular..

that's what i understand at least..

tothrowed
howard was mad because of the hack -a- howard, and he started talkin mess to bud, and some fans got into it with howard but they didnt show that

Crookshanks
Howard was really pissed because Coach Bud was calling for hack-a-howard

YoMamaIsCallin
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
yeah and did you notice the Spurs started doing it EVEN MORE after that?

LoneStarState'sPride
04-02-2010, 10:43 PM
If that's true, then Howard's a fucking pussy. Even Snaq is better than that mess.

davidbowie
04-02-2010, 10:44 PM
remember the hack-a-bowen lol

Kool Bob Love
04-02-2010, 10:45 PM
:lol Howard just needs to make his free throws...
But I like how Manu gave Bud a five....:toast
and whoever that fan was needs to STFU next time!!!:nope

LoneStarState'sPride
04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
remember the hack-a-bowen lol

Lol, yeah, the old "Bruise-a-Bruce" back in '03

poop
04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
the 'hack-a____' strategy is a pretty cheap tactic IMO...was effective today though for purely psychological reasons.

also once Howard's athleticism declines hes going to fall off a damn cliff.

ffadicted
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
I don't feel bad at all, FTs are a huge aspect of the game, it's not Buds fault howard sucks balls at it and refuses to practice it.

It's like saying that giving a player space so he can't drive and is forced to take jumpshots is cheap :lol

davidbowie
04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
i agree with it being kinda cheap but fuck on nights like tonight when it goes perfectly the victim just looks so bad. dude played right into it.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-02-2010, 10:51 PM
the 'hack-a____' strategy is a pretty cheap tactic IMO...was effective today though for purely psychological reasons.

Not cheap. It's like flopping or in-your-shirt defense. If you're really a good player, you're g2 man up, grow a pair, and hit your damn free throws.

IMO, if a tactic gets in players' heads, so much the better.

MB3//
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
That was so weak on Howard. Just step up an make your free throws. Props to Bud for making the call. Also, did ya'll notice our entire bench was getting into the game and they were all standing up while Howard was shooting his FT's. I don't think that would happen with Pop on the bench..

EmptyMan
04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2kow9l.jpg

exstatic
04-02-2010, 10:57 PM

You do what you have to. It only works and they only use it if you shoot badly. Make them, and it stops. I was loving seeing Orlando get one point per trip.

Have some composure. Barking at the other bench is completely unprofessional, and lets them know they made the right move. When they did it to Bruce, I think it was 4 straight trips. He's a notoriously bad FT shooter, but he stepped up and made 5 out of 8, IIRC. That's higher than his FG%. They stopped.

I think Bud called the play 3 trips down the floor. There were a couple of other intentional fouls when he had players pinned deep in the paint, but those aren't really hack-a-whatevers. Again, make the FTs.

Dr. Gonzo
04-02-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm kinda curious what happened with the fan that was yelling at Dwight Howard.

Libri
04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Before this, Howard tried to take out his frustration on Bonner and gave him a forearm to the neck.

Man In Black
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
It's a tactic and it happens. Best thing he can do is practice his damn free throws. Maybe he can use his Verizon counter thingie to count his makes and misses!

#2!
04-02-2010, 11:05 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2kow9l.jpg:lmao

Anybody have anymore info about the interplay with the fan?

in2deep
04-02-2010, 11:06 PM
If that's true, then Howard's a fucking pussy. Even Snaq is better than that mess.

agree. But the difference is shaq got it from the great Pop. "Superman" got it from Pop's apprentice :lmao

IMO that's what ticked that bitch off :lol

poop
04-02-2010, 11:06 PM
in any case Dwight was completely psyched out today lol, i bet hes going to sleep in the fetal position tonight with nightmares of tim duncan and that red headed backup coach hhahahah

CFH
04-02-2010, 11:07 PM
It's a tactic and it happens. Best thing he can do is practice his damn free throws. Maybe he can use his Verizon counter thingie to count his makes and misses!

His T-Mobile MyTouch, that'd be a priceless commercial. :lol

CharlieMac
04-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Lol, yeah, the old "Bruise-a-Bruce" back in '03

Duece-a-bruce?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm okay with using the strategy because it is legal. But it shouldn't be legal. It's bad for the game because it ruins the flow and rewards players for committing fouls. I think the rules should be changed to make it untenable. But, as long as these rules are in place, it is a valid strategy.

Howard getting precious about it was hilarious! 2-for-11 mate, you did it to yourself.

nkdlunch
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
I'm okay with using the strategy because it is legal. But it shouldn't be legal. It's bad for the game because it ruins the flow and rewards players for committing fouls. I think the rules should be changed to make it untenable. But, as long as these rules are in place, it is a valid strategy.

Howard getting precious about it was hilarious! 2-for-11 mate, you did it to yourself.

how shouldn't it be legal??? Free throws are part of the game. Make your damn free throws.

greyforest
04-02-2010, 11:27 PM

There are already other situations in which players are rewarded for fouling.

Really this technique only works if someone is a professional NBA player and has trouble shooting free throws. Dwight Howard was 60.7% last year, so there's no excuse.

dbestpro
04-02-2010, 11:30 PM
i agree with it being kinda cheap but fuck on nights like tonight when it goes perfectly the victim just looks so bad. dude played right into it.

I agree that we should not require poor foul shooters to hit foul shots the sam time we no longer allow 7 footers to dunk the ball.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Taking the deliberate foul away would make it harder for teams to come back late in games. Or to be more accurate, it would take away a high-risk strategy that teams can use to take a shot at coming back. Kind of like pulling the goalie in hockey.

I don't think the leagues want that.

exstatic
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM

To me, saying you shouldn't hack is the same as saying you shouldn't play close on a good shooter who is a lousy ball handler. You exploit the weakness, wherever it manifests itself. It's much easier to learn how to make FTs than it is to turn yourself into a good ball handler. I think putting in a rule to protect players with a huge hole in their game is weak. Besides, it's not like you can use it all game. You only have so many fouls and so many players. You use it as a momentum buster, but it's really only a short term thing.

04-02-2010, 11:45 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/2kow9l.jpg
:lol

lefty
04-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Video or it didn't happen

Dr. Gonzo
04-02-2010, 11:47 PM

Should playing tight defense be illegal as well since it interrupts the flow of the game?

cheguevara
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
OH HERE IT COMES!

Here we go!

The AUSTRALIAN is telling AMERICAN citizens how an AMERICAN game ought to be played. HERE WE GO!

here we go!

the american bringing out the "american game" card out

Dr. Gonzo
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
OH HERE IT COMES!

Here we go!

The AUSTRALIAN is telling AMERICAN citizens how an AMERICAN game ought to be played. HERE WE GO!

:guin

santymrc
04-03-2010, 12:05 AM
Basketball was invented by a CANADIAN (I think it was in the US, but still, a Canadian lol) and was played with a SOCCER BALL.
WTF US knows about soccer. lol.

Udokafan05
04-03-2010, 12:10 AM
lol at 2-11 from line

duncan228
04-03-2010, 12:16 AM
From the recap.

Howard said he was frustrated by the Hack-a-Howard game plan.

“My mind wasn’t on the free throws. It was on the coach for the intentional fouls,” Howard said. “Really upset about that.”

Howard was 2 of 6 from the foul line in the fourth quarter. One fan behind the Magic bench who heckled Howard to “Work on your free throws!” was removed from the arena after Howard said he continued to shout as other Magic players told the man to calm down.

“Sometimes people can take it too far,” Howard said. “It’s a great thing to have fans come to the game, but once you attack somebody personally, guys sometimes take that serious, especially after a frustrating night.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010040224

cheguevara
04-03-2010, 12:18 AM
:lmao

props to the fan

cheguevara
04-03-2010, 12:19 AM
wait, so all the fan said is "work on your free throws???????????

:lmao

ffadicted
04-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Elle Em Eff Eh Oh Superman

CFH
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I guess that fan brought some Kryptonite to the game.

Flux451
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
I liked how the entire bench was standing.

polandprzem
04-03-2010, 12:33 AM
there should be banners with Work on your free throws! all over the place next time we meet Magic

TIMMYD!
04-03-2010, 12:35 AM

Winning is what you go out there for and if something like this can give you that, you do it and don't care about the flow.

polandprzem
04-03-2010, 12:36 AM
I remember thatb Collins was against this rstrategy calling it a nonsense.
JVG on the other hand said that it's right. If you makes FT you mekes them.

You have a chcnce to score.
Pop uses it to slow down the pace as well and not let teams to dictate the pace and not get hot, and destrying the momentum.

Whisky Dog
04-03-2010, 12:37 AM

The rule doesn't reward the fouler. The pro ball player who can't make a simple free throw does. No way you outlaw that, it needs to stay. You should be able to attack your enemy's weakness. They don't make a rule so Howard can't post up a guard just because of his size advantage, so why make a stupid rule about this? It's a weakness that can and should be exploited.

Whisky Dog
04-03-2010, 12:42 AM
I always thought Howard was a pussy, now I know. All the guy said was to work on free throws? I don't care if he yells it a thousand times, he's not cursing and it isn't a personal attack so he should be allowed.

lefty
04-03-2010, 12:42 AM
Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

or

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiif

Please

Thank you

polandprzem
04-03-2010, 12:43 AM
By the FIBA rules you can't attack a player. You can attack a ball.

But i've seen many bad whistles made by refs. Tough to call that.

LakerHater
04-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid

or

Giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiif

Please

Thank you
Of what!?

lefty
04-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Of what!?
Of Bud vs Dwightette

LakerHater
04-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Heres one with the fan:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2010/...nba/index.html (http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2010/04/02/0020901129_orl_sas_recap.nba/index.html)

Tp9gospursgo
04-03-2010, 01:16 AM

If it bothers him that much he shoulda tried to make some free throws

ezau
04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Howard is so fucking terrible on offense and on the free throws. When his athleticism starts to falter, he's done. I mean, did you see how he shoots his free throws? That's the ugliest form I've ever seen. Dude probably spends more time lifting weights than practicing his shots

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 01:19 AM
I like it, it adds another dimension to the game. I don't give a shit if it's boring to watch, but the existence of this strategy makes NBA games more of a chess match and complicates game plans more. Do you keep dwight in and gamble with his FT shooting, do you take him out? Do you use it simply to slow down the pace and cool down a hot team?

It's a fantastic tactic.

ezau
04-03-2010, 01:31 AM
Love the Hack-a-Howard strategy. I'm pretty sure teams are going to look at the Spurs' game plan against the Magic and use it in the playoffs.

gospursgojas
04-03-2010, 01:35 AM
Hahaha lol "work on your free throws" is taking it too far???

polandprzem
04-03-2010, 01:46 AM
Howard is so fucking terrible on offense and on the free throws. When his athleticism starts to falter, he's done. I mean, did you see how he shoots his free throws? That's the ugliest form I've ever seen. Dude probably spends more time lifting weights than practicing his shots

you haven't seen Wilt doing it I guess :)

Xevious
04-03-2010, 01:47 AM
Howard already looked frustrated before the hack strategy. That just put him over the edge. He ended the night with a towel over his head.

There's no excuse for his FT %. Not every player has it in them to make 80+% from the line... but like Sean was saying, Howard shoots every free throw differently. It's like he has never practiced it before. If he had a little short-mid range jumper in his arsenal and could make a free throw, he'd be unguardable.

Spurs da champs
04-03-2010, 01:50 AM
I don't feel bad at all, FTs are a huge aspect of the game, it's not Buds fault howard sucks balls at it and refuses to practice it.

It's like saying that giving a player space so he can't drive and is forced to take jumpshots is cheap :lol

Howard doesn't have the offensive skill set to resort to that. It's cheap anyways...

Manu-of-steel
04-03-2010, 01:51 AM
We have just given a template to other teams on how to defeat the magic!

santymrc
04-03-2010, 01:56 AM
He's so funny while shooting them. I couldn't stop lmao every time he got fouled. I mean, the guy was so mad lol

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 01:57 AM
What's lost in all this should-we-have-hack-a-whoever-oh-my-god-its-so-cheap business is that these players are being paid mind-bogglingly large sums of money to play this game. They have nearly unlimited time to play a game in which it's no secret that free throws can play a crucial part. If you can't (or won't) put in the time/effort to improve your percentage on an UNGUARDED attempt, or can't find somebody to help improve your technique, then that's on you.

admiralsnackbar
04-03-2010, 02:26 AM
OH HERE IT COMES!

Here we go!

Is this like the Argentine who taught the Magic how to play tonight?

If you wanted to be an jingoist, you should have picked a less international team.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Basketball's an game invented on American soil and first played by American players. The fact that a Canadian invented it is splitting fucking hairs. Anyone who tells you bball isn't an American game is a plumb fool.

TDMVPDPOY
04-03-2010, 02:51 AM
isnt d12 earnin max, at leasts hire a ft shooting coach you tool

polandprzem
04-03-2010, 03:04 AM
isnt d12 earnin max, at leasts hire a ft shooting coach you tool

lol

Wasn't the spurs one of the worst FT shooting teams?

Tim also struggled a lot on a FT line

newacc
04-03-2010, 03:09 AM
I'd like to hear what that fan said. That looked like a questionable toss.

Spurs got a huge win. Magic are a top team, but they're low on the toughness. Vince Carter always overemphasizes and plays up his injuries whether he's hurt or not. There's a word for him on the playground. D-Howard looked as mean and as strong as I've seen him (I think it actually helped Duncan) but getting mad at CB for fouling him made him look really weak.

angelbelow
04-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Lol

Manudo Flopo
04-03-2010, 04:53 AM
fucking cheaters sob's

Stringer_Bell
04-03-2010, 05:04 AM
fucking cheaters sob's

lol celtics losing 3 straight (including to the rockets)
lol KG crying over the amount of fouls he's called for, if he was on the Spurs he'd know when to foul (thank jeebus, he's not)

If refs can call fouls and make anticipatory calls in the last minute of a game tha turns it into a free throw match with no real rhythym, then they are obligated to call any foul on the court throughout the whole game. Do you haterz not realize that most of you complain that you don't get to the foul line enough?...well, the Spurs will help you get to the foul line when its strategically advantageous to them. YOU, need to make them. It's a very simple concept.

DesignatedT
04-03-2010, 06:19 AM
did howard say something to coach?

and behind the magic bench there was something i think

Howard was obviously mad about the intentional hack.

Behind the magic bench... I was sitting 2nd row behind the bench and Matt Barnes and a fan starting getting into it verbally...It was pretty serious though because barnes and the spur fan were seriously going at it pretty rowdy. Eventually the cops came down and kicked the fan out but spurs fans got up and gave him a standing ovation on his way out the tunnel :lol it was pretty funny. This was by far the most intense game i've been to all season... the fans were really into it....

Martin R
04-03-2010, 06:27 AM
In International basket you get called an Intentional Foul, which means, 2 FT and the ball.

I think the NBA should review this rule because it is against the spirit of the game.
Today it is legal and I would have done the same thing Bud did. :)

Solid D
04-03-2010, 06:39 AM
you haven't seen Wilt doing it I guess :)

Good point! Notice how far away from the free throw line Wilt is at this particular stage in his career. Wilt tried several styles, including granny-style from between the knees.

ITxDdnzpnU8

DesignatedT
04-03-2010, 06:47 AM
In International basket you get called an Intentional Foul, which means, 2 FT and the ball.

I think the NBA should review this rule because it is against the spirit of the game.
Today it is legal and I would have done the same thing Bud did. :)

It is the same in NBA ball under 2 minutes... they only intentional foul when there is over 2 minutes left. or else it would be 2 FT and the ball for an intentional foul.

samikeyp
04-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Hey Dwight....I know Superman, Superman makes his free throws..you sir, are no Superman.

:)

foodie2
04-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey Dwight....I know Superman, Superman makes his free throws..you sir, are no Superman.

:)

samikeyp FTW!! :lol:lol:lol

exstatic
04-03-2010, 08:06 AM
“My mind wasn’t on the free throws. It was on the coach for the intentional fouls,” Howard said. “Really upset about that.”

Mike Bud, FTW.

exstatic
04-03-2010, 08:10 AM
My favorite intentional foul of all time was in the first game we met Phoenix in the 2008-2009 season. Snaq had gotten pretty butt hurt about some hack-a during the 2008 playoff series, and Pop had Findog foul him like right after the opening tip. :lol Pop gave him the thumbs up, everybody laughed, but there was a message sent: we'll do it whenever we want.

PopRocks
04-03-2010, 08:20 AM
It is the same in NBA ball under 2 minutes... they only intentional foul when there is over 2 minutes left. or else it would be 2 FT and the ball for an intentional foul.

So a team is down with under a minute to go.
They foul to stop the clock and get possesion after the free throws to try to win the game.

How's the hack a player not the same?

It's a strategy to win the game.

At the end of a game, it's countered by putting the ball in the hands of players with high free throw percentages.

It's on the team getting hacked to do something about it.

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 09:09 AM

i disagree with this completely, somehow making this illegal would decrease the overall talent of bigs if your an nba star getting millions of dollars to put a ball in a hole you better damn well be able to do just that if your put n the line!! lets say they take that option away, now what? when a big is fouled down low during a crucial period do they have to determine whether or not this is an intentional foul??? it really becomes a bigger issue, and theres no way to give certain unskilled players extra privleges just so they wont be tormented by the free throw line. its ridiculous that they cant make their free throws in the first place they should be ashamed

HeyIt'sMe
04-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Howard practices FTs all the time, some players just can't make them.

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 09:19 AM
From the recap.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2010040224

did you see that guy??!!!?!, when he stood up i was like hell yeah thats a big mexican looked like he wanted to throw some blows with howard, haha looked like a luchador!!!

exstatic
04-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Howard practices FTs all the time, some players just can't make them.

Everyone can make FTs. It's both a physical AND a mental process, and I think we know where Howard falls short, don't we? He doesn't have the old broken wrist excuse of Snaq.

You have to be able to shut out the distractions, go through your routine, and make a good percentage of the FTs. If you can't manage that, you have a much bigger problem than just FTs. It means you're psychologically weak, that you let people get into your head.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-03-2010, 09:30 AM
“My mind wasn’t on the free throws. It was on the coach for the intentional fouls,” Howard said.

Who knew Howard was such a flake? I think Vince Carter must be sharing his douching implement with Dwight.

I know it's a long shot, but it'd be sweet to meet this team in the finals. If they're that easily thrown off their games, it'd be 2007 all over again.

As for that fan, he got tossed for yelling work on your free throws? What the fuck? I loved the Jaffe sucks chant by the way. Why didn't they throw out the whole arena?

silverblackfan
04-03-2010, 09:31 AM
I liked the strategy and if Tim was having a crappy FT season, teams would use it against us. And they would be justified. I like the rule change to punish the team that employs this within the last 2 minutes, but until then, it is a great way to mess with the other teams rhythm.
The best part about this strategy was getting into Howard's head. You know he was thinking of the other teams in the play offs that will consider this.

samikeyp
04-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Mike Bud, FTW.

LOL Clark Kent

Yea, I give the W to Coach Bud. :tu

samikeyp
04-03-2010, 09:37 AM
I liked the strategy and if Tim was having a crappy FT season, teams would use it against us. And they would be justified. I like the rule change to punish the team that employs this within the last 2 minutes, but until then, it is a great way to mess with the other teams rhythm.
The best part about this strategy was getting into Howard's head. You know he was thinking of the other teams in the play offs that will consider this.

You are right and when teams did it against Bowen and Duncan...the response from non-Spurs fans was "make your free throws"..... it works both ways.

Quiet Strength
04-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Free throws are a part of the game. Shaq sometimes was able to handle it and knock some down.. maybe howard should learn how to make free throws instead of running around and jumping wearing his superman cape. I respect him as a player but bitching about this was dumb.. The spurs fouled him because he sucks at free throws.. be a better free throw shooter and that wont happen anymore.

Mitch Cumsteen
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Two fans got tossed. The big mexican guy, and the bald guy in the black shirt. They were heckling Howard for his free throws, and then that punk ass Matt Barnes called the big mexican guy a fucking faggot... and the big mexican guy responded by telling Barnes that he didn't want any piece of him. The Magic security were the ones who had them thrown out.

Howard and Barnes need to grow some thicker skin. They weren't making personal attacks or using profanity, and then Barnes went off.

dbestpro
04-03-2010, 10:02 AM
This is what makes basketball more than a game for high flying muscled pukes. Power is great, but so is skill finesse and mental toughness. Howards problem is not free throw shooting. It is lack of mental toughness. KG and the Celtics are experts at getting into your head. Howard should expect to shoot 30 free throws a game come playoffs until he can show he has what it takes between the ears.

panic giraffe
04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Heres one with the fan:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2010/...nba/index.html (http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2010/04/02/0020901129_orl_sas_recap.nba/index.html)

haha they probably just kicked him out cause he was a fat old george lopez look-a-like with some 21 year old hottie. "make your free throws"?!?! i always say way more personal shit when we play the lakers, you know "she said no" or "you married the fat kardashian", but then again i sit in 220 and doubt the players hear me.

the point it, the guy shouldn't have been ejected, he's not a professional basketball player. the magic are. they should have just shut the fuck up and made their shots if they wanted to shut up the crowd. ask kobe or manu if they know how to shut up a overzealous crowd and the answer would easily be "hit a baseline 3" not "yell back and then pussy out and call security". what a joke this "superman" is.

Solid D
04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Back when Pop was an assistant under Nellie at Golden State in '92-93, the Warriors played the Spurs in San Antonio in the old HemisFair Arena. I was at the game where Nellie did the intentional fouling routine on the Spurs' Larry "Mr. Mean" Smith. Smith was a 41% FT shooter and the strategy worked perfectly. The Warriors pretty much owned the Spurs that season anyway but the ploy works if the coach (John Lucas at that time) wants to leave the poor shooter in there.

ploto
04-03-2010, 11:08 AM
IIRC in FIBA, an intentional foul is deemed unsportsmanlike and awards 2 free throws and the ball.

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2010, 11:18 AM
I love the hack-a-Shaq rules..it's exploiting a weakness, it's a great strategy..to me, it's the same thing as sagging off a poor shooter or exploiting a weak defender..

My favorite hack-a-Shaq was recently, and it wasn't even the Spurs doing it..Terry Porter and the Suns try to copy the Spurs with the hack-a-Bowen..they keep doing it, Bowen keeps making it..the Spurs are fucking with their heads SO much, that Porter does it with under 2 minutes left, resulting in Bowen making FTs AND the Spurs getting the ball back IIRC..

Some teams know how to do it better than others..

exstatic
04-03-2010, 11:19 AM
IIRC in FIBA, an intentional foul is deemed unsportsmanlike and awards 2 free throws and the ball.

"Fuck FIBA" - Tim Duncan

Cane
04-03-2010, 11:23 AM
haha they probably just kicked him out cause he was a fat old george lopez look-a-like with some 21 year old hottie. "make your free throws"?!?! i always say way more personal shit when we play the lakers, you know "she said no" or "you married the fat kardashian", but then again i sit in 220 and doubt the players hear me.

the point it, the guy shouldn't have been ejected, he's not a professional basketball player. the magic are. they should have just shut the fuck up and made their shots if they wanted to shut up the crowd. ask kobe or manu if they know how to shut up a overzealous crowd and the answer would easily be "hit a baseline 3" not "yell back and then pussy out and call security". what a joke this "superman" is.

Yea, looks like the Spurs found his kryptonite.

benefactor
04-03-2010, 11:45 AM
"Work on your free throws" = "personal attack"

R O F L

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 11:47 AM
I have a feeling the fan said more than "work on your free throws." In the video it looks like the exchange was more heated than a simple comment like "work on your free throws" would elicit.

mrsmaalox
04-03-2010, 12:05 PM
I have a feeling the fan said more than "work on your free throws." In the video it looks like the exchange was more heated than a simple comment like "work on your free throws" would elicit.

I think it was festering throughout the game. I sat directly across the court from the guy who got ejected and the Magic security was up there twice stopping the guy from handing Dwight Howard a jersey to sign. I don't know if it was his jersey or he was just passing it for someone else, but Howard actually reached over to receive it both times but security stopped him.

Velo
04-03-2010, 02:28 PM
If all that fan was saying was work on your FT's and Howard calls that a personal attack, then Howard is mentally and emotionally a Paper Tiger.

panic giraffe
04-03-2010, 02:28 PM
...I missed some free throws, they fouled me intentionally, I fouled out and some fans threw beer on us as we walked off the floor. Yep, an all-around bad night..........To make it a horrible night all around, we had a fan yelling at us from behind the bench. He was yelling at me to work on my free throws and I just said “OK”. When some of my teammates said something to him he just started attacking me..........

http://www.dwighthoward.com/blog/

butthurt.

i didn't see anyone throwing beer, did anyone else?

iminol
04-03-2010, 04:20 PM
Howard think he's like disneyworld child with pluto dog smile. But he's frustration is not coincidental. He's NBA leader in personal fouls (268) and NBA leader in technical fouls (16).

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Just one of the many reasons FIBA sucks balls. "World Championship" my ass.

Fucking
Idiot
Basketball for
Amateurs

duhoh
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM

That's not gonna be for a LONG time though.

Creation88
04-03-2010, 05:37 PM
let me get this straight?

the majority of you fuckheads bitch about the fans NOT being rowdy in the stands, especially the ones in the lower bowl. then FINALLY someone talks shit/heckles and THEY'RE out of line? WTF?

i loved this. Dwight Howard has the mental capability of a 6 year old on the playground. blame everyone but yourself.

i hope this place grows a reputation for being a hard place to play.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 05:46 PM
let me get this straight?

the majority of you fuckheads bitch about the fans NOT being rowdy in the stands, especially the ones in the lower bowl. then FINALLY someone talks shit/heckles and THEY'RE out of line? WTF?

i loved this. Dwight Howard has the mental capability of a 6 year old on the playground. blame everyone but yourself.

i hope this place grows a reputation for being a hard place to play.

I agree. People should fear playing in SA. Remember the HemisFair and Alamodome crowds back in the day? Those hungry fans definitely played into giving us a 6th man we could count on. I think many SA fans have grown complacent with our decade long run of consistent success, but now more than ever we need to get back to being the rabid fanbase that vociferously supports its team--especially when the national media is shitting on them, as usual.

Only thing is don't take it to the extreme--I don't wanna end up like Philly fans (though I think there's little danger of that lol).

Man In Black
04-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Someone with time should make a youtube video of the incident and then run his blog comments underneath as the action happens, and then also add what really happened and what really was said.
When he first picked up foul #6, it was easy to see that the first thing he did was look at Coach Bud and say,"That's bullshit."

TD 21
04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
This guy is an immature brat and that's why he'll never be a true all-time great. I guess the Spurs didn't allow him to strut around smiling, flexing his muscles and dunking everything in sight, so he had to throw a fit. How about putting the onus on himself for shooting so horrifically from the line? No, it's easier to whine at the other team's coach, who's only doing it because he's an incomplete player with limited skills.

But what's the incentive to be a gym rat when you're marketed/billed as an all-time great already and are being paid an exorbitant amount of money? The only incentive is to be an all-time great, something this guy clearly doesn't have the drive for. I'm not suggesting he doesn't work hard, but he's clearly not as driven as guys like Duncan and Bryant and that's why he'll never be mentioned in the same breathe as them, historically speaking. Granted, they were naturally more skilled players to begin with.

Cherry
04-03-2010, 07:40 PM
My favorite intentional foul of all time was in the first game we met Phoenix in the 2008-2009 season. Snaq had gotten pretty butt hurt about some hack-a during the 2008 playoff series, and Pop had Findog foul him like right after the opening tip. :lol Pop gave him the thumbs up, everybody laughed, but there was a message sent: we'll do it whenever we want.

My favorite too :lol

-S_soY5Jg_Q

Sisk
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM

cheap? give me a break..

ploto
04-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Yea, looks like the Spurs found his kryptonite.

Other teams have used it but not really to as much success.

raspsa
04-04-2010, 07:49 AM
You use it very selectively but it is a legitimate strategy. Players should welcome the opportunity to score unmolested from the FT line and bump up their scoring averages. Guys like Shaq and now Howard who complain think they're special and bigger than the game. Maybe they should swallow their pride and hire Rick Barry to teach them how to shoot underhanded.. too bad their egos won't allow them to help their teams win.