PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Magic Game)

duncan228
04-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Post Game Quotes (Magic Game) (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100402.html)

Mike Budenholzer

On the play of Manu Ginobili & Tim Duncan - Just get out of Manu and Tim’s way. Let them make plays and reads. They were both unbelievable. They were scoring and finding teammates. Just get out of their way.

On Tim and three fouls early - There was some debate on whether we should put him back in, but Antonio McDyess did a great job. His interior post defense is underrated. Dwight Howard is a handful. It’s hard to guard him. We were able to play him (McDyess) with Tim on the bench and that was a little bit of good fortune. Antonio gave us a good effort.

On going to Tim at the start of the fourth when we were leading by two points - We went to him out of the timeout. If it worked, we were going to keep going to him. He was strong and aggressive in the post, so we kept going to it.

Antonio McDyess

On his game tonight - It was good tonight. I felt real relaxed and comfortable. I just went out there and tried not to think about previous games and just go out there and shoot the day – I think I did a good job.

On having to guard Dwight Howard after Tim’s early fouls - I knew that from the start. When he got three quick fouls and I saw Matt coming in, I knew he hasn’t coming in for me. It was up to me to go in there; I was used to having to guard him in Detroit.

On Tim’s second half - I think now he is saying that he might sit out every first half because he played such an excellent game in the second half. He came out and played hard and he was aggressive. I think tonight he was very aggressive, that was the difference. He was going to the line, shooting the hook shot and making it. You get your confidence going up on making those shots.

On Manu Ginobili - I think people tend to forget tend to forget how good he really is. It seemed like he has gotten his stride back and is playing like the way that he used to – he is only helping us by playing terrific right now.

Tim Duncan

On his fourth quarter offense on Dwight - It was just a situation and knew that he had fouls. They weren’t double teaming me during the game and I thought I could get my shot to go down.

On only playing a few minutes in the first half - Knowing Pop, that might be my rotation now, only getting four minutes in the first half.

On having to sit on the bench and the Spurs team play - It was tough but honestly it was good to watch the guys play and watch the rhythm of the game. If there is a positive to come out of it that’s definitely it. I never like sitting on the bench or being out of the game and I never like being unable to contribute. Manu was obviously unbelievable and was able to keep us in it in the first and second half. The guys were just playing great all around. We stayed in it and got that lead in the third quarter but unfortunately gave it back in the beginning of the fourth. We just found a way to finish.

On Coach Bud - Coach Bud did great. He kept it simple with what we were doing out there and didn’t try to get tricky with a lot of stuff. He kept the ball in George’s and Manu’s hands and for that little stretch I got it and let players make plays. It was a real good job.

On fouling Dwight Howard - I think he got really angry with the fouls we were committing for whatever reason with our strategy we used towards the end, trying to keep (the Magic) off that 3-point line as well as they were shooting. I don’t know if he took himself out of the game – obviously we had both been in foul trouble the entire game.

Stan Van Gundy

Opening statement - Tonight we couldn’t control their pick-and-roll at all as we just did not do a good job on it at any point as it was frustrating. They went to the rim, the rim, the rim as we did not do a good job there. Ginobili obviously killed us in that stretch there as they went to Duncan as he also made some big hoops. Offensively, we were decent as we kept ourselves in the game and gave ourselves a chance there until the last five minutes or so. We just couldn’t stop them and certainly not for enough sustained time to get back in the game. The 62 points in the paint, they simply played extremely well as I wasn’t happy with our defense but in reality they played extremely well at a very high energy level.

On Dwight Howard’s struggling performance tonight - He struggled at the line, I mean, he has nights like that. Dwight was upset as that was frustrating in that regard, but we had an idiot behind the bench that we should’ve just ignored but every arena’s has them. It was a frustrating night as our guys ended up getting into it with the guy.

On Tim Duncan getting quick fouls in the first quarter - It could’ve affected the game but he only played four and a half minutes in the first half but Dwight only played seven and a half. We didn’t get a whole lot of advantage out of that.

On the “Hack-a-Howard” method of the Spurs - You’re going to do anything you can to win a game. Mike is looking at the way we shoot threes and the way we spread it out and our quick comeback and the whole thing as he’s not going to take that chance. I thought it was a solid strategy.

Dwight Howard

On this game against the Spurs tonight versus their last match-up - They’re fighting for something much more bigger than this game. We understood that as they came out tonight and played good on both end. We as a team have to come back Sunday and get a win.

On if tonight felt like a playoff intensity game - Not really. We didn’t play as well as we wanted to play as like I said, we just have to come back Sunday and have a better game on both ends of the floor as I’m pretty sure we’ll bounce back strong. We never let one game affect the rest of the season as we know we didn’t play our best tonight.

Jameer Nelson

On Ginobili’s performance tonight - I think who played on him played him tough and hard but it was just one of those nights where he was doing everything and making a lot of shots. He’s a tough guard, regardless of what night it is, but tonight he really had it going on.

On how the team handled the unfriendly crowd with playoffs approaching - To be honest with you, I think since All-Star break we’ve had the best record in the league so I’m not concerned at all. I’m not trying to be mean but I’m just being honest as you win games and lose games. Guys get hot on you but he had it going tonight as they went to him 85 percent of the time as he’s a great player. If you’re going to get a lot of touches you’re going to get a lot of shots.

emanueldavidginobili
04-03-2010, 12:23 AM
i really think manu is one of the hottest player in the league right now, ive heard like 4 games from opposite team saying how good he is and how he has it going on

Fpoonsie
04-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Dwight Howard

"They’re fighting for something much more bigger than this game..."

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2763328537_9ef7053c55.jpg

NFGIII
04-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Post Game Quotes (Magic Game) (http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/100402.html)

Tim Duncan

On only playing a few minutes in the first half - Knowing Pop, that might be my rotation now, only getting four minutes in the first half.

And people say this guy is dull and boring? Now I tell you what that there was funny.

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 09:59 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2763328537_9ef7053c55.jpg
that really pisses me off too dude, who is that hottie on your sig??

TampaDude
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
that really pisses me off too dude, who is that hottie on your sig??

That's Amanda Crew...she's Canadian, eh...