PDA

View Full Version : Spurs as of late...

Pentagruel
04-03-2010, 12:30 AM
The Spurs are no longer playing deceiving basketball as of late. They are not beating scrubs nor are they squeaking by the quality ball clubs. They are controlling games from start to finish, dominating them even. I believe again in a championship no matter who we face. We bested the Cavs, the Celtics and the Magic. We beat OKC, and Houston. We lost to Atlanta in overtime and we had that horrendous game against the Nets. But the difference in those victories was that I felt we were truly in control the whole game through. We didn't jump out to a big lead and barely hold on. We simply fought and won. We got a marginal lead and held it all the way through. There was never a time where I felt the despair of a game slipping away. We have played phenomenal basketball as of late and this win against Orlando has solidified our quality for me. Give me any team in the western conference and if the Spurs keep playing as they are, I will feel confident we will win for the first time this season.

Manu has been a Superstar lately.
Tim Duncan has still been defending at an exceptional level and can still throw up some points when called upon.
Hill has filled in for Parker better then anyone could have expected of him, with some great drives to the basket and better shooting (plus some solid defense from time to time).
Bonner has played some reliable defense and a more variable offense as of late.
The rest of the role players have clearly meshed better then in the first half of the season and are playing superior defense and adding a couple of points here and there (especially RJ has picked up his game [which may be disappointing considering his price tag but it is certainly better then the first half of the season]).

If Tony can get back to the squad and back up to speed in time, great, but even if he can't I believe that we have the quality to win a series against any team thrust before us in this coming post season if the players keep up the level they have consistently shown since the all-star break.

That is all.

SequSpur
04-03-2010, 12:36 AM
yeah!

Pentagruel
04-03-2010, 12:38 AM
And i've been a bit of a cynic at that. But no more!

Sean Cagney
04-03-2010, 12:38 AM
thats cause they suck, shit they werent ever good.

LOL yeah who wasn't ever good?

Pentagruel
04-03-2010, 12:46 AM
spurs dick head, its called fucking context clues

Be silent troll. You have no power here!

Pentagruel
04-03-2010, 12:54 AM
You just wait... we have powerful methods here. We burn trolls here, we don't ban them; you best beware!

Pentagruel
04-03-2010, 01:07 AM
You trolls are getting more and more wiley these days. But don;t you worry, I know you're weak to fire and acid... I'll get you yet, and use my magic hobo spices to avoid the popo.

In the meantime we can get back to the thread; The Spurs are playin amazing ball and I really believe they have a shot at beating anyone they meet in the playoffs (even if they proceed to lose the next couple of games).

Pentagruel
04-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Come hither troll, i'll have words with you yet!

santymrc
04-03-2010, 03:06 AM
i am not a troll this is my only account and i only am posting the truth.
and it seriously this my only account first i was beefanus i got banned for a year, then i was beefanus II i got banned for 2 years (dont even know what the fuck i did that time) and now i am beefanus III. Shit the number line goes on forever, you'll never get rid of me!

So you got banned in 05, then in 07 and now you're going to get banned... Great!! We know what this means!!!

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 03:09 AM
So you got banned in 05, then in 07 and now you're going to get banned... Great!! We know what this means!!!

Like a dog returning to its vomit, this fool's gonna keep coming back to the scene of his idiocy.

Otaku
04-03-2010, 04:03 AM
Yet the Spurs go and lose to the Nets just 2 games ago.

It was a fluke, I know, but flukes like that can get you out of the playoffs.

TJastal
04-03-2010, 08:16 AM
The Spurs are no longer playing deceiving basketball as of late. They are not beating scrubs nor are they squeaking by the quality ball clubs. They are controlling games from start to finish, dominating them even. I believe again in a championship no matter who we face. We bested the Cavs, the Celtics and the Magic. We beat OKC, and Houston. We lost to Atlanta in overtime and we had that horrendous game against the Nets. But the difference in those victories was that I felt we were truly in control the whole game through. We didn't jump out to a big lead and barely hold on. We simply fought and won. We got a marginal lead and held it all the way through. There was never a time where I felt the despair of a game slipping away. We have played phenomenal basketball as of late and this win against Orlando has solidified our quality for me. Give me any team in the western conference and if the Spurs keep playing as they are, I will feel confident we will win for the first time this season.

Manu has been a Superstar lately.
Tim Duncan has still been defending at an exceptional level and can still throw up some points when called upon.
Hill has filled in for Parker better then anyone could have expected of him, with some great drives to the basket and better shooting (plus some solid defense from time to time).
Bonner has played some reliable defense and a more variable offense as of late.
The rest of the role players have clearly meshed better then in the first half of the season and are playing superior defense and adding a couple of points here and there (especially RJ has picked up his game [which may be disappointing considering his price tag but it is certainly better then the first half of the season]).

If Tony can get back to the squad and back up to speed in time, great, but even if he can't I believe that we have the quality to win a series against any team thrust before us in this coming post season if the players keep up the level they have consistently shown since the all-star break.

That is all.

Bonner's defense and 3pt shooting aren't exactly what I'd term "reliable". But I agree with everything else. Roger is due for one of his patented money games against the fakers. I think the spurs can win.

exstatic
04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Bonner's defense and 3pt shooting aren't exactly what I'd term "reliable". But I agree with everything else. Roger is due for one of his patented money games against the fakers. I think the spurs can win.

Uh, Bonner is the second best 3 point shooter in the team, just behind Hill, and just AHEAD of Manu.

Hate is clouding your perception, padawan learner.

silverblackfan
04-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Bonner has improved and is even shooting better against the tougher teams. The development of the drive and floater/baby hook seems to really improved his confidence. I remember watching him practice that over the paddle guy earlier in the season and its is paying off now. I like that he would get drove on by Lewis and then take it right back at him on the next play. That was different.
Hell, if Bonner and Mason can shoot well against the Lakers, it would make the team much stronger. This remains to be seen when a 7 footer comes to block those floaters.

lennyalderette
04-03-2010, 09:34 AM
Yet the Spurs go and lose to the Nets just 2 games ago.

It was a fluke, I know, but flukes like that can get you out of the playoffs.
im sorry the reeason why were winning is ??!?!?!?! MANU!!!!!!!! he wasnt playing at all during the nets game just so you know.... i know sports center would love to leave that out hahah but we beat cleveland on an 8 game streak, boston on a streak, lost to nets, beat houston who always plays good against us, and now beat orlando who i think were on a streak so i could honestly say we have turned things around. this is all w/out big young post players and of course tony parker