PDA

View Full Version : Manu and NBA Awards This Season

BillMc
04-03-2010, 09:28 AM
The MVP chant made me think of Manu's NBA Award chances. He won't win the NBA MVP (obviously). He might not even be the Spurs MVP (remember first half Duncan?)

Anyway, I do wonder if Manu can win 6th Man of the Year. I think he won't have started too many games and can qualify. BUT as he's done most his damage as a starter I don't think he'll get a lot of votes.

Anyone think he's got a chance at Second or Third Team All NBA? The guard spots are loaded though...

exstatic
04-03-2010, 10:01 AM
I've never seen him in any top 5 lists for 6th man. Unless a Spurs player is the CLEAR choice for an award, and sometimes not even then (cough*Bowen*cough), they give it to someone else.

I think he's playing well enough for maybe 3rd team All NBA, and Parker fell of and CP3 and Roy were hurt, so there may be an opening.

BillMc
04-03-2010, 10:18 AM
I've never seen him in any top 5 lists for 6th man. Unless a Spurs player is the CLEAR choice for an award, and sometimes not even then (cough*Bowen*cough), they give it to someone else.

I think he's playing well enough for maybe 3rd team All NBA, and Parker fell of and CP3 and Roy were hurt, so there may be an opening.

So right about Bowen. (And Tim, who despite all those MVPs never won a DPOY.)

TDMVPDPOY
04-03-2010, 10:35 AM
if ghill3 doesnt win MIP then its a travesty

roycrikside
04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't know if it'd be fair for Manu to win 6MOY when the thing that made his numbers explode was getting a chance to start for the last quarter of the season. It seems like that would be against the spirit of the award.

On the other hand, even when Manu was a bench player and supposedly "struggling" he still led all NBA reserves in PER, so it wouldn't be an absolute sham or anything.

santymrc
04-03-2010, 02:21 PM
if ghill3 doesnt win mip then its a travesty

+1

tothrowed
04-03-2010, 02:23 PM
i hate the nba and the commisoner the only reason a spurs player never wins any big award is because they say were boring but fuck it were a dynasty

BillMc
04-03-2010, 03:24 PM

+2

TIMMYD!
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
So right about Bowen. (And Tim, who despite all those MVPs never won a DPOY.)

I system for DPOY is wrong. The voters seem to only look into the amount of blocks a player gets (mostly) which is why it was so hard for Bowen to win one.
But you are right about Tim, he anchored one of the greatest defenses of all time and had a high block average.

urunobili
04-03-2010, 03:34 PM

+3

cherylsteele
04-03-2010, 05:14 PM
If the NBA had a comeback player of the year award Manu Would probably win it hands down.

GHIll is certainly a strong contender for MIP; are there any others that could be considered?