PDA

View Full Version : Here's to more raucous crowds @ AT&T

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Last night was refreshing. I know Spurs fans will probably never be accused of being the wildest/most spirited in the league, but having rabid crowds that aren't afraid to voice their opinion makes the AT&T Center a much more intimidating venue. Not condoning the actions of the fan behind the Magic bench, but hey, d12 and his teammates were stupid enough to respond in kind.

ThePop
04-03-2010, 12:49 PM
The "refs you suck" chants were great. Can't remember the last time I heard that in the AT&T center.

Slomo
04-03-2010, 12:50 PM
:toast

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-03-2010, 12:51 PM
:tu

baseline bum
04-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, the AT&T Center sounded like Hemisfair last night. I hope it's like that for the playoffs.

Ditty
04-03-2010, 01:00 PM
yah the crowd is ready for the playoffs i havent been to a game like that for a while that the fans our on the opposing players ass and the magic are not even our rival the crowd was loud and energatic i was suprised about the refs you suck chant espically that people say spurs fans are classy lol i guess alot of spurs fan are still pissed off about this season and took there frustration on the refs

crc21209
04-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Last night was totally amazing...seeing the Spurs win a HUGE game live on my 22nd birthday was the best present i could've received. The arena had a playoff atomosphere and that was probably the best crowd I've ever been apart of at at&t!! And i jumped right in on those "refs you suck" chants! lol

mrsmaalox
04-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I totally agree, the place was really alive---the team fed off the fans and vice versa. Best game I've been to in quite a while :tu

Cant_Be_Faded
04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
Last night's crowd was fucking intense! The refs DID fucking suck, its like we were playing in Staples center last night or something.

And Dwight missing all those free throws made the crowd go fucking BONKERS!

It was awesome as hell.
Also the ovation that Manu got when they announced the starting lineup, and every time he was put into the game was off the chain. I never been to a spurs game where Manu got such incredibly loud cheers....

I don't see any possible way he doesn't resign with us.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-03-2010, 01:12 PM
holy crap I did not even notice Pop got ejected

I was relatively spurs game sober too, I was just so caught up in the game itself I had no idea Pop got ejected. I remember him getting T'ed up but totally missed him being ejected.

Can't get over how intense the arena was last night. hahaha, OH whatta day

gospursgojas
04-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Props crowd :tu

After the lakers game, we didn't wanna be embarresed again

sa_kid20
04-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Last night was totally amazing...seeing the Spurs win a HUGE game live on my 22nd birthday was the best present i could've received. The arena had a playoff atomosphere and that was probably the best crowd I've ever been apart of at at&t!! And i jumped right in on those "refs you suck" chants! lol

Glad the Spurs gave you an awesome birthday man :tu

The AT&T Center definitely had a playoff feel to it last night! One of the best games I've been to this season for sure, and it was really cool to see the AT&T Center rockin like that with THIS Spurs team.

Whisky Dog
04-03-2010, 01:22 PM
From what was written that fan just kept yelling at Coward to work on his free throws, which is great. I want the fans to be borderline nasty and inappropriate. Be a bit vicious. Make other teams players hate you and hate coming to SA.

mrsmaalox
04-03-2010, 01:28 PM
holy crap I did not even notice Pop got ejected

I was relatively spurs game sober too, I was just so caught up in the game itself I had no idea Pop got ejected. I remember him getting T'ed up but totally missed him being ejected.

Can't get over how intense the arena was last night. hahaha, OH whatta day

That's because it happened while we were all looking at the "Kiss Cam"!! It wasn't during game play.

Velo
04-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Some Thoughts:
During the broadcast, Sean said to cheer the silver and black, leave the trash talkin to the players.
I was ROFL when the crowd started in on the "Refs you suck!!" That was years of bullshit calls rolled into one night of chants!
If this carries over into the playoffs, I really believe we'll have tons of momentum going in.

xellos88330
04-03-2010, 02:23 PM
It was absolutely electric last night. My father and I had a great time with the "Refs you suck" chants. That was the first time I felt the energy of the crowd all season. I didn't feel like I was sitting alone yelling and cheering for my team. Felt really good to finally look around me, seeing everyone else getting involved and not being the only one in my area. I am pretty sure the Spurs felt it as well, because the Magic surely did.

WELL DONE ATT CENTER FANS!!! BRING IT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON AND THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!!

tothrowed
04-03-2010, 02:27 PM
did yall notcie how sportcenter barley even showed our game clips

xellos88330
04-03-2010, 02:32 PM

That is why I watch NBA TV. They will always show it. Hard for the Spurs to get a good segment though.

Muser
04-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Reminded me of when I saw Utah/Chicago in London, the crowd was fuckin' wild. When Gibson got the game winner the place erupted.

Sisk
04-03-2010, 03:13 PM
yeah the Spurs need those fans in the playoffs, it was extremely refreshing after that lakers aberration

tp2021
04-03-2010, 03:15 PM
I think it took some unaccustomed losing for the championship-spoiled fans to realize they need to show some damn support to their team.

TJastal
04-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Last night's crowd was fucking intense! The refs DID fucking suck, its like we were playing in Staples center last night or something.

And Dwight missing all those free throws made the crowd go fucking BONKERS!

It was awesome as hell.
Also the ovation that Manu got when they announced the starting lineup, and every time he was put into the game was off the chain. I never been to a spurs game where Manu got such incredibly loud cheers....

I don't see any possible way he doesn't resign with us.

Tony Brown delivered what might be the worst reffing job this year so far.

TIMMYD!
04-03-2010, 03:24 PM

That's my main problem with ESPN, they don't take notice when we beat a great team. If we were to lose to them, they would dedicate a whole segment with analysts explaining how we are done and the "Spurs" era is over.

Fpoonsie
04-03-2010, 03:27 PM

Not to steal ANY of your thunder, but the 2nd was MY bday, too (26th). So, Happy Belated, bud.

(and how's this for creepy...my initials are C.R.C.)

http://biobreak.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/the-twilight-zone.jpeg

crc21209
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Not to steal ANY of your thunder, but the 2nd was MY bday, too (26th). So, Happy Belated, bud.

Oh wow how cool, well happy belated b-day to you too....and wow same initials huh...what are the odds? :lol

Rebounds
04-03-2010, 03:43 PM

Haa!!! My Bday also, April 2nd !

gospursgojas
04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
I think it took some unaccustomed losing for the championship-spoiled fans to realize they need to show some damn support to their team.

:tu

DMX7
04-03-2010, 04:00 PM
The "refs you suck" chants were great. Can't remember the last time I heard that in the AT&T center.

I was there, and the only reason fans were chanting that is because the officials took "suck" to a whole new level. I've never ever seen it that bad before.

SAtown
04-03-2010, 04:25 PM

Last I remember any occasion like that was a "bullshit!" chant vs Houston that started in the dome circa 94-95.

alamo50
04-04-2010, 03:14 AM
It must be April!

:ihit

J.T.
04-04-2010, 03:23 AM
Last night was totally amazing...seeing the Spurs win a HUGE game live on my 22nd birthday was the best present i could've received.

If you thought that was cool, imagine what seeing them win a championship on your birthday feels like.

I couldn't talk for a week.

#2!
04-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Last I remember any occasion like that was a "bullshit!" chant vs Houston that started in the dome circa 94-95.

I've actually heard it more than once over just the last few years both in person, and while watching on TV.

Ginobili2Duncan
04-04-2010, 09:54 AM
The Spurs crowd has been one of the loudest for most of the decade, especially during the Spurs-Lakers playoff battles. I think where you saw a dropoff was in 2008, when the crowd started getting more conservative. If the Spurs are going to make any noise in the playoffs, the fans are going to have to make the At&T one of the more tougher places to play at, in the playoffs.

ohmwrecker
04-04-2010, 10:40 AM
I guess it takes the Spurs coming close to missing the playoffs for the spoiled and uninterested fans to finally wake up and make some noise. The crowds at the AT&T have been an embarrassment for a good couple of years now.

DPG21920
04-04-2010, 10:55 AM
If you thought that was cool, imagine what seeing them win a championship on your birthday feels like.

Now that is the goods. Probably the best birthday ever.

Frenzy
04-04-2010, 11:00 AM
I guess it takes the Spurs coming close to missing the playoffs for the spoiled and uninterested fans to finally wake up and make some noise. The crowds at the AT&T have been an embarrassment for a good couple of years now.

Indeed.

I think the fans have gotten use to (lets wait till the spurs make the playoffs till we get excited) But realized...hey maybe we won't make the playoffs. Not to mention it's been a while since the spurs got a ring(spurs fans were getting use to the every other year ring)

My nephew is 14 so all he knows is the spurs being in the the playoffs and getting rings. What a great life huh..

bigbendbruisebrother
04-04-2010, 01:21 PM
That is why I watch NBA TV. They will always show it. Hard for the Spurs to get a good segment though.

The ESPN highlights don't even mention Hack-a-Howard and how keyed up things got at the end.

crc21209
04-04-2010, 01:26 PM

Wow man, thats fkn awesome! Yeah I got excited because a Spurs game landed on my birthday, and it was at home...I don't think they had EVER played at home on my birthday. If they did play that day, it was always on the road...