PDA

View Full Version : David Stern is going to be on the Ticket760

Kori Ellis
05-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Just FYI, David Stern is going to be on the Ticket760 at 4:20pm today.

King
05-04-2005, 03:15 PM
I had heard that he was going to be. What is he going to say, though? There's really nothing he can say other than 'there's nothing wrong with officiating.'

Good interview for Vex and Walter.

alamo50
05-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Good interview for Vex and Walter.

Oh my God...........

AlamoSpursFan
05-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Seems like a rather appropriate time for the commissioner of the NBA to be on...

:smokin

King
05-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Oh my God...........

A good interview for them to get...the interview itself hasn't even taken place.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Bump for everyone to listen.

You can listen online NOW.

gus
05-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Ask Stern how in the hell can someone receive and shoot with 0.4

Gus

ladiesman
05-04-2005, 04:21 PM
He sounds like he is on the other side of a six pack. :drunk :drunk

timvp
05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
David Stern is OWNING Don Harris.

alamo50
05-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Who doesn't?

Spurminator
05-04-2005, 04:28 PM
David Stern is also being pretty stubborn and evasive.

pooh
That's cause it's a prank

T Park
a retard from the local "Special" school could own Don Harris.

David Stern is wayyyy too slick for hickboy harris.

whottt
05-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Word TPark...

Harris is so far out of his league it isn't even funny.

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 04:37 PM
What is link?

Kori Ellis
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
It's over now. I'll try to get them to upload a copy of it.

whottt
05-04-2005, 04:38 PM
I dunno why everyone always tries to put Stern on the defensive right off the bat...the man destroys any and everyone who tries to do that to him. He's a freaking lawyer...a bigshot lawyer and the attack mode has no effect on him.

The thing I've noticed about him is that he gives up more info and controversrial quotes if his guard is down and he's in a good mood.

timvp
05-04-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't think it's possible that Stern can lose an argument. Don Harris, on the other hand, gets shy when he thinks he's asking a tough question.

MannyIsGod
05-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Man, I could out argue Stern. Bring it on!

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 04:42 PM
I bet Johnny Cochran could handle Stern...too bad he is dead.

Stern sucks, btw.

whottt
05-04-2005, 04:44 PM
Right...Stern is an idiot...that's how he got to where he is today :rolleyes

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 04:45 PM
Right...Stern is an idiot...that's how he got to where he is today :rolleyes

Blowing NBA owners, that is how.

whottt
05-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I dunno why everyone always rags on Stern anyway...I think he's the best of all the commisioners and the NBA is the best run league out of all of them. It's the only one that has a somewhat level playing field yet hasn't made it impossible to maintain a dynasty. It's also the only one that has something other than total hostility between players and owners.

In MLB the big market teams dominate.
In the NFL this years 4-11 team could be next years champion and it is going to be very difficult to stay up there. In the NFL the commisioner destroyed his marquee franchise.
The NHL...get freaking real.

The NBA is the best run pro sports league in the world.

exstatic
05-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Did anyone ask him if he'll cry when we eliminate Phoenix and go to the Finals?

timvp
05-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I dunno why everyone always rags on Stern anyway...I think he's the best of all the commisioners and the NBA is the best run league out of all of them. It's the only one that has a somewhat level playing field yet hasn't made it impossible to maintain a dynasty. It's also the only one that has something other than total hostility between players and owners.

In the NFL this years 4-11 team could be next years champion and it is going to be very difficult to stay up there. In the NFL the commisioner destroyed his marquee franchise.

:tu

T Park
05-04-2005, 04:52 PM

::Stands and claps::

Stern is the best.

He loves gangsters, but the NBA is the best run, and has the best salary structure.

ShoogarBear
I agree with you about Stern, but . . .

In the NFL the commisioner destroyed his marquee franchise.

The Niners?

Seriously, what did he do (I assuming you're actually talking about the Cowbosy)?

red kryptonite
Man, I could out argue Stern. Bring it on!

Talking louder or sticking your middle finger up doesn't mean you out argue someone.

Jimcs50
05-04-2005, 05:06 PM
His refs suck and he is way out of line with VG.

First prove that VG was wrong before you fine him

He has had a blind eye about the refs for yrs and he favors all the Cash Cows in the league over all the small market teams...yet he takes their money, doesn't he?

Typical Jewish lawyer, it is all about money to him, which is what you want in business, and the NBA is business.

But as a person, I hate him.

IX_Equilibrium
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
anyone have an audio link?

Willinsa
05-04-2005, 05:21 PM
His refs suck and he is way out of line with VG.

First prove that VG was wrong before you fine him

He has had a blind eye about the refs for yrs and he favors all the Cash Cows in the league over all the small market teams...yet he takes their money, doesn't he?

Typical Jewish lawyer, it is all about money to him, which is what you want in business, and the NBA is business.

But as a person, I hate him.

Great post.

SilverPlayer
05-04-2005, 05:28 PM
The downfall of stern is that he's a nineties based business man, and its all about brand name recognition to him. Big market teams, big market names. It’s why he defends his "brand" with 100k fines. That being said the man has incredibly high overall business acumen. He has made the NBA salient and has ensured its saliency for years to come with the salary cap. Now he just has to prevent another lock out.

Kori Ellis
05-04-2005, 05:29 PM
VERY, VERY weak WOAI, 760, and Kori.

Why am I weak? I didn't have anything to do with it. :lol

T Park
05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
what an idiot.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-04-2005, 05:32 PM
::Stands and claps::

Stern is the best.

He loves gangsters, but the NBA is the best run, and has the best salary structure.

Can't be worse than the NHL

pooh
05-04-2005, 05:35 PM

It's called parody and it's good. It gives the other low income franchises a chance to reload and make a shot at a title, that in previous years wouldn't have a chance in hell in getting. When last I looked, the last players strike in the NFL was back in '87, since then there hasn't been a problem with things there.

Spurminator
05-04-2005, 05:39 PM
It's called parody and it's good.

Well, it's actually called "parity"... But I agree with your premise. ;)

pooh
05-04-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, it's actually called "parity"... But I agree with your premise. ;)

Thanks Spurminator. I thought about correcting the post, but nah. But it is true..."Parity" is good for sports. I think the NFL is the better franchise right now in stabilty and such, not the NBA.

Spurminator
05-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I think another thing that make football so viable is that there is enough broad national appeal that it is not as dependant on stars or large markets for success. For example Cincinnati and Jacksonville could play in the Super Bowl and they would still draw huge ratings, whereas that would be painful for Baseball or Basketball.

vincerodriguez23
05-04-2005, 05:51 PM
Stern is a prick, he wants to raise the age limit to play in the NBA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 05:57 PM
In the NFL the commisioner destroyed his marquee franchise.

How the hell can you say that? It's not his fault Joe Montana got old. Then Troy Aikman. He's the commissioner, not some kind of voodoo magician.

Back to Stern...

His refs are out of control, and he is a big market, big money whore. The NFL got proactive when their refs fucked up playoff games. Stern throws the book at coaches, hints at lifetime fans, etc.

Plus, he keeps the black man down. [/dumbass jermaine o'neal]

TwoHandJam
05-04-2005, 07:10 PM
The NFL is by far the best run league in sports. The playing field is incredibly level due to the cap and contract structures. You most certainly can have a dynasty in the NFL too. The big difference between the NFL and NBA is the quality of the officiating. NFL officiating is far, far better.

Of course basketball is inherently more difficult to ref but what we have now most definitely can be improved. Stern just doesn't want to because it hasn't hurt the viewership -and hence profits -enough yet. The league is a business and sadly Stern cares for nothing but cash flow. I think he could care less about improving the game as opposed to just changing things that improve the bottom line.

To me, that is the main reason the NBA is a trailing second to the NFL in ranking the leagues in pro sports.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-04-2005, 07:21 PM
To me, that is the main reason the NBA is a trailing second to the NBA in ranking the leagues in pro sports.Couldn't have said it better myself :lol :lol :lol :lol

ShoogarBear
05-04-2005, 08:42 PM

Not cool. C'mon, Jim.

TwoHandJam
05-05-2005, 10:37 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself :lol :lol :lol :lol
:oops hehehe

corrected.

T Park
05-05-2005, 10:42 AM
agreed.

If the NBA would improve their refereeing.

That would be the only beef I would have with the league.

They dont just blow calls, they blow easy RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM calls.

Thats what pisses people off. That, and NOT being consistent.

tlongII
05-05-2005, 11:05 AM

Stern is the slickest commissioner among all the major leagues, but the NFL is by far the best run pro sports league in the world. It's not even close.

Phenomanul
05-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Great post.

Everything except the racial slur....

tlongII
05-05-2005, 02:11 PM

Jewish people are not a "race", therefore there was no racial slur.

Jimcs50
05-05-2005, 02:12 PM

That is not a racial slur.

They are called Jews.....look it up in the Bible.

Now did I stereotype? Yes I did...but it is true...some stereotypes are true, that is one of them.

BronxCowboy
05-05-2005, 02:24 PM
The slur was not the term Jewish, the slur was the fact that you equated being Jewish with being greedy. That kind of prejudice is childish, ignorant, and distasteful at the least. As for your claim of stereotypes being true, let me just say that the more racist someone is, the less able they are to recognize their own racism. They always use your exact excuse: "It's not racist because it's true." That just shows how deep seated your prejudice really is and how you expect it to be accepted by everyone else.

MadDog73
05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes, just like "white men can't jump."

Funny, Euros jump fine. Maybe it's our own perceptions that limit our abilities?

As for being greedy, I'm Irish, and I'm pretty greedy. I'll take any money I can get! I also drink. But my father is NOT greedy, and doesn't even drink beer.

For what it's worth...

Jimcs50
05-05-2005, 08:46 PM
The slur was not the term Jewish, the slur was the fact that you equated being Jewish with being greedy. That kind of prejudice is childish, ignorant, and distasteful at the least. As for your claim of stereotypes being true, let me just say that the more racist someone is, the less able they are to recognize their own racism. They always use your exact excuse: "It's not racist because it's true." That just shows how deep seated your prejudice really is and how you expect it to be accepted by everyone else.

I am the least prejudiced person that I know. It is a fact that Jewish lawyers are driven by money. In fact 90% of all lawyers are greedy bastards.

Call it what you will, but Stern is driven by money.