PDA

View Full Version : "Would you want Manu on your team next season?"

lefty
04-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Found this thread in Clublakers.com forum:

http://www.clublakers.com/nba-discussion/would-you-want-manu-your-team-next-season-t120679.html

Velo
04-03-2010, 02:58 PM
No I would not Manu in a spurs Uni. He does NOT know how to play basketball.

tdunk21
04-03-2010, 03:00 PM
fuckin laker fans.......

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 03:01 PM
If Ginobili went to the lakers I just might kill myself.

FeZZy
04-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Someone sign up on there and tell them HELL NO!

tdunk21
04-03-2010, 03:05 PM
fuckin laker fans want to sign manu for MLE...i think manu deserves more money than pau does.....

jestersmash
04-03-2010, 03:09 PM
It would destroy me inside to think that Ginobili on the Lakers would almost cement them with 1 or 2 more championships over the next 3 or 4 years.

Ginobili running pick and rolls with Pao while Kobe gets a rest. Jesus christ no please. No.

If Ginobili has to be go to another team, I pray it's not the god damned Fakers, I don't want to give them shit.

BillMc
04-03-2010, 03:14 PM
It would destroy me inside to think that Ginobili on the Lakers would almost cement them with 1 or 2 more championships over the next 3 or 4 years.

Ginobili running pick and rolls with Pao while Kobe gets a rest. Jesus christ no please. No.

If Ginobili has to be go to another team, I pray it's not the god damned Fakers, I don't want to give them shit.

Too bad Kobe didn't take slightly less money in order to help get Manu there.

If I had to bet on the field or the Spurs in getting Manu back, I would take the Spurs marginally.

If we do get the Lakers and we do lose to them, the decision to rebuild or keep putting up money depend on how we go out. A 6 or 7 game series of close games against the eventual champions is not too bad of first round exit. A sweep where we're not competitive and this club gets broken up.

NFGIII
04-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Like Duh? Who wouldn't. Question is will the Spurs give him an extension, which seems unlikey by now, offer him the right amount of $$ he can live with or will he walk for a higher contract since this most likely will be his last contract. The way he plays I really can't see him playing 4 or more years from now.

This is a tough call for the Spurs. They will be competing for his services since he wont be extended IMHO. The way he is playing some team(s) out there is going to throw some big numbers at him in a 3 year deal - give or take. But I really don't think he would take any contract from a non-contender considering how competitive his is. Maybe in the range of 8 - 10 mil per year. If so how would that impact the Spurs flexibility (cap space) to get other players? Does Tiago come over and for how much? Many questions to be answered come this off season.

I want the Spurs to re-sign him since he really is the heart and soul of this team. If Manu walks and the Spurs can't get a superstar like caliber player to replace him (yeah, like that's going to be easy since there are so many like him out there!) it will be diificult to compete for a ring the following season.

As for now much speculation with little concrete info. A wait and see situation.

I fully expect/hope Manu to be here next season but that's just my gut feeling and means nothing. As stated previously this will be his last contract so Manu has to make that hard decision between loyalty to the Spurs and what is best him and his family. Hopefully the Spurs can satisfy both concerns without taking on to much financial restraint.

TIMMYD!
04-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I probably would cry if he went to the Lakers. (no homo)

anonoftheinternets
04-03-2010, 04:04 PM
realistically he might end up going to NY for a lot of money ... esp if lebron/wade sweeptstakes fall through ... spurs will find it tough to sign him. He has taken less money a couple of times already. Hope he resigns because of the twins, and not wanting to move. Thats the only chance.

Dex
04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
At least most of them were able to come up with the right answer.

"Who wouldn't want Manu on their team?"

Shit, I'd want Manu on my team even if I was playing Boggle.

spursfaninla
04-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Insightful observation can be gleaned from the tons of meathead laker circle-jerk comments about how great the lakers would be with manu as PG.

Most of the winning teams are over the cap. They can't offer manu more than the MLE anyway. Manu would probably not pull a Hedo move and take $ to go to a loser.

So, maybe it is true that the Spurs probably have to choose between Manu and Splitter for the MLE. SHIT. That means we dump splitter, or take him as a consolation prize if something goes HORRIBLY wrong and they bust up the club. Either way, I don't see how taking Manu with the MLE is not smart, since that is a good contract and he is very marketable then for picks.

rayray2k8
04-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Just thinking about what Manu would look like in a Laker jersey makes me sick to my stomach.. Anybody got the stomach to photoshop him in purple? :vomit:

E-RockWill
04-03-2010, 04:38 PM
At least most of them were able to come up with the right answer.

"Who wouldn't want Manu on their team?"

:lmao:lmao

Ryvin1
04-03-2010, 05:23 PM

that is awesome... nice one

kuato
04-03-2010, 06:34 PM

Don't forget that Pau speaks spanish and kobe a little spanish and italian, Manu will be like in home.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 06:55 PM
I would openly weep if Manu became a laker.

Cherry
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Just thinking about what Manu would look like in a Laker jersey makes me sick to my stomach.. Anybody got the stomach to photoshop him in purple? :vomit:

No.

But i found this:

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2364/manulaker.jpg

Spursfan092120
04-03-2010, 09:58 PM
:vomit:

lefty
04-03-2010, 10:34 PM
No.

But i found this:

Am I the only one to think that jersey looks very cool ?

I feel dirty :(

LoneStarState'sPride
04-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I feel dirty :(

You should be very ashamed of yourself.

Manu's road jersey beats the shit out of this piss-yellow crap.

duhoh
04-04-2010, 01:48 AM
i wouldn't mind him going to HOU to go hang w/ scola

lefty
04-04-2010, 01:59 AM
i wouldn't mind him going to HOU to go hang w/ scola
That'S what R.C is thinking

spurs10
04-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Anyone in their right mind would want Manu on their team. I, in reality, probably won't commit suicide if he signs with the Lakers, but I will probably have to be committed to a mental hospital.

lefty
04-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Anyone in their right mind would want Manu on their team. I, in reality, probably won't commit suicide if he signs with the Lakers, but I will probably have to be committed to a mental hospital.
It's called the Staples Center

WildcardManu
04-04-2010, 01:26 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

duhoh
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM

ba zing!

Velo
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't wish laker purple and gold on my worst enemy. Ironically, Karl Malone STILL became a laker.

BackHome
04-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Manu ain't going anywhere.....

TheSullyMonster
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Don't forget that Pau speaks spanish and kobe a little spanish and italian, Manu will be like in home.

Right, because nobody in San Antonio speaks Spanish either.:lol

kuato
04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Right, because nobody in San Antonio speaks Spanish either.:lol

On the court ? , there were Bonner and Fabricio but right now ... nope.