PDA

View Full Version : Massive, luminous balls of plasma vs. Male deer

Xylus
04-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Suns @ Bucks

Both teams on a back-to-back, both teams have played 4 games in 5 nights, and 5 games in 7 nights. No excuses for either team.

Let's get it on!

lurker
04-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Both teams on a back-to-back, both teams have played 4 games in 5 nights, and 5 games in 7 nights. No excuses for either team.I wish that would happen more often. I hate back to backs where one of the teams had the day before off.

Xylus
04-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I wish that would happen more often. I hate back to backs where one of the teams had the day before off.

I haven't looked it up yet, but if I had to guess, the rested team will win 95% of the time. That's assuming the two teams are pretty equally matched.

Goran Dragic
04-03-2010, 05:27 PM
The Bucks game going into OT helped them out today. The John Hollinger playoff simulator just told me the Suns are winning a championship so they're gonna win tonight.

Fpoonsie
04-03-2010, 05:27 PM
I wish that would happen more often. I hate back to backs where one of the teams had the day before off.

A team w/ a days rest is one thing. A team with 3 days rest playing a team at home the day after playing a legit team on the road is a monumental fuck-up on the NBA's part.

Goran Dragic
04-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Suns getting bukkaked on by Bogut.

Bob Lanier
04-03-2010, 08:28 PM
:lol, Western Conference meets reality.

Goran Dragic
04-03-2010, 08:30 PM
:lol, Western Conference meets reality.

:lmao Singapore

mogrovejo
04-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Season ending injury for Bogut? Career ending?

Hopefully it was just a dislocation with no ligaments affected. Horrible to see, that shit was graphic.

Goran Dragic
04-03-2010, 08:35 PM

Hopefully it was just a dislocation with no ligaments affected. Horrible to see, that shit was graphic.

I'm on LP broadband so I have to switch back and forth, what happened?

Ghazi
04-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Whose guarding Amare effectively?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM

It won't be career-ending, but might end his season. Such a sad way to go out, and so simple - his fingers slipped, and with all that momentum it was game over. He's lucky he didn't break his neck. Terrible. :depressed

Watch Irsan Ilyasova now. He's stepped up big time in a number of games Bogut has been out with either injuries or foul trouble. He just looks like a skinny nobody, but the guy plays great fundamental 'ball.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Whose guarding Amare effectively?

It was a combination of Moute, Bogut and Ilyasova.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Pity the call isn't the Bucks guys - they're great. These Suns guys are massive homers.

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I have the Bucks call, their announcers are absolutely heart broken right now..sad to see..

I was enjoying the Bucks' run in the 2nd half, especially Bogut since I'm a big fan of post players..this is brutal..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Is there a big man who plays less D than Amare???

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I have the Bucks call, their announcers are absolutely heart broken right now..sad to see..

I was enjoying the Bucks' run in the 2nd half, especially Bogut since I'm a big fan of post players..this is brutal..

Yeah, the Bucks are first round fodder without the big Aussie. :depressed

They'll fight to the end though, and their small lineups are surprisingly effective.

Fpoonsie
04-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Does Amare hafta pose after EVERY dunk...?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Guys like Ilyasova, Delfino and Ridnour are under-rated. They just go out there and play really smart basketball and get the job done.

BTW, I don't think Stat had anything to do with Bogut's injury. It was just sweaty fingers and too much angular momentum.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Moral of the story - big men, if you are running the floor at full speed, DO NOT hang on the rim after your dunk.

Will Hunting
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Is there a big man who plays less D than Amare???

Is there a guy on Spurstalk who takes it up the ass as much as you do?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Can you believe KRIS HUMPHRIES had 10/12 with 5 blks and 4 stls today!? Holy shit! Did you see this, BTW:

_LjpGLkSsKM

mogrovejo
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
It won't be career-ending, but might end his season. Such a sad way to go out, and so simple - his fingers slipped, and with all that momentum it was game over. He's lucky he didn't break his neck. Terrible. :depressed

Watch Irsan Ilyasova now. He's stepped up big time in a number of games Bogut has been out with either injuries or foul trouble. He just looks like a skinny nobody, but the guy plays great fundamental 'ball.

Yeah, I know Ilyasova pretty well, he was neighbour of mine for awhile, but even though he's a fanstastic role-player who stretches the floor and plays with energy he's no Bogut and won't replace Bogut.

mogrovejo
04-03-2010, 09:05 PM
No broken bones; let's see how the ligaments are.

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Nash is complete garbage out there. 5 turnovers in 21 minutes?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Meanwhile he's letting brandon Jennings shoot 46%. I'm pretty sure Jennings has had layup drills where he didn't shoot 46%.

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
JRich is depressed that Michigan St. lost today. 0 points in 20 minutes. This game is fucking ridiculous.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I know Ilyasova pretty well, he was neighbour of mine for awhile, but even though he's a fanstastic role-player who stretches the floor and plays with energy he's no Bogut and won't replace Bogut.

Of course not, but he makes their smallball lineups work. Is he a nice guy off the court?

I think Ilyasova is exactly the kind of guy the Spurs need for the Bonner role. He can make jumpers, but is a much better defender and rebounder than Bonner will ever be.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh well I didn't expect a win, yeah the Bucks were also playing their 4th in 5 nights but the Suns have been terrible off B2B's all year because of Nash and Hill.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Dragic and co. get the lead down to 12 or so, Gentry puts Nash back in the game and the lead balloons back up to 20. Write it down, take a picture.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Nash is complete garbage out there. 5 turnovers in 21 minutes?

4th game in 5 days, including that Chicago game where he singlehandedly lifted the team to the win in the 4th Q... the guy is probably tired! :lol

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Dragic and co. get the lead down to 12 or so, Gentry puts Nash back in the game and the lead balloons back up to 20. Write it down, take a picture.

:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I really hope Bogut only misses a week or something and is ready to go for the playoffs... but I doubt it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:18 PM
I thought Clark was with the DL team?

BTW, Suns fans, will Clark play more next year? Will he eventually start when Hill retires? What is your read on him?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:18 PM
lol @ the premature ejaculation talk that the Suns were a contender.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
I thought Clark was with the DL team?

BTW, Suns fans, will Clark play more next year? Will he eventually start when Hill retires? What is your read on him?

He should play more but doesn't. He'll play more next year, for some reason people talk about Grant Hill like he's been good this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
:lmao Barbosa

mogrovejo
04-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Of course not, but he makes their smallball lineups work. Is he a nice guy off the court?

I think Ilyasova is exactly the kind of guy the Spurs need for the Bonner role. He can make jumpers, but is a much better defender and rebounder than Bonner will ever be.

Can't tell, never talked to him. Always seemed a very quiet guy. His wife is American and had one of those ridiculous small dogs.

I think the Spurs priority should be a different kind of big - Tyrus Thomas, Amir Johnson - but yeah, Ilyasova would be the perfect stretch-forward for pretty much every team in the NBA.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Can't tell, never talked to him. Always seemed a very quiet guy. His wife is American and had one of those ridiculous small dogs.

I think the Spurs priority should be a different kind of big - Tyrus Thomas, Amir Johnson - but yeah, Ilyasova would be the perfect stretch-forward for pretty much every team in the NBA.

Ihate those fucking yapping little cat-imitators.

Sure, we need an athletic, defensive big as first priority, but yeah, Ilyasova is a vastly underrated stretch 4. :tu

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:27 PM

You're about to look like a genius.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Clark has put on at least 20lbs. He looks good out there. Even at centre on defence he looks comfortable.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:29 PM
You're about to look like a genius.

Just making the predictions I'm supposed to make. No surprises here.

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I think Gentry's just gonna leave the bench out there. Nash, JRich, and Stoudemire just don't have it tonight.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Nah, Nash will come back. Maybe the others might sit though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I think Gentry's just gonna leave the bench out there. Nash, JRich, and Stoudemire just don't have it tonight.

That's hasn't stopped Gentry in the past.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:32 PM
Barbosa is such a court cancer.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Huh Xylus, that Earl Clark guy isn't bad.

peteee
04-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Suns @ Bucks

Both teams on a back-to-back, both teams have played 4 games in 5 nights, and 5 games in 7 nights. No excuses for either team.

Let's get it on!
The Mavs are being curbstomped by the Thunder, not the team you're a fan of you illiterate dummy faggot.

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:36 PM
The Mavs are being curbstomped by the Thunder, not the team you're a fan of you illiterate dummy faggot.

Who are you

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Barbosa has never been able to create his own shot his entire career, I wonder what little retard cell in his brain gave him the idea he could do it there.

EDIT: Are you too dumb to count Tardbosa, there's this thing known as a shot clock.

peteee
04-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Who are you
ask your mom, you son of a oinking sow.

Xylus
04-03-2010, 09:39 PM

And what the hell are you talking about?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Huh Xylus, that Earl Clark guy isn't bad.

You mean your first round pick last year? :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Manu move by Tragic there...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Scott Williams did a great job ruining that shot by calling him soarin' Goran Dragic.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
:lmao at Barbosa

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Manu move by Tragic there...

You really have no idea what the fuck you're talking about the way you seem to think Nash does everything for the Suns and that Dragic sucks.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:45 PM
You really have no idea what the fuck you're talking about the way you seem to think Nash does everything for the Suns and that Dragic sucks.

Calm down. Dragic is clearly a decent NBA player, he's shown that this season, I wasn't being serious. I just like his nickname around here.

But I do know what I'm talking about - that was a Manu move, although Manu probably would've gone right hand around his back to his left.

mogrovejo
04-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Kurt Thomas is still pretty good. Amazing what fundamentals and BBIQ can make for you.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Suns actually have some nice youth coming through with Tragic, Clark, the lesser Lopez, Dudley and Frye finally finding their NBA games this year. The question is, what happens to Stat? And if he goes, who would you like to replace him with?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Calm down. Dragic is clearly a decent NBA player, he's shown that this season, I wasn't being serious. I just like his nickname around here.

But I do know what I'm talking about - that was a Manu move, although Manu probably would've gone right hand around his back to his left.

The Tragic nickname and your previous Nash comment was what I was talking about. Prior to the final 4 minutes Nash's play had been an abortion in that Chicago game, he was getting completely outplayed by Rose.

And that's not a move created by Manu or anything, tons of players have used it. Ed Norton made the exact same move in a prison pick up game during the movie American History X, I guess it was Manu who stole the move from Ed Norton.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
Kurt Thomas is still pretty good. Amazing what fundamentals and BBIQ can make for you.

Don't make me cry, the Suns traded him AND 2 first round picks for nothing when he had plenty left.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:52 PM
The Tragic nickname and your previous Nash comment was what I was talking about. Prior to the final 4 minutes Nash's play had been an abortion in that Chicago game, he was getting completely outplayed by Rose.

And that's not a move created by Manu or anything, tons of players have used it. Ed Norton made the exact same move in a prison pick up game during the movie American History X, I guess it was Manu who stole the move from Ed Norton.

Oh lord, really? Yes, Nash had a poor game until the end in Chicago, but he still lifted the team to victory at the end with an incredible effort.

Of course the move wasn't created by Manu, but he has used it a lot over the last 8 years. How many times has Tragic used it?

Fark, why so angry? Who fucked your mother last night?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
Suns lose game, Bucks probably lose season. Bummer. :depressed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh lord, really? Yes, Nash had a poor game until the end in Chicago, but he still lifted the team to victory at the end with an incredible effort.

Of course the move wasn't created by Manu, but he has used it a lot over the last 8 years. How many times has Tragic used it?

Fark, why so angry? Who fucked your mother last night?

He wouldn't have needed to lift the team to victory if he didn't set them up for defeat so nicely. The same thing happens in the playoffs and against good teams, the difference is they're good enough to stop Nash from going nuts.

And Dragic has used the move plenty of times. It's a simpe behind the back move, Spurfan seems to think it's Manu's move.

And if I sound pissed it's because I'm tired of people who haven't watched the Suns since they were a contender talking about them like Nash still does everything.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Suns actually have some nice youth coming through with Tragic, Clark, the lesser Lopez, Dudley and Frye finally finding their NBA games this year. The question is, what happens to Stat? And if he goes, who would you like to replace him with?

And if I sound pissed it's because I'm tired of people who haven't watched the Suns since they were a contender talking about them like Nash still does everything.

Kamnik
04-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I watched the game with a couple of friends...

-I feel sorry for Bucks fans and Bogut... his/their season is sealed; that was painfull to see

-Barbossa should be cut, this guy is a waste of air

-Gentry is freaking retarded, if he would put Amare back in for 5 minutes in the 4th quarter Suns could win this game

-Dragic>Nash... Nash is overrated because he always plays when Amare plays while Dragic usually has to play with lesser players who can't finish; not to mention Nash's super defensive play

-Amare will sign elsewhere if he is smart, this whole Suns organisation is flawed

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 10:41 PM
I watched the game with a couple of friends...

-I feel sorry for Bucks fans and Bogut... his/their season is sealed; that was painfull to see

-Barbossa should be cut, this guy is a waste of air

-Gentry is freaking retarded, if he would put Amare back in for 5 minutes in the 4th quarter Suns could win this game

-Dragic>Nash... Nash is overrated because he always plays when Amare plays while Dragic usually has to play with lesser players who can't finish; not to mention Nash's super defensive play

-Amare will sign elsewhere if he is smart, this whole Suns organisation is flawed

:tu

Amare is by far the best player on the team, the PG who plays with him is going to look a lot better. And yeah barbosa sucks, but some dumb motherfuckers on here circle jerk to his "PER" and love him because he's an innocent little retard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Btw it's time for everyone to stop being so in love with Lou Amundson. Maybe he works hard on defense but he's got some of the worst defensive fundamentals I've ever seen. Always out of position, flies in the air on every pump fake regardless of who's pump faking him, meanwhile he's a gigantic liability on offense. Maybe it's just me getting tired of players with a really low basketball IQ but he and Barbosa are particularily stupid.

Jeremy
04-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Gentry should have brought the starters back in when it was down to 10, but I knew he wouldn't. Coaches are always too stubborn to do that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Gentry should have brought the starters back in when it was down to 10, but I knew he wouldn't. Coaches are always too stubborn to do that.

He should have brought Amare back in, he was smart to leave Dragic in.

Jeremy
04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Jason Richardson's back spasms could become a big problem, if this keeps up. He scored ZERO points tonight.

Jeremy
04-03-2010, 11:02 PM
BTW, I still don't understand how someone can get a flagrant foul without even touching the player.

pauls931
04-04-2010, 08:22 AM
I think the suns took a night off. Sure they didn't want to, but I'm sure they're thinking on the road with a B2B they need to get the first game and after getting that, settle for a split. Wish they got the win because the last think I want is them to somehow end up without homecourt agains the Jazz.

da_suns_fan
04-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Bucks fans wanted Amare tossed but im not even sure Amare made contact.

The Barbosa hate in this thread is disgusting. Dude just came back from surgery and hasnt played well.

Muser
04-04-2010, 10:17 AM
Kinda harsh that Amare got a tech, from the angle I saw he didn't touch him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-04-2010, 03:26 PM
The Barbosa hate in this thread is disgusting. Dude just came back from surgery and hasnt played well.

Always making excuses for the little retard.

dirk4mvp
04-04-2010, 03:28 PM
lol Manu move

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Barbosa came back from minor wrist surgery over 2 weeks ago, that bullshit excuse is out the window. Wrist surgery has nothing to do with his frontal lobe damage decision making.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-04-2010, 03:29 PM
lol Manu move

It's the Ed Norton move.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 06:53 AM

This is about the 100th time Manu's done it, and a pretty nice one too:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150418

It's Manu's move right now. Sure, it's eternal, but he has owned it like no-one else in the last 7 years.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
This is about the 100th time Manu's done it, and a pretty nice one too:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150418

It's Manu's move right now. Sure, it's eternal, but he has owned it like no-one else in the last 7 years.

He stole it from Ed Norton. Some Australian douche who thinks the NBA revolves around the Spurs is gonna think a simple behind the back move is "Manu's move" and something that he coined, so this really doesn't surprise me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-07-2010, 10:33 AM
9lU5Qa4aYSA At the :38 mark

He also uses the same move during a pickup game while in prison. This movie came out in 1998, obviously, Manu stole this move from Ed Norton's character Derrick Vinyard.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
It's Manu's move right now.

Can't you read? All I'm saying is that if you had to identify the behind the back with any current NBA player it would be Manu. Capiche? Or do I need to explain it to you again?

He stole it from Ed Norton. Some Australian douche who thinks the NBA revolves around the Spurs is gonna think a simple behind the back move is "Manu's move" and something that he coined, so this really doesn't surprise me.

I never said Manu invented the move. And I'm pretty sure it was invented long before Ed Norton did it in American History X... say, maybe, back in the '50s or '60s. :rolleyes

:lmao that you think it was invented in the movie, or that Manu stole it from the movie. He'd been playing basketball a long time before the movie came out. Hell, Bird loved to do it back in the 80s. You think the world revolves around Hollywood movies? :lmao

Dumbass.

Oh, and do you have to bring nations into it? I don't call you an "American Dumbass", now do I, even though you are.