PDA

View Full Version : Most disappointing team this season?

BUMP
04-03-2010, 05:07 PM
In your opinion which team has been the most dissapointing this year?

For me, its an easy one. The Pistons just stick out like a sore thumb. They're 30 games below .500 and when I look at the roster i don't see how.

You have Hamilton and Prince, all-star caliber players with Finals experience, Ben Gordon a guy who can average 18 ppg, and Charlie Villanueva who can be a borderline all star player who is versatile. Along with Stuckey who has great potential. then guys like Maxiell, Wallace, and Brown who can hold it down inside. What has happened to this team? If it wasn't for the Nets they'd be the worst in the East.

As far as biggest surprise i'd go with the Thunder considering they started like 3-30 last year.

Ghazi
04-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Spurs :D

D-Wade #3
04-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Spurs :D

no surprises here, Dickie J just didn't live up to the hype

BUMP
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I'd actually put the Spurs at #2, simply for the fact that they have beaten a lot of elite teams this season, but are only sitting in 8th. They are very inconsistent

JamStone
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Pistons are horribly disappointing. Not that it's an excuse, but I think the injuries earlier on in the season obviously hurt and then it snowballed later in the season even after they returned. Hamilton 29 games missed, BG 19 games missed, Prince 32 games missed. But even after they returned, the team sucked, never built any chemistry or cohesion. Plus now they're just tanking games to help their lottery chances. I can definitely see how they'd be a team you could look at, because look at a team like the Blazers who have had plenty of injuries and play in a tougher conference and they were still able to keep afloat and win games.

I think New Orleans are probably another team that has been pretty disappointing based on expectation. I think a lot of people expected the Washington Wizards to actually be good this year getting a healthy Arenas back, but even before his legal troubles, that team was dreadful.

D-Wade #3
04-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Spurs and Boston. Spurs win the award though.

But Boston is disappointing in a funny way, theyy add Sheed who gives them absolutely nothing, Nate Robinson who should have an impact, and doesn't, and an aging K "Anything is possibleeeeeeeeeeeee" G

The spurs are just sad and depressing :lol

tlongII
04-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Probably the Lakers. They haven't been nearly as good as they were hyped to be.

baseline bum
04-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Boston by a mile. They were hyped to be LA's equal, but they'll be lucky to even survive a round in the eastern conference.

cobbler
04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/celts.jpg

BanditHiro
04-03-2010, 05:48 PM
The same can be said for the Spurs. Remember how everyone touted them as having the best off season of any team. The Spurs are just sad and some players should give back money.

how are they just as sad? more people right now feel the spurs can at least win a first round playoff series if their opponent is not the lakers, than the celtics could and they play in the eastern conference.

not saying the spurs have not been disappointing but celtics are in a free fall right now.

Findog
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I'd actually put the Spurs at #2, simply for the fact that they have beaten a lot of elite teams this season, but are only sitting in 8th. They are very inconsistent

They're something like 20-23 against + .500 teams.

vander
04-03-2010, 06:00 PM
yeah, Spurs, this should be obvious to anyone. Houston also very disappointing, but they had a roster shakeup and are still without Yao

jag
04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
When you say more people, are you referring to the ass hat Spur fans on this site? I'll tell you what, the top 4 seeds in the West are begging for a 1st round with the Spurs, especially Utah, Lakers, and Mavs.

I agree.

DPG21920
04-03-2010, 06:38 PM

Now you are just being intellectually dishonest. He was referring to now, since they have been playing much, much better. What is their record during this death stretch against elite teams?

Muser
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Not really disappointed in the Pistons, Prince is one of the most overrated defenders in the league IMO ever since he stuffed Reggie's shit. Plus they have no depth with their big men, Ben Wallace can't play heavy minutes every game and then you just have 2 big sacks of shit backing him up (Kwame/Wilcox)

Muser
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
As for the question i'd go with Washington.

mavsfan1000
04-03-2010, 06:44 PM
The Mavs

BlackSwordsMan
04-03-2010, 06:58 PM
spurs, imagine how much more shitty they would be with rasheed

Ghazi
04-03-2010, 06:59 PM
The Mavs

Yeah, no.

badfish22
04-03-2010, 07:04 PM
whose worse Mavsfan1000 or amarelooms?

BlackSwordsMan
04-03-2010, 07:04 PM
every mavs fan

Ghazi
04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
bullsfan1000 is solidifying his spot in my next youtube vid.

Gary Neville
04-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Miami Heat have to procure this disappointing title I'm afraid. Before the season started, we all expected the aspirant boys in red to challenge the Cavs and Celtics with the return of Dwayne Wade in full health, but it turned out sheer different than expectations as the season came in railway. It still feels a bit bitter when considering the changes happened to this team that transformed the 06 world champions into an 8 seed contender wresting the last flight to playoffs against the range of teams like Bobcats.

Stringer_Bell
04-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Orlando Magic. So much depth, so little brains.

BUMP
04-03-2010, 07:30 PM

i was just saying that they have quality wins over elite teams this year, meaning that they have the potential to be way better than they are. I think they've beaten all the elites atleast once this year with the exception of cleveland

HarlemHeat37
04-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Orlando Magic. So much depth, so little brains.

Wait, what more did you want from them?..they have the 3rd best record in the NBA..

i was just saying that they have quality wins over elite teams this year, meaning that they have the potential to be way better than they are. I think they've beaten all the elites atleast once this year with the exception of cleveland

Spurs did beat Cleveland..

timtonymanu
04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I dont think Pistons were a surprise. They did do worse than I expected, but after the whole AI situation the Pistons look broke.

Disappointing:

Spurs - although they're looking much better lately.
Hornets - I thought they would still be playoff-caliber.

Celtics - You'd think they would bounce back after getting eliminated by the Magic last year. But they have had bad losses like the Spurs.

alchemist
04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Now you are just being intellectually dishonest. He was referring to now, since they have been playing much, much better. What is their record during this death stretch against elite teams?
pwned :toast

Boston Pancake
04-03-2010, 07:54 PM
http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq115/cobblerphoto/celts.jpg

Yeah and those two fucksticks went 131-92 all over your fudgepacking LA asses. :lmao

Stringer_Bell
04-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Wait, what more did you want from them?..they have the 3rd best record in the NBA..

THE best record in the NBA, at least. You can't say the Cavs are as talented or the Lakers are as deep...talent + depth = win, except if you're Orlando this season.

ezau
04-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Mavs. Adding Butler and Haywood didn't really put them over the top. The Mavs don't have any business playing in the WCF

Goran Dragic
04-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Mavs. Adding Butler and Haywood didn't really put them over the top. There is no indication that they have what it takes in the WCF.

The heading "Drive for Five" in and of itself shows how disappointing the Spurs have been.

Biggems
04-03-2010, 08:25 PM
1. San Antonio - Jefferson has disappointed, Parker has been injured, Mason has been non-existent, Manu struggled the first half of the season, Finley leaving has impacted the team in a positive way

2. Boston - they look old and tired, KG is hurting, Sheed is making little impact, since getting Finley, they are nothing more than a .500 ball club and struggle at home.

3. Portland - all the preseason promise and they are barely the 8th seed. Oden is hurt yet again, they traded for Camby and he has done little to improve their positioning.

IMHO, all 3 will be first round fodder this season, though if the Spurs can somehow get the Nuggets in the 1st round, they may be able to advance before getting eliminated in the 2nd.

ezau
04-03-2010, 08:27 PM
The heading "Drive for Five" in and of itself shows how disappointing the Spurs have been.

Suns should have "drive for one", but they're still 0 and 41 :lol

cobbler
04-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah and those two fucksticks went 131-92 all over your fudgepacking LA asses. :lmao

Congratulations on your hindsight title. BTW, It's 2010!

Celts... One and done and off to another 20 years of irrelevance! :toast

Goran Dragic
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Suns should have "drive for one", but they're still 0 and 41 :lol

Funny thing is that had nothing to do with my comment (or the thread), just goes to show you have nothing to backup your point.

Boston Pancake
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Congratulations on your hindsight title. BTW, It's 2010!

Celts... One and done and off to another 20 years of irrelevance! :toast

:lmao the best part of 131-92 is that they were beating LA's faggot asses so bad that the team actually had time to dump Doc Rivers with the Gatorade bucket! That shit only happens in football! :lmao :lmao :lmao

cobbler
04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
:lmao the best part of 131-92 is that they were beating LA's faggot asses so bad that the team actually had time to dump Doc Rivers with the Gatorade bucket! That shit only happens in football! :lmao :lmao :lmao

Again... congrats on your one and done title. You all will have plenty of time this year as well as you watch teams advance and KG and Pierce cry to the media as they are curbstomped out of the first round while our boys contend for the repeat. How did your repeat turn out?

Love how KG and Sheed were talking smack all off season and guaranteeing the next two titles only to find them crying and looking like sad sacks in post game interviews down the stretch. :lmao

Donkeybong
04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
celtics and bulls

mavsfan1000
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, no.
We add Marion, Butler, and Haywood and still we suck. Yes we are the biggest disappointment.

Boston Pancake
04-03-2010, 10:14 PM
How did your repeat turn out?

About as well as yours is about to :lmao Doc Rivers beat ass so bad he got a Gatorade bath while Phil Jackson sat on the sidelines wondering why Michael wasn't there to save him! :lmao

mavsfan1000
04-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Not like this is new news but Dirk is not a superstar.

D-Wade #3
04-03-2010, 10:16 PM
We add Marion, Butler, and Haywood and still we suck. Yes we are the biggest disappointment.

:lmao

D-Wade #3
04-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Not like this is new news but Dirk is not a superstar.

He's a half a star

Ghazi
04-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Tied for 2nd in the West. Yeah... "suck"

and Dirk is not a superstar? Okay, youre not a Mavs fan.

mavsfan1000
04-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Tied for 2nd in the West. Yeah... "suck"

and Dirk is not a superstar? Okay, youre not a Mavs fan.
I like Dirk as a person but he asked to do too much for this team. He is not a dominant player. He is a great robin no doubt but we need batman. Also Dirk's defense sucked tonight.

Ghazi
04-03-2010, 10:23 PM
lol, then there's only 3-4 superstars in the league

monosylab1k
04-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Dirk has superstar skills with a benchwarmer mindset.

mavsfan1000
04-03-2010, 10:25 PM
lol, then there's only 3-4 superstars in the league
In my definition yes. And they got a chance of winning a world championship. Lebron, Kobe, and Howard.

Xevious
04-04-2010, 01:00 AM
As a Spurs fan, I'd have to pick them. Saying they were going to win a title this season was a stretch, even after the offseason pickups. But I though it would put them back in contention at least. Parker has been hobbled, RJ sucked, Ginobili took a long time to get into rhythm, and Duncan was run ragged carrying this team for the first half. Then you have guys like Fin, Bogans, and Mason that have been invisible for long stretches on both ends, forcing the team to play 4 on 5.

If there's anything to be happy about, it's that they are finally getting some quality wins due to some ridiculous play by Ginobili, and RJ finally contributing - all with Parker out with a broken hand and Duncan going through the worst offensive drought of his career.

Detroit and New Orleans are good picks too. I knew they'd drop off, but I still expected them to make the playoffs.

sexinthatsx
04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
In my definition yes. And they got a chance of winning a world championship. Lebron, Kobe, and Howard.

You forgot Tim Duncan, and arguably Dwyane Ware in there somewhere along those lines.

Spursfan092120
04-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Unfortunately, a team that I have a lot of respect for...

http://www.nationalsportsbeat.com/images/logos/nba/Detroit_Pistons.jpg

Cry Havoc
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Regular season thread.

Findog
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Okay

badfish22
04-04-2010, 10:14 PM

You forgot Tim Duncan

lol stupid post

ploto
04-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Raptors :depressed

mogrovejo
04-04-2010, 10:48 PM
Wizards and Bulls.

I find the Raptors, Pistons and Hornets implosions more or less predictable, especially when one factors health.

The Pistons lack a PG/distributor/playmaker and an inside scorer. Plus signed 2 selfish, defense-less scorers in Gordon and Villanueva. Charlie V. is particularly horrible with his inconsistency. A few injuries to start the season + a rookie coach who's still trying to figure out what kind of coach he wants to be=never able to solidify a rotation -> end of the road for such a flawed team, they were doomed to fall apart.

Bosh missing that last shot tonight was pretty iconic. Probably the last memory Toronto fans will keep of him. Calderon saying to Triano "they're gonna start missing shots" when Jay was trying to make the point they needed to defend the transition 3s better was truly hilarious and equally iconic.