PDA

View Full Version : Lakers rest key players?

Old School 44
04-04-2010, 08:58 AM
With the Lakers really not having much on the line for this game, do you think they will sit one or more of their key players?

They aren't catching the Cavs for best overall record. They have the number 1 seed in the West wrapped up. The only thing they really have to protect is the home court advantage if they meet Orlando in the finals, and they have a 2 game lead there.

I just think this could be one of those psychological ploys where Jackson sits a key player or plays them minimal minutes. With this strategy, if the Lakers lose, no biggee, they lose at less than full strength. The Spurs also don't gain as much compared to if they beat them at full strength.
If Lakers win, it plays in the Spurs heads, they can't even beat these guys if for example Kobe or Pau sit.

Spursfan092120
04-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Not happening, imo...Lakers want this game. They don't want to go into the playoffs, possibly against us in the first round, after we beat them near the end of the season.

jiggy_55
04-04-2010, 09:15 AM
Not happening, imo...Lakers want this game. They don't want to go into the playoffs, possibly against us in the first round, after we beat them near the end of the season.

I think they'd rather lose and not face us at all in the 1st round lol :p.
A loss today would more than likely put us in 8th going into the playoffs, a win today would likely keep us out of that 8th spot unless we falter in the final few games.

pjjrfan
04-04-2010, 09:28 AM
They're not going to rest anyone, they've been in a slump and they need to get out of it, and a game like this is just what the Doctor ordered. It's just what the Doctor ordered for the Spurs also.

alchemist
04-04-2010, 09:32 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

easy7
04-04-2010, 09:49 AM
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - FDR

Flux451
04-04-2010, 09:52 AM
"the only thing we have to fear is fear itself" - churchill

-fdr

Sisk
04-04-2010, 10:09 AM
-fdr

:toast

easy7
04-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Damn..ma bad :lmao Thanks

Russ
04-04-2010, 10:27 AM
They're not going to rest anyone, they've been in a slump and they need to get out of it, and a game like this is just what the Doctor ordered. It's just what the Doctor ordered for the Spurs also.

Slump? The Lakers have a 7 game home win streak.

I think the Spurs have a good shot -- but only because they are playing well.

Old School 44
04-04-2010, 10:29 AM
I think there is more for the Spurs to gain if the Lakers play at full strength.
Even if the Spurs lose, but the game is close, I think it benefits the Spurs.
The only full strength outcome that favors the Lakers is if they blow us out.

alchemist
04-04-2010, 10:32 AM
I think there is more for the Spurs to gain if the Lakers play at full strength.
The Spurs benefit nothing from this if they lose, moral victories won't help if they have to face these guys in the first round. A win today is important, a loss is devastating (between these two).

Muser
04-04-2010, 10:34 AM
Wishfull thinking my friend.

exstatic
04-04-2010, 10:46 AM
I hear they're resting Bynum. :lol

rascal
04-04-2010, 10:48 AM
I think they'd rather lose and not face us at all in the 1st round lol :p.
A loss today would more than likely put us in 8th going into the playoffs, a win today would likely keep us out of that 8th spot unless we falter in the final few games.

lakers are not afraid of the spurs.

rascal
04-04-2010, 10:51 AM
The Spurs benefit nothing from this if they lose, moral victories won't help if they have to face these guys in the first round. A win today is important, a loss is devastating (between these two).

Win or lose this game it means nothing if they face the Lakes in the first round.

rascal
04-04-2010, 10:53 AM

This game just is not that important. Its a clean slate in the playoffs. Intensity rises and the better team (Lakers) will win regardless what happens in this game.

rascal
04-04-2010, 10:55 AM

The lakers can easily handle the spurs. Its a great matchup for them. The spurs are too small.

TIMMYD!
04-04-2010, 11:01 AM
It doesn't matter if they don't have key players, it feels as if it is impossible to beat them every time we play.

Frenzy
04-04-2010, 11:16 AM
People can analyze all they want. With the way the spurs are playing it's possible for them to beat any team.

rascal
04-04-2010, 11:17 AM
People can analyze all they want. With the way the spurs are playing it's possible for them to beat any team.

Fools gold.

urunobili
04-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I smell Spur fan fear...

nadroj117
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
You rarely see Phil Jackson pulling this kind of move. This is a move that Pop has done much more often. That is mainly a Pop mind trip with teams like the Mavs or Denver or other past inferior teams. Jackson isn't sittin anyone.

fyatuk
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
They Lakers might sit some people out this late in the season, BUT not against the Spurs. I doubt Kobe wants anyone to sit against the Spurs or Jackson wants anyone to sit against Pop.

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 02:10 PM
We're not winning this game without tony parker. Parker is our lakers killer, he's proved it time and time again.

Duncan-Gasol match up just fine. Ginobili-Kobe match up fine. Then what are you left with.

Dice/Bonner...Odom? Talk about lopsided. That's game right there.

George Hill-Fisher will be key. If Hill can be ultra aggressive like Parker would be and take advantage of Fisher, we have a chance. He's the X factor for this game.

Then there's the "K"-factor (i.e. Kobe factor) that always looms with a player like him.

The edge appears to be in the Lakers' favor at the moment. If we had Parker I'd say it would be more even.

vander
04-04-2010, 02:12 PM
We're not winning this game without tony parker. Parker is our lakers killer, he's proved it time and time again.

Duncan-Gasol match up just fine. Ginobili-Kobe match up fine. Then what are you left with.

Dice/Bonner...Odom? Talk about lopsided. That's game right there.

George Hill-Fisher will be key. If Hill can be ultra aggressive like Parker would be and take advantage of Fisher, we have a chance. He's the X factor for this game.

Then there's the "K"-factor (i.e. Kobe factor) that always looms with a player like him.

The edge appears to be in the Lakers' favor at the moment. If we had Parker I'd say it would be more even.

it wasn't TP we were without in the 08 playoffs...