PDA

View Full Version : No, no! This is the best win of the season.

timtonymanu
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Barely anyone thought we would win tonight. We won without our two PG's. A road game.

Manu and Tim! :hat

LoneStarState'sPride
04-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Agreed.

ffadicted
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I can tell you exactly.... 4 out of 56 people in the prediction contest bet on a Spurs win tonight. I've never been so happy to be wrong :D

Excellent game by Manu and Timmy, spurs peaking at exactly the right time. I've lost count of how many times I've said "best win of the season" in the past couple weeks too :lol

in2deep
04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
awesome. every game is the best win of the season. Damn!!!

what a season!!!!

Frenzy
04-04-2010, 05:10 PM
good stuff :)

Mal
04-04-2010, 05:12 PM
great game.

biziofromdowntown
04-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Spurs are back in business

Stringer_Bell
04-04-2010, 05:20 PM
LOL ABC crew making excuses for the loss saying "you don't beat teams you're supposed to beat"

The best part was them saying it's because they don't have Andrew Bynum that they lose focus and can't beat the teams they're supposed to beat. Apparently Bynum if their magic answer for why they suck. They showed the win totals w/ and w/out and it honestly looked like there was no real difference. :lmao

In the last week or so, we've beaten Boston, Orlando, LA, and Cleveland. Denver and Utah are coming up, hopefully we have TP back and chemistry remains high. WE GONNA FIGHT FOR THIS!! :ihit

silverblk mystix
04-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Uh...I believed...

SenorSpur
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Goddamn awesome victory!

I just hope it didn't come at a price (Hill).

roycrikside
04-04-2010, 05:38 PM
If you watched the game carefully, you could tell that their offense is seriously broken right now. Nobody besides Kobe and Gasol look like they want to shoot. Their guys passed up a ton of open shots. Yeah, we rotated pretty well and we were very attentive, but still, the Lakers made the right passes and had open guys on the corners or wings. Too often guys hesitated, passed up open threes and either pump faked themselves into tougher two point shots or made another pass.

The way NBA the works, for offenses to be functional guys have to take open shots, even if they're not the best players. Sure, offenses are designed for the best players to take the most shots, but still, percentage wise, it's better for a bad player to take open shots than for good players to take contested shots. If your bad players never shoot, then your good ones get more and more attention focused on them and end up taking worse and worse shots.

Not much of a mystery Kobe shooting 8-24 today. We did a good job on him, but not that good. Everyone on that bench is petrified of letting him and PJ down.

bresilhac
04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Spurs are back in business

You hit it right on the head. This Spurs team will be Hell in the PO's.

raspsa
04-04-2010, 05:56 PM
If you watched the game carefully, you could tell that their offense is seriously broken right now. Nobody besides Kobe and Gasol look like they want to shoot. Their guys passed up a ton of open shots. Yeah, we rotated pretty well and we were very attentive, but still, the Lakers made the right passes and had open guys on the corners or wings. Too often guys hesitated, passed up open threes and either pump faked themselves into tougher two point shots or made another pass.

The way NBA the works, for offenses to be functional guys have to take open shots, even if they're not the best players. Sure, offenses are designed for the best players to take the most shots, but still, percentage wise, it's better for a bad player to take open shots than for good players to take contested shots. If your bad players never shoot, then your good ones get more and more attention focused on them and end up taking worse and worse shots.

There is some truth in your comments.. Kobe is such a strong presence that perhaps the other players would rather just defer to him instead of playing aggressively and looking for their own shot.. their bench was horrible. The long minutes played by the Lakers startiung 5 may be taking a toll at this point in the season.

Not much of a mystery Kobe shooting 8-24 today. We did a good job on him, but not that good. Everyone on that bench is petrified of letting him and PJ down.

TheManFromAcme
04-04-2010, 05:59 PM
:toast

Good win Spurs. You guys deserved it. Tim and Manu were outstanding.
Even more impressive w/o Tony and Hill.

Lakers need more than a band-aid right now and I am beginning to believe they are vulnerable more than anyone thinks. Rome can possibly fall here.

Good win nonetheless guys.

Bukefal
04-04-2010, 06:02 PM
:flag: awesome win

santymrc
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM

Lakers need more than a band-aid right now and I am beginning to believe they are vulnerable more than anyone thinks. Rome can possibly fall here.

Avitus1
04-04-2010, 06:22 PM
Great gift in my Easter Basket, thanks Spurs!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2010, 06:29 PM

Spurs played better today and had awesome defensive rotations.

LOL at the talk about the Lakers being scared - this is the same team that won a title last year. Spurs wanted it more and played better D.

EricB
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
This Lakers team is back to where it was in 2008.

Vulnerable and ready to turn on Kobe if the heat gets applied just RIGHT IMO.

Hopefully manu can stay healthy this time around as well.

roycrikside
04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Spurs played better today and had awesome defensive rotations.

LOL at the talk about the Lakers being scared - this is the same team that won a title last year. Spurs wanted it more and played better D.

Of course they did. I'm not arguing that all. I'd love nothing more to see the Lakers implode. All I'm saying is the Lakers chemistry is off right now. I think they were much better last year with Ariza than Artest. And now that Bynum is hurt, they're getting zip from their bench.

Brown, Farmar, Walton, Vujacic... those guys are ghosts right now.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 06:40 PM
You hit it right on the head. This Spurs team will be Hell in the PO's.

Oh yeah, nobody wants that team in round one, LA, Utah nor Dallas (Denver as well).
Of course they did. I'm not arguing that all. I'd love nothing more to see the Lakers implode. All I'm saying is the Lakers chemistry is off right now. I think they were much better last year with Ariza than Artest. And now that Bynum is hurt, they're getting zip from their bench.

Brown, Farmar, Walton, Vujacic... those guys are ghosts right now.

Ariza being gone is going to be huge, if not now in the future! He was a very young talented role player, athletic and a pure scorer IMO.

bigfan
04-04-2010, 08:49 PM
Look at it another way, what team wants the Spurs in the playoffs?

Spursfan092120
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the props, sir... :toast

Dex
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
In the past 9 games, the Spurs have beaten 5 of the top 10 teams in the league (minus the heartbreaker at Atlanta, Phoenix, Utah, Dallas, and Denver).

They also found a way to throw a loss to the worst team in the league in there. :pctoss

FeZZy
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
:tu