PDA

View Full Version : News on Hill/McDyess injuries??

poop
04-04-2010, 05:17 PM
how bad is it, how long will hill be out? and what happened to mcdyess in the end?

amman
04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
I didnt watch the game(really sad i didnt) but I read that Hill left the game in the 2nd quarter with a sprained ankle and did not return. X-rays were also negative. Is there any news of him maybe taking a few days off or how severe the injury is?

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Dice is still a tard I don't care about him. He hit some timely jumpers today but those were long overdue given his shit-tastic play in the past, plus he stupidly fumbled the ball and made sloppy passes a number of times anyway.

He has a long way to go before he earns my "oh noo dice we neeeed you" pity points

rayray2k8
04-04-2010, 05:19 PM
He might be out 1-2 weeks. Parker is gonna weasel his way into the starting line-up. :lol

Spurs Brazil
I think Dice is fine. He didn't even go to the lockerroom

Sisk
link ray ray?

BillMc
Yes, and Dice too. Hope to get the injury report soon?

exstatic
Dice is still a tard I don't care about him. He hit some timely jumpers today but those were long overdue given his shit-tastic play in the past, plus he stupidly fumbled the ball and made sloppy passes a number of times anyway.

He has a long way to go before he earns my "oh noo dice we neeeed you" pity points

You didn't answer his question, and you should probably just shut your negative hole since we kicked LA's asses in their crib. I've seen your negative shit in multiple threads. Shut it, bitch.

jag
04-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Via the Unspeakable News Site:

George Hill injured: Spurs report George Hill has a sprained right ankle and will not return. Hill was hurt when he stepped on the foot of the Lakers' Derek Fisher.

I'd like to track his progress and any news on his injury. Here's to hoping he's back for the SAC game.:toast

crc21209
04-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Dice looked fine, and Hill should be just fine as well the sprain didnt look too too bad, plus he's young anyway..

Spurs Brazil
04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Antonio McDyess also limped off late in the game -- but after the game said he bumped knees and is fine.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/04/spurs-vs-lakers-6.html

poop
04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
good thing mcdyess is ok. he did a good job today with some crucial rebounds.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-04-2010, 05:30 PM

So much ignorance. He got some huge boards for us in the fourth when LA was trying to make a run.

Ice009
04-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Dice is playing better lately. Have you watched him play the last couple of weeks? Tonight he got some huge rebounds for us.

jhuan16
04-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Dice come up with some huge rebound today, hope he and Hil will be alright.

itzsoweezee
04-04-2010, 05:32 PM
dice was awesome. he's been very active lately.

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 05:33 PM
You didn't answer his question, and you should probably just shut your negative hole since we kicked LA's asses in their crib. I've seen your negative shit in multiple threads. Shut it, bitch.

How about you suck my cock you god damned faggot

Spursmania
04-04-2010, 05:33 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/04/spurs-vs-lakers-6.html

Great news about Dice :toast

spectator
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
He might be out 1-2 weeks. Parker is gonna weasel his way into the starting line-up. :lol

this is prob. the most depressing news on the injury. i really like parker, but this team got all the momentum going b/c ginobili is handing the ball. i really hope hill gets some treatment and comes back before parker, so that parker can play limited minutes off the bench until the playoffs.

it also sucks that we play 4 games in 5 days :wow and rmj cannot make a shot or a pass to save his life.

on a lighter note, we may still get 50 wins playing sac, mem, and min, and that may push our record over portland.

SenorSpur
04-04-2010, 05:36 PM
this is prob. the most depressing news on the injury. i really like parker, but this team got all the momentum going b/c ginobili is handing the ball. i really hope hill gets some treatment and comes back before parker, so that parker can play limited minutes off the bench until the playoffs.

it also sucks that we play 4 games in 5 days :wow and rmj cannot make a shot or a pass to save his life.

on a lighter note, we may still get 50 wins playing sac, mem, and min, and that may push our record over portland.

Calling Garrett Temple.

ohmwrecker
04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
What kind of talk is that on Zombie Jesus day?

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 05:42 PM
What kind of talk is that on Zombie Jesus day?

That's true, and I apologize to other respectful spurstalk members having to see that kind of talk on this day, but if someone's going to call me a "bitch" for railing on a player who has performed subpar all season, I'm going to bark back, plain and simple.

I literally never get into it when spurstalk members due to a sense of camraderie by virtue of supporting the same team, but I'm not going to take this "bitch" talk and stand still.

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 05:43 PM
this is prob. the most depressing news on the injury...

I don't think that's actually "news" as of yet.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 05:43 PM

Dice actually did an admirable job today. He pulled down critical contested rebounds that we usually have trouble with against this Laker team, who typically out rebound us. McDyess was a reason why rebounding wasn't a weakness today.

Well said exstatic.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 05:44 PM
I love it how someone posts that Hill will be out 1-2 weeks with no information to go on whatsoever.

This team needs Georgie in there with Manu until Tony gets back. At least one if not both Hill and Parker will be back in a week.

Hill's ankle looked like a tweak as much as anything to me.

raspsa
04-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Pop has to be his usual conservative self.. I wouldn't mind if he sat Hill and McDyess for the Kings' game just to be on the safe side and give them more time to heal. Can't gamble on aggravating a minor injury with the POs around the corner.

ShoogarBear
04-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Pop might have been thinking about giving Manu a rest against the Kings, but now he has to consider give Hill that game off, even if he's able to play.

Ginobilly
04-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, he was able to walk on his own power which is a good sign. I would say he would be out about a week or so.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Could be anywhere from a week to a month, depends on the severity of it.

duncan228
04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Talked to George after the game and he didn't seem too positive, but there is an MRI tomorrow. Mcdyess is fine.

Thanks. Appreciate the info.

raspsa
04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Doesn't look good for Hill.. can't put any weight on the foot.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36169871/sports/player_news

Spurminator
04-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Fuck you Derek Fisher.

Warlord23
04-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Goddamn it. Just when they look like they're figuring it out we get hit with more injuries. But this game made one thing clear: seeding doesn't really matter this year. We just need health going into the playoffs, doesn't matter if Pop rests the entire starting lineup till the playoffs.

Ice009
04-04-2010, 06:12 PM
For fucks sake.

Fucking great.

easy7
04-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Well, something bad has to happen to your foot when you don't stop kicking that Lakers ass...:hat

Ginobilly
04-04-2010, 06:15 PM

2 or 3 weeks out for sure now. Grade 2 sprain is what it looked like to me. Hopefully it's nothing serious like having a full tear on his ligaments.

Doe
04-04-2010, 06:25 PM
God damn it. :bang

This means tons more time for Mason, he needs to pull his head out of his ass ASAP.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 06:26 PM
All Derek Fisher can do now is undercut people - he can't play basketball. POS.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
God damn it. :bang

This means tons more time for Mason, he needs to pull his head out of his ass ASAP.

Until Parker comes back.

Look for Hill to come back around games 3 and 4 of the first round.

This just means Parker and Manu will get even more opportunities on the offensive end. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, even though we will miss Hill's versatility and overall game.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
What a blow..of course it had to be Derek Fisher, it just had to be..

santymrc
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Until Parker comes back.

Look for Hill to come back around games 3 and 4 of the first round.

This just means Parker and Manu will get even more opportunities on the offensive end. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, even though we will miss Hill's versatility and overall game.

GH 3's and defense are gonna make a bad impact in the team (the lack of).
Malik's gonna have to play a lot more time out there.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 06:33 PM
Hill is out at least the next two games and will have an MRI tomorrow. I hope somebody gets the point of an elbow to Derek Fishers head. He deserves it. BTW, weren't the Sparks a little chippy during todays game?

I didn't see Ron Ron blowing kisses to the crowd either. They had already left before the game was over.

poop
04-04-2010, 06:35 PM
i dont think it was anything intentional by fisher, like him or not.

jag
04-04-2010, 06:35 PM
He was on cutches.

well that's just great

DAF86
04-04-2010, 06:38 PM
When is Tony coming back?

nkdlunch
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Hill might be out 2-3 games. No more. Dyess will probably be back next game or just rest 1 game. :tu

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Hill might be out 2-3 games. No more. Dyess will probably be back next game or just rest 1 game. :tu

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36169871/ns/sports-player_news/

He was on crutches.

Sounds like more than just 2-3 games.

Those signs indicate its a grade 2 or 3 sprain, which takes 2-4 weeks to heal.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM

OH SHYT, this is all we needed..... We get a huge win but a huge loss at the same time (My fantasy guy too next week with 4 games in the finals).

Bruno
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
It damn sucks for Hill. :bang

Playoffs start in 13 days. Let's hope he will be back for them.

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
31g0YE61PLQ

EricB
04-04-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd say he'll be back probobly by the Minnesota game. They SHOULD win vs Sacramento tomorrow night without HIll, but of course they should've beat New Jersey too....

YoMamaIsCallin
04-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Would everyone please stop Making Shit Up (tm). No one knows how long he'll be out.

All we know thanks to Jeff McDonald (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/04/hill-will-miss.html) is that Hill is being sent home for an MRI and rest/recovery and will not be with the team for the next 2 games on the road. We should know more tomorrow.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I'll be happy if he can return any time before the 2nd game in the playoffs..hopefully he doesn't have to miss any playoff time at all..

Story of the season though..every time there's strides being made, something bad has to happen..somebody wants the Spurs to finally die..

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd say he'll be back probobly by the Minnesota game. They SHOULD win vs Sacramento tomorrow night without HIll, but of course they should've beat New Jersey too....

Most likely wishful thinking, but maybe Malik can get a little more burn (after today's quality mins (TO notwithstanding)) providing a bit more rest for Manu.

DPG21920
04-04-2010, 06:49 PM
So weak that he got hurt. That sets the Spurs back quite a bit here.

BronxCowboy
04-04-2010, 06:50 PM
So does this mean we will see Jerrells with the big boys' club?

Ice009
04-04-2010, 06:51 PM
So weak that he got hurt. That sets the Spurs back quite a bit here.

Weak that he got hurt?

EricB
04-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Most likely wishful thinking, but maybe Malik can get a little more burn (after today's quality mins (TO notwithstanding)) providing a bit more rest for Manu.

Unless Malik turned into a point guard overnight, I don't see how its possible.

duncan228
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Post game.

“I’m a little worried about everything that’s coming up now without George,” said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, referring to road games against Denver, Phoenix and Dallas. “It’s going to be difficult to sustain that and have Manu play the point in all these games coming up. We’ll have to figure something out.”

EricB
04-04-2010, 06:52 PM
So does this mean we will see Jerrells with the big boys' club?

I'd say Temple will see time before Jerrells, but thats just my uneducated opinion.

EricB
04-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Yeah not signing a Brevin Knight, or a solid veteran point that wouldn't get into the way, is really biting them in the ass. I said back in August its curious they didn't do this.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 06:55 PM
Just means more point guard duties for Mason and Manu and more minutes for Hairston at the 2 and 3.

I highly doubt Temple or Jerrels get more run than Hairston during this time.

DPG21920
04-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Weak that he got hurt?

Yes. Not that it is his fault, but it is weak timing.

EricB
04-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Just means more point guard duties for Mason and Manu and more minutes for Hairston at the 2 and 3.

I highly doubt Temple or Jerrels get more run than Hairston during this time.

Most likely.

Pops pretty much FORCED to play Mason at the point right now.

DPG21920
04-04-2010, 06:58 PM
That's what I hate. I don't want Gino run into the ground. More Mason at point and more minutes for Manu is a very bad thing.

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Unless Malik turned into a point guard overnight, I don't see how its possible.

:lol

I know, but...well, I guess w/ Hill out, Manu would play ONLY PG mins.

So, nvm.

TD 21
04-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Team bad luck strikes again! This team can't catch a break. This is the best they've played and most dangerous (as far as doing damage in the playoffs) the Spurs have looked in at least two years, so injuries have to continue to pile up.

The Spurs need to call up Jerrells and play him ahead of Temple. No more SG's masquerading as PG's, you can't do that when you don't have a single viable PG left (Ginobili can do it, but he's really an SG).

Mason needs to be huge in these next two games, just in terms of relieving Ginobili. The Spurs can't afford to play him 70-75 minutes in these next two games and win, say, 1. Then he'll be gassed for the following back to back.

Maybe the front office will learn next season that you can't go thin at PG or C

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
That's what I hate. I don't want Gino run into the ground. More Mason at point and more minutes for Manu is a very bad thing.

I rather have Mason bringing the ball up the court in order to give Hairston more time, than having Temple bring the ball up the court and Hairston getting less time. ( Due to Mason being ahead of Hairston on the depth chart at the wing )

-Mason is fine bringing the ball up the court, as long as Manu, RJ or Tim are creating the offense.

-What isn't fine is Mason bringing the ball up the court and getting pick and roll opportunities trying to create the offense, which basically is no threat at all and a waste of 5-8 seconds on the shot clock.

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
Any chance TP comes back a little earlier now?..

Temple is horrible..there's no way Jerrells or any other PG is getting PT at this point of this season, it doesn't make any sense..

Mason is the logical option, but I just hate seeing him on the floor defensively, it hurts..he better step it up..

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I'll be happy if he can return any time before the 2nd game in the playoffs..hopefully he doesn't have to miss any playoff time at all..

Story of the season though..every time there's strides being made, something bad has to happen..somebody wants the Spurs to finally die..Either that someoboy wants this to be our most controversial team ever and give us the best run we have ever had! Take your pick.

ShoogarBear
04-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Wonder what Charlie Ward is up to these days?

siraulo23
04-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Hopefully Hill will be back before the playoffs commenced

meanwhile... Time to step up MONEYMASE!

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Post game.

Oh this is just F IN Great, sounds like he will miss all those games and playoff game or two now too! SHYT! GOOD LORD why can't we just get everyone healhty now? :bang:bang
Hopefully Hill will be back before the playoffs commenced

meanwhile... Time to step up MONEYMASE!

Yeah that makes me feel so confident now relying on Mason and his shooting hand :depressed:depressed

BillMc
04-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Any chance TP comes back a little earlier now?..

Temple is horrible..there's no way Jerrells or any other PG is getting PT at this point of this season, it doesn't make any sense..

Mason is the logical option, but I just hate seeing him on the floor defensively, it hurts..he better step it up..

I agree about bringing Parker back earlier, but its a slippery slope. Even if we lose a few its better to have Parker and Hill healthy in the playoffs even with a worse seed.

A healthy team vs the Lakers is a better matchup than an injured team vs Dallas, Phoenix, Denver or the Jazz.

I just hate seeing Mason out there at all anymore, but we really don't have a choice.

Supergirl
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Spurs have clinched a playoff spot, at this point having everyone healthy come playoff time is more important than what our seeding is.

EricB
04-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Wonder what Charlie Ward is up to these days?

TV Commentator last I checked.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 07:13 PM
I agree about bringing Parker back earlier, but its a slippery slope. Even if we lose a few its better to have Parker and Hill healthy in the playoffs even with a worse seed.

A healthy team vs the Lakers is a better matchup than an injured team vs Dallas, Phoenix, Denver or the Jazz.

I just hate seeing Mason out there at all anymore, but we really don't have a choice.

True, but F that 8th seed man, I don't want any parts of that there!!!! I mean I don't want any parts of LA in the first round over those guys and I mean it. Pop knows it and we all do, Tony knows it too.

siraulo23
04-04-2010, 07:15 PM
"I feel better, I'll be all right," Hill said as he hobbled toward a waiting golf cart after the game. "I'm still breathing, so I'll be all right."

"I think he's probably out a while, unfortunately," coach Gregg Popovich said.
Hill has already been ruled out for games Tuesday at Sacramento and Wednesday at Phoenix, a tough blow for a Spurs' team already missing starting point guard Tony Parker.
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/04/hill-will-miss.html

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Spurs have clinched a playoff spot, at this point having everyone healthy come playoff time is more important than what our seeding is.

Not if your the head boss of the whole organization.

If Spurs end up with the 6th or 7th seed and somehow find their way to the WCF by avoiding the 8th seed ( If they were to lose to the Lakers).That could mean an extra 10-15 million in Holt's pocket.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Their chances against LA (even this current version) aren't great over seven games. A healthy Spurs team could contend against the other six teams. I just hope Hill will be OK in time for the POs. At least they are definitely in. Fifty wins or more for the twelfth consecutive season is also very realistic now.

EricB
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
i'm rooting for a first round meeting against the Mavericks personally.

boutons_deux
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Fish didn't do anything. George just stepped on Fish's foot.

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Cant catch a break.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM

Without Hill for some games...I'm not. We need him for match-up purposes on Beaubois/Barea/ Terry/Kidd.

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 07:28 PM

I would love to take them out. The way Manu is playing right now I honestly don't see us losing. The man is incredible as of late and Duncan showing us he still has it and with a healthy parker. I wouldn't mind the Mavs seeing as they are overrated to begin with.

daslicer
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Speaking from person experience dealing with a bunch of ankle injuries the last few years its hard to tell how serious it is by looking at it. Last week I injured one of my ankles in similar fashion to what Hill did I step on some guys foot when trying to grab rebound but I was able to stop myself from rolling it hundred percent. I limped afterwards but I was able to walk on my own power without needing crutches. The ankle was a bitch for nearly a week and then it healed hundred percent. I thought Hill would be ok because he was still walking after the injury on his own power but we'll have to wait and see for the MRI.

Spurs Brazil
04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Terrible news. Let's hope he can be back for the first playoff game

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Cant catch a break.

Nope, so goes our f in season :( We get a huge win or so and then this happens! SHIT IS JUST HORRIBLE. I hate this damn year, I will say it again.
Terrible news. Let's hope he can be back for the first playoff game

GOOD GOD this does not sound good at all, and I was so happy.. We won big today, but this here is a HUGE loss for us. I am depressed again, like something will not let me get fully happy this year for some reason even after a huge win! Things just suck this year, period.

The Truth #6
04-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Not if your the head boss of the whole organization.

If Spurs end up with the 6th or 7th seed and somehow find their way to the WCF by avoiding the 8th seed ( If they were to lose to the Lakers).That could mean an extra 10-15 million in Holt's pocket.

That makes sense.

I'm afraid they'll tire themselves out when they should be trying to rest some, but on the other hand, we're on a roll and it seems crazy to try and slow it down. As long as we don't burn out Manu and Tim over this final stretch, we'll be in as good a shape as we can hope for considering what a sorry season its been up until recently.

Waps1980
04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I rolled my ankle 18 days ago pretty bad should of had crutches couldn't put any weight on it for the first 2 days then limped round for 5 days. I reckon with the right trainers I could have played again after 14 days but it was our last game.

Brazil
04-04-2010, 07:47 PM

:bang fuck

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 07:48 PM
I rolled my ankle 18 days ago pretty bad should of had crutches couldn't put any weight on it for the first 2 days then limped round for 5 days. I reckon with the right trainers I could have played again after 14 days but it was our last game.

Great, so I think he is out 2-3 weeks :( Thats just what we needed now with some tough games coming up.

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I say Tony comes back against Memphis now. We go 2 games with Manu and Mason at the point.

Spurs Brazil
04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
RJ is doing a good job scoring since TP went down but now with Hill also out we need more, he'll have to score around 18 per game

dbestpro
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
TP will be back before Hill. Manu will run the point. The issue really is about pg backup and shooting guard. Bogans and Hairston will see more minutes at the SG, RJ will need to man SF for most of the game. RMJ will play backup point. Just because Manu is Manu and Pop will not be able to play small ball I think we still have a chance to run the table. Pop the mad scientist might even go big and run Blair at times at SF. Imagine a line up of Duncan, Dice/Bonner, Blair, RJ and Manu. Help defense would help Blair and he could wreck havoc on the opponent's small forward.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
It looked like it was turned pretty good but he did not land with all his weight on it. He even put in a jumper.

Hopefully he'll miss a week to ten days. They need him in the playoffs.

EricB
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Yeah Garrett Temple better get his shoes laced up. Dude could see some solid time comin up.

EricB
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
It looked to me like he tweaked it but didnt sprain the F out of it.

I'll say back by the Minnesota game.

FeZZy
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
ohhh nice comeback

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 08:36 PM
It looked to me like he tweaked it but didnt sprain the F out of it.

I'll say back by the Minnesota game.

It didn't look that bad to me either. the ankle didn't break or fold all the way down or anything. Surprised to hear that it's this serious.

SenorSpur
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
By the way, excellent concentration on the part of Hill - to nail that shot after he came down on Fisher's foot. Goddmann Fisher. Once again, he's bad news for the Spurs.

Buddy Holly
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM

Hill hurt himself after landing awkwardly on Derek Fisher after making a jumper late in the second quarter.

Did McDonald even watch the game?

Supergirl
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Spurs will need to beat the Lakers eventually if they want to make it out of the WCF. They *could* beat any team - today's game should prove that - but any of the other 7 teams could also beat them. There's a lot of parity right now in the west.

Personally, I think this year the trophy is the Cavs' to lose. They are the only team that has looked truly dominant. But they could find a way to fuck it up - esp if they don't have Shaq/Zeke in the playoffs - and then it's anyone's game.

Russ
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Hill's injury looked pretty minor --- let's hope so.

(BTW, Fisher's play was exactly the kind that Bowen took so much grief about.)

Obstructed_View
04-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Hill's injury looked pretty minor --- let's hope so.

(BTW, Fisher's play was exactly the kind that Bowen took so much grief about.)

And much like Bowen's plays, I didn't think it was remotely intentional.

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
ohhh nice comeback

We got a tough guy here. Thanks for bringing up an issue that was over and done 4 pages ago. You're really cool. Let's give Fezzy a round of applause for how cool he is.

raspsa
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
And much like Bowen's plays, I didn't think it was remotely intentional.

Fisher's foot was planted and stationary, Hill stepped on it.

wildbill2u
04-04-2010, 10:15 PM
While Dice actually did play pretty well in the 2nd half, Bonner did a hell of a job in the first half. Then Pop didn't play him at all in the second.

I don't know why Pop uses them like this. But he won with this rotation so good for Pop.

Man In Black
04-04-2010, 10:24 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/San-Antonio-Spurs-beat-Los-Angeles-Lakers

For starters, Andrew Bynum is a huge missing piece against Tim Duncan. Pau Gasol did a great job back on March 24th, when Duncan was struggling. Today, Duncan ran over Gasol like a freight train. Gasol might as well have been tied to the tracks by some 1920's film villain with a handlebar mustache.

Playing the Lakers in the first round? Means either no Bynum, or one struggling to get back into rhythm. We informed you earlier that Bynum's struggling to recover from the Achilles strain that's sidelined him for two weeks. Another two weeks is in no way out of the realm of possibility. If San Antonio can get a matchup with LA without Bynum? That's preferable than if Bynumzilla is at full strength.

Then there's Kobe Bean Bryant. Bryant is somehow managing to take tons of shots and miss a high percentage, impressive for a superstar. Bryant was 8 of 24 today, going 13 of 47 since signing his massive extension. But this is Kobe Bryant. He's going to wake up. But if this slump is the result of the myriad injuries Bryant's suffered, you want to catch him before he heals and goes back to, you know, being Bryant. It's probably not going to work, but it's the best shot.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Hill was walking out of the arena using crutches?

ohhhh man

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM

ohhhh man

Reeeeally hopin that was the equivalent of double-baggin' it. Playin it EXTRA safe.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 10:38 PM

ohhhh manSHYT, just had to remind me again after a somewhat perfect day :depressed:depressed, son of a bytch shit goes right and then this happens.

Man In Black
04-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Damn peeps, what the hell? Anytime there is ankle injury that needs further evaluation, it's right and proper to use crutches to minimize any possibility of further injury.

I watched it, it looks more like a high ankle sprain which in itself, already makes it more complicated than your normal low ankle sprain. Having said that, it all depends on the MRI. I'd say Grade 2. That ain't the optimal, but I feel that he's young and the Spurs have a crack Medical team. He'll be back for the playoffs and with a little luck, if the ankle is upgraded to a Grade 1. he'll be back in the last week.
RMJ has to man up. RJ needs to have less turnovers due to mental hangups like moving before you secure the ball(Mainly). Bogans played at a level that he needs to sustain. He didn't try to give more than is expected. I'm not sure the team can entrust either Temple or Jerrels at this juncture unless Pop doesn't really care about seedings, then....Rest! You're in and you know who you have to play. Build for the playoffs and work TP & GHill back in.

ElNono
04-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Maybe try to hurry Tony back a bit? Limited minutes? TP said he's been fine for a while now but said the doctor doesn't want him to play...

Maybe put some kind of splint on it?

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Maybe try to hurry Tony back a bit? Limited minutes? TP said he's been fine for a while now but said the doctor doesn't want him to play...

Maybe put some kind of splint on it?

Yeah, I was encouraged with how confident Parker was in terms of how much his injury is bothering him at the moment. He said it feels perfectly normal but they are just being extra precautionary.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Damn peeps, what the hell? Anytime there is ankle injury that needs further evaluation, it's right and proper to use crutches to minimize any possibility of further injury.

I watched it, it looks more like a high ankle sprain which in itself, already makes it more complicated than your normal low ankle sprain. Having said that, it all depends on the MRI. I'd say Grade 2. That ain't the optimal, but I feel that he's young and the Spurs have a crack Medical team. He'll be back for the playoffs and with a little luck, if the ankle is upgraded to a Grade 1. he'll be back in the last week.
RMJ has to man up. RJ needs to have less turnovers due to mental hangups like moving before you secure the ball(Mainly). Bogans played at a level that he needs to sustain. He didn't try to give more than is expected. I'm not sure the team can entrust either Temple or Jerrels at this juncture unless Pop doesn't really care about seedings, then....Rest! You're in and you know who you have to play. Build for the playoffs and work TP & GHill back in.

Thing is if he is out till the playoffs he comes in rust and Tony too! That sucks but thats the reality of it I guess. We have some big games left as well! We nee that 7th spot or better to advance IMO, if we get LA that would be horrible for a first round matchup. This injury sucks, he is probably out 2 weeks as I am thinking now, hopefully not much more.

We need one PG back and healthy before the playoffs or when they start, thats is CERTAIN!
Yeah, I was encouraged with how confident Parker was in terms of how much his injury is bothering him at the moment. He said it feels perfectly normal but they are just being extra precautionary.

Rightfully so, if he comes back and gets hurt again our season is basically over! Give him all the time he needs, he will be back and 100% hopefully. We need Tony for that run, it's a GIVEN! Hill we need as well.

spurs10
04-04-2010, 11:21 PM
I say Tony comes back against Memphis now. We go 2 games with Manu and Mason at the point.
That would be optimal.

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
The absolute ideal situation would be to somehow manage to stay in the 7th seed (or move up)...without running Ginobili into the ground...without having to bring parker back prematurely.

Easier said than done, I know.

crc21209
04-04-2010, 11:27 PM
I say TP comes back Friday at home against the Grizzlies now with this happening...and Hill will be back by the Minnesota game...the guy's a fighter and is young.

Manufan909
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Like the quote earlier about Bynum and Kobe, it might be in the Spurs best interests to play LAL in the first round. It's not like they'll play anyone with a worse record in the POs unless the 3-6 seeds choke and the Spurs win the rest of their games. I'd rather Manu and Timmy play less minutes, and take LA out of the LOB race ASAP.

JustinJDW
04-05-2010, 12:42 AM
Well, something bad has to happen to your foot when you don't stop kicking that Lakers ass...:hatHaha. Thanks man. You actually made me chuckle a bit and brought a smile to my face in this unlucky and bullshit situation.

All I can hope for is that everyone is healthy for the Playoffs. But lets not be too down guys. We just beat the Lakers on their Homecourt with Tony Parker or George Hill. Lets be happy for a bit. Plus, a got a lot of money to collect tomorrow.

:hat

Seriously though, we should just rest Ginobili the next game or so. That way, Ginobili, Parker and Hill are all resting at the same time for the Playoffs. Just let Mason, Bogans, Hairston and Temple get the minutes. And let RJ fucking go ape shit on these shitty teams. We need our guys to be healthy. Fuck 50 wins! We need to be fucking healthy!

Ditty
04-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Like the quote earlier about Bynum and Kobe, it might be in the Spurs best interests to play LAL in the first round. It's not like they'll play anyone with a worse record in the POs unless the 3-6 seeds choke and the Spurs win the rest of their games. I'd rather Manu and Timmy play less minutes, and take LA out of the LOB race ASAP.

i rather it not be a long summer like last year

timtonymanu
04-05-2010, 02:58 AM
There's always gotta be bad news with great wins. Fuck this team can't catch a break.

RMJ needs to get his head out of his ass and RJ needs to step up even more.

widowmaker
04-05-2010, 03:05 AM

Hey man if u want another man to suck your cock, who makes who look like a faggot? But anyway back to what really matters I hope both of those guys the best health this is a team sport and everyone has been playing great and we need everyone healthy for the next two weeks and be ready for this playoff run.

buttsR4rebounding
04-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Dare we say...Jacque Vaughn on a 10 day contract?

the crimson blur
04-05-2010, 07:50 AM
George Hill has been our 3rd best player all year.

...no way we can go anywhere in the playoffs without him. Fuuuuuuck.

At this point, we just have to hope that George and Tony manage to make it back at 80%. Our 2 quickest players...*sigh*

buttsR4rebounding
04-05-2010, 08:21 AM
I just heard on WOAI that Hill is out for 2 weeks.

rayray2k8
04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
I love it how someone posts that Hill will be out 1-2 weeks with no information to go on whatsoever.

How's that dipshit?

This team needs Georgie in there with Manu until Tony gets back. At least one if not both Hill and Parker will be back in a week.

I love how people then contradict themselves. :rolleyes

Hill's ankle looked like a tweak as much as anything to me.

So you think he's gonna miss 1-2 weeks huh? Oh that's right, you're guessing!
But props for giving us your medical opinion. :tu

raspsa
04-05-2010, 09:10 AM
Tough break but its just something that the coaching staff and players will have to deal with. All we could really hope for was that the team would start peaking at the right time and that the roster would be healthy come the Playoffs.
Well, the team has put together a string of impressive games, the defense has toughened and the guys are playing focused and with a sense of mission. Hopefully the MRI shows no really serious damage and GHill will be back for the POs along with a recuperated Parker.