PDA

View Full Version : Kobe is going to FALL OFF A CLIFF next season

poop
04-04-2010, 05:21 PM
you heard it here first. the mileage will finally catch up to him. he will put up 18 ppg. FALL OFF A CLIFF next season.

exstatic
04-04-2010, 05:25 PM
He's looking mortal these days. It's like with Duncan: they can still put up numbers, but you don't have to double them to avert disaster any more.

I hadn't watched much Kobe this year. He's definitely fallen off from a year or two ago.

poop
04-04-2010, 05:29 PM
i dont know if ive ever seen him as bad as he was today. i honestly didnt even notice that kobe bryant was even playing today.

04-04-2010, 06:04 PM
More stats Jordan played his 620 regular season games at 31 and had played 121 play off games

at 31 Kobe has logged 1019 games and 175 play off games

Michal Jordan RETIRED having logged 1072 regular season games and 179 play off games

GREAT CONTRACT EXTENSION LAKERS

LOL

FALL

OFF

A

CLIFF
wow, i did not know that. probably explains how jordan was still so good at age 38-40.

BRHornet45
04-04-2010, 06:06 PM
sons he almost fell of a cliff after that earthquake just now. drum roll, symbol. God Bless

z0sa
04-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Meanwhile Tim Duncan

10-14, 4-5 FT/A for 24 points
11 rebounds
4 assists

Tim sure looked done when he was scoring on Gasol left handed

jag
04-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Meanwhile Tim Duncan

10-14, 4-5 FT/A for 24 points
11 rebounds
4 assists

Tim sure looked done when he was scoring on Gasol left handed

Tim and Kobe are both declining. The only difference is that Laker fan is trying to pretend it isn't happening with Kobe.

z0sa
04-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Tim and Kobe are both declining. The only difference is that Laker fan is trying to pretend it isn't happening with Kobe.

Yeah, it's not just lakerfan writing article after article about Tim Duncan being done. Tim Duncan's "decline" is marginal from last season. I actually think he's looking a lot better than this time last season.

poop
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
yes tim looked like he had had enough of Big Bird's shit and took it personally in the 2nd half, and proceeded to go 2004 on him.

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 06:53 PM
next season?

It has already happened. I am hoping Mitch/Jerry didn;t include a NTC. Then the Lakers def. got the upperhand in the deal.

If Kobe got his NTC...then wow what a deal for him.

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 06:54 PM
yes tim looked like he had had enough of Big Bird's shit and took it personally in the 2nd half, and proceeded to go 2004 on him.

it was great to tim play liek that today...pretty refreshing

it has been sad..even as a laker fan..to watch his decline the last few years..

The Cougar
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
If he gets the calls like today there will be a decline

j.dizzle
04-04-2010, 06:59 PM
LOL at Kobe for wanting to play for that worlds bullshit in Turkey this summer when he should be resting & fixing a finger or two..Now i know how spurfan feels when Manu played in so many of those..Gasol too, how you supposed to play healthy for a full season when you dont get any rest in the offseason

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Could you at some point see a trade of Kobe/Lebron Kobe/Wade Kobe/Carmelo

I can see that down the line..

l

Honestly Chris...I don't know how his contract exactly works...

but I am under the assumption Kobe's extension kicks in next season (so his current contract for next year will be whiped out..which has a NTC)...so if he did not receieve a NTC with this new extension he will be eligible for a trade on July 2 (he signed on April 2). I never have believed Buss has 100% forgiven Kobe for his summer tirade at all.

I think if Kobe is eligible for a trade...without a ounce of doubt in my mind Jerry Buss goes for LeBron. It will not be a spectator sport. It will be done EXTREMELY precisely through trusted back channels...but if LeBron forces his way to LA (and he will not just leave CLE...he will leave through a S&T and a S&T ONLY)...Buss would not think twice about trading Kobe for him.

Now...would CLE want Kobe? I'm not so sure. I think a Bynum/Picks/LO type package might be more appealing to them though I think the Lakers would rather trade Pau before Drew? I think Buss wouldn't think twice about it and would then turn and trade Kobe for a Westbrook/DRose type PG.

Westbrook/Rose
LeBron
Drew

Locked up for a decade....

I mean...this is totally nuts...but damn I would not put it past Buss.

All hinges on the NTC and I am very anxious to see the details of the kobe extension.

Also - I don't see any scenario where the Lakers trade Kobe unless LeBron is coming to LA.

poop
04-04-2010, 08:00 PM
bahaha Lakers 'fans' already giving up on kobe and talking seriously about trading him for lebron hahahahhahahahaa

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
bahaha Lakers 'fans' already giving up on kobe and talking seriously about trading him for lebron hahahahhahahahaa

lol @ u

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
:lol

Yeah, nothin says a player's "fallin off" like the absurd amount of game winners and other such clutch shots like Kobe's had this year.

What a fucking bum.

mogrovejo
04-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Honestly Chris...I don't know how his contract exactly works...

but I am under the assumption Kobe's extension kicks in next season (so his current contract for next year will be whiped out..which has a NTC)...so if he did not receieve a NTC with this new extension he will be eligible for a trade on July 2 (he signed on April 2). I never have believed Buss has 100% forgiven Kobe for his summer tirade at all.

I think if Kobe is eligible for a trade...without a ounce of doubt in my mind Jerry Buss goes for LeBron. It will not be a spectator sport. It will be done EXTREMELY precisely through trusted back channels...but if LeBron forces his way to LA (and he will not just leave CLE...he will leave through a S&T and a S&T ONLY)...Buss would not think twice about trading Kobe for him.

Now...would CLE want Kobe? I'm not so sure. I think a Bynum/Picks/LO type package might be more appealing to them though I think the Lakers would rather trade Pau before Drew? I think Buss wouldn't think twice about it and would then turn and trade Kobe for a Westbrook/DRose type PG.

Westbrook/Rose
LeBron
Drew

Locked up for a decade....

I mean...this is totally nuts...but damn I would not put it past Buss.

All hinges on the NTC and I am very anxious to see the details of the kobe extension.

Also - I don't see any scenario where the Lakers trade Kobe unless LeBron is coming to LA.

I feel dumb after reading all this non-sense. FYI, the NTC carried over. Stuff like trade kickers and non-trade clauses generally remain in place when extensions are negotiated.

mogrovejo
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
He already did this season. It never ceases to amaze me how slow are hardcore fans of a sport to capture what's going on. Kobe had a hot start this season where he hit a hot patch hitting his jumpers - he was making them at a level he had never done before his entire career - that obviously wasn't sustainable. I told you at the time; a couple months ago I wrote a post with lots of metrics showing how steep was Kobe's decline. And you take the jump-shooting accuracy in that first month out and it looks even worse - and that's the reality going forward.

This was Kobe's last season as the best player in his team - and I don't think the difference between him and Gasol this season was relevant.

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I feel dumb after reading all this non-sense. FYI, the NTC carried over. Stuff like trade kickers and non-trade clauses generally remain in place when extensions are negotiated.

Funny how you know. My friend Larry Coon...who was present at the press conference..who writes for ESPN..who is in constant communication with people from the NBA front office...who is considered a guru on the CBA...doesn't even know if the NTC has been extended and won't find out from the league for another few days.

Funny how you know...

Stuff like NTC are ALWAYS renegiated in extensions as far as I have witnessed...even though it has been rare.

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 09:35 PM
He already did this season. It never ceases to amaze me how slow are hardcore fans of a sport to capture what's going on. Kobe had a hot start this season where he hit a hot patch hitting his jumpers - he was making them at a level he had never done before his entire career - that obviously wasn't sustainable. I told you at the time; a couple months ago I wrote a post with lots of metrics showing how steep was Kobe's decline. And you take the jump-shooting accuracy in that first month out and it looks even worse - and that's the reality going forward.

This was Kobe's last season as the best player in his team - and I don't think the difference between him and Gasol this season was relevant.

I partially agree with this and think he has lost a step but come on...the time Kobe started to throw up bricks was the same time he fucked up 2 fingers on his hand?

duhoh
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Funny how you know. My friend Larry Coon...who was present at the press conference..who writes for ESPN..who is in constant communication with people from the NBA front office...who is considered a guru on the CBA...doesn't even know if the NTC has been extended and won't find out from the league for another few days.

Funny how you know...

Stuff like NTC are ALWAYS renegiated in extensions as far as I have witnessed...even though it has been rare.

Cool story bro.

ChrisRichards
04-04-2010, 09:52 PM

Kobe has already fallen off, are you kidding me? He went into a Finlas MVP into a Joe Johnson caliber type of player this year.

Listen, next year as he puts another year on those 36,000 minute legs, younger players will start taking names. Consider the fact that Lebron is the best player and Kevin Durant is the second best the list of great young players fighting for that 3rd, 4th so and so forth spot becomes tighter.

Chris Paul is expected to come back at full strength, so he could regain his Top 5 status. Wade is also projected to have a better season next year. Then you have Brandon Roy, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams that will be in talks among the Top 5-8.

I think even players like Rudy Gay, Amare Stoudemire and possibly Derrick Rose will all be better than Kobe next year BUT I think Kobe will be in discussion BY DEFAULT only because of his legacy in the league, but in terms of productivity and impact, I dont think Kobe will be a TOP 8 player next season. No freakin way.

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM

Kobe has already fallen off, are you kidding me? He went into a Finlas MVP into a Joe Johnson caliber type of player this year.

Listen, next year as he puts another year on those 36,000 minute legs, younger players will start taking names. Consider the fact that Lebron is the best player and Kevin Durant is the second best the list of great young players fighting for that 3rd, 4th so and so forth spot becomes tighter.

Chris Paul is expected to come back at full strength, so he could regain his Top 5 status. Wade is also projected to have a better season next year. Then you have Brandon Roy, Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard that will be in talks among the Top 5-7.

I think even players like Rudy Gay and possibly Derrick Rose will all be better than Kobe next year BUT I think Kobe will be in discussion BY DEFAULT only because of his legacy in the league, but in terms of productivity and impact, I dont think Kobe will be a TOP 8 player next season. No freakin way.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/ratstomper/troll-poster.jpg

ChrisRichards
04-04-2010, 09:58 PM
Of course im trolling eventhough what I said makes sense. :rolleyes

Let me ask you a question. Given the chance would you NOT trade Kobe for one of the following players (Deron, CP3, Lebron,Wade, Durant, Brandon Roy, Dwight Howard).

If you answer NO, then explains your logic...:wakeup

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Of course im trolling eventhough what I said makes sense. :rolleyes

Let me ask you a question. Given the chance would you NOT trade Kobe for one of the following players (Deron, CP3, Lebron,Wade, Durant, Brandon Roy, Dwight Howard).

If you answer NO, then explains your logic...:wakeup

LeBron - Yes. This is my hope. I am hoping to God Kobe has no NTC and LeBron pushes his way to LA. Buss is smart...he wouldn't hesitate.

Deron - No way. Do I really need to explain?

CP3 - No way. Rumor or possible microfracture in a year or two amongst NBA insiders.

Wade - No. Too injury prone.

Roy - No. Would keep the Laker core locked in for the next 3 years and then re-asses. Kobe > Roy all things even for the next 2-3 years.

Dwight Howard - NO fucking way. Like we need another big on this Laker team?

Durant - Interesting. Would have to think long and hard about it. He is the only guy you would have to give second thought to behind Bron.

mogrovejo
04-04-2010, 10:05 PM

Funny how you know...

Coon still writes in lakersunderground? What a pussy. The NTC is still there.

I partially agree with this and think he has lost a step but come on...the time Kobe started to throw up bricks was the same time he fucked up 2 fingers on his hand?

Oh please, no, not the broken finger again... Now it's 2? To add to the virus, the ankle, teh lower back and all the other stuff I'm forgetting?

This "Kobe is dealing with injuries" routine is getting silly. It's every fucking year. When he plays well, he's a hero. When he plays badly, it's because of the injuries. Kobe had never shot at that level his entire career.

In any case, he "broke" (lol) his finger in 12/12, IIRC. The following 11 games he went for 0.49 FG% (0.46 for the season) taking 25 shots per game (21 for the season) and 0.855 FT% (81% for the season) taking 9.5 FT per game (7.5 for the season), this while shooting 34% from behind the line (32% for the season).

So, immediately after the "injury" he started shooting more - and more efficiently and going to the line more - and being more efficient with the freebies. Heck, I'm sure someone could bump a few threads where Lakersfans would praise how well was Kobe playing with a "broken" finger and explain the world what an unique hero he was.

The reason why Kobe started the season looking like a MPV contender was only because he was hitting his jumpers at an insane rate. Once that fall back to earth - and the least of his problems is his efficiency on jump-shots - the reality became clear. Nothing to do with the "injuries".

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Coon still writes in lakersunderground? What a pussy. The NTC is still there.

Source?

Oh please, no, not the broken finger again... Now it's 2? To add to the virus, the ankle, teh lower back and all the other stuff I'm forgetting?

This "Kobe is dealing with injuries" routine is getting silly. It's every fucking year. When he plays well, he's a hero. When he plays badly, it's because of the injuries. Kobe had never shot at that level his entire career.

In any case, he "broke" (lol) his finger in 12/12, IIRC. The following 11 games he went for 0.49 FG% (0.46 for the season) taking 25 shots per game (21 for the season) and 0.855 FT% (81% for the season) taking 9.5 FT per game (7.5 for the season), this while shooting 34% from behind the line (32% for the season).

So, immediately after the "injury" he started shooting more - and more efficiently and going to the line more - and being more efficient with the freebies. Heck, I'm sure someone could bump a few threads where Lakersfans would praise how well was Kobe playing with a "broken" finger and explain the world what an unique hero he was.

The reason why Kobe started the season looking like a MPV contender was only because he was hitting his jumpers at an insane rate. Once that fall back to earth - and the least of his problems is his efficiency on jump-shots - the reality became clear. Nothing to do with the "injuries".

I think without a doubt the finger has affected him. If his finger gets hit..he is fucked for the rest of the game. It is day to day. Watch in the playoffs when opponents go after his finger (i have no problem with it...i would if i was playing against him) and tell me it isn't a problem..

That's my biggest problem with Kobe. When he has his injured finger and isn't shooting well...he puts up even more shots.

Game in and game out our backcourt this year has had more shot attempts than our front court...and it starts with kobe.

ChrisRichards
04-04-2010, 10:54 PM

CP3 - No way. Rumor or possible microfracture in a year or two amongst NBA insiders..

You should say yes on both. The Lakers never had a Top Tier PG since Magic Johnson. Both players are young and ultra efficient that will make players better. Gasol and Bynum primarily will benefit from a playmaking true point guard.

You say Showtime Lakers? With Deron and CP3, then yes you'll get it back.

Wade - No. Too injury prone..

Wade had two seasons where he had issues with injury but he has been healthy the past 2 years. Kobe actually missed more games in his first 7 seasons than Wade. Also, Wade is also 3 years younger, much more explosive and has much more well rounded game than Kobe at this point. If you're trying to win, Wade is a better option than Kobe next year.

Roy - No. Would keep the Laker core locked in for the next 3 years and then re-asses. Kobe > Roy all things even for the next 2-3 years...
Come on, you seriously dont believe that with an objective mind, do you? Kobe>Roy even for the next 2-3 years? Seriously...

Dwight Howard - NO fucking way. Like we need another big on this Laker team?...

Dwight is a no brainer. You dont need "another" big but you need a Better BIG than Bynum whose body is made of glass. Trade Bynum for a AS caliber point guard and a serviceable bench player and the Lakers wont miss a beat with Howard, Odom, Gasol, Ron.

Durant - Interesting. Would have to think long and hard about it. He is the only guy you would have to give second thought to behind Bron.

You dont need to think long and hard about this one MSB. Durant is 21. He's raw but already a top player in this league. He reminds me of Tracy McGrady minus the attitude and playmaking ability. But Durant will get better.

29.7 PPG, 7.5 RPG 69% TS is hard to pass up.

weebo
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
LeBron - Yes. This is my hope. I am hoping to God Kobe has no NTC and LeBron pushes his way to LA. Buss is smart...he wouldn't hesitate.

CP3 - No way. Rumor or possible microfracture in a year or two amongst NBA insiders.

Wade - No. Too injury prone.

Roy - No. Would keep the Laker core locked in for the next 3 years and then re-asses. Kobe > Roy all things even for the next 2-3 years.

Dwight Howard - NO fucking way. Like we need another big on this Laker team?

Why the hell would Lebron want to follow in Kobe's footsteps in LA? That's just a fucking pipe dream you laker fans have. :rollin

milkshakeballa
04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Why the hell would Lebron want to follow in Kobe's footsteps in LA? That's just a fucking pipe dream you laker fans have. :rollin

This is my hope.

Get some reading comprehension dumbfuck.

ChrisRichards
04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Lebron in LA is going to be stupendous in so many levels. Given the opportunity, I think Bron would go to the Lakers so as long as he is given free reign on offense. Marketing for Lebron is going to be out of this world.

TheSullyMonster
04-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I'd take CP3 or Deron for Kobe in a year or two, and think about it now. A top tier point guard, setting up those bigs? Scary. And neither player is too shabby in getting their own shot off, as well.

mogrovejo
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Fortunately, you don't need to worry: nobody in his right mind would trade Deron Williams, Paul, Roy, Howard, Durant or Wade for a 32 years old declining Kobe Bryant. So, you're pretty safe.

DazedAndConfused
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
His finger is pretty jacked up. He needs surgery badly.

Lest we forget the season he was having before his finger problems started.

namlook
04-05-2010, 01:53 AM
His finger is pretty jacked up. He needs surgery badly.

Lest we forget the season he was having before his finger problems started.

Exactly. Kobe is not done by a long shot.

Baseline
04-05-2010, 02:24 AM

Dude, thank you for saving me the trouble of illuminating this point about Bryant's "injuries." Please. It has happened for about ten years now after a couple of 5-21, 8-26 games. Today he was 8-24 and was grossly outplayed by a guy with a bald spot. So oviously he's injured now.

Every ounce and every inch of Bryant's career is calculated to make him out as a hero. When in reality, he's just a selfish dude - if not a sociopath - who is pretty good at putting the ball in the hole on given nights, as long as he gets a ton of attempts.

The bald spot guy can not only score the ball - and mind you, while the entire Laker team is trying to stop him - but he can make plays ofr others at a level Bryant could never dream of reaching.

It's sad, really. If Bryant doesn't play like a hero and hit a bunch of shots, he's injured. But there's another guy who doesn't care if he gets even one shot attempt as long as his team wins.

He's not wearing purple and gold. But if you look on the other side of the court, the guy with a bald spot - Number 20 - he's the hero. And his name is Manu Ginobili.

ezau
04-05-2010, 02:40 AM
The thing about Kobe is you don't have to double-team him anymore. that's what the Spurs did and Kobe can no longer beat teams on his own. Right now, it's pretty obvious that Gasol is the Lakers' best player. He's more efficient and he'll command the double team more. Just like one poster said, this is the last year that he'll be the Lakers' top guy

mookie2001
04-05-2010, 05:10 AM
No he won't

KidCongo
04-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Damn guess his finger wont ever heal if he's falling off a cliff.

picc84
04-05-2010, 08:53 AM
He's already fallen off a hill. Its almost painful to see him sometimes this season, remembering what he used to look like. 2002, 2003, and 2006 Kobe make this guy look like a scrub. He still has nights where he dominates and looks like the best player, but they are few and far in-between now as opposed to a nightly occurrence.

If it wasn't for the loyalty factor, I would be opposed to the terms of his extension. Its too much considering in 3 years he'll be a shell of even this version of himself.

However, its a testament to how good he is and how good his work ethic and preparation is that he can remain a top 5 player 13 years after entering the NBA. Most guys at this point are an afterthought.

djohn2oo8
04-05-2010, 08:57 AM
He's already fallen off a hill. Its almost painful to see him sometimes this season, remembering what he used to look like. 2002, 2003, and 2006 Kobe make this guy look like a scrub. He still has nights where he dominates and looks like the best player, but they are few and far in-between now as opposed to a nightly occurrence.

If it wasn't for the loyalty factor, I would be opposed to the terms of his extension. Its too much considering in 3 years he'll be a shell of even this version of himself.

However, its a testament to how good he is and how good his work ethic and preparation is that he can remain a top 5 player 13 years after entering the NBA. Most guys at this point are an afterthought.

See. The curious case of Tracy McGrady....It's just sad to see someone go from a really good player, to average all because of a lack of work ethic

ambchang
04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
You guys are crazy, Kobe will score 2,500 per season for the next 6 season, and become the first player in NBA history to break 40K points. You heard it here first.

picc84
04-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Tmac was ravaged by injuries. It wasnt just work ethic. They really hit him hard.

picc84
04-05-2010, 09:06 AM
It makes me proud that even after CLEARLY declining, arguably substantially, he's still a top player in the league. The work and prep behind that is part of why I admire him and cheer him on, even if no one else wants to.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Ginobili is a year older and can still dominate. So I think Kobe will be fine.

However, Kobe has a lot of miles on him. I think the Lakers would benefit from regulating his minutes throughout the regular season. There's no point in having him play 40 mpg every single game.
He's also been fairly lucky, injury wise. As players get older, it takes them longer to heal and get back in game shape. So I think it's in the Lakers and Kobe's best interest to minimize the possibility of something like that happening.

ChrisRichards
04-05-2010, 09:47 AM
If Kobe wants to remain elite for the next 3 yrs then he should forget about scoring that many baskets and focus on the better part of his game that could immensely help his team right now. And that is PLAYMAKING. He's no longer the offensive player he used to be so he should just forget about aiming to score 30-40 points a night.

He should stick with 16 shots a game and dish out 8-9 assists per contest and I think Kobewill have a far better chance of remaining in MVP talks rather than shooting 23 times a game.

BRHornet45
04-05-2010, 09:54 AM
sons I have said this before and will say it again ... MARK MY WORDS ... If Kobe Bryant plays for at least another 5 years, he will finish with a career field goal percentage of UNDER .400%. He has always been a below average shooter and is currently at .454% for his career. Five years from now I am predicting his field goal percentage to be in the area of .380-.395%.

oh but sons don't worry. He will continue to average at least 20 points per game due to free throws. the NBA will take notice of his declining shooting accuracy and will increase his amount of free points per game to make up for it.

in2deep
04-05-2010, 09:58 AM
something is bothering him. He looks grimacing after every play.

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
something is bothering him. He looks grimacing after every play.

That's just his "scowl"..there's no joy in Kobeville..

ChickHearnMic
04-05-2010, 12:38 PM
hahahhaha threads like this reminds me why I hardly go on forums nowadays.

Lakers and Spurs are clearly the two most dominant basketball franchises these past 2 decades.

Mostly hate from any side is clearly in denial and insecure .
Reeking with pure desperation.

RESPECT
http://lakers.topbuzz.com/gallery/d/2211-4/kobe-tim-duncan-full_getty-71796446ab001_spurs_lakers_3_57_31_pm.jpg

milkshakeballa
04-05-2010, 04:15 PM
well...kobe got his NTC so fuck me

mavsfan1000
04-05-2010, 04:25 PM
lol Kobe
lol Lakers
lol Artest.

angelbelow
04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
kobe is untradable now. no ones gonna pay that kicker IN addition to 25million+. It would cripple the chemistry of any contending team.

Bob Lanier
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Lakers and Spurs are clearly the two most dominant basketball franchises these past 2 decades.

lol what

mavsfan1000
04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
hahahhaha threads like this reminds me why I hardly go on forums nowadays.

From North Carolina at guard 6'6 Michael Jordan. :D

ChrisRichards
04-05-2010, 11:29 PM
well...kobe got his NTC so fuck me
:lmao

milkshakeballa
04-06-2010, 02:17 AM
:lmao

LOL serious...

i heard from 2 different and reliable sources that buss hasn't forgiven kobe 100% for his tirade and he wants bron bron bad.

i really thought they would try to make a push for him...at least give themselves the opporutnity.

but that chances were slim to nil...

we will just wait for KD to come right as he enters his prime!

:toast:toast

Muser
04-06-2010, 04:09 AM
LOL serious...

i heard from 2 different and reliable sources that buss hasn't forgiven kobe 100% for his tirade and he wants bron bron bad.

i really thought they would try to make a push for him...at least give themselves the opporutnity.

but that chances were slim to nil...

we will just wait for KD to come right as he enters his prime!

:toast:toast

http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/3377/original/super-cool-story-bro.png?1244744947

TheSullyMonster
04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
sons I have said this before and will say it again ... MARK MY WORDS ... If Kobe Bryant plays for at least another 5 years, he will finish with a career field goal percentage of UNDER .400%. He has always been a below average shooter and is currently at .454% for his career. Five years from now I am predicting his field goal percentage to be in the area of .380-.395%.

oh but sons don't worry. He will continue to average at least 20 points per game due to free throws. the NBA will take notice of his declining shooting accuracy and will increase his amount of free points per game to make up for it.

You can't do math. There is no way in hell he's finishing with a career FG% under .400%.

Have under 40% the last couple years, sure. But to bring his career average down below 40%, he'd have to shoot in the low 20s% for the next 5 years.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/field-goals/sort/fieldGoalPct/qualified/false/order/false

There are only 9 people who shoot under 30% so far this season.:nope

Less than 1/4 of the league shoots under 40%.:lol

rhyputa
04-07-2010, 02:14 AM
Wake me up when playoff starts

namlook
05-28-2010, 03:03 AM
you heard it here first. the mileage will finally catch up to him. he will put up 18 ppg. FALL OFF A CLIFF next season.

Wake me up when playoff starts

Bump. :lmao

33/10/8 on 52% shooting in the WCF.

TheMACHINE
05-28-2010, 03:04 AM
lol

namlook
05-28-2010, 03:08 AM

Bump.

Joe Johnson? :lmao

13/4/4 on 29.8% shooting in the conference semifinals.

Time to euthanize some of these posters.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2010, 03:22 AM
well he has missed two buzzer beaters this pos both times he got bailed out by his teammates and players who couldn't box the fuck out

namlook
05-28-2010, 03:24 AM
well he has missed two buzzer beaters this pos both times he got bailed out by his teammates and players who couldn't box the fuck out

WTF. His team is one win away from the finals again for the third year in a row and Kobe has nearly put up a triple double in the WCF.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2010, 03:26 AM
WTF. His team is one win away from the finals again and Kobe has nearly put up a triple double in the WCF.

so you deny that when he puts it up to end the game you are no longer sure he will make it?

namlook
05-28-2010, 03:27 AM
so you deny that when he puts it up to end the game you are no longer sure he will make it?

No I'm sure he will miss and yes he has fallen off a cliff. :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2010, 03:29 AM
No I'm sure he will miss and yes he has fallen off a cliff. :lol

He's playing the Suns

namlook
05-28-2010, 03:32 AM
He's playing the Suns

Yeah the crappy Suns who SWEPT the 4-time champions Spurs?

He's also playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and an injured knee.

People here were claiming Manu was now better than Kobe.

Manu against the Suns:

0 wins 4 losses

20/8/4 on 41% shooting

Nahtanoj
05-28-2010, 05:13 AM
Yeah the crappy Suns who SWEPT the 4-time champions Spurs?

He's also playing with a broken finger on his shooting hand and an injured knee.

People here were claiming Manu was now better than Kobe.

Manu against the Suns:

0 wins 4 losses

20/8/4 on 41% shooting

lefty
05-28-2010, 08:21 AM
This is why Jackson is leaving L.A next season to coach Lebron

Lakers wont be as dominant and as we ll know, KFC likes to have it the easy way.

He is a pussy

pauls931
05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
This is why Jackson is leaving L.A next season to coach Lebron

Lakers wont be as dominant and as we ll know, KFC likes to have it the easy way.

He is a pussy

I'll probably hang myself if this happens. Phil is a great coach, as long as he has the best player in the league on his team with the best #2 option. But Yeah, I'm looking forwards to LA coming back to earth with the rest of the league to open things up to other teams.

ChrisRichards
05-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Bump.

Joe Johnson? :lmao

13/4/4 on 29.8% shooting in the conference semifinals.

Time to euthanize some of these posters.
I thought I was on your "ignore list"

rhyputa
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM

I told him how dumb you were/would be. :lol

ChrisRichards
05-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Funny how you guys are quoting us when even Laker fans are questioning Kobe as well. :lol

namlook
05-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisRichards http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/nba/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4380052#post4380052)

I told him how dumb you were/would be. :lol

Yes. I still see posts from people on my ignore list if someone else quotes them. Too bad there is no way to filter those out as well, but it's fun to point out how stupid those posts are from time to time so it's not all bad.

Kobe = Joe Johnson?

That's one of the most epic fail comparisons in the history of this board.
Congrats! :toast

Smooth Criminal
05-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Did nobody see the Jazz series and the first four Suns series games? Kobe was tearing shit up. Not to mention he almost had a 30 point triple double, one assist shy.

Smooth Criminal
05-28-2010, 07:27 PM
EDIT: my fault i didn't check to see when the thread began

DPG21920
05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
Kobe is playing ridiculously good in the WCF.