PDA

View Full Version : Manu (in the offseason) - Cavs Fans

Charles Sappa
04-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Maybe the Knicks are not the only ones interested in Manu. Just look at Cleveland Cavaliers Forum:

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=28930&page=8

It was a great mistake not re-sign Manu before :depressed

Mr.Robinson
04-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Maybe the Knicks are not the only ones interested in Manu. Just look at Cleveland Cavaliers Forum:

http://www.realcavsfans.com/showthread.php?t=28930&page=8

It was a great mistake not re-sign Manu before :depressed

No it wasn't.

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 07:34 PM
who cares. he isn't going anywhere.

and he didn't deserve an extension until now... they will get something done.

Fpoonsie
04-04-2010, 07:36 PM
What's with all these threads and their "Holy Shit! The [insert any NBA team here] want Manu! Read/listen to this article/their fans"?

From now, let's just assume ANY TEAM IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would want Manu come the offseason until explicitly stated otherwise.

The Truth #6
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Great to see Manu leading the team. The team has lacked passion all year. With Manu clearly in charge at the moment, I think the team has responded. Not saying Tim and Parker aren't leaders as well, but Manu brings a needed edge. The team had no one this year stepping up as an emotional leader but now for whatever reason it looks like Manu has taken to that role.

He's playing so well I could see someone throw money at him to force our hand, sort of in the way asswipe Pritchard likes to operate.

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Great to see Manu leading the team. The team has lacked passion all year. With Manu clearly in charge at the moment, I think the team has responded. Not saying Tim and Parker aren't leaders as well, but Manu brings a needed edge. The team had no one this year stepping up as an emotional leader but now for whatever reason it looks like Manu has taken to that role.

He's playing so well I could see someone throw money at him to force our hand, sort of in the way asswipe Pritchard likes to operate.

You don't know this...

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 08:20 PM
For better or for worse, I think Manu stays now. The FO knows what he means to the fan base. I just hope he can be physically well most of the time.

He's still a special talent. BTW, if Manu stays, I think TP may get dangled out there next year. If for no other reason than he is still young and could be effective for 4-5 more years. However, the Spurs would need to get a GOOD package to move him. Just keep him if other teams are not offering good draft picks and or younger players. TP can still be a top 20 player in NBA the next few years.

bigfan
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I sure hope is doesnt come down to either Manu or Splitter (but not both).

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I sure hope is doesnt come down to either Manu or Splitter (but not both).

Splitter will have nothing to do with re-signing Manu.

Charles Sappa
04-04-2010, 08:38 PM
From now, let's just assume ANY TEAM IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would want Manu come the offseason until explicitly stated otherwise.

You are right, not with the intention of offending anyone.

I like to see the forums of the teams that have a chance to win the championship.

I hope Tony gets in shape for the playoffs. We will not win without his game.

greyforest
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Splitter will have nothing to do with re-signing Manu.

You are incorrect in multiple ways.

1. Manu will be more likely to play on a better team.
2. Splitter's potential salary directly affects Manu's salary and anyone else who signs with the Spurs this offseason.

BackHome
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
For better or for worse, I think Manu stays now. The FO knows what he means to the fan base. I just hope he can be physically well most of the time.

He's still a special talent. BTW, if Manu stays, I think TP may get dangled out there next year. If for no other reason than he is still young and could be effective for 4-5 more years. However, the Spurs would need to get a GOOD package to move him. Just keep him if other teams are not offering good draft picks and or younger players. TP can still be a top 20 player in NBA the next few years.

Yeah, if they can pull off a trade and get a good player and or draft picks then I would do it. We need more help at Center/SF then we currently do at PG and Hill is a much cheaper option to keep at PG with Tony's contract up in 2011.

I would also love for us to get rid of Jefferson if at all possible..if not his expiring contract should come in handy.

DJ Mbenga
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
if he's wiling to take the MLE why wouldnt he just stay at SA or at least go to a team that is in the west like LA.

nkdlunch
04-04-2010, 09:19 PM
it was definitely a mistake not to sign manu.

anybody who deny it is dumb ass homer

Charles Sappa
04-04-2010, 10:14 PM
nkdlunch i like your sign! :lol