PDA

View Full Version : According to ESPN

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Eagles agreed to trade Mcnabb to the Redskins. It was just shown on the bottom of the screen saying breaking news.

smahmood26
04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
just beat me to it

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 07:20 PM
The Eagles dealt with a division rival? WTF! I am stunned.

Bigzax
04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
holy shit! i thought that was just a silly rumor! :wow

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5055346

Bigzax
04-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Mcnabb to Redskins for 2nd-rd pick this year and either a 3 or 4 next year depending on certain conditions.
less than 10 seconds ago via web

i don't like losing the 2nd rounder...hope this turns out well...

Sisk
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM
wtf? didn't expect this at all

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 07:27 PM
The Skins also keep their first round pick

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 07:28 PM
Looks like the NFC East comes down to the Cowboys and Giants. Eagles are going south and I am never sold on Washington.

jack sommerset
04-04-2010, 07:29 PM
Redskins are clear favorites to get to Super Bowl now!

djohn2oo8
Philadelphia are fucking retards.....their fans too

bostonguy
Redskins are clear favorites to get to Super Bowl now!

:lmao:lmao:lmao

JudynTX
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
:wow

:D I wish him well.

Bigzax, good luck to your Redskins. :tu

redskinfan
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
championship!!!

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 07:57 PM
Both teams get worse. Skins have three injury prone runners and a lousy O-Line. Donovan will be running for his life.

The Eagles organization does not show (for better or for worse) any loyalty to its players. They will get rid of you once you get over 30 years of age. That is why (in my opinion) they have not won a championship since the early 1960s.

florige
04-04-2010, 07:59 PM
holy shit! i thought that was just a silly rumor! :wow

You guys made out in this deal. Mcnabb is still damn good. TONS better than that scrub Campbell.

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
You guys made out in this deal. Mcnabb is still damn good. TONS better than that scrub Campbell.

Yeah but with what run game/offensive line? Hell his wideouts are a downgrade compared to what he had in Philly. Typical of the Skins. Get big names and produce the same average results.

bostonguy
04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Both teams get worse. Skins have three injury prone runners and a lousy O-Line. Donovan will be running for his life.

The Eagles organization does not show (for better or for worse) any loyalty to its players. They will get rid of you once you get over 30 years of age. That is why (in my opinion) they have not won a championship since the early 1960s.

Eagles believe that Kolb is an Aaron Rodgers type.

gaKNOW!blee
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM

They're wrong.

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM

Kolb played in a spread offense in college (at the U of H). He is an OK player but he won't be Aaron Rodgers next year. McNabb would be the best QB for them next year.

This is a way for the front office in Philadelphia to scape goat McNabb and then have the excuse of "we're getting younger and rebuilding" to the nut job eagles fanbase. This keeps the heat off of Reid a little bit if things go south next year.

The Redskins just grasp at straws.

monosylab1k
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Eagles will win 4 games or less next season.

Redskins probably won't be that great even with McNabb tbh. They're sorely lacking in talent in a lot of different areas. He would have had more success with a team like the Raiders, who although being shitty, have tremendous talent on the team that just needs to be brought together. McNabb could have done that in Oakland.

gaKNOW!blee
04-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Eagles will win 4 games or less next season.

Redskins probably won't be that great even with McNabb tbh. They're sorely lacking in talent in a lot of different areas. He would have had more success with a team like the Raiders, who although being shitty, have tremendous talent on the team that just needs to be brought together. McNabb could have done that in Oakland.

I don't think they make the playoffs, but that might be a little over the top.

LakerHater
04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Eagles trade McNabb to Redskins

Philadelphia traded Donovan McNabb to Washington for two draft picks

Kevin Kolb, who has started two games in three seasons, becomes the starter

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2010/football/nfl/04/04/mcnabb.skins.ap/d.jpg
Donovan McNabb led the Eagles to five NFC championship games and one Super Bowl in 11 seasons in Philadelphia.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Donovan McNabb is changing uniforms and staying in the NFC East.
The Philadelphia Eagles traded McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a pair of draft picks on Sunday night. The Eagles will receive a second-round pick (37th overall) in this month's NFL draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year.
"Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for this team," Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. "He truly embodied all of the attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He has been an excellent representative of this organization and the entire National Football League both on and off the field. I look forward to honoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all-time and hopefully see him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day."
ESPN.com was the first to report that the 33-year-old McNabb had been traded.
McNabb, a six-time Pro Bowl quarterback, led the Eagles to five NFC championship games and one Super Bowl in 11 seasons in Philadelphia. His failure to lead the team to its first NFL championship since 1960 plus the emergence of Kevin Kolb made him expendable.
McNabb, the No. 2 overall pick in the 1999 draft, is the franchise's career leader in passing yards, touchdown passes, pass attempts, and completions.
Kolb, who has started two games in three seasons, becomes the starter. Michael Vick is the backup.
"This was a very tough decision," coach Andy Reid said. "Donovan McNabb represented everything a football player could be during his 11 seasons in Philadelphia. He carried this organization to new heights and set a high standard of excellence both on and off the field. We thank him for everything he did for this football team and for this city."
McNabb threw for 3,553 yards and 22 touchdowns with 10 interceptions in 14 games last season, leading the Eagles to the playoffs. His passer rating of 92.9 was the third-highest in his career.
But McNabb played poorly in a loss to Dallas in Week 17 that cost Philadelphia a division title and a first-round bye. He also struggled in a loss to the Cowboys the following week in the wild-card game.
Reid said immediately after the season that McNabb would return in 2010. Reid repeated that several times throughout the offseason until acknowledging last month the team was listening to offers for all three of its QBs.
"Donovan is the ultimate professional," Eagles president Joe Banner said. "He has an incredible work ethic and has been an integral part of our success. Over the years, Donovan has always carried himself with a great deal of dignity. He's an excellent role model for young men and women from across the region. In my mind, he'll always be remembered as one of the greatest Eagles of all time."

Harry Callahan
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm glad McNabb's last memory as an Eagle was looking up at the ceiling of Cowboys Stadium from a prone position.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-04-2010, 08:43 PM
The Cardinals could have easily gotten him and needed no time to become a contender again, now QB is a complete question mark for them. Fuck.

florige
04-04-2010, 10:56 PM
Yeah but with what run game/offensive line? Hell his wideouts are a downgrade compared to what he had in Philly. Typical of the Skins. Get big names and produce the same average results.

He is still an upgrade over that asshole Campbell. Portis was carrying them this year until teams figured out they had were NO vertical threat at all and stacked 10 players in the box. They have the 4th pick still. I personally think this will make them drastically better right away. They are not a bad as team as people think. Campbell like Kyle Boller is just THAT BAD.

BanditHiro
04-04-2010, 11:22 PM
He is still an upgrade over that asshole Campbell. Portis was carrying them this year until teams figured out they had were NO vertical threat at all and stacked 10 players in the box. They have the 4th pick still. I personally think this will make them drastically better right away. They are not a bad as team as people think. Campbell like Kyle Boller is just THAT BAD.

campbell was not the problem. they had one of the worse o-lines in the league they still have yet to improve that McNabb is going to get killed since he can't scramble the way he use to before. Portis is made of glass Larry Johnson...Rofl and Wille Parker has become averaged.

crc21209
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM
Why the hell would the Eagles trade him to a division rival? WTF?!?!?

leemajors
04-05-2010, 12:47 AM
who exactly is he supposed to throw to outside of moss?

The Cougar
04-05-2010, 01:32 AM
he's gonna stomp dat ass twice next year

symple19
04-05-2010, 04:56 AM
I think McNabb still has a good bit left in the tank. Alongside Shanahan, he should be very effective. Shanahan also gets a lot out of his offensive lines, so I look for a big improvement there as well as in the running game. We all know what he did in Denver

Eagles? I'm not sold on Kolb. He's capable of putting up numbers, but is he a leader that can win games? I just don't know. Those Skins/Eagles games next year will be must-see TV