PDA

View Full Version : McNabb gets traded.......

smahmood26
04-04-2010, 07:19 PM
To the REDSKINS!!!!!!!!! I just got a text from ESPN. Schefter reports that he was traded to the Skins. Was this a mistake?? I can't find any articles about this anywhere??

LakerHater
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Eagles send McNabb to Redskins

14 minutes ago

By ROB MAADDI AP Sports Writer
PHILADELPHIA(AP)—Donovan McNabb is changing uniforms and staying in the NFC East.
The Philadelphia Eagles traded McNabb to the Washington Redskins for a pair of draft picks on Sunday night. The Eagles will receive a second-round pick (37th overall) in this month’s NFL draft and either a third- or fourth-round pick next year.
“Donovan McNabb was more than a franchise quarterback for this team,” Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie said. “He truly embodied all of the attributes of a great quarterback and of a great person. He has been an excellent representative of this organization and the entire National Football League both on and off the field. I look forward to honoring him as one of the greatest Eagles of all-time and hopefully see him enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton one day.”
ADVERTISEMENT

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2010/04/ipt/1270429470.jpg?x=220&y=220&xc=1&yc=1&wc=220&hc=220&q=100&sig=q3_z6MLPYxxHhFOjQMMlww-- Donovan McNabb battles the Redskins.
(AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

ESPN.com was the first to report that the 33-year-old McNabb had been traded.
McNabb, a six-time Pro Bowl quarterback, led the Eagles to five NFC championship games and one Super Bowl in 11 seasons in Philadelphia. His failure to lead the team to its first NFL championship since 1940 plus the emergence of Kevin Kolb made him expendable.
Kolb, who has started two games in three seasons, becomes the starter. Michael Vick is the backup.
“This was a very tough decision,” coach Andy Reid said. “Donovan McNabb represented everything a football player could be during his 11 seasons in Philadelphia. He carried this organization to new heights and set a high standard of excellence both on and off the field. We thank him for everything he did for this football team and for this city.”
McNabb threw for 3,553 yards and 22 touchdowns with 10 interceptions in 14 games last season, leading the Eagles to the playoffs. His passer rating of 92.9 was the third-highest in his career.
But McNabb played poorly in a loss to Dallas in Week 17 that cost Philadelphia a division title and a first-round bye. He also struggled in a loss to the Cowboys the following week in the wild-card game.
Reid said immediately after the season that McNabb would return in 2010. Reid repeated that several times throughout the offseason until acknowledging last month the team was listening to offers for all three of its QBs.
“Donovan is the ultimate professional,” Eagles president Joe Banner said. “He has an incredible work ethic and has been an integral part of our success. Over the years, Donovan has always carried himself with a great deal of dignity. He’s an excellent role model for young men and women from across the region. In my mind, he’ll always be remembered as one of the greatest Eagles of all time.”

djohn2oo8
04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
To the REDSKINS!!!!!!!!! I just got a text from ESPN. Schefter reports that he was traded to the Skins. Was this a mistake?? I can't find any articles about this anywhere??

its true

jag
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Just saw it on ESPN. WOW they wanted his fruity ass outa there.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Bad move for the skinz if they now pass on a QB.

samikeyp
04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Saturday, Kiper was on the radio talking about Washington going after Colt McCoy in the second round. Maybe this is their plan with McNabb, gives them a vet until they feel Colt (or whomever they draft) is ready. I agree with Vinnie though, they need a QB because McNabb is not a long-term solution.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Saturday, Kiper was on the radio talking about Washington going after Colt McCoy in the second round. Maybe this is their plan with McNabb, gives them a vet until they feel Colt (or whomever they draft) is ready. I agree with Vinnie though, they need a QB because McNabb is not a long-term solution.

That is a good plan to take Colt in the second to bad they don't have a second round pick anymore.

samikeyp
04-04-2010, 10:20 PM
That is a good plan to take Colt in the second to bad they don't have a second round pick anymore.

good point....guess Colt won't be the answer...could be someone else or they could go FA.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
good point....guess Colt won't be the answer...could be someone else or they could go FA.

I totally agree with you though they still need a QB.

Amarelooms
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Why the fuck would any team trade a player to their RIVAL in the same DIVISION??? :elephant

Vinnie_Johnson
04-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Why the fuck would any team trade a player to their RIVAL in the same DIVISION??? :elephant

Well for starters they must not think very much of him. :lol

Udokafan05
04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Damn, Eagles cut lose Westbrook and McNabb in same offseason, never would have imagined that couple years ago.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
04-04-2010, 11:05 PM
The Eagles arent gonna realize how good they had it with McNabb until he is gone

Dr. Gonzo
04-04-2010, 11:08 PM
This deal will have as much impact as the Duante Culpepper deal a few years back.

It's time to think of McNabb as retired. So who thinks he is a hall of famer?

Vinnie_Johnson
04-04-2010, 11:12 PM
This deal will have as much impact as the Duante Culpepper deal a few years back.

HOF? :lmao

leemajors
04-05-2010, 12:44 AM
colt is not anyone's NFL solution.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Clearing the way for the inevitability of UH product Kevin Kolb's HOF career.

DBryant88
04-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Clearing the way for the inevitability of UH product Kevin Kolb's HOF career.

:lmao

Blake
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
colt is not anyone's NFL solution.

I'm not sure who is lesser of an NFL solution.....Kevin Kolb or Colt McCoy.

I'd be surprised if he is not there in the 3rd round for the Skins to take.

djohn2oo8
04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure who is lesser of an NFL solution.....Kevin Kolb or Colt McCoy.

I'd be surprised if he is not there in the 3rd round for the Skins to take.

Colt, b/c any slightly hard hit he takes on the shoulder, he will curl up into the fetal position

NFGIII
04-06-2010, 12:16 AM

Didn't Kiper also say that McNabb would get a 5 million or so bonus if on the roster for next season? Or by a certain date which I think he mentioned but can't remember. If so then that is a pretty strong motive to move him if they think their future is in a different direction. And maybe those two games against the Cowboys may have made them think hard about McNabb staying in Philly?

K-State Spur
04-06-2010, 01:40 PM

Not really. Culpepper basically played on one leg after that injury.

When you look at McNabb's comparables to date in his career (read the Football Outsiders article for a complete list) - nearly every single one of those guys still had good years left in the tank after 33.

Dr. Gonzo
04-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I forgot about Culpepper's knee injury. Please disregard previous analogy.

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Mcnabb is done.