PDA

View Full Version : How we can replace Hill's 13PPG?

Spurs Brazil
04-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I don't think we can get thate from the wings

Manu is already scoring like crazy.

RJ should score 4/5 more pts with Hill out

Mason is ice cold. I don't trust him to score 4 or 5 more per game

Malik shot is not going in. He needs to keep attacking to get some pts.

Bogans won't score more than his 5PPG

Temple is not a scorer at all. I'd rather see Jerrels getting some PT.

Defense will have to win games for us like today. I don't think we'll replace Hill scoring until TP is back.

And another question: who will start in place of Hill?

honestfool84
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM
how serious did they say it is?

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Im guessing Tony comes back for the Memphis game.. Hopefully we can get some solid games out of mason and RJ against sacto and phoenix.

Brazil
04-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Manu will run the point, mason will try to take the scoring load and the backup pg role

Spurs Brazil
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Another big problem: with TP out Hill and Manu were playing PG, Mason was playing PG for 2/3 minutes and very bad.

Manu is playing aroung 34 minutes a game so Mason would have to play 14 minutes at PG. That's a lot.

dbestpro
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM
We had small ball. Maybe its time for big ball.

TimmehC
04-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Dice/Blair/RJ need to step up. But, we're going to miss George's defense even more than his points.

DesignatedT
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
how serious did they say it is?

Looks like he will probably be out until playoffs. nothing official yet but i would be surprised if he came back any sooner.

urunobili
04-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Maybe they will call up Curtis Jerrells?

EricB
replace it by luck.

Not many other places your gonna get more points from.

RJ could use the shots though, love his play right now,.

BackHome
We are going to have to give Manu less minutes so the young kids and Jefferson are going to have to step up. Let's see who takes up the challenge....

LakerHater
04-04-2010, 08:27 PM
What about Jerrells, Temple or (I know hes a 2 but...) Gee?

ohmwrecker
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Bring in Alonzo Gee!
Unfortunately, Mason will get his minutes. Maybe he can play himself out of this slump.

TD 21
04-04-2010, 08:30 PM
The points aren't my biggest concern, the ball handling is. Sure, it's great that Ginobili is scoring at will, but if he has to work so hard to create/finish such a high percentage of the Spurs offense, then they'll be lucky to come out of this upcoming 4-in-5 stretch at .500.

Obviously, Mason will need to play more and Jerrells needs to be called up and play in front of Temple. Also, more of the offense has to be run through Duncan, Jefferson and to a lesser extent, Blair. Play through the post more because play making/dribble penetrating from the perimeter is now down to one guy and his minutes/load he's carrying need to be managed in this upcoming week.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Looks like he will probably be out until playoffs. nothing official yet but i would be surprised if he came back any sooner.

Oh JESUS CHRIST, stab me in the heart already.

bigbendbruisebrother
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
It's time for RJ to step up, but he is still out of position so much that I'm not sure he can do it. When is this guy going to learn the plays? Tim and Manu were on his ass all afternoon today.

robot89
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
so have they said how long Hill is out???

Patrick Davis
04-04-2010, 09:01 PM
They have said he will be out for the rest of the road trip as he is heading back to San Antonio tonight for more tests.

spurs1990
04-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Michael Finley needs to do us a big one and ask Boston for a release.

He does know our offense.

emanueldavidginobili
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM
manu will score fifty if thats what it takes for them to win :)

dbestpro
04-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Mason and Bonner are moe than capable of picking up the offense against the defensive juggernauts of Sacramento, Phx, Memphis and Minnesota. If Denver keeps playing the way the are now you could throw them into the mix, as well. In fact if we can move up just one more game in the loss column on Dallas before the season finale we will actually be playing them for the division championship as we have a better division and conference record than Dallas. A tie of records with SA winning the last game goes to SA.

#2!
04-04-2010, 09:45 PM
It's time for RJ to step up, but he is still out of position so much that I'm not sure he can do it. When is this guy going to learn the plays? Tim and Manu were on his ass all afternoon today.

They were really getting after McDyess during the game as well. Manu yelled at him after he bobbled easy passes, and McDyess needs to respond b/c this is the 2nd game in which I've seen Ginobili calling him out for that same mistake.

And now player after player has gone down with injuries until there are no other options, RJ has to play at a high level for multiple, consecutive games (2 at the most optimistic). His rebounding needs to be at least matching his March total of about 6rpg, and he needs to look for his own shot more often with an aim at getting the rim, and the ft line.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 10:11 PM
They have said he will be out for the rest of the road trip as he is heading back to San Antonio tonight for more tests.

PLEASE GOD LET this go well, hope to hear some good news tomorrow on this here.

Sean Cagney
04-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Mason and Bonner are moe than capable of picking up the offense against the defensive juggernauts of Sacramento, Phx, Memphis and Minnesota. If Denver keeps playing the way the are now you could throw them into the mix, as well. In fact if we can move up just one more game in the loss column on Dallas before the season finale we will actually be playing them for the division championship as we have a better division and conference record than Dallas. A tie of records with SA winning the last game goes to SA.

We can only hope for that there, that would be great! We have to win first though until then, get to that 50 first.

jestersmash
04-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Scoring is the least of our issues. Points can easily be made up by allowing duncan, ginobili to take more shots.

The real issue is, we're fucked right now because we have nobody who can run the point other than ginobili, and we can't have ginobili run the point for 48 minutes.

ffadicted
04-04-2010, 11:28 PM
lol there's no way he's gonna be gone that long..?? Did it say what grade the sprain was?

jhuan16
04-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Just let Mason jerk up 20 three point shot. That'll replace Hill's points.

spurs10
04-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Maybe they will call up Curtis Jerrells?
Just read he scored 26 in a Toros game this weekend.

Dr. Gonzo
04-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Oh JESUS CHRIST, stab me in the heart already.

Dude take it easy.

Sean Cagney
04-05-2010, 12:23 AM
Dude take it easy.

LOL I overreacted over a day of partying from making it to the fantasy finals (Hill was one of my guards who went 4 times next week lol) and the huge win, I thought nothing could go wrong but he got hurt. I was upet, but I was not serious!

JustinJDW
04-05-2010, 12:55 AM
To be honest, I would just say fuck it and rest Manu and Timmy against Sacramento Tuesday, so they both can be ready for Phoenix on Wednesday. Especially since they both played like 40 minutes against the Lakers. That would have Parker, Manu, Timmy and Hill all resting/not playing on Wednesday. Fuck 50 wins. We need to be healthy for the Playoffs.

In the meantime, let RJ go ape shit on Sacramento. We would probably loose, but whatever. We need to be healthy.

jdev82
04-05-2010, 01:14 AM
tim duncan?

SpursFan0728
04-05-2010, 01:25 AM
Mason really has to step up his game now that both Parker and Hill is down. We know what he is capable of doing last year so he really need to shoot the ball with confidence.

This is his last chance to prove his worth as he is going to be a free agent this off season.

Ditty
04-05-2010, 02:01 AM
To be honest, I would just say fuck it and rest Manu and Timmy against Sacramento Tuesday, so they both can be ready for Phoenix on Wednesday. Especially since they both played like 40 minutes against the Lakers. That would have Parker, Manu, Timmy and Hill all resting/not playing on Wednesday. Fuck 50 wins. We need to be healthy for the Playoffs.

In the meantime, let RJ go ape shit on Sacramento. We would probably loose, but whatever. We need to be healthy.

for a team that cant afford to lose anymore games and to avoid the lakers in the first round that would be stupid unless hill plays tuesday(which he wont)

quentin_compson
04-05-2010, 06:54 AM
The scoring isn't the main problem. It's who we have for running the offense (other than Manu, of course) which bothers me. At this point, I'd probably even pick Bonner over Mason Jr. for that task.
But who knows, maybe Roger will respond well to having to play a bigger role. Hell, it almost makes you wish Vaughn was still around.

raspsa
04-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Is it Mason's left or right hand that's injured?

ezau
04-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Hill was still walking when he left for the locker room. I dunno, but I think it isn't serious

in2deep
04-05-2010, 09:48 AM
RJ is gonna have to handle the ball at times. But he ain't no PG.

AFBlue
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Replacing his production is alot less worrisome than replacing his defense and ability to handle the point. I just think there's a pretty monumental fall-off from Hill to his likely replacement, RMJ.

Temple could get some burn and I like his defensive intensity, but I don't know that I trust him to get the ball in the right place and make the right decision down the stretch.

The Spurs just need to hope it's low grade sprain with no ligament damage and get Hill back for the first round.

dbestpro
04-05-2010, 12:03 PM

If you are going to tank a game, do it against the Suns and limit the physical play that Timmy and Manu would face.

exstatic
04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Apparently, Garrett Temple will just fill in fine...

:lol

ace3g
04-06-2010, 11:45 PM
and RJ can score 18 pts, Blair had 13, dice 12

chasky
04-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Garret Temple With 15 and a Corner Three!

EricB
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM

I think guys like Dice and Blair have to step up on the offensive end more than what they've brought lately.

While Blair's points were good, his lack of rebounds is disturbing. Rookie wall maybe, but, he's just not rebounding enough, and should've had more tonight against a small front line.

Spurs Brazil
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM
Apparently, Garrett Temple will just fill in fine...

I NEVER saw that coming but I liked. Temple played great