PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Buss elected to HOF

Mel_13
04-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Los Angeles Lakers owner Jerry Buss has been elected to the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame, multiple sources within the organization confirmed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5055075

Overdue and well-deserved.

Harry Callahan
04-06-2010, 06:05 AM
I don't think he really contributed to the game of basketball to the extent of being put up there with all time great players and basketball people making basketball decisions.

LA already had Kareem Abdul Jabbar (a Multiple MVP already) as well as the first pick in the draft in 79 by way of a trade with the Jazz (the outstanding Gail Goodrich trade - I know, most of you don't even know who that is). LA drafted some guy named Magic with the pick. Norman Nixon, Keith ("Jamaal") Wilkes and other top notch players were already there.

No doubt he's been a great owner and provided the Lakers what they've needed, but I don't think he's a HOFer. I do give him credit for generally hiring good management people and staying out of the way.

It's also gross that he offered up his daughter to one of his employees a few years ago. I couldn't resist that cheap shot. Just a joke.

Pistons < Spurs
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
WojYahooNBA

After Magic Johnson saw Detroit's Bill Davidson inducted, he quietly began campaigning key people on L.A. owner Jerry Buss' Hall candidacy.