at Dallas

Portland:

vs. Dallas
at LA Lakers
vs. Zombie Sonics (B2B)
vs. Golden State

Findog
04-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Mavs game @ Portland is probably their season. I think it's reasonably safe to assume they'll beat Memphis, Sacramento and the Clippers. If they beat Portland, then the Spurs can't catch them for the division title. And having won out, I don't think Utah could catch them either - I think the Jazz will lose to Houston if the Rockets don't completely sit their top players. A win against Portland would also be a big confidence boost going into the playoffs - evidence that they can win big games when they absolutely need them.

Lose to Portland, and they open the door to the Spurs overtaking them for the division. If the Mavs are only one up in the loss column going into the regular season finale and the Spurs beat Memphis this week, then that game is for the division title. Spurs I think have the first tie breaker after a split of the season series. Good thing they still have to go play @ Phoenix and @ Denver.

timvpimp
04-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Mavs have the easily vestige in my humble point of view. Only one B2B and the only game Mavs may struggle to win is that against Blazers, given that Clippers and Queens are so weak, and that Grzzlies have never got a clue about coping with Mavs (take the 1st round sweep in 06 for example). Spurs are the best among the 5 teams the Mavs are going to confront in regular season but the Mavs are seemingly the exact nemesis to Spurs, so at least the Mavs should hold a 70% odd of winning this game.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Lose to Portland, and they open the door to the Spurs overtaking them for the division.

This was unthinkable just 3 weeks ago. That said, I suspect the Spurs are going to have a hard time replacing Hill production while Tony is out (probably another week), so they might not be able to catch the Mavs at this stage.

timvpimp
04-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Mavs game @ Portland is probably their season. I think it's reasonably safe to assume they'll beat Memphis, Sacramento and the Clippers. If they beat Portland, then the Spurs can't catch them for the division title. And having won out, I don't think Utah could catch them either - I think the Jazz will lose to Houston if the Rockets don't completely sit their top players. A win against Portland would also be a big confidence boost going into the playoffs - evidence that they can win big games when they absolutely need them.

Lose to Portland, and they open the door to the Spurs overtaking them for the division. If the Mavs are only one up in the loss column going into the regular season finale and the Spurs beat Memphis this week, then that game is for the division title. Spurs I think have the first tie breaker after a split of the season series. Good thing they still have to go play @ Phoenix and @ Denver.
Exactly my points except that about Blazers. Comparably the game against Spurs is more decisive than the Blazers game in my honest opinion, and I don't think the game against Blazers is one game Mavs can't afford to lose. At least Mavs have 3 of the remaining 5 games guaranteed won, so the final result would be 4-1 if the Mavs managed to beat Spurs supposedly. I think beating Spurs will be a biggest confidence boost than beating any team and the Mavs are deft in dealing with Spurs, 4-1 is my prediction (with the game against blazers counted as a loss) and I believe the Mavs will get the job done unless their choking syndrome relapses again.

Findog
04-05-2010, 09:34 AM
This was unthinkable just 3 weeks ago. That said, I suspect the Spurs are going to have a hard time replacing Hill production while Tony is out (probably another week), so they might not be able to catch the Mavs at this stage.

Yeah, if the Spurs beat Memphis and are only 1 back in the loss column going into the regular-season finale, then that game is for the division. I think first tie breaker after season series (which would be 2-2) is record against the division. San Antonio is a game ahead of Dallas and would remain so if they beat Memphis.

Ghazi
04-05-2010, 10:40 AM
best case scenario for the Mavs: Nuggets/JAzz/Mavs all go 4-1 to finish the regular season, Mavs win 3 way tiebreaker and get the 2 seed.

Mavs finished the regular season strong last year winning 5 of their last 6, God willing they finish strong again this year.

Spurs are the least desirable first round opponent IMO. I know OKC/Portland haven't done too badly against us this regular season, but those teams just dont strike fear into me for some reason.

Ghazi
04-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Given the Mavs tendencies, I don't think it's safe to assume any of the remaining games are wins. :lol

Findog
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Given the Mavs tendencies, I don't think it's safe to assume any of the remaining games are wins. :lol

If they can't beat the Cubs at home, or the Kings and Clippers, then any talk of what they will do in the playoffs is a moot point.

Findog
04-05-2010, 12:54 PM
best case scenario for the Mavs: Nuggets/JAzz/Mavs all go 4-1 to finish the regular season, Mavs win 3 way tiebreaker and get the 2 seed.

Mavs finished the regular season strong last year winning 5 of their last 6, God willing they finish strong again this year.

Spurs are the least desirable first round opponent IMO. I know OKC/Portland haven't done too badly against us this regular season, but those teams just dont strike fear into me for some reason.

At this point and how badly the Mavs are playing, who do you want? Before Saturday I said the Zombie Sonics because of their lack of playoff experience,and then they went out and took a Hot Carl on us at the AAC.

I'm guessing I would still take them because Durant is mortal against us...and my least desirable opponent is the Spurs, because I don't want bragging rights in the rivalry swinging back to their mouthbreather fans.

The Cougar
04-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Spurs I think have the first tie breaker after a split of the season series. Good thing they still have to go play @ Phoenix and @ Denver.

both coming on back to backs, and Sacramento can beat them as well Anyone can beat them they lost to the fucking nets

Findog
04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
both coming on back to backs, and Sacramento can beat them as well Anyone can beat them they lost to the fucking nets

Lose to the Nets and curbstomp the Lakers on the road. Makes perfect sense to me!

Ghazi
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Thunder would be the ideal opponent. Dirk routinely scorches them, Mavs #1 defense against the SF position... westbrook seems like a load but he didn't really go off on the Mavs this year and isn't a great finisher in the painted area.

Home court + veteran experience advantage too. Mavs have outexecuted the Thunder in crunch time in 3 of the 4 meetings this year, Saturday was another example its just the Mavs hole was too deep.

I dont put much stock into that Saturday game. Just the Mavs not playing well rather than Thunder exposing some mismatches. Kidd's blocks that could've been charges and Marion's injury were factors too that easily could've swayed the outcome.

Findog
04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Thunder would be the ideal opponent. Dirk routinely scorches them, Mavs #1 defense against the SF position... westbrook seems like a load but he didn't really go off on the Mavs this year and isn't a great finisher in the painted area.

Home court + veteran experience advantage too. Mavs have outexecuted the Thunder in crunch time in 3 of the 4 meetings this year, Saturday was another example its just the Mavs hole was too deep.

I dont put much stock into that Saturday game. Just the Mavs not playing well rather than Thunder exposing some mismatches. Kidd's blocks that could've been charges and Marion's injury were factors too that easily could've swayed the outcome.

The two bogus calls on Kidd put him in foul trouble and he sat during the 2nd Quarter when the Zombies took control of the game. Marion's injury meant more PT for Terry. And it's clear that the effort wasn't good enough. The Zombies will be a load in the playoffs for any team that they play, but I wouldn't write us off against them based on Saturday's game.

tlongII
04-05-2010, 01:23 PM
Our best matchup would be the Mavs, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen. We've got 3 guys that can cover Dirk so they would be in trouble.

Findog
Both Hill and Parker are out Wednesday versus Phoenix. Go Suns!

Xylus
Phoenix Suns:

vs. San Antonio
at Zombie Sonics
vs. Houston
vs. Denver
at Utah (B2B)

3-2

The Suns will beat the Spurs, Rockets, and Nuggets; lose to the Thunder and Jazz. The Spurs and Nuggets will both be on back-to-backs when they face Phoenix (in Phoenix). Not a good situation for an opposing team. The Thunder are on a roll right now, and the Jazz game is in Utah and the Suns are on a back-to-back for that one.

Findog
04-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Our best matchup would be the Mavs, but I'm not holding my breath for it to happen. We've got 3 guys that can cover Dirk so they would be in trouble.

:lol

You're better off arguing that the Miller-Roy back court is too much for us to handle.

The Cougar
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Phoenix Suns:

vs. San Antonio
at Zombie Sonics
vs. Houston
vs. Denver
at Utah (B2B)

3-2

The Suns will beat the Spurs, Rockets, and Nuggets; lose to the Thunder and Jazz. The Spurs and Nuggets will both be on back-to-backs when they face Phoenix (in Phoenix). Not a good situation for an opposing team. The Thunder are on a roll right now, and the Jazz game is in Utah and the Suns are on a back-to-back for that one.

True, but Manu loves to toast your team at home

Xylus
04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
True, but Manu loves to toast your team at home

True, but we all know how the Spurs play on back-to-backs.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:34 PM
True, but we all know how the Spurs play on back-to-backs.

Ask Durant...

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM

No Gino against the Nets...

Xylus
04-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Ask Durant...

Why, when I can ask Brook Lopez?

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:39 PM
The two bogus calls on Kidd put him in foul trouble and he sat during the 2nd Quarter when the Zombies took control of the game. Marion's injury meant more PT for Terry. And it's clear that the effort wasn't good enough. The Zombies will be a load in the playoffs for any team that they play, but I wouldn't write us off against them based on Saturday's game.

I'm not sold you want to face a guy that is a shooter who can get super hot. I mean, Durant is almost a lock for 40 ppg these days. Much easier to take on a team like Portland who has a one trick pony in Roy, and simply cannot elevate his game that much.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Why, when I can ask Brook Lopez?

We beat the zombie sonics on a back to back... and you sure can't ask Brook Lopez about Manu... you can ask his brother about him torching the Suns though...

Findog
04-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm not sold you want to face a guy that is a shooter who can get super hot. I mean, Durant is almost a lock for 40 ppg these days. Much easier to take on a team like Portland who has a one trick pony in Roy, and simply cannot elevate his game that much.

Not against us he isn't. He shot like 8-21 on Saturday, and that was with Butler on him instead of Marion. Just look up the splits, Marion has had great games against the top wing scorers this year. Melo has sucked against us twice in three tries, Durant has been mortal, Kobe has shot inefficiently. Marion has lost some of his hops, but he can still play defense.

Xylus
04-05-2010, 01:45 PM
We beat the zombie sonics on a back to back... and you sure can't ask Brook Lopez about Manu... you can ask his brother about him torching the Suns though...

I don't think Manu's ever "torched" us while Robin Lopez has been in a Suns uniform.

Parker and Duncan have been the Suns' biggest problems for the last few years, not Manu.

Findog
04-05-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't think Manu's ever "torched" us while Robin Lopez has been in a Suns uniform.

Parker and Duncan have been the Suns' biggest problems for the last few years, not Manu.

Manu's been playing out of his freaking mind lately, but both Hill and Parker are out Wednesday.

Go Suns!

Xylus
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
I know how Manu's been playing. I'm a big fan of Ginobili.

But Spurfan is acting like the Spurs are a great back-to-back team, which simply isn't true.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Not against us he isn't. He shot like 8-21 on Saturday, and that was with Butler on him instead of Marion. Just look up the splits, Marion has had great games against the top wing scorers this year. Melo has sucked against us twice in three tries, Durant has been mortal, Kobe has shot inefficiently. Marion has lost some of his hops, but he can still play defense.

I have to say I haven't seen Marion on him, so I'll take your word for it. In all honesty though, it's hard to know what Durant is going to look like in his first playoffs. If he manages to elevate his game some more, you might have a handful, and that's mostly where I'm coming from. I honestly don't think Marion is anything special defensively. On the other hand, you have a sample from Roy last season, and you know what you're getting into.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:51 PM
I know how Manu's been playing. I'm a big fan of Ginobili.

But Spurfan is acting like the Spurs are a great back-to-back team, which simply isn't true.

I'm not saying we're 'great' back to back, but outside of the Nets game, where our current best player didn't play, we've been playing pretty good on back-to-backs. Beating playoffs teams on the road and what not.

I don't know what kind of impact we're going to have without Hill. I'm just saying that our demise on back to backs have been fairly exaggerated.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM

Well, he tied Duncan with Spurs-best 21 points in the last game. And he wasn't even playing this well back then.

Side question: Is Robin still injured? I haven't kept up with the Suns lately.

Xylus
04-05-2010, 01:57 PM
The Spurs are 2-5 on back-to-backs against playoff teams (including eastern conference teams) this year. Both wins were against Oklahoma City, interestingly enough.

That's not horrible, actually, but the Spurs haven't had a very difficult back-to-back schedule this year.

Xylus
04-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Well, he tied Duncan with Spurs-best 21 points in the last game. And he wasn't even playing this well back then.

Side question: Is Robin still injured? I haven't kept up with the Suns lately.

Robin is still out. He's scheduled to be re-evaluated in a week, which will determine whether he's ready for the playoffs, or if he'll need some kind of surgery. If he misses the playoffs, the Suns are F-U-C-K-E-D.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Robin is still out. He's scheduled to be re-evaluated in a week, which will determine whether he's ready for the playoffs, or if he'll need some kind of surgery. If he misses the playoffs, the Suns are F-U-C-K-E-D.

Good luck with that. I hope we can get a full roster for the playoffs ourselves.

Findog
04-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Los Angeles Lakers:

at Denver
at Minnesota (B2B)
vs. Portland
vs. Sacramento
at LA Clippers (B2B)

Denver Nuggets:

vs. LA Lakers (B2B)
vs. San Antonio
vs. Memphis
at Phoenix (B2B)

Dallas Mavericks:

at Portland
at Sacramento (B2B)
at LA Clippers
vs. San Antonio

Utah Jazz:

at New Orleans
at Golden State
vs. Phoenix (B2B)

Zombie Sonics:

vs. Phoenix
at Golden State
at Portland (B2B)
vs. Memphis

Phoenix Suns:

at Zombie Sonics
vs. Houston
vs. Denver
at Utah (B2B)

San Antonio:

vs. Memphis
at Denver (B2B)
vs. Minnesota
at Dallas

Portland:

vs. Dallas
at LA Lakers
vs. Zombie Sonics (B2B)
vs. Golden State

pauls931
04-08-2010, 12:09 AM
Los Angeles Lakers:

at Denver
at Minnesota (B2B)
vs. Portland
vs. Sacramento
at LA Clippers (B2B)

:rollin

Girasuck
04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
We're still gonna end up as the 2 seed. We win our last 3 games, Denver goes 2-2 (which could easily happen), Dallas only has to lose 1 game cause we own the tiebreaker, and as long as we beat Phoenix on the final day it doesn't matter how many more games they win. That gives us the division title and the 2 seed.

Ashy Larry
04-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Los Angeles Lakers:

at Denver
at Minnesota (B2B)
vs. Portland
vs. Sacramento
at LA Clippers (B2B)

Lakers actually have a chance of going into the playoffs with some sort of momentum ... a nice four game winning streak, possibly five.

Ashy Larry
04-08-2010, 10:29 AM
:rollin

even with me being a Lakers fan, I can see our squad have an obvious advantage. Practically every road game in California is a home game. There are no excuses.

Hell, it's damn near a home game when they play in Phoenix.

Muser
04-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Spurs ceiling is 3-1. Chalk up the Denver game as a loss. Memphis could be a problem not worried about the pups. Dallas will be a huge game for both teams, so I expect a pretty close one.

noob cake
04-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Suns about to get raped on a four game losing streak. Lakers with their usual easy schedule.

JustBlaze
04-08-2010, 12:15 PM
Denver Nuggets:

vs. LA Lakers (B2B) L
vs. San Antonio W
vs. Memphis W
at Phoenix (B2B) A big fat AL

Findog
04-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Spurs ceiling is 3-1. Chalk up the Denver game as a loss. Memphis could be a problem not worried about the pups. Dallas will be a huge game for both teams, so I expect a pretty close one.

San Antonio is three back in the loss column now, so I doubt that game is for the division. Still, Dallas will probably be fighting for the 2 seed and San Antonio for the right to avoid the Lakers. It'll probably mean a lot to both teams, just different things.

oh crap
04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
i can see okc riding a 4 game win streak into the playoffs

Xylus
04-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Suns about to get raped on a four game losing streak. Lakers with their usual easy schedule.

The Suns will win at least 2 of the last 4 games.

@OKC - Could go either way
Houston - W
Denver - W
@Utah (B2B) - L

urunobili
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
The Suns will win at least 2 of the last 4 games.

@OKC - L
Houston - W
Denver - L
@Utah (B2B) - L

Fixed

Xylus
04-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Fixed

The Suns are beating Denver on the 13th. Guaransheed.

Findog
04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Los Angeles Lakers:

vs. Sacramento
at LA Clippers (B2B)

Denver Nuggets:

vs. Memphis
at Phoenix (B2B)

Dallas Mavericks:

at LA Clippers
vs. San Antonio

Utah Jazz:

at Golden State
vs. Phoenix (B2B)

Zombie Sonics:

at Portland (B2B)
vs. Memphis

Phoenix Suns:

vs. Denver
at Utah (B2B)

San Antonio:

vs. Minnesota
at Dallas

Portland:

vs. Zombie Sonics (B2B)
vs. Golden State

Muser
04-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Spurs need a win against the Pups and for other results to go their way. IMO San Antonio will be fighting for the 6th seed in the last game against Dallas, a first round with the Nuggets would be sweet.

Fpoonsie
04-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Spurs need a win against the Pups and for other results to go their way. IMO San Antonio will be fighting for the 6th seed in the last game against Dallas, a first round with the Nuggets would be sweet.

So, is there a possibility of the Mavs playing their last game of the season TO play SA in the POs, while the Spurs play to AVOID them?

Muser
04-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Fuck the Lakers for losing man, FTL.

The Cougar
04-12-2010, 01:39 PM

So, is there a possibility of the Mavs playing their last game of the season TO play SA in the POs, while the Spurs play to AVOID them?

nope, if the scenario goes about as he describes it, which is OKC win tonight/Spurs win tonight. The Spurs will be playing for 6th or 8th. That's on the assumption OKC wins out/Portland beats GS

Fpoonsie
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
nope, if the scenario goes about as he describes it, which is OKC win tonight/Spurs win tonight. The Spurs will be playing for 6th or 8th. That's on the assumption OKC wins out/Portland beats GS

Gotcha.

Thanks. :toast

As long as we avoid the Mavs, I'll be content.

pauls931
04-12-2010, 01:43 PM
Suns need the Jazz to choke, no way they can win in the palace even against the Jazz cheerleaders.

Muser
04-12-2010, 01:44 PM
If it wasn't for a dumbass Dejuan Blair technical the Spurs would have the 6th seed :bang

The Cougar
04-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Gotcha.

if the spurs beat the mavs they could drop to the 3 seed

MavDynasty
04-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Gotcha.

them niggas be dodgin'

Fpoonsie
04-12-2010, 03:12 PM
them niggas be dodgin'

...exactly.

(I think)

Fpoonsie
04-12-2010, 03:13 PM
if the spurs beat the mavs they could drop to the 3 seed

Possibly putting the Spurs in the 6 seed?

Well, fuuuuuuck me.

:bang

DPG21920
04-12-2010, 05:03 PM
So what would it take for the Mavs to fall to the 3rd seed?

MavDynasty
04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
So what would it take for the Mavs to fall to the 3rd seed?

Mavs to lose one of their remaining two games: @ LAC or Home against SAS

Utah would have to win one of their final 2 games or Denver would have to win out