PDA

View Full Version : 12th player?

jiggy_55
04-05-2010, 09:18 AM
So with Parker out a few more games, and Hill out for the next few games AT LEAST (no confirmed time table yet), who do you think Pop will call up as the 12th man? Alonzo Gee and Curtis Jerrels are his options.

The obvious decision would be to activate Curtis, as he is a natural PG who can handle the ball for a few minutes to rest our other players. But he isn't NBA ready and has not played in any NBA game all season I believe.

Gee however, has been tested for 20 days with the Wizards, and has shown great signs of his quality. He's not a PG though, this would likely mean playing Manu, Mason, and possibly Gee or Temple as ball handlers.

So what do you think? Personally, I like the option of Gee. The guy has shown he can play, and could give us a nice boost as well. He is great player and I have high hopes on this kid. Manu and Mason will be primary ball handlers, with Temple or Hairston playing a few minutes as well.

urunobili
04-05-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd love to give Curtis a run... I know the Toros are in the playoffs but we need a scoring PG at least to try to stop Beno and the Kings tomorrow...

Mel_13
04-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Gee has been with the Spurs since he was signed, so no need to call him up. He'll be in uniform until Tony comes back.

Manu and RMJ will share the PG duties. RMJ, Bogans, and Hairston will split about 75 minutes between them.

TJastal
04-05-2010, 10:54 AM
So with Parker out a few more games, and Hill out for the next few games AT LEAST (no confirmed time table yet), who do you think Pop will call up as the 12th man? Alonzo Gee and Curtis Jerrels are his options.

The obvious decision would be to activate Curtis, as he is a natural PG who can handle the ball for a few minutes to rest our other players. But he isn't NBA ready and has not played in any NBA game all season I believe.

Gee however, has been tested for 20 days with the Wizards, and has shown great signs of his quality. He's not a PG though, this would likely mean playing Manu, Mason, and possibly Gee or Temple as ball handlers.

So what do you think? Personally, I like the option of Gee. The guy has shown he can play, and could give us a nice boost as well. He is great player and I have high hopes on this kid. Manu and Mason will be primary ball handlers, with Temple or Hairston playing a few minutes as well.

I'd rather have Jerrels in case some ballhandling is needed. Gee is basically Hairston minus the defense.

jiggy_55
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Gee has been with the Spurs since he was signed, so no need to call him up. He'll be in uniform until Tony comes back.

Manu and RMJ will share the PG duties. RMJ, Bogans, and Hairston will split about 75 minutes between them.

We know he's with the Spurs, however he's on the inactive list. 12 players have been active:

Duncan
Ginobili
Jefferson
Hill
McDyess
Blair
Bonner
Bogans
Mason
Hairston
Temple
Mahinmi

My question is who do you think/prefer from Jerrels or Gee to be active for the next few games?

Mel_13
04-05-2010, 11:34 AM
We know he's with the Spurs, however he's on the inactive list.

My question is who do you think/prefer from Jerrels or Gee to be active for the next few games?

Your OP asked which player would be called up.

I already answered which choice I believe they will make.

jiggy_55
04-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Your OP asked which player would be called up.

I already answered which choice I believe they will make.

Yes, called up as the 12th man. Not called up from the Toros, as I felt you understood me. I meant called up as in activated from the inactive list.

As for the 2nd point, was just making it clear to others what I was asking.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 01:28 PM
The obvious decision would be to activate Curtis, as he is a natural PG who can handle the ball for a few minutes to rest our other players.A natural PG?

No.

If the last game is any indication, Mason and Hairston will be playing more. I don't know how the playoff rules work in the D-League anymore, but it seems that the Spurs could either keep Temple or have him switch places with Jerrells on the Toros.

It'll be interesting to see what the Spurs do with the Toros for the playoffs, as they have a gaping hole at center with Dwayne Jones called up and Eric Dawson hobbled. Can they sign a replacement at this late date? Will Jerrells be called up and/or Temple and/or Gee be sent down? The playoffs start Thursday.