PDA

View Full Version : Jets sign Carter to back up Pennington at QB

Jimcs50
08-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Jets sign Carter to back up Pennington at QB
Story Tools: Print Email
Associated Press
Posted: 28 minutes ago

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - Quarterback Quincy Carter signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets on Tuesday, three weeks after his surprising release by Dallas.

Carter, who started every game for the Cowboys last season, was released Aug. 4, before the team's first exhibition game. Reports said he failed a drug test and the NFL Players Association has filed a request for arbitration in the case.
Countdown to 2004 kickoff
Leading up to the start of the 2004 season, we will bring you the scoop on every team in the land. Click here to find out when we visit your favorite team.

DuffMcCartney
08-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Good for Quincy, always had faith in him since he came out of Georgia.

SAmikeyp
08-24-2004, 06:06 PM
also in the football forum.

Tommy Duncan
08-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Ugh. Well, he has "experience"...

T Park Num 9
08-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Why,

just curious.

Is a guy, whos flunked 3 drug tests.

Allowed to play, or eligible to play.

The latest violation, cocaine.

:Q

T Park Num 9
08-24-2004, 07:05 PM
Just saw this.

Herman Edwards said to the media, "If any of you have not made a mistake stand up. Dont you believe in second chances?"

Now herman, your a great coach, great football mind,
but.

HES FAILED THREE COUNT EM THREE TESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last i checked thats
1, uh, 2, uhhhhhh 3.

uhmmmmmm thats 3 chances.

Not two Herman.

Great football coach. Not a good math person.

Spurminator
08-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Actually, I believe he failed 2. Alledgedly.

bigzak25
08-24-2004, 07:14 PM
fairs fair....you guys got vinnie.

s'matta park? you don't believe in 3rd or 4th chances? :p

T Park Num 9
08-24-2004, 07:25 PM
No Zak lol,

Im not a big fan of the Charlie Howe Ideaology.

scott
08-24-2004, 08:03 PM
He's failed two and "sources" have confirmed it was weed, not Coke. Nice try though.

KoriEllis
08-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Im not a big fan of the Charlie Howe Ideaology

Umm.. I assume you mean Steve Howe.

IcemanCometh
08-24-2004, 08:19 PM
woman you don't backtalk tpark.

also i think he means ideology

IcemanCometh
08-24-2004, 10:48 PM
anyways tpark as usual is a fucking moron. this is the first team carters been cut from so this is his 2nd chance. as long as you have talent there will always be a place for you in the league, don't kid yourself about that. even ryan leaf got picked up after he was waived. Fucking Lawrence Phillips was given a multitude of chances, I bet tpark still has one of his jerseys.

SequSpur
08-24-2004, 10:56 PM
I bet tpark still has one of his jerseys.

:rollin :rollin

TastesLikeChicken
08-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Tough break for Q

Weed is more expensive in NY

Jimcs50
08-25-2004, 09:56 AM
The Jets are excited about Carter being the backup....of course, with what they had as backup before, anyone would seem like the 2nd coming of Joe Namath to them. :)

Tommy Duncan
08-25-2004, 10:21 AM
I'm not too excited. Carter's a very good athlete (euphenism for his skillls are less than great).

If Pennington is out then the Jets don't have much of a shot at anything so picking up Carter fails to excite me.

As for Vinny, the Cowboys' offense this year is built around having a smart QB who can control the offense and not do anything stupid. I'm not enthused about him, but he should fit for a season or for however long Parcells wants to go before he starts Henson. Perhaps that will be next season.

SAmikeyp
08-25-2004, 02:08 PM
maybe he was crossing Steve Howe and Charlie Hough.

T Park Num 9
08-25-2004, 02:19 PM
anyways tpark as usual is a fucking moron. this is the first team carters been cut from so this is his 2nd chance. as long as you have talent there will always be a place for you in the league, don't kid yourself about that. even ryan leaf got picked up after he was waived. Fucking Lawrence Phillips was given a multitude of chances, I bet tpark still has one of his jerseys

Im a moron, really, explain how instead of your usual idiotic diatribe black panther.

plus why would i have Lawerence Phillip's jersey?

The guy was a wife beater, and a total pile of crap.

But thats par for the course Ice, in your ooo give him another chance NFL.

The NFL's policy's on drugs, and outside affairs, proboby mirror how you would run things right ICE?

doesnt matter hes a drug head, doesnt matter that he has had other chances to clean up from his drug problem.
Give him another shot, come on.

As for you sequ, your intelligence level in this thread reaches new lows, even smaller than your shoe size so stfu.

Betsy
08-25-2004, 02:34 PM
First of all I don't think Carter was all that good to start with. Add the fact that he can't figure out how to pass a drug test. I'm glad the cowboys dumped him. Parcels doesn't put up with that kind of shit. As for him going to the Jets. That's the Jets own stupidity. They are known for that. :spin

IcemanCometh
08-25-2004, 06:53 PM
tpark don't like you were the biggest phillips fan of all time. you had a lawrence phillips pillow and bedsheet when the rams drafted him.

utsagolfpb
08-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Was that a Charlie Hough reference.
I thought those were over in 1989