PDA

View Full Version : stop chanting MVP while Manu shoots FTs

Creation88
04-05-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story/Manu-Ginobili-says-MVP-chant-makes-it-hard-to/7FnEyPXiTECeKq9-ZzwD3Q.cspx

:king

TDomination
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
“Yeah, I don't like it,” Manu told News 4 WOAI. “First of all because I don't deserve it at all. Of course I feel honored. Our fans, how they support me. How they respect me. But it's hard to go shoot free throws when they are chanting that and I'm not even close.”

Manu totally deserves the chants. BUT, if he began missing ft's because of the chants, then we can stop lol

poop
04-05-2010, 01:46 PM
im sorry but Bullshit, since the all-star break he has been as valuable to our team as anyone to is to any team. he DOES deserve the chants. hes not going to win it, obviously, but still.

JR3
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
im sorry but Bullshit, since the all-star break he has been as valuable to our team as anyone to is to any team. he DOES deserve the chants. hes not going to win it, obviously, but still.

I agree.. he deserves the chants. He is just as valuable to us as anyone else and our record proves it. But if he himself doesn't want it, I would stop chanting it.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2010, 02:28 PM
He deserves it more than Kobe did yesterday shooting free throws in the second quarter being down six and having scored six. At least Kobe fans desperate to make the "as good as MJ" case are committed enough to buy tickets to the games and subject themselves to ridicule trying to start those chants.

kuato
04-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Any videos of the chants ?

MarCowMar
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry Manu no can do. :)

KenMcCoy
04-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Vote for Manu!!!

http://www.nba.com/kiamvpfanvote/

hitmanyr2k
04-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Such a humble player.

rascal
04-05-2010, 06:07 PM

No way does he deserve MVP chants. It is ridiculous and he knows it. It shows homer fans.

Mel_13
04-05-2010, 06:11 PM
It shows homer fans.

Well, that would account for a large percentage of people who pay money to attend their team's home games.

Scola
04-05-2010, 06:15 PM
The crowd loves Manu because he plays w/ Passion & Heart. We all know Lebron wrapped up the award months ago, but they still chant for Manu.

poop
04-05-2010, 06:20 PM
No way does he deserve MVP chants. It is ridiculous and he knows it. It shows homer fans.

i think you are underestimating his value to this team.

as it now stands he is far, far more important than even tim duncan. and thats saying alot.

do you realize that he is our ENTIRE offense? he either scores or sets up something, for probably 75% of the points this team scores.

without him on this team, this spurs team is about a .500 team, with one of the worst offenses in the NBA.
with him, the spurs are beating the shit out of all the best teams. the difference really is that great.

if you can take one player from a team and that teams winning % would immediately drop by about 40% then that player is an MVP candidate, period.

Shaolin-Style
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
He'll deserve it in the finals

rascal
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, that would account for a large percentage of people who pay money to attend their team's home games.

You can attend home games but not be so stupid to think Manu is the MVP of the league, only homer fans think that. When he puts together an entire season like he has the last few weeks and has big stats up there with the league leaders then consider it, but until then your just a homer.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 10:10 PM
I certainly love Manu serving cold crow to the usual haters these days... What's the next excuse, I wonder?

Mel_13
04-05-2010, 10:11 PM
You can attend home games but not be so stupid to think Manu is the MVP of the league, only homer fans think that. When he puts together an entire season like he has the last few weeks and has big stats up there with the league leaders then consider it, but until then your just a homer.

:lol

You're ridiculous and you know it.

Behrooz24
04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
x-10-shun....x-10-shun....x-10-shun....

BWS-1994
04-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Did we just give other teams an idea of what to do when Manu shoots his FT's?

LoneStarState'sPride
04-05-2010, 10:57 PM

LOL

Oh please let somebody be fool enough to make this happen!

tp2021
04-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Who says the fans have to think he's the league MVP to chant that for Manu? Can't they tell him they feel like he's the MVP of their team right now? As far as this season goes, who else gets consideration? Chanting MVP for Tim is redundant anyways. I bet he prefers shooting his flat free throws in silence.

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 11:05 PM

duncan228
04-05-2010, 11:06 PM
I bet he prefers shooting his flat free throws in silence.

ajGambino
04-06-2010, 12:28 AM
i think you are underestimating his value to this team.

as it now stands he is far, far more important than even tim duncan. and thats saying alot.

do you realize that he is our ENTIRE offense? he either scores or sets up something, for probably 75% of the points this team scores.

without him on this team, this spurs team is about a .500 team, with one of the worst offenses in the NBA.
with him, the spurs are beating the shit out of all the best teams. the difference really is that great.

if you can take one player from a team and that teams winning % would immediately drop by about 40% then that player is an MVP candidate, period.

I think you're absolutely right. He seriously is under-rated.