PDA

View Full Version : Manu's Step Back Three

Spurs7794
04-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Why is this move never mentioned amongst other player's signature shots? Timmy's bank shots, Kobe's fadeaway, Dirks off balance jumpers, etc. Its become his defining shot that he almost ALWAYS gets off with no trouble and its devastating, especially at crucial points of games. I didn't even realize how insanely awesome this shot is until I stopped to think if I was not a Spurs fan, watching my team try to defend Manu and knowing he's about to take that shot in a big moment would make me want to vomit.

Who in the league has a better step back three pointer??

DAF86
04-05-2010, 03:26 PM
OkjKxuH-YiE

JR3
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
It's brilliant.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Man, I've tried to pull that shot off in pickup games before, but it takes a LOT of practice. Don't let Manu's effortless walkthru in the above video fool you. Your balance must be impeccable, and of course the quicker the defender, the quicker the release on the shot must be. How he gets this shot off time after time with such deadly accuracy is simply unreal

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
It's a great shot. Jerrells actually does something like that as well.

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
It's a great shot. Jerrells actually does something like that as well.
If that's a joke, it's really funny.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 05:08 PM
If that's a joke, it's really funny.It's not a joke. He....does....something....like....that. Pretty simple. Not saying he's as good as Manu in any way.

Have you seen him play?

Obstructed_View
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
If that's a joke, it's really funny.

You've clearly never watched the kid play. He's got a GREAT step-back jumper.

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 05:16 PM
It's not a joke. He....does....something....like....that. Pretty simple. Not saying he's as good as Manu in any way.

Have you seen him play?

I live in Austin. I've been to more Toros games than Spurs games this year. I guess it's a little similar . . . sort of . . .

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I live in Austin. I've been to more Toros games than Spurs games this year. I guess it's a little similar . . . sort of . . .Well there you go :tu

I will say I saw it much more in the beginning of the season than recently.

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
You've clearly never watched the kid play. He's got a GREAT step-back jumper.

Don't be an ass.

Frenzy
04-05-2010, 05:23 PM
how many players in the nba would watch this and say they never saw it.

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 05:38 PM
How did this thread become a discussion of some D league wanna be?

That's what happens on every thread, and we didn't even need TJastal for this one.

sportan73
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
<3 the beat in the Manu sig. moves videos

Spurs7794
04-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I've tried the move in pickup ball and on the rare occasion it works, theres no chance of the defender getting back. But it is SOOO difficult to regain your balance after taking a long step backwards when just a second ago, you were moving forward.
The fact that Manu gets this shot off, sometimes before the defender has even gotten a hand up, and in crunch time against GREAT defenders is amazing.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
How did this thread become a discussion of some D league wanna be?Jerrells is actually a Spur now. If you stopped flicking your bean for a minute you would know that.

xellos88330
04-05-2010, 07:29 PM
That step-back jumper Manu has is a thing of beauty. The thing that must irritate defenders is that they know its coming, but can't seem to do anything about it.

Deimosfobos
04-05-2010, 07:53 PM
That step-back jumper Manu has is a thing of beauty. The thing that must irritate defenders is that they know its coming, but can't seem to do anything about it.

Well, if you think about it... is impossible to defend, all you can hope for is put pressure in manu and prey he misses really.

ffadicted
04-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Man, I've tried to pull that shot off in pickup games before, but it takes a LOT of practice. Don't let Manu's effortless walkthru in the above video fool you. Your balance must be impeccable, and of course the quicker the defender, the quicker the release on the shot must be. How he gets this shot off time after time with such deadly accuracy is simply unreal

This... it looks way easier then it is.... took me so long to be able to properly do it mid game, it's crazy how manu does it with such little effort, keeps perfect accuracy and balance, and still has enough power to send it off from the NBA 3 point line

Also, check the sig :hat

LoneStarState'sPride
04-05-2010, 10:52 PM
This... it looks way easier then it is.... took me so long to be able to properly do it mid game, it's crazy how manu does it with such little effort, keeps perfect accuracy and balance, and still has enough power to send it off from the NBA 3 point line

Also, check the sig :hat

BAD.

ASS.

Yeah, I have to really be feeling it to do it mid game, and usually it's after I've already tapped into the rest of my limited repertoire lol. The fact that Manu's defenders have to know it's coming and STILL can't stop it is unbelievable, when you stop and think about it. Seriously, I can't remember ever seeing him get blocked on that shot.

DAF86
04-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Does this count as a step back three?

AodpevCF8sg&feature=related

Obstructed_View
04-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Don't be an ass.

If pointing out that you're an idiot means I'm an ass, then....

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
If pointing out that you're an idiot means I'm an ass, then....

If you actually did that, you would have a point, but since you failed to read and overreacted then that just makes you an ass.

jdev82
04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
hard to do with a behind the back move, especially hard if youre a lefty, but if you drive left, and youre a righty, this move is easy and devestating. my go to move in pick up games.

TJastal
04-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow I really can't wait to see the "son of Jerrel" now

ChumpDumper
04-06-2010, 01:12 AM
Wow I really can't wait to see the "son of Jerrel" nowNo, he's on our team. You can't like him.

Well, maybe if he's called up and doesn't play. Then you can like him. Definitely if we waive him.

Spurs7794
04-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I actually brought this move up because at the beginning of the season, really until the RRT, Manu had no confidence in it, at least from the three point line. I actually thought Manu was done at that point because seeing him unable to go to HIS move made me feel like I was watching a different player. So great to see him do it again with complete confidence.

BestPFInTheGame21
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
What gets me is that its not really as quick as some other players step back J's....but even when its anticipated, its almost never blocked...

Has it ever been blocked as a matter of fact?