Leftyventricle
04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
could be worse. thanks sdc!

urunobili
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
:pctoss fu!@#$% Derek Fisher put his foot there on purpose :pctoss

Leftyventricle
04-05-2010, 03:55 PM
couldn't he just use his engorged shlong as a splint?

E-RockWill
04-05-2010, 04:01 PM
2-3 days or until pain goes away. Lots of ice.

http://www.ubsportsmed.buffalo.edu/education/peroneal.html

:ihit Derek Fisher :ihit

E-RockWill
04-05-2010, 04:02 PM
http://www.ubsportsmed.buffalo.edu/images/education/peroneal.gif

Whisky Dog
04-05-2010, 04:08 PM
If he's back by the weekend the Spurs lucked out IMO.

ElNono
04-05-2010, 04:10 PM

strained right peroneal tendon...

Kobe had the same injury on the left leg on Feb 5... he came back Feb 23, IIRC.

So we're looking at about 2 weeks and a half...

Truckules
04-05-2010, 04:10 PM

However, if you come back too soon, you risk permanent damage that could end his career. I'm thinking he'll be back for Denver, maybe Minnesota. It all depends on how bad of a strain and how well his body can recover.

EDIT: The article says to ice it 2-3 days, not that it takes that long to recover from it. George is probably gone until the playoffs, maybe more.

The Truth #6
04-05-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't think this report tells us anything we didn't already know, or not know. His timeline is still undetermined as to when he'll get back.

alchemist
04-05-2010, 04:17 PM
That just means that Tim will have more responsibilities as a passer, switching between him, Manu and Mason.

crc21209
04-05-2010, 04:18 PM
However, if you come back too soon, you risk permanent damage that could end his career. I'm thinking he'll be back for Denver, maybe Minnesota. It all depends on how bad of a strain and how well his body can recover.

EDIT: The article says to ice it 2-3 days, not that it takes that long to recover from it. George is probably gone until the playoffs, maybe more.

You also have to take in to consideration that George will have a team of excellent team doctors and trainers around him...he's not just anybody who is going to put ice on it and hope for the best...these people know what they're doing and I'm confident George will be back at the latest by the playoffs and at the earliest by next week.

AFBlue
04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Even though there's no timeline attached, it sure sounds like a "day to day" type of injury. That's probably one of best outcomes Spurs FO and fans could've hoped for.

crc21209
04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Even though there's no timeline attached, it sure sounds like a "day to day" type of injury. That's probably one of best outcomes Spurs FO and fans could've hoped for.

+1. He's a young athlete....and those are usually the ones who recover the quickest from things like this.

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-05-2010, 04:23 PM
im 25 years old, and play alot of basketball...

Based from what I saw... I think I would be okay within 2-3 days to play...

at NBA Level prolly 4 to 6 days

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
prob be out a week. 2-4 games.

GSH
04-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Not as bad as we thought although, I never thought it looked THAT BAD

I thought it looked pretty bad. When a player instantly comes up holding his foot off the floor the way Hill did, it's not good. Sometimes a young player will go get some ice, lace his shoes up tighter, and come back into the game. When Hill didn't return to start the second half, it looked bad. The slow motion video of it looked nasty, too.

I would have bet that he wouldn't be back before the playoffs. But there's DeJuan Blair, thundering up and down the floor with no ACL's, so who knows? Hill is young, and you know he has the fire to compete. I really hope he can be 100% for the start of the post season. It was an impressive win without both Parker and Hill. But to win 7-game series, we're going to need both of those guys healthy.

The injury report only says that he'll miss 2 games for sure, and the team will evaluate then. But I hope it means that there is some chance he could come back soon after that.

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
What was really impressive is that after he tweaked his foot he still made that shot flatfooted. This kid is one tough hombre.

Spurs Brazil
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
I think it's a good news. Maybe he'll be back in the same game as Tony

lennyalderette
04-05-2010, 05:23 PM
http://www.ubsportsmed.buffalo.edu/images/education/peroneal.gif
hahaha i feel like im in med school, it makes sense when you think of how much stress that tendon went through as his fibula put so much stress on it plus weight good thing he strong and young

Andy25
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I think it's a good news. Maybe he'll be back in the same game as Tony

sucks for that team haha

raspsa
04-05-2010, 05:28 PM
I wonder if Blair has any peroneal tendons?

E-RockWill
04-05-2010, 05:40 PM

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Tony & George come back for the Minnesota game, just to see where there @ before Pop decides about the Mavs game. I know, I know, very psychic of me....what a bold prediction.....

bdictjames
04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Ok, so who's going to step up?

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 05:48 PM
I wonder if Blair has any peroneal tendons?
Blair doesn't have any bones or tendons. He is made from old tank parts and wrapped in kevlar.

Truckules
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Blair doesn't have any bones or tendons. He is made from old tank parts and wrapped in kevlar.

:lol

Beast needs some more Chuck Norris-type jokes like this.

TD 21
04-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Why hasn't Jerrells been called up yet? He should play ahead of Temple. The Spurs need an actual PG and one who can score, not a defensive minded SG masquerading as a PG.

Knowing how Pop operates, Hill probably isn't playing until the Timberwolves game, even if he says he's ready to go by the Grizzlies or Nuggets game. In the process, the lack of ball handling/scoring will probably cost the team and they'll probably fall to the eighth seed, while in the process burning out Duncan and Ginobili.

raspsa
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah, they could give Manu a few minutes rest during games. Maybe we see one or both vs. the Kings.

Waps1980
04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
He’ll have 3 days rest/ice then he’ll start strengthening/rehab which will be a day to day thing but I’d suggest min 1 week.
So quickest I’d think he’ll be back is 10 days, you rush it without allowing it to strengthen and bang we won’t have him for the playoffs.

rjv
04-05-2010, 07:24 PM
my bet is back at the same time tony is so they can both get a couple of games in before playoffs.

weebo
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I've had this injury before. It'll be about a week to week and a half tops.

ducks
04-05-2010, 11:58 PM
he just needs to go to a bar get a hooker to give him a rub done
he will be fine to go

Sisk
04-06-2010, 01:25 AM
lets just hope he comes fast.. we could use him

:downspin:

honestfool84
04-06-2010, 01:32 AM
lets just hope he comes fast..

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

kaji157
04-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I agree pop should use curtis jerrells, he is not only used to spurs system more than Temple, but the Toros also used to run their offense through their SG (Hairston) as he will in the next games throu Manu.

TJastal
04-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Why hasn't Jerrells been called up yet? He should play ahead of Temple. The Spurs need an actual PG and one who can score, not a defensive minded SG masquerading as a PG.

Knowing how Pop operates, Hill probably isn't playing until the Timberwolves game, even if he says he's ready to go by the Grizzlies or Nuggets game. In the process, the lack of ball handling/scoring will probably cost the team and they'll probably fall to the eighth seed, while in the process burning out Duncan and Ginobili.

But Popped will have his precious china doll all ready to unwrap from his beige sportjacket and tie just in time for the playoffs to get stomped by the lakers in the 1st round.

rayray2k8
04-06-2010, 02:14 AM
Guess Manu is gonna have to carry the team. Oh wait, he already is! :rolleyes

UnWantedTheory
04-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Damn it all to hell...I heard on the news today he was only suppose to miss the next two games and be back for action...Did I miss something?

the crimson blur
04-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Ok, so who's going to step up?

George has been so good to us these last 2 years that whenever we asked that question, he'd be the one to answer it...

He covered everyone elses ass when they went down, so I hope the team can pay him back.

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2010, 04:38 AM
if i was ghill take the week off or till playoffs start

who cares if we have to face the lakers, sooner or later someone has to go through them

Harry Callahan
04-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Stuff keeps happening regarding injuries, so the lack of continuity continues. So it goes. It'll be tough to get above the 8th slot now.