PDA

View Full Version : Can I be a Spurs Fan?

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
When I moved here to SA, I would have never thought in liking the Spurs..... you guys destroyed us back in 07..

But after watching the spurs play all season long and following them, im starting to like them more and more

So I hope you guys welcome me with big open arms and hope we all can be friends :)

BTW, who is going to be our starting PG now that HILL and TP are out?

:flag:

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Do you hate Tony Parker?

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-05-2010, 04:17 PM
I dont "hate" him

I honestly thought he was the best PG in the NBA last year.... and if heathly... he can still continue to be the best

Jose Ole
04-05-2010, 04:18 PM
http://www.michaelrex.com/daddy.jpg

TJastal
04-05-2010, 04:28 PM
When I moved here to SA, I would have never thought in liking the Spurs..... you guys destroyed us back in 07..

But after watching the spurs play all season long and following them, im starting to like them more and more

So I hope you guys welcome me with big open arms and hope we all can be friends :)

Pop's going to fill in. j/k

Apparently, "Garret" Temple is going to fill in so Pop can get some extra ogling for his languishing lost love Finley.

ChumpDumper
04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I dont "hate" him

I honestly thought he was the best PG in the NBA last year.... and if heathly... he can still continue to be the bestThen no, you cannot be a spurfan.

You have to hate Garrett Temple too.

And Bogans.

And Mason.

And Bonner.

You can basically only like Manu and Hairston and Mahinmi and people who aren't on the team but other posters think they should.

Hope this helps.

xellos88330
04-05-2010, 04:31 PM
So decided to join the silver and black?

I am okay with that, so long as you don't jump off the wagon at the first sign of adversity. I think it could be hard to do since you live in SA and are surrounded by everything Spurs.

admiralfats
04-05-2010, 04:32 PM
yeah, it just depends. are you willing to excitedly proclaim the spurs the best team ever after each win? Are you willing to then call us the worst team ever assembled after each loss? If you can do that, you can be a spurs fan. or at least a poster on spurstalk.

Just kidding. I love when people want to love the spurs. welcome to the fold, as far as I'm concerned.

xellos88330
04-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh, and the new PG is most likely going to be Manu unofficially. The person announced at PG will most likely be Mason/Temple combo.

I honestly don't see Temple getting many minutes though. On the bright side, Mason will have a chance to get his shot to drop finally. I just hope he doesn't become a chucker trying to get it going.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the fold! That is if you can handle being shit on by the media at the drop of a hat, and get used to not seeing your team's stars get the recognition their conterparts get undeservedly in larger markets. Seriously though, if you're a fan of basketball, you're gonna love being a Spurs fan. Just don't abandon ship when the going gets rough.

Oh, and I love Tony Parker too, by the way. One of the best damn point guards in the league, regardless of the beating he takes here on Spurstalk.

jjktkk
04-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Then no, you cannot be a spurfan.

And Bogans.

And Mason.

And Bonner.

You can basically only like Manu and Hairston and Mahinmi and people who aren't on the team but other posters think they should.

Hope this helps.

:rollin +1

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
Wait . . . Do you want to be a Spurs fan or do you want to be a regular poster on Spurstalk?

raspsa
04-05-2010, 05:10 PM
You have to pass the rookie initiation first. How are you at fetching doughnuts?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Do you hate Tony Parker?

:lol:lol

Kool Bob Love
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM

NOPE SORRY!...:wakeup

JUST BE A KNICKS FAN....THAT's WHERE BRON BRON IS GOING ANYWAYS...:toast

Frenzy
04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
being a spurs fan comes with automatically hating purple and yellow or gold... whatever the color of dirty piss is.

Brazil
04-05-2010, 05:33 PM

And Bogans.

And Mason.

And Bonner.

Hope this helps.

:lol

easy7
04-05-2010, 06:03 PM

Welcome, just rant and rave when they win and have a break down when they lose and hate everyone of them so you won't stick out like a sore thumb... And change your avatar to something stupid that makes no sense and is not spurs related. :lmao

Bukefal
04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Do you hate Tony Parker?

And Bogans.

And Mason.

And Bonner.

Hope this helps.

phyzik
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM

And Bogans.

And Mason.

And Bonner.

Hope this helps.

You forgot that he must question Pop's sanity and coaching ability at least a few times a week.

Sisk
04-05-2010, 11:35 PM
ChumpDumper > *

DAF86
04-05-2010, 11:41 PM

Why you wanna do that? the Cavs are winning it all this year.

ducks
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
james chokes are the cavs going to jamison instead of james late?

spursfan09
04-05-2010, 11:47 PM
You can, but try not to act too excited when the Cavs win it all this year.

ducks
04-05-2010, 11:54 PM
pray manu does not fold again in the playoffs

TwAnKiEs
04-05-2010, 11:54 PM

If you can get your drunk friend to become one too, then yes :lol

JK

ducks
04-05-2010, 11:55 PM
Why not? We already let in the dirty Australians.

Australians tell the truth more then president and congress:bang

lennyalderette
04-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Wait . . . Do you want to be a Spurs fan or do you want to be a regular poster on Spurstalk?
this actually makes alot of sense very rare to see both hahaha no but seriously it is... Welcome my friend hope your here when things get shitty thats when i start paying attention!!!! if you dont mind me asking what really started making you like the team???!?!?! if its ginobili, thats kinda understandable cause he is amazing hahaha no but i want to know, is it because the way the media portrays the org, and city and were totally different or is it how everyone hates us and then they say well they suck!!!???? let me know

Blackjack
04-06-2010, 01:03 AM

Paintin' with a pretty broad brush there, Chump.

I swear ... you people are all alike.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Paintin' with a pretty broad brush there, Chump.

I swear ... you people are all alike.If you think I'm including you, then I also know a lot of people who are all alike.

Blackjack
04-06-2010, 01:13 AM

Kori Ellis
04-06-2010, 01:14 AM
I thought it was obvious you were always a Spurs fan and just pretending to be a Cavs fan when the Spurs weren't playing well :wtf

lennyalderette
04-06-2010, 01:49 AM
yeah, it just depends. are you willing to excitedly proclaim the spurs the best team ever after each win? Are you willing to then call us the worst team ever assembled after each loss? If you can do that, you can be a spurs fan. or at least a poster on spurstalk.

Just kidding. I love when people want to love the spurs. welcome to the fold, as far as I'm concerned.
most "real" spurs fans are nothing and i mean nothing lke this, you should go to fatsos for a playoff game or anywhere for that matter its really fun and the spurs are a part of our family in a way its kinda strange dont know if im speaking for everyone but alot of people feel this way. alot of older people love the spurs here its funny as hell my gma is so crazy about manu. but this guy is dead on when it comes to spurs tallk i think cause its just a venting forum sometimes shit when im pissed i better be able to say who im pissed off at, but to say you give up on your team is lame and really childish so hope you stick w/us through thick and thin, most of us are die hard spurs fans who love talking shit to eachother, but def stick up for eachother (depends on if its a spurs troll haha) amongst the LA DAL BOS HOU well any other team really . . .. some quick pointers to speed up your fan info

1.)this fan base is kinda divided alot of us dont like parkers arrogance and think he should be traded for a big a bad ass productive big/ on the other side this is treated as stupidity and your then labeled "parker hater" i prefer "frenchie hater" hahaha one thing you should know is hes prob going to bolt to L.A hes in love with glamour and L.A ill put money on him leaving the spurs his first chance put it that way.
2.) in spurs life there's priorities :
(no disrespect to the "ice man" but i dont have time for too much history )

1.David Robinson (the admiral) he made the spurs org what it is today prob the greatest human being to ever play the game honestly research the guy youll freak out hes like an archspursangel
coach poppovich (C.I.A pop)he really is incredible alot of us bitch about him i know i do as of late honestly this year is the first year ive heard so much anger towards the coach i hate to say this but he kinda deserved it hahaha. very very stubborn man but he did sway the greatest spur to everplay and on to my next. . . .

2.)Tim duncan (the big fundamental) do i have to say anything ?? i think his career speaks for itself. but i will say he followed D. Robinsons footsteps and stayed in little S.A where the fans are loyal as hell and he treated us with the same respect maybe even more, when he could have played anywhere!!!!

3.)Manu Ginobili (el contusion) finally a basketball player who can speak some spanish!!! just what this town needed another mexican hahaha oh wait and hes more efficient than kobe ???? forget about it, the rest is history .probably the most popular spur ever and seriously this guy as you know is part lion. ginobili will resign with the spurs so you are able to brush off the talk of him leaving we all start panicing around this time, for good reason. ginobili knows the spurs system like the back of his hand and that in itself is very hard to do along with playing in a town where he will never be hated or booo'd like L.A or anywhere else for that matter, also playing with timmy and a very smart coach that have a great relationship. we wont let him go and he most likely doesnt want to start all over taking a chance leaving a town where hes known as jesus.

4.) Tony parker (nickname here) lightning quick, amazing teardrop, and a kid who is a product of the spurs org. he was pretty much built to play with tim duncan and can really drive the ball down the opponents throat play by play. deserved his finals mvp i believe. great offensive player and kinda bad defensively really no length or will to play D. this is a controversial player, i do think hes going to be hated very soon as hes been on record saying "he wouldnt mind leaving to play in LA or as long as its a contender." theres alot of specualtion on him and his feelings for san antonio at the moment like i said i believe hes out of sa pretty soon, but still respect what hes done for this org. and team. super quick and a great pg who is overlooked just because hes in sa. its just too bad hes not humble and down to earth like the other spurs. was rumored the spurs offered him to N.O for CP3 hopefully pop will trade him for a inside presence or a legit scorer/defender rather than let him walk something pop loves to do i know hes pretty stupid for being a genius hahaha.

anyway that should cover the major part of spurs players/fans feelings right now and when you see posts of dallas fans or our rival fans that say "lol spurs" lol duncan" " lol manu going bald" these are to get you mad so ignore them or they will stay so anyway im prob going to get bitched at for speaking on behalf of spurs fans but this is what i feel.oh and were going to win the championship unless manu or one of our key players gets hurt, or if tony feels like screwing our season up by not passing the ball heres to the 5th!! and welcome man
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: :flag:

duhoh
04-06-2010, 02:07 AM
these fine gents have nailed it on the head :D

rayray2k8
04-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Might as well, since the rest of the band-wagoners came back...

spurs_philippines
04-06-2010, 10:21 AM

you're more than welcome to be a spurs fan.... hate the mavs, suns and the fakers

rayray2k8
04-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Fixed

pray Parker does fuck things up in the playoffs

YoMamaIsCallin
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Oh, and the new PG is most likely going to be Manu unofficially. The person announced at PG will most likely be Mason/Temple combo.

I honestly don't see Temple getting many minutes though. On the bright side, Mason will have a chance to get his shot to drop finally. I just hope he doesn't become a chucker trying to get it going.

I disagree... I think Popovich wants to almost give Manu the night off. Don't be surprised if his minutes are way down. Don't forget they've got to fly to Phoenix after the game and play there the next night. (Luckily those retards in Arizona don't have DST so the Spurs don't lose an hour.)

FalleNxWiZarDx
04-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I disagree... I think Popovich wants to almost give Manu the night off. Don't be surprised if his minutes are way down. Don't forget they've got to fly to Phoenix after the game and play there the next night. (Luckily those retards in Arizona don't have DST so the Spurs don't lose an hour.)

if only RJ had good ball handling skills..............

jimo2305
04-06-2010, 06:03 PM
are you ready to denounce lebron james as your lord and savior?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-06-2010, 07:30 PM
OP, in for life, or fuggedaboutit...

CubanSucks
04-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Do you believe you know more about the Spurs rotations than Pop?

CubanSucks
04-06-2010, 10:30 PM
True Spurs fan test.

What is your first reaction when watching this video?

-YjAO9CQTAk

The answer should be: you break down in tears after leaving your mouth open for 5 min

Once more, your initial reaction?

u1EL38SKyX8

The answer should be: you scream, preferably so hard you collapse a lung