PDA

View Full Version : I bet you Tony is healthy and fine

Andy25
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
CIA Pop at work. Tony even said he wants to play like he's irritated or something. Maybe with Hill out this will force Pop's hand. :hat

easy7
04-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Tony said he is ready to play but it is not up to him.

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 06:08 PM
he could probably play. not worth the risk. if he re-injured that hand then he could miss the whole playoffs.. why risk that?

Mr.Robinson
04-05-2010, 06:38 PM
he could probably play. not worth the risk. if he re-injured that hand then he could miss the whole playoffs.. why risk that?

The guy sounded selfish as fuck when they talked to him during the Laker game. Kept talking about himself when the questions were about Hill. Were playing great without him but I believe if he comes back to getting into the lane while Manu is hitting his threes, Spurs will be in the finals.

Kermit
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
The guy sounded selfish as fuck when they talked to him during the Laker game. Kept talking about himself when the questions were about Hill. Were playing great without him but I believe if he comes back to getting into the lane while Manu is hitting his threes, Spurs will be in the finals.

Yeah. How dare he want to be out there playing and shit.

ajGambino
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM

:lol

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 01:24 AM

lol

kaji157
04-06-2010, 01:37 AM
I didnīt saw this interview. If true, thats something Pop should take care of.

TJastal
04-06-2010, 01:41 AM

I disagree.

Parker should be fine to come back, and Manu needs some help now otherwise we risk Manu getting burned out/injured right before playoffs. It's well worth the small/negligible risk of re-injury to bring him back now IMO to help conserve Manu for the playoffs.

I found a website that seems to think 3 weeks should be quite enough for this type of injury. Apparently spurs' brass thinks Parker is some kind of china doll that needs twice the recovery time. :rolleyes

http://ajsm.highwire.org/content/17/4/567.short

The average time lost from practice or competition in this group overall was 13.7 days, (range, 0 to 56 days). Average time lost from basketball was 19.8 days

We concluded that most metacarpal fractures in the athlete can be treated by closed means with a fairly rapid return to sport, depending on type of sport and position played. In certain displaced fractures, open reduction internal fixation can expedite early return to function and return to sport.

hitmanyr2k
04-06-2010, 01:50 AM

That kind of struck me while watching his interview as well. I remember the interviewer asking him something like "how did you feel when you saw Hill get injured?" and Parker is like "I feel like I want to play". Gave no regard to Hill at all :lol After he said that I was thinking good job showing compassion to your injured teammate there Tony :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
04-06-2010, 08:30 AM

This. What the fuck people? Jesus Christ, if Manu had said he wanted to play when he was injured and his backup went down, some of y'all would be predicting the next Willis Reed moment. But if Parker says it, he's "selfish as fuck"? He's said on numerous occasions that Hill has done well. But thiis really takes the Parker bashing far beyond the ridiculous. Remember only last season, this guy dragged the spurs to a 3 seed without Manu, and with a one-legged Timmy.

So yeah, how dare he want to be out there playing and shit. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

BestPFInTheGame21
04-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I remember him saying it was the doctors that wanted him to be cautious...he said he had no pain whatsoever.....

romain.star
04-06-2010, 08:41 AM
This. What the fuck people? Jesus Christ, if Manu had said he wanted to play when he was injured and his backup went down, some of y'all would be predicting the next Willis Reed moment. But if Parker says it, he's "selfish as fuck"? He's said on numerous occasions that Hill has done well. But thiis really takes the Parker bashing far beyond the ridiculous. Remember only last season, this guy dragged the spurs to a 3 seed without Manu, and with a one-legged Timmy.

So yeah, how dare he want to be out there playing and shit. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

ahahah easy tiger. this is just a game!! i remember threads bashing parker last year after a victorious +30pts, 9ast game. Crazy STalkers indeed...

i was not a parker fan in the first place but all those hatefull/stupid threads are slowly turning me into a TP homer!

alchemist
04-06-2010, 08:46 AM

The point the guy is trying to make is that Parker showed very little compassion for Hill, this is his team mate. I know Tony's ego took a hit with all this winning the Spurs are doing with Hill but he's still his team mate, his back up, George isn't taking his spot. Show Hill some love and talk about yourself secondary.

ohmwrecker
04-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't remember this interview, but I still have the game on DVR. So, until I watch it again, I am just going to assume that this is just some garden variety Spurstalk Parker hating bullshit.

Budkin
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
All the people talking about trading TP and that we don't need him anymore are out of their minds. The guy has mad freaking skills and we are going to need him in the playoffs. Imagine Tony and Hill both playing at their peak levels... a frightening thought for opposing teams.

ElNono
04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
http://lulzful.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/1231364050235.jpg

elbamba
04-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I think Pop is resting parker more than needed because he did not get the rest this summer. Hopefully, it sticks with him and he does not play for the national team this year.

The goal is to get back 2008-2009 Tony Parker, the one that was unstoppable. Not the first 5 months of 2009-2010 TP that missed more layups than he had in his previous seasons combined.

lennyalderette
04-06-2010, 10:20 AM
That kind of struck me while watching his interview as well. I remember the interviewer asking him something like "how did you feel when you saw Hill get injured?" and Parker is like "I feel like I want to play". Gave no regard to Hill at all :lol After he said that I was thinking good job showing compassion to your injured teammate there Tony :lol

are you like a highschool chick who thinks this is funny????!?!?! because to me its pretty fucking dick, he doesnt give a shit about his teammates, esp the guy thats going to be guarding him in a yearlol had to put that in ahaha and wants to impress phil jackson and be kobes right hand bitch after his x girlfriend leaves aka sasha. if i ever see parkers scarred face out in public im just going to stop what im doing and say "Boooooooooo" and tell everyone to join me as we sing "nah nah nahnah hey hey hey good bye bitch!" now its official im a hater and i embrace it. tony longoria is dead to me after i saw that :smchode:

EricB
04-06-2010, 11:06 AM
:lol sigh you people are such retards. Unreal...

romain.star
04-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I think Pop is resting parker more than needed because he did not get the rest this summer. Hopefully, it sticks with him and he does not play for the national team this year.

The goal is to get back 2008-2009 Tony Parker, the one that was unstoppable. Not the first 5 months of 2009-2010 TP that missed more layups than he had in his previous seasons combined.

I've got a feeling that if the spurs suffer an early exit, Parker will play this summer. He is desperatly looking forward to playing games. He will be like ''ok, I played 30 games less than what I use to, so fuck it, Turkey, here I come''.

If he can't get his BB fix with the Spurs, he'll get it with the French NT

just a feeling

:depressed

LoneStarState'sPride
04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
are you like a highschool chick who thinks this is funny????!?!?! because to me its pretty fucking dick, he doesnt give a shit about his teammates, esp the guy thats going to be guarding him in a yearlol had to put that in ahaha and wants to impress phil jackson and be kobes right hand bitch after his x girlfriend leaves aka sasha. if i ever see parkers scarred face out in public im just going to stop what im doing and say "Boooooooooo" and tell everyone to join me as we sing "nah nah nahnah hey hey hey good bye bitch!" now its official im a hater and i embrace it. tony longoria is dead to me after i saw that :smchode:

Just the latest in the never-ending string of ignorant TP hater comments. Most fucking ridiculous shit I've ever seen in my entire life.

JR3
04-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Parker wanting to play is fine... but showing no compasion for George Hill is not cool. He could have said something like.. "I am now more anxious to get in there... but hope Hill is okay, we need him in there too". This is not a big deal though. Things are all coming together... the heathier we are, the better. We are going to make a run after all.

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM

wow. you're an idiot

well see if your saying the same thing once he comes back and starts tearing it up.

Mel_13
04-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't remember this interview, but I still have the game on DVR. So, until I watch it again, I am just going to assume that this is just some garden variety Spurstalk Parker hating bullshit.

Just watched the interview again.

Let's just say that descriptions here are wildly inaccurate.

ohmwrecker
04-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Just watched the interview again.

Let's just say that descriptions here are wildly inaccurate.

Yep. Just watched it again. He just said what any other highly competitive athlete would have said. He also said that he went back to the locker room to check on Hill. A point that the blatantly obvious Parker haters here convienently neglected to mention. You are busted, assholes. You can shut the fuck up now.

anakha
04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
He also said that he went back to the locker room to check on Hill.

What a selfish fuck. :rolleyes

anakha
04-06-2010, 12:33 PM

The point the guy is trying to make is that Parker showed very little compassion for Hill, this is his team mate. I know Tony's ego took a hit with all this winning the Spurs are doing with Hill but he's still his team mate, his back up, George isn't taking his spot. Show Hill some love and talk about yourself secondary.

Parker wanting to play is fine... but showing no compasion for George Hill is not cool. He could have said something like.. "I am now more anxious to get in there... but hope Hill is okay, we need him in there too". This is not a big deal though. Things are all coming together... the heathier we are, the better. We are going to make a run after all.

:lol sigh you people are such retards. Unreal...

Leetonidas
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
They already clinched a spot, and they want Tony to be 100% going into the playoffs. I'm sure he probably is good to play but remember he had a plethora of nagging injuries all year so this rest is extremely beneficial to him.

Kermit
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
I had no idea the depths to which some of us had sunk until this thread. Some of you suck sweaty Gasol penis. When Tony comes back and plays well, I want you to go and fuck yourselves.

urunobili
04-06-2010, 01:04 PM
TP is looking leaner and more buffed as I have ever seen him... whenever he comes back he'll be a fucking stud... He is accumulating juice and I see him owning even Deron Williams these playoffs... we need TP to be @ his superstar self to have a shot to get out of the west so... I think he knows it and knows it has to happened to get it done...

Sausage
04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ

RT @JMac_SAEN: BREAKING #spurs NEWS: Tony Parker has been cleared and will play some tonight vs Kings

Mel_13
04-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll create the game thread to let everyone know, but Tony has been cleared by the doctors to play and will suit up tonight. However, Garrett Temple will be starting.

Thanks.

Newsworthy on two counts

YoMamaIsCallin
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
The guy sounded selfish as fuck when they talked to him during the Laker game. Kept talking about himself when the questions were about Hill.

Aw come on. The interviewer was asking stupid questions like "How did you feel when George sprained his ankle?" Jesus Christ, this isn't Oprah. What was Tony supposed to do, burst into tears because Hill twisted his ankle?

Andy25
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
STEIN_LINE_HQ

RT @JMac_SAEN: BREAKING #spurs NEWS: Tony Parker has been cleared and will play some tonight vs Kings

CIA Pop's secret weapon is being unleashed.:hat

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
i'll create the game thread to let everyone know, but tony has been cleared by the doctors to play and will suit up tonight. However, garrett temple will be starting.

holllllyyyyyyyyyyyy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! !!

cnyc3
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
tp9network

Good news, i'm back !!! I play tonight to Sacramento !!!!

Budkin
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Tony on Facebook: "I'm back!"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/tp9network?ref=nf

Shifty
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
He said he'll play on Twitter.

Err.. nevermind. People beat me to it.

Andy25
04-06-2010, 04:46 PM
So does this mean I was right?:downspin::hat

ohmwrecker
04-06-2010, 04:54 PM
So does this mean I was right?:downspin::hat

I would give you props if you hadn't used the phrase "CIA Pop".

Sisk
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I can't believe people misinterpreted him saying "I want to play" as a disregard to Hill. He's saying that because he wants to be out there helping his TEAM, because he knows they need him now more than ever without Hill.

Fuck.

I guess I deserve my frustration for giving some posters on here any credit at all...