PDA

View Full Version : Spurs at Kings Previews

duncan228
04-05-2010, 07:27 PM
Edit: The game will be on NBA TV. See post #11.

San Antonio (47-29) at Sacramento (24-53) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/preview?gid=2010040623)
Game info: 10:00 pm EDT Tue Apr 6, 2010
TV: FSSW, CSCA
By Anthony Giornalista

Thanks in large part to George Hill, the San Antonio Spurs have been able to withstand the absence of Tony Parker. With Hill now sidelined with an ankle injury, Parker is ready to reclaim the reigns.

After missing a month with a broken finger, Parker will make his surprise return Tuesday night when the Spurs visit the Sacramento Kings.

A 100-81 win over the Los Angeles Lakers on Sunday was bittersweet for San Antonio (47-29), which outplayed the Western Conference’s top team to secure a playoff spot but lost Hill to a sprained ankle in the second quarter.

Hill, expected to miss at least two games, has averaged 15.8 points in 41 games as a starter this season. He moved to point guard when Parker broke his right ring finger in early March and helped the Spurs to an 11-5 record without the three-time All-Star.

Parker was expected to miss about another week, but he was cleared to play Tuesday.

San Antonio has six games remaining, four this week, as it continues its battle for playoff position in the tightly packed West. The Spurs are in seventh place, a half-game behind Oklahoma City and a half-game ahead of Portland.

Even with having to integrate Parker back into the mix, San Antonio may have momentum on its side. It has won 15 of 20 after losing 11 of the previous 19.

“We struggled for half of the season or a little more, but now we are playing better,” shooting guard Manu Ginobili said. “Even though we’re in the seventh spot and it’s not going to be easy, we know now that nobody’s that much better than us. So that’s a big thing in your head.”

Ginobili had 32 points versus the Lakers after posting a season-high 43 in a 112-100 win over Orlando on Friday night. He has averaged 25.5 points over his last 15 games.

Ginobili was one of four Spurs to score at least 20 points in a 115-113 win over Sacramento on Feb. 3, the teams’ last meeting. San Antonio has won eight straight in the series, shooting 46.0 percent from 3-point range.

Sacramento (24-53) enters this matchup on a seven-game losing streak, averaging 88.7 points and shooting 42.4 percent in that span. The Kings lost 98-87 to Portland on Saturday night in their return from a five-game trip.

“We have to learn how to get the shots that we want in the fourth quarter, make sure we get the calls in the fourth quarter and get stops in the fourth quarter,” coach Paul Westphal said. “Those are all things that we are working on and need to improve and will continue to do so for the rest of the season and for as long as I am here.”

Kings Rookie of the Year candidate Tyreke Evans is coming off one of his worst performances, shooting 2 for 12 and finishing with six points. The 6-foot-6 guard played despite some swelling in his right knee.

Evans had 32 points, eight assists and seven rebounds in the last meeting with San Antonio.

Team Stat Leaders

Tyreke Evans Sac 20.0

Rebounds
Tim Duncan SA 10.2
Jason Thompson Sac 8.3

Assists
Tony Parker SA 5.7
Tyreke Evans Sac 5.8

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 07:34 PM
so who starts tomorrow? RMJ?

timtonymanu
04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
^ I'm guessing.

The Spurs gotta take care of this one early if they're gonna face Phoenix.

Mel_13
04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
so who starts tomorrow? RMJ?

Bogans

ElNono
04-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Manu starts at PG and Bogans at SG... Like the second half against the Fakers...

CFH
04-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Duncan at PG :downspin:

Shastafarian
04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I'd love to see Hairston play over Mason at SG/SF but I know it's not gonna happen.

ohmwrecker
04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I would seriously start Temple over the scrub Mason.

You are nucking futs. Bogans will start. Temple will blow dry Manu's ass crack.

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I want me some Gee. This guy will be a contributor one day. he can ball.

duncan228
04-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Kings-Spurs Game on April 6 to be Nationally Televised after winning NBA’s “Fan Night” Vote (http://www.nba.com/kings/news/nbatv_kings_vs_spurs_release.html)
Kings-Spurs contest to be broadcast nationally on NBA TV and locally on Comcast SportsNet California

SACRAMENTO, CA, April 5, 2010 ---- The Kings-Spurs game at ARCO Arena on Tuesday, April 6, at 7 p.m., will be nationally televised on NBA TV after winning the NBA’s “Fan Night” vote. The game will also be broadcast locally on Comcast SportsNet California.

Fan Night gives basketball fans the unique opportunity to vote for the games they want to see televised nationally on NBA TV each Tuesday night.

Kings fans can showcase Sacramento’s great home-court advantage to a national TV audience and purchase tickets to the Kings-Spurs game on April 6 by clicking here (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00432FAA694DCD?artistid=806010), calling 888-91-KINGS or visiting the ARCO Arena Box Office

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Kings-Spurs Game on April 6 to be Nationally Televised after winning NBA’s “Fan Night” Vote (http://www.nba.com/kings/news/nbatv_kings_vs_spurs_release.html)
Kings-Spurs contest to be broadcast nationally on NBA TV and locally on Comcast SportsNet California

SACRAMENTO, CA, April 5, 2010 ---- The Kings-Spurs game at ARCO Arena on Tuesday, April 6, at 7 p.m., will be nationally televised on NBA TV after winning the NBA’s “Fan Night” vote. The game will also be broadcast locally on Comcast SportsNet California.

Fan Night gives basketball fans the unique opportunity to vote for the games they want to see televised nationally on NBA TV each Tuesday night.

Kings fans can showcase Sacramento’s great home-court advantage to a national TV audience and purchase tickets to the Kings-Spurs game on April 6 by clicking here (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C00432FAA694DCD?artistid=806010), calling 888-91-KINGS or visiting the ARCO Arena Box Office

Does this mean NBALPBB will be blacked out?

duncan228
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Does this mean NBALPBB will be blacked out?

I'm pretty sure it will, it's considered a national telecast.

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 09:08 PM

:pctoss

lefty
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
The Kings have players who are most spectacular than Manu`we are fucked

http://i43.tinypic.com/os934z.jpg

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-05-2010, 09:55 PM

:depressed

ElNono
04-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Fucking NBA TV blows chunks. Last time they went to a cavaliers game while the Spurs game was still ongoing because we had a 20 point lead or something. Just when I wanted to get a glimpse of hairston and stuff.
Plus they butcher the entire local broadcast.

I completely hate them.

Sisk
04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
The Kings have players who are most spectacular than Manu`we are fucked

http://i43.tinypic.com/os934z.jpg

pretty sure that guy is from dudeperfect

DesignatedT
04-05-2010, 11:29 PM
pretty sure that guy is from dudeperfect

yep.

Sisk
04-06-2010, 12:24 AM
yep.

:guin

TJastal
04-06-2010, 12:36 AM
Is Kevin Martin back yet? Bogans' perimeter defense is going to get shredded if he is. Martin is exactly the type of player that Bogans struggles with.

TJastal
04-06-2010, 12:37 AM
If I was Pop I'd start RMJ over Bogans.

SpursFan0728
04-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Is Kevin Martin back yet? Bogans' perimeter defense is going to get shredded if he is. Martin is exactly the type of player that Bogans struggles with.

only if Martin still plays for the kings...

TJastal
04-06-2010, 12:50 AM
only if Martin still plays for the kings...

ahh, right ... I knew that. :lol

Fermixalot
04-06-2010, 01:57 AM

You do know he was traded to Houston right?

:toast

TJastal
04-06-2010, 02:00 AM
You do know he was traded to Houston right?

:toast

LOL yah just had a brain fart for a second

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2010, 04:36 AM
lol@beno if he goes 20/10 on us

lennyalderette
04-06-2010, 05:28 AM
lol@beno if he goes 20/10 on us

doubt he laid off the cocaine last night that dude parties like crazy, hes prob wired at games haha

shelshor
04-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Referee Assignments
Tue. Apr 6
San Antonio @ Sacramento: Dan Crawford; David Guthrie; Tommy Nunez Jr.

duncan228
04-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Spurs, Kings go at it in Sacramento (http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/news.aspx?id=4302540)

(Sports Network) - With a playoff berth already secured, the San Antonio Spurs get back to work tonight in California's capital against the lottery-bound Sacramento Kings.

Manu Ginobili scored 17 of his 32 points in the fourth quarter on Sunday as the Spurs routed the defending NBA champion Los Angeles Lakers 100-81 at Staples Center to punch their postseason ticket for the 13th straight time.

Tim Duncan added 24 points and 11 rebounds for the Spurs, who won their third straight contest to move a half-game ahead of Portland for the seventh playoff spot in the Western Conference. They are also just one game behind Oklahoma City for sixth with six games left.

"It was a good win for us against the best team in the West," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. "Manu has been playing All-Star basketball for the last month and a half now. Manu has kept us together."

The news wasn't all good for San Antonio, however. Already without star point guard Tony Parker, the Spurs were dealt another blow when George Hill left the game in the second quarter with a sprained right ankle.

Hill, who is averaging 15.8 points per game as a starter this season and moved to point guard when Parker broke his right ring finger in early March, is expected to miss at least two games. Parker, meanwhile, may be able to return early next week.

The Kings are limping toward the finish line and dropped their seventh straight game on Saturday when Brandon Roy tallied game-highs of 24 points and six assists, as Portland topped Sacramento, 98-87, at ARCO Arena.

Beno Udrih had 22 points and six assists for the Kings, while Jason Thompson came up with 18 points and Carl Landry 14 with nine rebounds in the loss.

"It's tough, (we are) a team that needs to grow because we're so young. We just have to continue to fight," Landry said.

Rookie star Tyreke Evans, who is playing through some swelling in his right knee, had one of his worst games as a pro, shooting just 2-for-12 and finishing with six points.

San Antonio has won eight straight over the Kings and will be aiming to sweep the season series for the second straight year tonight. The Spurs are unbeaten in their last four trips to Sacramento.

dbestpro
04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Watch Bogans start with Mason, while Manu comes off the bench. It is Popalogical.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM

:lmao

silverblk mystix
04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
surprised that the spurs/kings won the fan night---NBA -TV- thingy...

could the rest of the world wanna catch Manu beasting now---after that nationally televised beatdown of the lakers????

YoMamaIsCallin
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM

ummmmm..... he got traded......

duncan228
04-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Preview: Spurs at Kings (http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/4/6/1407416/preview-spurs-at-kings)
by Ziller
Sactown Royalty

DISCLAIMER
I am fully prepared, after roughly 10 PM Pacific tonight, to root for the Spurs. I want nothing more than for the Lakers to have to face Tim Duncan and friends in the first round. And to lose. I want the Lakers to lose. Therefore, go Spurs. Go Blazers. Go Thunder. Go Nuggets. Go Mavericks. Go Suns. Go Jazz. Hell, go Cavs, go Magic, go Cel-- nah, I can't do that. Go, um, Hawks. Yeah, Hawks!

SCOUTING REPORT
The Spurs are back. If you saw Manu Ginobili go antimatter in Sunday's televised game against the Lakers, you'd have known that. San Antonio just beat last season's Finals teams, Orlando and L.A., by a combined 31 points. They were both revenge games, as the Magic and Lakers each beat S.A. in March. But still. A 12-point win over Orlando, a team with a great chance to again represent the East in the Finals? And a 19-point win over the Lakers in L.A.? On T.V., with Kobe the star of the show thanks to a rich contract which will in a couple make him the first $30-million player since M.J.?

The odd thing about San Antonio has been that the offense has been so good -- ninth in the league. That's the highest the Spurs have been since 2006-07 (a title year) -- the team was just 13th, practically average, last season. The team has shot very well (seventh in eFG). Eight of the 10 "rotation players" have eFGs of .498 or better -- league average is .499. Ginobili has burst to life after a halting start to the season, now averaging better than 20 points and six assists per 36 minutes. He's been Heaven-sent since Tony Parker's injury depleted the backcourt. (Parker hasn't played since the first week of March, and might not be back until the playoffs begin.)

George Hill will miss tonight's game, much to the relief of Beno Udrih. I assume Keith Bogans will get the start; he's an excellent defender who could very well spend all night in front of 20-5-5-chasing Tyreke Evans. Antonio McDyess may or may not play -- if he doesn't, I'd suppose it'd be Matt Bonner in that spot, and you know how much our big men love to chase their men out to the perimeter. Richard Jefferson shall be matched up with Andres Nocioni, and ... oh wait ...

KEY BATTLE
There we go. Tim Duncan vs. Carl Landry. Big Fun vs. Hot Carl. In his last 10 games, Landry has averaged 19 points on 52 percent shooting. I believe that deserves a "Yessir."

BOLD PROCLAMATION
Bobby Jackson makes Bobby Jackson Appreciation Night really special by announcing his candidacy for governor. "Steve Poizner ain't the only muthaf***er who can lift a car, youknowwhaddI'msayin?"

BOLD BROCK-LAMATION
"I do declare," Jon Brockman proclaims at his locker, "that Christ has risen, and in the form of a ham-and-cheese Hot Pocket."

YoMamaIsCallin
04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
With Hill now sidelined with an ankle injury, Parker is ready to reclaim the reigns.

And this was published as an actual news story?

It's REINS for chrissake. Like what you use to control a horse.