PDA

View Full Version : Andre Berto vs. Carlos Quintana Sat. April 10th

Dinamita
04-06-2010, 12:48 AM
XLMRrj-AWEE

mexicanjunior
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Quintana is shot, Berto by easy decision...

Whisky Dog
04-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I want to see Berto perform and get a knockout to put him inbtge discussion with the greats of this division.

This is the first of about 6 weeks straight of bad ass Saturday night boxing.

Ashy Larry
04-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Berto took a very decent fight after coming back from a devastating family tragedy. Quintana has skills and will be a test for him. He needs this fight a hell of a lot more than Berto needs it. This could be a make or break match for him.

On Berto's side, this could set him up for a unification bout. Maybe a win over Quintana can get that pussy Jan Zaveck to put up that IBF belt on the line.

Berto by decision .....

Dinamita
04-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Another boring night for boxing. The ref was terrible in the Berto fight.
Next week should be solid though. Pavlik Martinez. And Bute Miranda.

Ashy Larry
04-11-2010, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't say it was boring .... decent at best. The first fight was a tutorial on how to continuously go to the body. I'm surprised Yordan didn't piss on himself.

And Quitana looked like a shot fighter. Hardly any buzz on this card, when Chris Brown and Little Bow Wow are your top celebs, you know the card sucks .......

Good to see that first 24/7 though ......

Whisky Dog
04-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Another boring night for boxing. The ref was terrible in the Berto fight.
Next week should be solid though. Pavlik Martinez. And Bute Miranda.

How was the ref terrible? He took the point correctly on the rabbit punch and usually called the break when both hands tied up.

The stoppage was at the right time.

Not a great fight but good work by Berto to persevere through Quintana's attempts to muck it up like he had to.