PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson fined?

Tp9gospursgo
04-06-2010, 01:36 AM
I heard from NBA.com that Phil Jackson got fined for criticizing the officials after the Spurs destroyed the Lakers. What did he say?

duncan228
04-06-2010, 01:40 AM
He was fined $35,000. Some conversation here:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150263

Jackson: Referees turned against us

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5055390

Tp9gospursgo
04-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Psh like the refs would want the Lakers to lose :lmao

duhoh
04-06-2010, 02:04 AM
probably would've been 50k + if it was in the PO

tdunk21
04-06-2010, 03:00 AM
he should know better after winning 10 rings.....not a class act

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
04-06-2010, 03:16 AM
That muthafuka always talkin shit!!!!!!

Sisk
04-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Of course he was fined.. dude has no class

whottt
04-06-2010, 04:47 AM
It usually works to his benefit when he does it, that's why he does it.

raspsa
04-06-2010, 04:52 AM
That $35K is a drop in the bucket with the amount he gets paid. For all you know, the team picks up the tab. Its more important for team morale that he says something in public, the Lakers collective egos needed some stroking after the whipping the Spurs handed out. These things aren't done impulsively IMO.

Harry Callahan
04-06-2010, 05:46 AM
Queen Phillip has done this a million times. He'll just throw a "woe is me" nugget out there after the game instead of calling time outs and immediately correcting poor play by his team. YAWN!!!

Slomo
04-06-2010, 06:29 AM

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/ding_ding_ding.jpg

Phenomanul
04-06-2010, 07:43 AM
I can't stand the fact that he never gives the opposing team their due... If his team loses, it's because of something they didn't do (or because of the refs)...

It's rare to hear him deliver a no-strings-attached compliment to opposing players...

dbestpro
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Jackson: Referees turned against us

So I guess that means up to that game the refs have been on their side all along. Hmmm.

ohmwrecker
04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
What a dick.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2010, 01:43 PM
What's funny is that part of Jackson's quote about the refs is that Ron Artest "Got too many fouls called on him". He finished the game with 2 fouls.

Tp9gospursgo
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
So I guess that means up to that game the refs have been on their side all along. Hmmm.

I have thought the same thing....the refs have been on their side for years

NFGIII
04-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Exactly. He will do this if he thinks it will eventually give him an advantage. He's been doing this for over a decade. He isn't about to stop now.

That $35K is a drop in the bucket with the amount he gets paid. For all you know, the team picks up the tab. Its more important for team morale that he says something in public, the Lakers collective egos needed some stroking after the whipping the Spurs handed out. These things aren't done impulsively IMO.

Chicken feed based on his salary. He's about positioning his team to win and if that means dropping a little cash here and there then so be it. He is looking at the big picture and not just one game. He will bring this up (oh so subtlely or not) in the future, especially if the Lakers meet the Spurs in the POs.

I can't stand the fact that he never gives the opposing team their due... If his team loses, it's because of something they didn't do (or because of the refs)...

It's rare to hear him deliver a no-strings-attached compliment to opposing players...

Really. Think asterick and the '99 season. Due to his incredibly huge ego I think deep inside he believes he should never lose a game. Many with that type of ego just can't believe that they could lose. When they do the excuses come out - not all the time but enough to notice. I think Red Auerbach (or someone of that stature) said that he never lost a game only that time ran out - or something to that effect. They should win every time they play. Though unrealistic to most of us it's that type of ego and drive that makes them do what they do. MJ/Bird/Magic all had it and believed in their invincability. IMHO