PDA

View Full Version : Nazr is a beast

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 10:28 PM
5 offensive rebounds in the third for Nazr!!!!!!!!!!

Just call him Windex.

scott
05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
Nazr is the Anti-Rasho... pardon the stupid question, but how long is he under contract? We need to wrap this guy up for at least 3-4 years. He is the starting center we needed when DRob retired.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 10:39 PM
He will be a free agent after next summer.

exstatic
05-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Signed through summer '06

boutons
05-04-2005, 11:32 PM
"Singed"

Nazr's HOT!

Obstructed_View
05-04-2005, 11:33 PM
Nazr gets better and better as the post-season goes on. He and Rasho make a great two-headed center, regardless of who starts and who comes in.

Tek_XX
05-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I give all the credit to Nazr for his rebounding but if only he wasn't so soft around the offensive basket.

JUUOT
05-04-2005, 11:37 PM
I agree for the two headed center. Now you add Scola and the kid becomes alimited risk.
You have an amazing front line of Duncan Nazr Rasho Scola and let's hope horry will hang around. that would just be the deepest frontline ever...
But let's focus on this year...a cup is waiting for us!!!so let's get it

exstatic
05-04-2005, 11:39 PM
But let's focus on this year...a cup is waiting for us!!!so let's get it

Actually, it's a basketball atop an asymetric trophy base. ;)

SpursFanDan
05-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Well.. he came to the team in the middle of the season..I think hes finally starting to get comfortable. and it helps when you have a man named duncan on the other side.

boutons
05-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Nazr is amazingly incompetent finisher.

I'm amazed a big guy who has been playing center for 10+ years doesn't have a clue around the offensive basket.

WTF has he been doing in practice?
Does he watch how others do it?
Is he just stupid?
Can he yet learn how to put the ball in the hole?

At least he can shoot FTs and is a monster rebounder, and yes, a few steals and the BS were not on his resume, a welome surprise.

His defense still needs lots of work.

exstatic
05-04-2005, 11:41 PM
He still needs work on D, but he's improving. He doesn't quite get the rotations and help yet. He's a much better shotblocker than advertised, and I've only seen one Spurs big man with quick thieving hands like his: DRob.

ducks
05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
dude one offseason practice against duncan could do wonders for his d

be intersting to see what a full training camp will do for him
he is starting to play well
to many turnovers tonight though :depressed

JUUOT
a basket on asymetric base...pfff!!! you americans just dont get it!!! lol
How do you drink champagne out of it to celebrate?

Aggie Hoopsfan
limited liability?

With a summer in the Spurs program, Nazr will be a beast and an absolute strength.

Spurminator
05-04-2005, 11:45 PM
He needs to work on finishing a bit, but he is much better at getting close to the basket where there is a CHANCE of finishing... or at least drawing a foul.

exstatic
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
He' great with a rebound when he's going to put it back in the air, but let him hit the floor, and he ALWAYS bounces the ball once, allowing the defense to reset. They need to break him of that habit, and in fact, coming back to the floor at all if he can avoid it. They should run tip in drills until he pukes in training camp, and make him run if he comes down to the floor with the ball. Even if he puts it up off line, he can go get it again, and I guarantee he'll have less shots blocked and steals/tapaways by the opponents.

Tek_XX
05-04-2005, 11:51 PM
And get rid of all those pump fakes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 11:56 PM
All the hatas on his finishing... the dude is playing on a bum calf, he can barely get up.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Nazr is in serious need of an offseason of "Rasho Dunk" drills. He'll be much better when he knows the defense. I love Malik, but the Spurs made a great trade.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-05-2005, 12:04 AM
He doesn't need dunk drills or anything like that. He needs some rest to get his leg better.

Did you miss the huge wrap they had on his calf?

SPARKY
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Compared to Rasho, Nazr looks like fucking Wilt in the paint.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-05-2005, 12:10 AM
Where's the jagoff with the "We would have won this game with Malik Rose" threads?

Mohammed gives us 1000% more than Rose could ever dream of. Put aside the blind love for mediocrity and embrace the manbeast that is Nazr.

T Park
05-05-2005, 12:26 AM
If Nazr Mohammed had TWO good calfs and TWO good groin muscles, youd be seeing about 16 and 20 out of him.

The guy is playing with a total of 1 healthy leg.

Lose the hate on him haters.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-05-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm still waiting for the Rose Colored Glasses crew to come along and tell me all about what Rose would be doing right now, relative to Nazr. Odds are he'd be getting DNP-CDs.

T Park
05-05-2005, 12:29 AM
Once again, the guy who faked one way, then backed down backed down beautifull hook shot, was the Nazr Mohammed I have been hopin for since mid march.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-05-2005, 12:34 AM
I was kinda hoping for the guy who brought the vicious putback dunk off of Bowen's miss late in the game.

T Park
05-05-2005, 12:35 AM
He blew a dunk late in the game that wouldve probobly broken the rim and brought a primal scream.

Mohammed was the David Robinson replacement we were lookin for in the 03 off season.

Ginobilly
05-05-2005, 01:48 AM
Nazr is giving it his all despite having a bad groin and that injured calf muscle. He may be not be the most talented or with the highest IQ out there but his giving it %110 out there. And he's only going to get better as he spends more time with the Spurs.

Loose the fuckin hate!!!

milkyway21
05-05-2005, 01:59 AM
5 offensive rebounds in the third for Nazr!!!!!!!!!!

Just call him Windex.so what happened to Nazr hilarious dunk in the 4th? :lol

It was the most fortuitous missed dunk of the Spurs' 4-1 Western Conference first-round playoff series with the Denver Nuggets: Nazr Mohammed's fourth-quarter jam attempt that careened high off the back rim and into the hands of Tim Duncan with eight minutes left in Game 5, with the outcome still in question.

Duncan spotted teammate Glenn Robinson, unguarded at the 3-point line, and fired him a pass that Robinson converted, turning Mohammed's momentary embarrassment into an instant of jubilation

Horry For 3!
05-05-2005, 02:01 AM
Mohammed is a great offensive rebounder, but he is a great rebounder period.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 02:03 AM
He doesn't need dunk drills or anything like that. He needs some rest to get his leg better.

Did you miss the huge wrap they had on his calf?
Please. What does his calf have to do with the fact that he pump fakes and shuffles his feet? Besides, he wasn't having any trouble with his hops tonight. He played pretty fucking good, but his hesitation around the basket is a weakness. It doesn't mean I don't root my ass off for the guy.

SpursFanDan
05-05-2005, 02:03 AM
Mohammed is a great offensive rebounder, but he is a great rebounder period.

lets all just point out the obvious.

milkyway21
05-05-2005, 02:08 AM
and he IS tough.

Notorious H.O.P.
05-05-2005, 02:34 AM
As has been stated before, get him in a full Spurs training camp and he'll put forth an effort strong enough to price him out of our market. He'll pick up the defensive rotations, continue to rebound like a beast and his improving footwork, timing and weakside defense will turn him into the shot blocker that even he didn't know he could be. That being said, he can't bring the O but a couple of tweaks in his game and he'll be able to get boatloads of cheap putbacks and easy dunks off of the Spurs interior passing. And there is nothing wrong with that but we'd have to be complete homers to thing that his offense will improve much after so many years in the league. We can still improve him but there are certain things that if you don't have by now, you're not going to get. But I love his effort and toughness and hope there is a way we can figure out to keep him on the Spurs.

T Park
05-05-2005, 02:43 AM
homer about what??

He can make that hook shot.

He can get garbage points.

He IS the Center we wanted in the summer of 03 to replace Robinson

10 points 13 rebounds 2 blocks a steal are David Robinson 03 Numbers.

flacoflee
05-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Where's the jagoff with the "We would have won this game with Malik Rose" threads?

Mohammed gives us 1000% more than Rose could ever dream of. Put aside the blind love for mediocrity and embrace the manbeast that is Nazr.

word!

timvp
05-05-2005, 02:59 AM
Props to Nazr. He's becoming a very good player and has probably taken the starting spot away from Rasho for good. I grew to really like Rasho's D but Nazr's rebounding is too strong of a trait to not take advantage of.

It's true that he's not too great of a finisher yet. As I said before he always: takes a dribble, pumpfakes twice, travels and then either 1) Gets Blocked 2) Gets Fouled 3) Dunks It. He's probably still the worst defensive bigman on the team, but he's getting better and better each game.

I've been a fan of his ever since I saw him throw a few elbows at Dirk:smokin

P.S.

AHF hasn't acknowledged that he lost the bet to be. If Nazr continues to play, I'll give him a break and won't cash in the bet.

Obstructed_View
05-05-2005, 03:09 AM
Another interesting possibility is that Rasho may play harder if he's fighting for playing time. An inspired Rasho is really all we've been wishing for.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Nazr gets it done with hussle, Rasho gets it done with a little more finesse, but both of them get it done. If the toughest rotation decision the Spurs have to make is whether to play one center who has stepped up or another center that has stepped up I think they'll be sitting pretty.