PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncans "Mid Range Jumper"

BestPFInTheGame21
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
I remember watching some old Spur interviews and Timmy was talking about how he thought he had decent range, but how Pop didnt really want him taking shots outside of the paint....(besides the famous twice a game bank shot)

Do you guys think this is something he missed out on developing over the years? Or do you think that his post game was so efficient it wasnt worth it?

With the little atheleticism he had now withering a little, you would think this would come in handy...You actually see him take a mid range jumper now from different spots on the court than ever before...and im not sure what the % is, but it SEEMS to go in...

What do you guys think?

boutons_deux
04-06-2010, 09:01 AM
If Tim can pick up a couple points with jumpers, fine.

We ain't going nowhere if Tim is just another jump shooter.

His backboard shot has never impressed me. It's more difficult than a basket shot. The backboard is be very useful (and under-utilized) for some shots, but Tim's use of it from 15-20 feet at a difficult bad angle is unnecessary. It's a Tim's signature quirk. :)

cd98
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I'd rather have Tim hit those 20 footers so he can use his energy for defense and rebounding.

Go to the paint only when we need baskets and in the last 3 minutes of a close game. Or, of course, if the jumper is not falling.

jdev82
04-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I Think that he has the best shot from the key. Problem is that with his knees and loss of "lift" he sometimes doesn't get it on the apex of his "jump" so it's off. I also think it's refreshing to see him get back to being "the big fundamental" in the Post. He seems to just have forgotten about getting position with his body and attempting a measured jump hook or the other nuances of low post play. To many times this season he has just made a move and flailed his arms, looking for the call instead of getting a quality shot off.

Overall I think its best you're post players play in the "Painted area" most of the time and I don't want Tim being like Gasoll or...lord help us if he was, Dirk and chucking shots from distance...

Its fine an good as a "change up" but no he is more effective doing work down low and being in position for rebounds

stop using "quotation marks"

Dex
04-06-2010, 10:51 AM
http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2008/12/air_quotes.jpg

Technique
04-06-2010, 12:05 PM
:lol

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
http://www.getreligion.org/wp-content/photos/2008/12/air_quotes.jpg

:rollin