PDA

View Full Version : "creative" idea for manu's next contract

clubalien
04-06-2010, 12:37 PM
i think manu wants to renew his contract and for maybe 4 years. spurs are fearful he will be injured and hurt their cap.
solution:get him a 4 year contract for vet min
and a 80M CONTRACT as Directory of International relations for the spurs

maunu=long term contract
manu=paid well
spurs=manu without worry of cap

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
:deadhorse

Dex
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
You're gonna catch flack for this thread title.

JamStone
04-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Apparently you aren't familiar with ethical violations by circumventing the CBA.

This would be a great idea if Kevin McHale were the Spurs GM.

Mel_13
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I see a lock in this thread's future.

Phenomanul
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Ibtl

greyforest
04-06-2010, 01:19 PM
"creative" = 80 million dollars out of the fucking blue

YoMamaIsCallin
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Non-starter. CBA violation.

Please sit down and shut up.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
The guy the Spurs got from the Houston area was Dennis Lindsey, not Jeff Skilling.

ElNono
04-06-2010, 01:40 PM
http://content.pyzam.com/funnypics/misc/DoingItWrong6.jpg

clubalien
04-06-2010, 02:15 PM
sean is a tv anlast for the spurs

AJ was a coach for the mavs

I don;t see how it can be a CBA violation if you cannot prove it.

That stops an organization from hiring ex players.

What if the president of Nike was a laker fan... would the NBA not allow lebron a 50 M shoe contract bonus if he signs with a bigger media market team.

Interrohater
04-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm sure someone will explain it all to you soon... I'll just insert a random post here.

YoMamaIsCallin
04-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I can't believe you are still here. If anything what you are saying is stupider than what you were saying before. And that's a very high bar of stupidity.

sean is a tv anlast for the spurs

AJ was a coach for the mavs

So what? If Manu Ginobili retires from the Spurs he can have these jobs too. I don't think that's what he or the Spurs has in mind, do you?

I don't see how it can be a CBA violation if you cannot prove it.

Oh, OK, we'll just give him a giant pile of money UNDER THE TABLE. Are you crazy? (a), the Spurs don't operate this way. (b), they'd be sure to be found out, and extremely harsh penalties would ensue.

That stops an organization from hiring ex players.

Completely false.

What if the president of Nike was a laker fan... would the NBA not allow lebron a 50 M shoe contract bonus if he signs with a bigger media market team.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with your proposal, which is that the Spurs pay him a salary based on having a job with the Spurs organization in addition to him being a player for the Spurs. The NBA has nothing to say about players' shoe contracts.

That said... Nike is a publicly traded company. The president has a duty to the stockholders. The president cannot arbitrarily give away the companies' money without there being a plan for there being a return on that money, or he will surely be fired, and perhaps even jailed for financial fraud.

TD 21
04-06-2010, 04:15 PM
They could exploit a loophole in the collective bargaining agreement, similar to how they structured McDyess's contract, by giving Ginobili a 3rd or 4th (if he insists on 3 guaranteed years) year that is partially guaranteed. So they could pay him fair market value, which is probably $11-13 million a season, then they could guarantee only, say, $1 million for final year (again, 3rd or 4th) and partially guarantee the contract, which would still allow him to make fair market value, just spread out throughout an extra year to help ease the Spurs salary cap burden/luxury tax bill.