PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 FA's this summer per fanhouse..(4 spurs on list)

yavozerb
04-06-2010, 02:43 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/04/06/top-50-2010-nba-free-agents/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

Manu is #12
Ian Mahinmi #34 (didnt expect this one)
RMJ #41
Bonner #44

I was shocked that Ian was ranked so high and ahead alot of good players..

Libri
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
This is what they say about Ian.

The Skinny: Mahinmi has played sparingly in the pros, having been injured in 2008-09 and usually hanging around on the bench or in the NBA D-League as a Spurs prospect. When he does play, he performs. He ranks as the third best player in D-League history according to PER, one of its most efficient players, a great shotblocker and rebounder. So why does he see only garbage time in San Antonio? Beats me. Someone needs to unleash him, though.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Not surprising to me and my fellow Ian supporters..of course the many Ian haters will now argue, but that's what they always do..

Ian will receive a contract from somebody..he's still young, he has good size and great physical tools..he produces good numbers when he's on the floor..his turnover numbers are a product of being the #1 option on offense, something he obviously isn't suited for, and while he does have a foul problem, the inexperience factor certainly deserves a lot of blame for that..

It's a poor list overall though, I won't lie..

ffadicted
04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
lol @ Scola's 09-10 team being the spurs. Everyone always looking for an opportunity to add insult to injury

blkroadrunners
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
lol @ Scola's 09-10 team being the spurs. Everyone always looking for an opportunity to add insult to injury

Whoa, I didn't even notice that.

clubalien
04-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I will have to say that after manu single handled wins the NBA finals MVP he should be behind lebron as top free agent. Sadly not number 1 because of age.

I mean who wouldn't want a less than max level player(in a bad economic environment) that won't hurt your cap, will win you games, and most importantly put fans in your stands(to help bring in money!)

When you factor the price of money versus what he brings to a team. He is the best value in the world.

Just like drafting larry allen in the 2nd round is such a huge draft choice.

alchemist
04-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Bonner >>> The "Great One"

clubalien
04-06-2010, 03:36 PM
This is what they say about Ian.

someone that can score "Ian with 21 points, 13 rebounds, and 6 blocks at the half. " is worth a look.

Remember how o'neal was stuck on portland before becoming an allstar. That is the talent ian has.

Even the spurs were willing to trade for butler and he wasn't able to bring anything near ians ability.

Brazil
04-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I hope we won't regret to have waited for Manu and to not have signed for a small amount Ian

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
The whole list is terrible.

Martin R
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Manu is EASILY a Top 10

spursfaninla
04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
This list has good spots and bad.

They could not miss in putting the first 3, sure.

Yao is done probably. Why even have him in there? You can't be a franchise player if you are playing 60% of the games. Sorry. He should be way lower.

Cant' argue about dirk either, and boozer/stoudamire/pierce/gay are all at least as important to their teams (generally) as manu. Considering manu's injury history, I am ok with him coming after them.

I think because of Manu's March, we may be valuing him higher than other fans, and that is reasonable because we don't know how long he will continue this play.

Basically they put manu as the last actually good player on the list; the rest after him are mostly back of the rotation guys, except for scola and Howard who is still young enough to be good if he recovers from the ACL.

itzsoweezee
04-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Lol. You mean lord Popovich might actually be a horrible evaluator of basketball talent? I am shocked.

outmap
04-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I like Will Bynum and Amir Johnson in a Spurs uniform next year, they're really good and would come cheap.
Kelenna Azubuike, Travis Outlaw, Brendan Haywood, Luke Ridnour, Raymond Felton and Ronnie Brewer might also be considered if comes at a bargain.

Creation88
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
didnt realize Dirk might be up. can't believe no one is talking about him.

Creation88
04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
damn i would love David Lee here. might go for less......because he's white.

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 08:47 PM
didnt realize Dirk might be up. can't believe no one is talking about him.

I believe he has an option if im not mistaken.either player or team.. either way it will be picked up.

Creation88
04-06-2010, 08:50 PM
would love Brewer here too.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Pop would hate David Lee..he might be the worst defensive big in the NBA..

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 08:52 PM
brewer would be nice

duhoh
04-06-2010, 09:08 PM
brewer/azubuike would be a nice addition

dbestpro
04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Blair has done ok on offense but they are bunnies provided by Manu. He has negated any offense with his very poor defensive effort.

JustBlaze
04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/nba.fanhouse.com/media/2010/02/outlaw-tz-100.jpg
:lmao:lmao

BTW, Childress @ 13 is just absurd. How are you going to rank this scrub over Ray Allen, Scola, Felton, Haslem, Salmons, etc...

Also, hope the Nuggets somehow grab Mike Miller in the Off-season. Seems like he has always been on shitty teams, I think he would do wonders for good teams that are trying to take their game to the next level.

TIMMYD!
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Might as well take Manu off that list...

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Damn, looking at that list this could be a summer where a lot of teams will go from contenders to lottery-bound and viceversa.

Maybe later most of the players remain with their current teams, but there's a chance of watching a wild summer market.

timtonymanu
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM
I know Manu is out but I would have ranked it:

Manu
Bonner
Mahinmi

Bogans

Mason

SenorSpur
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Not surprising to me and my fellow Ian supporters..of course the many Ian haters will now argue, but that's what they always do..

Ian will receive a contract from somebody..he's still young, he has good size and great physical tools..he produces good numbers when he's on the floor..his turnover numbers are a product of being the #1 option on offense, something he obviously isn't suited for, and while he does have a foul problem, the inexperience factor certainly deserves a lot of blame for that..

It's a poor list overall though, I won't lie..

I'm glad someone else has recognized the potential in Mahinmi. I realize many of us Ian supporters have beaten this :deadhorse issue to death, but allow me to beat it some more.

I don't get how anyone can definitively call Ian a bust, especially when he hasn't gotten enough court time to earn any kind of label. He has, however, shown flashes of good skill. Skills that no other frontcourt player has.

With his ability to rebound, block shots, run the floor, and generate some offense around the basket, there's no reason he cannot be a rotation player next year. If he wasn't working hard and cutting in practice, he would've been long gone by now.

I think the Spurs would be big fools to allow him to go elsewhere and flourish. The Spurs are in no position to jettison a young, athletic, frontcourt player. Besides, it's not as if the Spurs' roster is stocked with the likes of Greg Oden, Demarcus Cousins and Brook Lopez. If they can sign him to a relatively cheap 2-year contract, with perhaps a team option on the 2nd year, they should jump on it. If he doesn't pan out, then he becomes a potential tradeable asset.

Bruno
04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
It will be difficult for Ian to find a new team next year.

If I'm a GM, my first reaction about Mahinmi would be: "Spurs are one of the best franchise in the league. They had him 3 years under contract and they've decided to give up on him. So, he likely isn't a that interesting young player."

Ian is a good guy. If Spurs don't want him back, I hope he will find a team where he will be able to get some consistent minutes.