PDA

View Full Version : So who wants Haynesworth?

Bigzax
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora reports league sources believe the Titans would be interested in bringing back Albert Haynesworth "at the right price."

The key to any Haynesworth deal is money.

The Redskins just paid him a $21M bonus, and they'll want potential trade partners to kick back a good portion of that loot.

Per LaCanfora, Haynesworth has a "strained relationship" with many teammates,
and Mike Shanahan wants to deal him before the draft to improve the culture at Redskins Park.

The Skins are also "strongly interested" in an Adam Carriker/Haynesworth swap.

bresilhac
04-06-2010, 06:12 PM
NFL.com's Jason LaCanfora reports league sources believe the Titans would be interested in bringing back Albert Haynesworth "at the right price."

The key to any Haynesworth deal is money.

The Redskins just paid him a $21M bonus, and they'll want potential trade partners to kick back a good portion of that loot.

Per LaCanfora, Haynesworth has a "strained relationship" with many teammates,
and Mike Shanahan wants to deal him before the draft to improve the culture at Redskins Park.

The Skins are also "strongly interested" in an Adam Carriker/Haynesworth swap.

I wonder what "strained relationship" actually means in real terms? I thought Haynesworth was well liked at Redskin Park. I guess I was wrong. In defense of a trade Albert did not have a great season in 2009 and was oft injured in the latter part of the season. Still a potent force when healthy however. Let's see if Shanahan/Allen can get equal value or something approaching it for Al.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-06-2010, 06:29 PM
It'd basically be a trade for the next three years, when his contract is extremely palatable.

I'd be tempted.

K-State Spur
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
My guess is that this is a more a 3-4/4-3 issue that anything. But Washington doesn't want to say they think he is a bad 3-4 fit (he is) because then they eliminate half of their potential trading partners.

Hooks
04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
The skins should at least try to get something good for trading Haynesworth, they need draft picks or an O-Lineman to protect Donnie Nabb.

Kai
04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I want him.

tlongII
04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
If Haynesworth is in shape he's worth mega-money. Big if though.

LakerHater
04-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Report: Haynesworth Likely to be Dealt on Friday

SportingNews 3 hours, 30 minutes ago

The Redskins are likely to trade Albert Haynesworth to the Titans, according to NFL and team sources cited by NFL.com. Tennessee may give up a third-round pick to reacquire the defensive tackle, who moved to Washington as a free agent last offseason.

While several teams are denying trade talk around Haynesworth, the Redskins are still shopping him and have had recent conversations with the Lions, Titans and Vikings, the report says.

While Detroit seems like an unlikely landing spot for Haynesworth since the Lions drafted DT Ndamukong Suh with the No. 2 overall selection in the NFL draft, the Vikings, who are concerned about DT Pat Williams’ age and future, and the Titans are seen as potential destinations for Haynesworth.