PDA

View Full Version : West playoff predictions

SpursDynasty
04-06-2010, 08:37 PM
1. Lakers - This team is good when they make their shots. But what happens when their shots don't fall? They are just an average run of the mill team in the West. Starting 17 of 21 at home to open the season gave this team the #1 seed in the West, but I doubt this team will do much in the postseason. They could lose in the first round if they meet the Blazers or Spurs. I'm just not impressed with this team. Outside of Kobe and Gasol, it's a pretty weak team. Kobe is not as good as he and everyone thinks he is. Jordan had 6 NBA championships after 14 years. This is Kobe's 14th season in the NBA, and he still won't match that. Jordan > Kobe. If the Lakers have a fair schedule like everyone else early on, they'd be the 7th or 8th seed or possibly not even make the playoffs. The Spurs dominated in two of the four matchups against them and gave another meeting away in the 4th quarter. The Spurs will easily take care of this team whether it's in the first round, second, or WCF. The Lakers are afraid of the Spurs. At 55-22, this team is just not as good as it was with Ariza.

2. Dallas Mavericks - Another team that just happened to win one more game than the rest of the top 8 teams in the West. They're not that good. This team is a non-factor in the West. Average defensively and there are no All-Stars on this team. They won 13 straight, but they were all against easy teams. Sure they have 10 straight seasons of 50 or more wins, but the Spurs have 11 straight seasons of 50 or more wins and have 4 championships to go with that. So they're just not that good. 1st round exit.

3. Denver Nuggets - It's too bad that they are without Kenyon Martin and missing George Karl. This team was set to do some serious damage in the postseason. Probably the most solid team in the West all season besides the Spurs. If the Spurs don't win the West, I would have picked these guys to win it. This team had no problems against the Lakers.

4. Utah Jazz - Not too sure about this team anymore. I used to like these guys before they started folding year after year come playoff time. They're not necessarily doing anything impressive this year, just winning at home and losing on the road. This team needs homecourt advantage to make it to the second round of the playoffs. Better than Dallas and the Lakers but not as good as the Nuggets or Spurs.

5. Phoenix Suns - Enough said. Does anyone care anymore?

6. Oklahoma City Thunder - I see these guys like the 2004-2007 Suns, 2005 Seattle Sonics, and 2008 New Orleans Hornets. Pretty good in the regular season, but don't have what it takes to do anything in the playoffs. This first year in the playoffs will be a learning experience for this team, but they're not ready to do much in the postseason other than get swept. Kevin Durant deserves the MVP award but the MVP award is a regular season award.

7. Spurs - Tim Duncan, the 2002-2007 Manu, a rested Tony Parker, a Richard Jefferson finally fitting into his role, solid role players in Blair and McDyess, is there a better team in the league right now? George Hill, if he comes back, is just another piece. This team's victories against Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, and the Lakers were not surprises. They just went out and beat teams they were supposed to beat. No trash talking here, but those teams are just routine games that the Spurs win. The Lakers can't beat the Spurs, the Nuggets without Martin are vulnerable, so the Spurs will pretty much have a cakewalk to the Finals this year and sweep LeBron again.

8. Portland Trailblazers - This team is like the 2004-2007 Suns, 2005 Sonics, 2008 Hornets, and OKC this year, only they are softer than those teams. They have a knack for beating the Lakers, so I see a first round victory in the playoffs for this team if they run into the Lakers. Then they'll get swept in the second round.

Prediction: Spurs win the West

mavs>spurs2
04-06-2010, 08:41 PM
sup timvp glad to see you posting again, even under your trolls

ffadicted
04-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Excellent thought out breakdown, agree 100%

Findog
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM

:lol

Ditty
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
1. Lakers - This team is good when they make their shots. But what happens when their shots don't fall? They are just an average run of the mill team in the West. Starting 17 of 21 at home to open the season gave this team the #1 seed in the West, but I doubt this team will do much in the postseason. They could lose in the first round if they meet the Blazers or Spurs. I'm just not impressed with this team. Outside of Kobe and Gasol, it's a pretty weak team. Kobe is not as good as he and everyone thinks he is. Jordan had 6 NBA championships after 14 years. This is Kobe's 14th season in the NBA, and he still won't match that. Jordan > Kobe. If the Lakers have a fair schedule like everyone else early on, they'd be the 7th or 8th seed or possibly not even make the playoffs. The Spurs dominated in two of the four matchups against them and gave another meeting away in the 4th quarter. The Spurs will easily take care of this team whether it's in the first round, second, or WCF. The Lakers are afraid of the Spurs. At 55-22, this team is just not as good as it was with Ariza.

2. Dallas Mavericks - Another team that just happened to win one more game than the rest of the top 8 teams in the West. They're not that good. This team is a non-factor in the West. Average defensively and there are no All-Stars on this team. They won 13 straight, but they were all against easy teams. Sure they have 10 straight seasons of 50 or more wins, but the Spurs have 11 straight seasons of 50 or more wins and have 4 championships to go with that. So they're just not that good. 1st round exit.

3. Denver Nuggets - It's too bad that they are without Kenyon Martin and missing George Karl. This team was set to do some serious damage in the postseason. Probably the most solid team in the West all season besides the Spurs. If the Spurs don't win the West, I would have picked these guys to win it. This team had no problems against the Lakers.

4. Utah Jazz - Not too sure about this team anymore. I used to like these guys before they started folding year after year come playoff time. They're not necessarily doing anything impressive this year, just winning at home and losing on the road. This team needs homecourt advantage to make it to the second round of the playoffs. Better than Dallas and the Lakers but not as good as the Nuggets or Spurs.

6. Oklahoma City Thunder - I see these guys like the 2004-2007 Suns, 2005 Seattle Sonics, and 2008 New Orleans Hornets. Pretty good in the regular season, but don't have what it takes to do anything in the playoffs. This first year in the playoffs will be a learning experience for this team, but they're not ready to do much in the postseason other than get swept. Kevin Durant deserves the MVP award but the MVP award is a regular season award.

7. Spurs - Tim Duncan, the 2002-2007 Manu, a rested Tony Parker, a Richard Jefferson finally fitting into his role, solid role players in Blair and McDyess, is there a better team in the league right now? George Hill, if he comes back, is just another piece. This team's victories against Cleveland, Boston, Orlando, and the Lakers were not surprises. They just went out and beat teams they were supposed to beat. No trash talking here, but those teams are just routine games that the Spurs win. The Lakers can't beat the Spurs, the Nuggets without Martin are vulnerable, so the Spurs will pretty much have a cakewalk to the Finals this year and sweep LeBron again.

8. Portland Trailblazers - This team is like the 2004-2007 Suns, 2005 Sonics, 2008 Hornets, and OKC this year, only they are softer than those teams. They have a knack for beating the Lakers, so I see a first round victory in the playoffs for this team if they run into the Lakers. Then they'll get swept in the second round.

Prediction: Spurs win the West

:worthy: spursdynasty speaks the truth

best poster nuff said :toast

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
:worthy: spursdynasty speaks the truth

best poster nuff said :toast

Forum: NBA Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3) http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/post_old.gif 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM Replies: 45
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/Style_Templates/Flashskin/statusicon/thread_hot.gif If the Lakers win the championship... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127858)
Views: 1,282
Posted By SpursDynasty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7674)
If the Lakers win the championship... (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3439156#post3439156)

I'll leave this forum for life.

I am doing this to prove to everyone how much of a non-factor the Lakers are in the playoffs. They haven't accomplished anything. They just want to come out, shoot...

If he really speaks the truth, he wouldn't be posting here!

I wonder if he's going to do this again this year

Findog
04-06-2010, 10:35 PM
If he really speaks the truth, he wouldn't be posting here!

I wonder if he's going to do this again this year

SpursDynasty fuckin' rules. I don't care if he breaks some "I'll leave the forum if X happens" pledge.

dirk4mvp
04-06-2010, 10:39 PM
SpursDynasty fuckin' rules. I don't care if he breaks some "I'll leave the forum if X happens" pledge.

Agreed. Jeff follows no lame rules like that.

redzero
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
sup timvp glad to see you posting again, even under your trolls

timvpimp
04-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Jeff is a Mavs fan, which was quite a secret concealed well before this thread that he made. Jeff's prediction hands the Mavs the only team they're possibly going to defeat named San Antonio Spurs. Little hope for Spurs if their first round opponents are the Dallas blues

TheSullyMonster
04-07-2010, 10:50 AM
2. Dallas Mavericks - ... and there are no All-Stars on this team.

What? Dirk?

poop
04-07-2010, 10:58 AM
What? Dirk?

haha i liked that little shot too. SD is a master.

Chucho
04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Spurs are an 8th seed for a god reason. Yall don't have shit to get excited about.

Don't you have some pussy to go chase? Hopefully it doesn't claw and scratch while you're trying to keeps it's tail out of the way. I heard flea bites are a bitch, too.

No need to still be all butt hurt about the Fakers getting their teeth punched down their fucking throats twice by the Spurs this year.