PDA

View Full Version : channel not available try again later?

blizz
04-06-2010, 10:17 PM
WTF??!?!?!!! I've had it with TWC...I can't watch the game in HD and the regular feed blacks out every minute or so for a few seconds then comes back on. They've run new lines, I'm on my 4th box, amplified the signal and still can't get this shit fixed. I'm close to going to UVerse.

Slydragon
04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
I set my dvr to record it, come home and notice the record light off. Tune to the ch. and it says, my recording will begin when the channel becomes available.

Stupid shit made me miss pretty much all the game.

blizz
04-07-2010, 12:15 AM
what area are you in? that's interesting...it sounds like it's not isolated to my service then.

JudynTX
04-07-2010, 07:25 AM
WTF??!?!?!!! I've had it with TWC...I can't watch the game in HD and the regular feed blacks out every minute or so for a few seconds then comes back on. They've run new lines, I'm on my 4th box, amplified the signal and still can't get this shit fixed. I'm close to going to UVerse.

:bang Same here. Our box freezes up too, have to reboot it, hate that shit.

Shaolin-Style
04-07-2010, 07:27 AM
We get this problem off and on at random also. It's a real pain.

I also hate when I get a "Changing date to..." message after I hit the guide when I had just saw info about the stuff coming for that day and it takes like 5 mins.

robino2001
04-07-2010, 07:54 AM
My parents bought hdtv's late in 08. At the time, they upgraded their TWC to an HD package and some other things. The tv in the bedroom that my mother watches gets all of the channels like she should, but the tv in the living room my father watches gets ~20% of the channels they actually subscribe to... and most of the missing ones are the sports HD ones he'd watch. I call TWC when I'm down sometimes or I'll get them to call and a technician inevitably comes out and essentially says tough shit.

I've had my own problems with TWC in SA and in Austin and will never use them again... it's frustrating to see my semi-elderly parents get dicked over by them and not have the energy to fight it. It's a shame there isn't too much competition out there to keep them on their toes.

SpursWoman
04-07-2010, 08:12 AM
This happens to us constantly ... on lots of different channels. We've switched out the box already, but haven't done anything with the amplifier yet. It really pisses me off ... and has been much worse in the last couple of weeks. :flipoff

Melmart1
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I can deal with the fuzzy reception that I sometimes get. Not happy about it, but I deal. My biggest bitch is that my cable modem will go out almost anytime there is a fricken' storm. And it's not just me or my area, my friend who lives out by UTSA (I live in Monticello Park) has the exact same problem.

MoSpur
04-07-2010, 09:03 AM
I have had U-Verse for over a year already. I was a little unhappy at first because my box kept going out. I had to reboot and a technician came out and replaced the box too. It kept happening and they sent a different technician who stated the modem was a bad one and the reason for all the previous problems. He gave me a new one and haven't had any problems since. I love that I can record from all the boxes in the house and watch the shows in different rooms.

I've never had Time Warner so I can't comment on their service.

Stringer_Bell
04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Wow. I thought I was the only one putting up with that bullshit. I've never had a problem with the internet connection, by the TV "signals" are always fucked (and I have an amplifier on 24/7).

Channel not available. Freezes. Blacked out. Sometimes it even tells me the channel hasn't been purchased, but it's part of the basic package.

I only have one HD box in the house and I pay for cable because it's the only game in town, but it's really annoying to miss shows or have games disrupted cuz their shit is faulty.

to21
04-07-2010, 10:47 AM
I've been a TW customer since I got my own place (1994) and since that time they've gotten worse and worse as the years have gone by. Up until last November, I canceled everything (except RR, yeah they still have me by the balls) and went with DirecTV. The HD reception is a lot better IMO and all the extra channels I get are still cheaper than going with TW. U-verse was my first choice but couldn't go with them at the time.

Parents constantly deal with the channel not available try again later problem also.

Frenzy
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I never head a problem with "channel unavailable" Usually if the cable goes out it's just the box. I've had TWC for about 4 years here. Had problems like 4 or 5 times. Almost like a yearly thing. I have been wanting to try dish. Don't know if i should...still debating.

My twc "price lock" (contract in other words :rolleyes )is up in one month.

JudynTX
04-07-2010, 11:20 AM
I never head a problem with "channel unavailable" Usually if the cable goes out it's just the box. I've had TWC for about 4 years here. Had problems like 4 or 5 times. Almost like a yearly thing. I have been wanting to try dish. Don't know if i should...still debating.

My twc "price lock" (contract in other words :rolleyes )is up in one month.

You should call TWC and tell them you are considering getting Dish and see if they try to persuade you into staying with them by offering a lower price. :lol

Negotiate with them., they don't expect us too.

blizz
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
I do that too...when my price lock is up I call, threaten to leave and get a great deal. That's the hard part about moving to Uverse...is it worth the extra 50-60 a month and "hope" I don't have any problems? Or...should I just go with satellite? I'm just fed up with this shit. I'll be the channel not available or it'll start getting all blocky, sound will get choppy and it starts freezing. It's just bullshit. I'm surprised (then again not really) to hear other people have the same problem. My parents also put up with it and it pisses me off.

mrsmaalox
04-07-2010, 12:23 PM
I have TWC and the only problem I've noticed is the "changing date" thing and the slow scrolling pace on the guide. Except for Spurs games, I rarely have my tv on more than 1 to 2 hours per day so I might just be missing some of these other problems.

I have friends who have left TWC for Direct tv and Uverse and I heard lots of complaining about each one for the first month or so; then the bitching stopped so I assumed they all got to know their systems and are happy. I am not emotionally/psychologically prepared to give ATT any more of my money, so Uverse is out of the question but I'd try Direct TV if it would save me a little money every month.

ashbeeigh
04-07-2010, 12:45 PM
I have TWC and the only problem I've noticed is the "changing date" thing and the slow scrolling pace on the guide. Except for Spurs games, I rarely have my tv on more than 1 to 2 hours per day so I might just be missing some of these other problems.

I have friends who have left TWC for Direct tv and Uverse and I heard lots of complaining about each one for the first month or so; then the bitching stopped so I assumed they all got to know their systems and are happy. I am not emotionally/psychologically prepared to give ATT any more of my money, so Uverse is out of the question but I'd try Direct TV if it would save me a little money every month.

This is where I'm at with it. We occasionally get the "channel unavialable" crap, but that happens when we're trying to do on demand stuff like hbo and showtime so I don't complain. We don't do DVR and god forbid we don't have an HD TV.

ATT has our internet, landline, and cell phone service so why the hell would I give them my cable too? No thanks.