PDA

View Full Version : Who the frick is Garrett Temple?

tim_duncan_fan
04-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Don't know who he is or wear he came from but I like him.

FkLA
04-06-2010, 10:41 PM
loved how he turned it over that one possession than came back and had a strong drive and finish after that...dont know who he is either but thumbs up for him.

Spurs Brazil
04-06-2010, 10:46 PM
He's much better than Mason

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2010, 10:48 PM
He played on the same LSU team as Big Retard and Tyrus Thomas

He was their lockdown perimeter defender.

Solid D
04-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Who the frick is Garrett Temple?

...and that is why your name isn't garrett_temple_fan. :smokin

Creation88
04-06-2010, 10:51 PM
spurstalk new love

temple > mahimi

Creation88
04-06-2010, 11:11 PM
i'm not condoning it. it's retarded to be in love with either of them.

Creation88
04-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Well Ian is crazy productive when he plays solid minutes in a game that isn't a blow out. IE the Nets earlier this season. He should be averaging around 15 minutes for the Spurs.

nuff said. :rolleyes

peskypesky
04-06-2010, 11:21 PM
damn! who is this kid???? fantastic game from him.

Sisk
04-06-2010, 11:24 PM

seriously. give him mason's spot minutes in the playoffs

TDomination
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
idk, but he played rather well and i am loving his attitude in the post game interview with bill land and carlesimo.

Manu-of-steel
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
He's an average to above average defender. He's very active on defense, i liked what i saw from him.

EricB
04-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Temple if he keeps up this effort really throws a tiny kink into the rotations.

Also Bogans tonight I thought played damn good defensively and had he made his 3s would've had an awesome night.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Wait, seriously?..Evans blew by Bogans every time tonight and Greene blew by him on the only 2 possessions where he guarded him..thankfully the help was good..he didn't really do anything of note tonight IMO..

Have to disagree with that one..

EricB
04-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Wait, seriously?..Evans blew by Bogans every time tonight and Greene blew by him on the only 2 possessions where he guarded him..thankfully the help was good..he didn't really do anything of note tonight IMO..

Have to disagree with that one..

Rewatch the 4th quarter when Bogans switched off onto Evans.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-07-2010, 12:15 AM
He played on the same LSU team as Big Retard and Tyrus Thomas

He was their lockdown perimeter defender.

This.

EricB
04-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Even though Evans was muscling him down in the post and moving him, Temple still fought back. he rotated well too.

I don't think he will, but he has that attitude that Pop likes and if he can do it against a good team like Phoenix Memphis or Denver, I think he might start stealing minutes....

NRHector
04-07-2010, 12:22 AM
He could be another George Hill if he keeps working hard

G-Dawgg
04-07-2010, 02:25 AM
He could be another George Hill if he keeps working hard

Yeah, Mahinmi could be another David Robinson and Hairston another Sead Elliott too... j/k

Halberto
04-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Can we all wait and see him play another game?

raspsa
04-07-2010, 03:34 AM
What little I saw of him was positive, he seemed to be quite poised for a rookie. He'll be an interesting player to watch in the coming games.

BillMc
04-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Great job by the kid tonight...

SenorSpur
04-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Excellent job by Temple tonight. Looked very poised and made some great decisions. He looked like he belonged. I especially loved his drive and over-the-shoulder kick pass to Duncan for the nice assist.

Temple does seem to have more of a natural feel for the PG position. I know it's only one game and a small sample size, but if he keeps developing and emerging and with his ability to defend and length, Pop will be forced to find some regular season minutes for him.

I'd love it if Temple emerges as the primary backup PG for next season, thereby allowing Hill to remain the starting SG and offloading some of Manu's ball-handling responsibilities.

Stand
04-07-2010, 06:48 AM
nuff said. :rolleyes

Well considering we just LOST to them I'd say you are pretty off base.

Bruno
04-07-2010, 07:21 AM
The best about all these young players (Temple, Gee, Hairston and Jerrels) is that Spurs are in a great situation to evaluate them.

Spurs have the whole summer to work with them and to evaluate them before deciding who to keep at the end of next training camp. Players kept will have a low salary in 2010-2011 and Spurs will be in a good position to keep the best(s) of them in the 2011 summer because they will be restricted free agent.

For the moment, 3 of these players (Temple, Gee and Hairston) have shown some good things. And even if none of these players end up as NBA material, Spurs haven't invested tons of money on these players. It's a low risk gamble. Props to Spurs for trying to find some good players.

wildbill2u
04-07-2010, 07:31 AM
For the moment, 3 of these players (Temple, Gee and Hairston) have shown some good things. And even if none of these players end up as NBA material, Spurs haven't invested tons of money on these players. It's a low risk gamble. Props to Spurs for trying to find some good players.

Spurs need some low salaried players on the roster next year to make up for all the money it will take to keep Manu.

It's gonna be whipped cream on the pie if these young guys can actually come in and contribute. In the past our low salaried end of the bench guys have always been vets with no upside, just playing out the string like Nick Van E.

One game does not an NBA player make, but damn he had some nice stats. Even More props to him for being able to contibute to a win when we were shorthanded. That was huge in our quest for 50.

Hemotivo
04-07-2010, 08:25 AM
...and that is why your name isn't garrett_temple_fan. :smokin

:lol

dbestpro
04-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Temple provided a huge lift when we needed it most. Having said that I am of the mind that we need to take a wait and see approach. His offense seems miles ahead of Hairston, but he was guarded by no D Beno and a no block interior D. The brightest spot was his agressive offense. He took it to the rack while other guys kept chucking it or passing it.

SpursRulez4eVeR
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
so is temple eligible to play in the playoff?

SpurCharger
04-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Good Game Tonight..... But it was Against The Kings.... So Lets See how he does down the stretch.

rjv
04-07-2010, 09:44 AM

who isn't ?

JR3
04-07-2010, 10:44 AM
He played well... i saw him fill some george hill holes.. he hit a corner 3. played decent defense... and finished on the break a couple of times... nice game.. hope he can do that again against phoenix.

JR3
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
The best about all these young players (Temple, Gee, Hairston and Jerrels) is that Spurs are in a great situation to evaluate them.

Spurs have the whole summer to work with them and to evaluate them before deciding who to keep at the end of next training camp. Players kept will have a low salary in 2010-2011 and Spurs will be in a good position to keep the best(s) of them in the 2011 summer because they will be restricted free agent.

and props to finley leaving.

Libri
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM

I think Hairston and Temple are the front runners. The Spurs are going to expect more out of these two during the summer.

Bruno
04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I think Hairston and Temple are the front runners. The Spurs are going to expect more out of these two during the summer.

Don't underestimate Gee. He was great with Wizards and Spurs have outbid them to steal him from them. Signs point in the direction that Spurs are also high on him. I'm not sure Hairston and Temple are more favorite than him to get a roster spot.

Jerrels seems to be more a long term project. The fact that Spurs assigned him to Austin the day he signed with Spurs was telling about that.

scottspurs
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
We will see what he can do against Nash defensively. If he impresses then I'll be all for keeping temple for next season.

Bender
04-07-2010, 03:15 PM
so is temple eligible to play in the playoff?
I was wondering the same thing.

he seems pretty decent... I hope we keep him.

E-RockWill
04-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Temple is eligible for the playoffs.

The FO is really high on Alonzo Gee. They tried to bring him in earlier, but had to settle for Cedric Jackson due to Alonzo being w/ the Wiz. I really thought the Wizards were gonna sign him for the season. Spurs think enough of him to lock him up for camp next year w/ an guaranteed contract.

TJastal
04-07-2010, 04:23 PM
Gee and Temple replace Bogans and Mason next year?

jjktkk
04-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Gee and Temple replace Bogans and Mason next year?

You figure Gee, and Hairston into the mix as well for next year. Mason will be gone, but I could see Pop resigning Bogans. Bogans, while not starting material, is a tough defender, who is a good guy to bring off the bench.

SenorSpur
04-07-2010, 06:02 PM
You figure Gee, and Hairston into the mix as well for next year. Mason will be gone, but I could see Pop resigning Bogans. Bogans, while not starting material, is a tough defender, who is a good guy to bring off the bench.

Can anyone imagine Pop NOT resigning "the Centerpiece".

I couldn't resist.

Mel_13
04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
As long as no other team is willing to give Bogans more than the vet min, he'll probably be back on another one year contract for a small amount over the minimum (the Spurs can give him 20% above the minimum). Mason is gone.

raspsa
04-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Bogans is the most physical defender the Spurs have and an upgrade on Udoka. He'll have a job on the Spurs because he fills a niche that no one else can or is willing to do.

BackHome
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
I like Bogans because he is physical and he does a pretty decent job of guarding players like Kobe. I am not sure Hairston has the foot speed to guard those type of players and Temple is not strong enough to guard those players not sure of Gee?

We all know that Mason and Ian are both gone but do the Spurs re sign Bonner to a contract?

tim_duncan_fan
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Bump.

austN Spur
07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
guess your watching the summer league game. 11 points so far for temple with a 44-30 lead over the twolves

DPG21920
07-12-2010, 06:19 PM
No question in my mind that two young players should replace Mason/Bogans. No need to bring a guy like that back when you have Temple/Gee/Malik to choose from imo.

spursfan1000
07-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Hes a good player for spot minutes, I liked what I saw from him last season in the minutes he did get, hopefully he will be on Spurs roster next season.

tim_duncan_fan
07-12-2010, 06:31 PM
I believe he will be on the roster for sure. He has game.

tim_duncan_fan
07-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Fucking scrub hurts Temple.

Awesome.

rayray2k8
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Nice. We jinxed him. :td rolled his ankle

Hooks
07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Noooooo!!!!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Resigning Keith Bogans would be a disaster.