PDA

View Full Version : Is it destiny that we play the Mavs in the first round again?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Past couple weeks have sure seemed that way.

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 11:25 PM
I know a lot of people shit bricks when it comes to them but i wouldn't mind them this year. i think we are peaking at the right time playing great basketball and they have been overrated since that trade. Utah and maybe Phoenix might be better teams then they are...

DesignatedT
04-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I'd rather play the Lakers first round than the Mavs. Mavs have our number for sure.

no way.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2010, 11:37 PM
I would rather play Phoenix or Denver over the Mavs.

The problem with the Mavs is that they have 110% complete confidence that they can beat the shit out of us. With a sport as mental as basketball, that is a huge edge.

the crimson blur
04-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Every advanced stat says that Dallas is actually not very good. They have a SRS of 1.88, the lowest of all West teams by a long shot, lower than the Heat and almost equal to the Bobcats. Their offensive and defensive rating are mediocre too (11th and 14th), with their eFG% given up being 16th in the league. One of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the league and an average defensive rebounding one.

Take a split of post trade and they are similarly bad. They are slumping hard right now, and their rotations are still being fiddled with.

...with how hard the West is, you gotta take your chances against a team like that instead of facing someone like the Jazz or Thunder.

Sean Cagney
04-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I'd rather play the Lakers first round than the Mavs. Mavs have our number for sure.

Ur outta your fukkin mind too.. Thats all.

The problem with the Mavs is that they have 110% complete confidence that they can beat the shit out of us. With a sport as mental as basketball, that is a huge edge.

Things change man, we had their number too and they were our little brother! After 06 they have done better though (We got them 3-1 and were better in 08 though, heads forget that!). Things change, one game or two and it all could change.

NRHector
04-07-2010, 12:04 AM
We have a debt to settle with the Mavs, bring them on

ffadicted
04-07-2010, 12:13 AM
If the basketball gods want us to take revenge, revenge is shall be :makemyday

pawe
04-07-2010, 12:55 AM
I want the Mavs. I want the dish that is usually best served cold.

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 12:57 AM
Fuck the Mavs.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-07-2010, 01:44 AM
Fuck the Mavs.

Couldn't have said it more eloquently myself. :toast

alchemist
04-07-2010, 01:44 AM
I don't care what the stats say, give me the Lakers before the Mavs. Mavs turn into the '92 Dream Team every freaking time they play San Antonio.

duhoh
04-07-2010, 01:47 AM
I don't care what the stats say, give me the Lakers before the Mavs. Mavs turn into the '92 Dream Team every freaking time they play San Antonio.

haha yeah, and they disappear when they don't play SAS :lol

Ghazi
04-07-2010, 02:15 AM
If Im the spurs Id rather play the Nuggets/Suns before the Mavs, and the Mavs are more desirable than the Jazz/Lakers.

ezau
04-07-2010, 02:25 AM
The Mavs are a tough matchup against the Spurs

Sean Cagney
04-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Yeah they are a tough matchup no doubt, they are rivals and Terry and Dirk shoot the lights out late vs SA! But what if that changes this year? I mean something has to give right?

Budkin
04-07-2010, 03:35 AM

So true... seems like they can't miss a shot when they play us.

Ghazi
04-07-2010, 03:38 AM
Terry played/shot like shit v the Spurs in the playoffs last year and in the 3 games this year.

SenorSpur
04-07-2010, 04:06 AM
Because of how poorly the Spurs had been playing up until about 2 weeks ago, a possible first-round matchup with the Mavs was one I dreaded. The possibility of having the Mavs eliminate the Spurs two years in a row is just unthinkable for me. We all know the Mavs somehow morph into the 80's Fakers against the Spurs.

Now, with the Spurs team rounding into, what looks like, a playoff-ready team, I'm starting to think such a playoff matchup wouldn't be so bad, after all.

04-07-2010, 04:12 AM
the spurs playing the mavs is like playing against a team of derek fishers. they always seem to turn it on against the spurs.

Mr.Robinson
04-07-2010, 04:25 AM
Fuck the Mavs.

This.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 04:51 AM

Exactly. I'm less scared of the Fakers than the Mavs for that reason. Although I'm scared of the Fakers for another reason - 4 games at Staples and a lot of phantom foul calls going to Bryant.

Once again, we're simply going to have to be a much better team than our opposition to triumph this year, because the matchups are unlikely to be our way against a number of teams, and we won't have home court at all. Who knows whether this team is battled tested enough to do it? I don't have a clue, but I'm up for the wild ride it is sure to be!

J.T.
04-07-2010, 04:59 AM
People need to understand that even though whottt was a dork during the 2008 Presidential election for polishing Palin's vibrator every night, he's 100% on the money about the Michael Finley jinx. The Mavs only started beating us when they unloaded Finley to us. Look how good the Spurs have been since that bandwagoning fuckstick packed his bags to play for a "contender."

Yeah I know Ginobili's been beasting but clearly you fools forgot how good Manu was because he was hurt the past two years. This is just Manu being Manu. The real reason the Spurs are kicking ass is because they kicked Finley off the team. I'd take the Mavs over Lakers in the first round too. We'd kick the shit out of those chodes imho.

tl/dr; finley sucks and was stealing minutes from better players

Danny.Zhu
04-07-2010, 06:08 AM

Agreed.

jermaine
04-07-2010, 07:00 AM
If the basketball gods want us to take revenge, revenge is shall be :makemyday

I pray please Basketball Gods, bless us(the Spurs) with a chance to bounce the Mavs ass outta the playoffs! Bless Manu with the chance to redem himself from that and1 he gave Dirk! But if you see fit that we play the Mavs & have another 1rd exist, I also pray Pop loses his job. Do that for Ratt, do it for Ian, do it cuz he don't know a sf is not a pf. Please Basketball gods, whichever you'll see fit. AMEN

rascal
04-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Every advanced stat says that Dallas is actually not very good. They have a SRS of 1.88, the lowest of all West teams by a long shot, lower than the Heat and almost equal to the Bobcats. Their offensive and defensive rating are mediocre too (11th and 14th), with their eFG% given up being 16th in the league. One of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the league and an average defensive rebounding one.

Take a split of post trade and they are similarly bad. They are slumping hard right now, and their rotations are still being fiddled with.

...with how hard the West is, you gotta take your chances against a team like that instead of facing someone like the Jazz or Thunder.

The Thunder are not getting out of the 1st round. That team is too young yet and doesn't know how to win in the playoffs. Young teams have to lose first in the playoffs before they gain the confidence to succeed.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2010, 09:42 AM
I'd rather play the Nuggets, Mavs or Suns in the 1st round...Lakers or Jazz would probably get ugly.

guzmangm
04-07-2010, 09:46 AM
The Mavs are like A&M. Even if UT is ranked #1 and undefeated, A&M still makes it tough. It's a rivalry. The only thing is the Mavs are good, even though they have been waning, they'd bring it if they got the Spurs. With that said, I want the Mavs only if a guarenteed win... haha. Go Spurs Go! and Hook'em!

EmptyMan
04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
It's not destiny, it's stupidity.

Utah Jazz? LOL

Dallas Mavs, c'mon Pop.

timvpimp
04-07-2010, 09:59 AM
I'd rather Spurs play any team but the Mavs for the 1st round of playoffs, as the Dallas team always gives tough matches against Spurs. Spurs should be expected winners confronting the likes of callow teams like Thunder, Blazer, etc., but they're bound to get curbstomped if the Mavs are what they're going to fight in the 1st round.

DBMethos
04-07-2010, 10:45 AM

So true.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 11:18 AM
It really doesn't matter what a bunch of people on a message board think. I would hope that the Spurs go into the playoffs with the belief that they can beat anyone.
I, personally, fear no team and have 100% faith in my team. The playoffs are a brand new ballgame and the Mavs are not as daunting as any other match-up. A healthy Spurs team can defeat any team in the league at this point. Jason Terry is a punkass and George Hill is capable of shutting him down. Dirk is a tough cover for anyone, but I like McDyess' chances for making it tough on him. Manu is superior to Butler and every other guard on that team and Tony can run circles around JKidd. If Timmy plays up to his usual playoff greatness, it's in the bag, baby! Erica D and Haywoodjablowme are not that intimidating. They have the height, but we have a decent enough big rotation to equalize that slight advantage.
They might not be our best first round option, but the Spurs knocking out the Mavs has a revenge factor appeal that could really be a springboard for the Spurs defying the odds and making some noise this year.
The Spurs are either going to do this or not, but they shouldn't try to dodge anybody.

Bruno
04-07-2010, 11:29 AM
The 7 playoffs teams behind Lakers have records so close that it's impossible to have a good forecast on who will be Spurs first round opponent.

The last game of the season will be against Mavs, it could be a strange one with a team trying to lose it on purpose.

ManuTastic
04-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Boo hoo, we so skeered of tha mighty Mavs...

F that. I WANT to rip the heart out of the fuckin Dirk show. And shove it in Cuban's silly hairdo. I WANT to stomp on Terry's nutbag-punching face. I WANT to make Cuban cry all over his ersatz working class t-shirts.

I'm a Spurs fan.
That's what I want.

dirk4mvp
04-07-2010, 11:34 AM
The Mavs are gonna wax that ass any way spurfans look at it. The Spurs have a better chaince against the Lakers, imho.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Also, that trade that sent Humphries to NJ for Najera was extremely stupid. Humphries played well against us, Najera can serve chalupas when we hit 100pts on those bitches!

Brazil
04-07-2010, 11:46 AM
One thing I'm sure I don't want Lakers or Mavs in the first round.

Jimcs50
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM

Nope.

Teams in order who I want to play in round one(ones that are possibly going to finish in top 4):

Denver(w/o Karl at the helm)
Phoenix
Dallas
Utah
LA

that being said, since Utah is virtual lock to get 2 seed, the Spurs better finish in 6th spot, which will put them against Dallas. If they get 5th seed, then they have to play LA in Rd two. Is it better to play Dallas in round 1 or LA in round 2?

cheguevara
04-07-2010, 02:18 PM
the only player I fear from the mavs is Kidd. I'd say Mavs vs. Spurs would be a hell of a series because of Kidd and Manu

LoneStarState'sPride
04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
The Mavs are gonna wax that ass any way spurfans look at it. The Spurs have a better chaince against the Lakers, imho.

Huh, could've sworn some laker dude said something similar before last sunday's game @ Staples.....

cheguevara
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Huh, could've sworn some laker dude said something similar before last sunday's game @ Staples.....

faggots think alike

DesignatedT
04-08-2010, 12:14 AM
even after tonight were still playing them first round :lol

Findog
04-08-2010, 12:32 AM
the only player I fear from the mavs is Kidd. I'd say Mavs vs. Spurs would be a hell of a series because of Kidd and Manu

:lol

Yeah, he's the only guy you should be worried about.

Sean Cagney
04-08-2010, 12:34 AM

You are out of your F in mind then if you think we have a better chance at LA than Dallas.... Thats all. You are always here talking shit, one day it will come back to haunt you.

spursrocks
04-08-2010, 12:47 AM
we can beat mavs ass. bring on the mavs!

DubMcDub
04-08-2010, 12:50 AM

Yeah, he's the only guy you should be worried about.

:lol:lol:lol

Amarelooms
04-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Spurs want no part of the Mavs. Sure they can win but Mavs have the mental edge and don't fear or respect the Spurs really. Spurs should do everything possible to avoid that matchup :elephant

Cant_Be_Faded
04-11-2010, 02:53 PM
bump

looks like destiny brah

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM
bump

looks like destiny brah

Portland win over LA probably makes it less likely, not more likely, that the Mavs will play the Spurs.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Portland win over LA probably makes it less likely, not more likely, that the Mavs will play the Spurs.

You're an idiot.

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 05:41 PM
You're an idiot.

You again?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 05:43 PM
You again?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I would expect such vacuous response from a certifiable retard.

Why don't you go take a look at the remaining schedule for portland, OKC, San antonio, and dallas and toy with the possible outcomes in order to realize why portland's win over the lakers makes it more likely that the spurs will face dallas in the first round, not less likely.

Amarelooms
04-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Why don't you go take a look at the remaining schedule for portland, OKC, San antonio, and dallas and toy with the possible outcomes in order to realize why portland's win over the lakers makes it more likely that the spurs will face dallas in the first round, not less likely.

Only way its more likely is if the Mavs let the Spurs win that last game. If the Mavs come out and wax that ass....ya;ll are the 8th seed dummy

:elephant

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Wrong again.

Oh, I'm sorry, was that too vacuous?

:lol:lol:lol:lol

jason1301
04-11-2010, 06:15 PM
the only thing that bugs me about playing and defeating the Mavs is that we need to beat them 5 times in an eight game series. One in the reg season to secure that 7th spot, and four times in the playoffs. That's a tough thing to do.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 06:17 PM
the only thing that bugs me about playing and defeating the Mavs is that we need to beat them 5 times in an eight game series. One in the reg season to secure that 7th spot, and four times in the playoffs. That's a tough thing to do.

More like 4 games in 6 (there won't be a 7th in the playoffs).

Given how god awful this Mavericks team has proven to be against good teams in the past month and a half (they are 2-4 against good teams. That's right, the rest of their matchups have been against garbage teams) the final regular season game is virtually in the bag for the spurs.

jestersmash
04-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh, and one of those 2 wins came against a nuggets team in free fall, and the other one was when they barely squeaked by portland.

urunobili
04-11-2010, 06:36 PM
we're due a loss with the Suns... so best case is Thuggets followed by Mavettes, Fakers and Jizz in that order

DesignatedT
04-11-2010, 06:39 PM
we're due a loss with the Suns... so best case is Thuggets followed by Mavettes, Fakers and Jizz in that order

im starting to agree with this.

phoenix would take out years of frustration out against us.

DubMcDub
04-11-2010, 11:15 PM
More like 4 games in 6 (there won't be a 7th in the playoffs).

Jesus christ dude, I swear the pros couldn't write comedy this rich.

iManu
04-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Agreed.

Agreed.

Just because I want to watch them go down.