PDA

View Full Version : Post Count Means Something

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
And if you don't think so, then you better fuckin recognize.....

Have a little respect for those that help lay the foundation here.

You all know who you are.

Go Spurs.

honestfool84
04-07-2010, 12:11 AM
all hail SovereignSequSpur.

peskypesky
04-07-2010, 12:12 AM
who the fuck is a SequSpur?

hsxvvd
04-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Quantity over Quality eh?

tothrowed
04-07-2010, 12:53 AM
i respect the old school but if they aint down with us fuck em im bringing in the new school spurs fans

DynastySpurs210
04-07-2010, 12:55 AM
huh?

5in10
04-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Ive been a spurs fan my whole life.I have been a member here for 2 years. I think anyone who is a fan for along time(or just any spurs fan) should get the same amount of respect, as those who have been here forever. Its not our fault we found this site later than some. It doesn't mean were any less of fans than you foundation guys.

Fdawg07
04-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Ive been a spurs fan my whole life.I have been a member here for 2 years. I think anyone who is a fan for along time(or just any spurs fan) should get the same amount of respect, as those who have been here forever. Its not our fault we found this site later than some. It doesn't mean were any less of fans than you foundation guys.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!!!! :toast

Cry Havoc
04-07-2010, 01:22 AM

True, but you still have to make good posts in this forum to be recognized as knowledgeable about basketball/sports in general. I know people who have watched sports their entire lives and cannot see anything beyond the call of the announcer.

Not saying that's you, but there are posters here who have earned a reputation as being good, solid, sensible individuals.

Buddy Holly
04-07-2010, 01:26 AM

Go Spurs.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/4/9/9/4995bae8a471ee990726cbab4b6b2064.jpg

jjktkk

Go Spurs.

But what if we think most of your posts are just jibberish and lame? I also can't get this mental picture out of my head of you looking like some little, hairy, middle aged hobbit ,that rants and raves all the time. I promise to try and work on the respect thing though. :toast

Sisk

You're the exception to this rule, because you don't know jack shit.
:ihit

LoneStarState'sPride
04-07-2010, 01:30 AM
Fuck the post count, and fuck anyone who honestly thinks that it's a measure of your Spurs fanship. Been bleeding Silver and Black long before I bothered to even look for a Spurs website, and I'll be damned if my opinion isn't heard just because I haven't spent as much time looking at the same interface as some of you have.

timvpimp
04-07-2010, 01:33 AM
a gigantic post count only pushes you to either of two extremely opposite sides. timvp has been forged into a genius through the posts he made. on the opposite side some posters remain the same retarded sods after the thousands of posts made, which's perfectly exemplified by the respected likes of mono, mockie2001, allanon, etc.

e20dylan
04-07-2010, 01:35 AM
shut the fuck up you small ass faggot. you make these forums shitty

duhoh
04-07-2010, 01:36 AM
True, but you still have to make good posts in this forum to be recognized as knowledgeable about basketball/sports in general. I know people who have watched sports their entire lives and cannot see anything beyond the call of the announcer.

Not saying that's you, but there are posters here who have earned a reputation as being good, solid, sensible individuals.

werd. game recognize game.

Mr Bones
04-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Your existence disproves your own theory.

spursbird
04-07-2010, 02:15 AM
:rollin

stéphane
04-07-2010, 02:27 AM

A guy with two "spur" under his avatar.
"Etiquette" is a long lost word (about a year) on this board.

mookie2001
04-07-2010, 02:29 AM
It is your fault you found the site later

Whose else would it be? Post count means something

the gray posters should be studying the sequ 120 and maybe one day theyll be equal to an Argie scola fan

Supreme_Being
04-07-2010, 02:30 AM
All hail MarcusBryant.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Quantity over Quality eh?

Hey! Some of us have quantity and quality... but I get where you're going! :lmao

lennyalderette
04-07-2010, 02:32 AM
i respect the old school but if they aint down with us fuck em im bringing in the new school spurs fans
:lmao:ihit

Man In Black
04-07-2010, 02:46 AM
It's all about you, the poster.

You have a chance to let your posts tell us readers if you're a flyweight or if you're a contender for pound-for-pound.

My post count is way low compared to many other members on this forum and I've been here since Day 1. Yes, I am one of the OGs. I mostly talk basketball more than anything. But I'm always down to debate points. Hell, that why Kori & LJ made this place.

:hat

tothrowed
04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
post count means your on this shit all day everyday

Chieflion
04-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Sure, Sequ, we will all try to give you as little respect as we possibly can.

silverblk mystix
04-07-2010, 03:01 AM
Just another perspective here for whatever it is worth...

I have been a Spurs fan longer than alot of oldtimers here have been alive---but I came here with nothing but respect for the people who had been here before---

aside from the fact that I was a loooooong time lurker---I still tried to give respect...

When I finally started my first thread (aside from the 1st post-intro)...

I tried to start a worthwhile thread and not just post whatever shit came into my head---

and what happened...

I got shit on by some clown ----Aggiehoopsfan---or something like that---saying that noobs should not be able to post---

so I agree with the OP ...but I also hope the oldtimers here ---ALSO---show a little respect...

CubanSucks
04-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Didn't know spending more time posting on the internet earned you respect

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 03:20 AM

I don't think this is about whether people are loyal fans - I think it's about whether their commentary online adds anything to the debate (game threads excluded - they are a different animal).

It's all about you, the poster.

You have a chance to let your posts tell us readers if you're a flyweight or if you're a contender for pound-for-pound.

My post count is way low compared to many other members on this forum and I've been here since Day 1. Yes, I am one of the OGs. I mostly talk basketball more than anything. But I'm always down to debate points. Hell, that why Kori & LJ made this place.

:hat

Well said, sir. :toast

You have always been a quality poster. And yes, this place was founded by people who enjoy banter, but more than that engaged in quality debate about the team and the league. Unfortunately, the quality of pretty much every internet forum I've ever been on has declined as it has become diluted by ad hominem flame wars, trolling, and pointless commentary. A pity, but that's the soundbite world we live in.

stéphane
04-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Just another perspective here for whatever it is worth...

I have been a Spurs fan longer than alot of oldtimers here have been alive---but I came here with nothing but respect for the people who had been here before---

aside from the fact that I was a loooooong time lurker---I still tried to give respect...

When I finally started my first thread (aside from the 1st post-intro)...

I tried to start a worthwhile thread and not just post whatever shit came into my head---

and what happened...

I got shit on by some clown ----Aggiehoopsfan---or something like that---saying that noobs should not be able to post---

so I agree with the OP ...but I also hope the oldtimers here ---ALSO---show a little respect...

As far as I can tell, you're really respectful. But I'm gonna play devil's advocate there.

So the thread you started was advocating (in february) for us to play the Fakers in the first round. At that time we were in bad shape and the lakers rolling. Despite being an horrible take and an assumption pretty hard to defend, your thread did last 4 pages which is pretty much a lot on this board due to the number of thread created.
You said you got, I quote you, "shit on" by AHF. I'm not all buddy buddy with Mr "FuckSmallBall" but here's what he said :

Rookies should have to make 100 posts before they can start threads :td

Seriously, on what planet is an 8 seed getting thrashed a great idea?

Fuck no, if you're going to be there then may as well take your chances in the lotto.

If you seriously think that such an answer for such an horrible take is getting "shit on" at SpursTalk, you really can't be that much of a long time lurker or you're really sensitive.

tothrowed
04-07-2010, 03:25 AM
how do you get respect on the net fuck that some of yall niggas on here act like yall got a pickle in your ass this da damn internet post what da fuck you wanna post

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 03:26 AM
Didn't know spending more time posting on the internet earned you respect

It can earn you respect, disrespect, admiration, scorn, etc., including a mix of all of the aforementioned. It's a community just like any other, except that we experience each other through words and images on a screen and not face-to-face. Just like any other community, your behaviour usually precipitates the attitude that others take towards you.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 03:29 AM
how do you get respect on the net fuck that some of yall niggas on here act like yall got a pickle in your ass this da damn internet post what da fuck you wanna post

See, this fucktard hasn't yet worked out that "nigga" is not an approriate word to use given that a large section of the community find it racist and offensive because it is a throwback to the days of slavery.

I don't care what he posts as long as he shows general decency towards others, but since he doesn't I'm happy to call him "fucktard". :lmao

L.I.T
04-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Quality of the poster comes through pretty quickly.

Guys like lurker23 were outstanding almost from the get go. The thing is, it's pretty rare for someone who sucks in the beginning to get better over time; it happens as they become more educated, but rarely.

Which is why it seems the older posters are usually so dismissive of the noob posters. It's really not because you're new. It's because you suck.

tothrowed
04-07-2010, 03:35 AM
See, this fucktard hasn't yet worked out that "nigga" is not an approriate word to use given that a large section of the community find it racist and offensive because it is a throwback to the days of slavery.

I don't care what he posts as long as he shows general decency towards others, but since he doesn't I'm happy to call him "fucktard". :lmao
you do know where im from south side san antonio we say this shit on a regular its an everyday vocabulary how da hell is it racist ask about the southside of san antone

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 03:42 AM
you do know where im from south side san antonio we say this shit on a regular its an everyday vocabulary how da hell is it racist ask about the southside of san antone

It's fine on the street (as long as it's around people who don't find it derogatory) but not appropriate on ST. If you think I'm being unfair, bring it to the attention of the people who run the site and ask what they think. ;)

Read this again:

It can earn you respect, disrespect, admiration, scorn, etc., including a mix of all of the aforementioned. It's a community just like any other, except that we experience each other through words and images on a screen and not face-to-face. Just like any other community, your behaviour usually precipitates the attitude that others take towards you.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 03:45 AM

Guys like lurker23 were outstanding almost from the get go. The thing is, it's pretty rare for someone who sucks in the beginning to get better over time; it happens as they become more educated, but rarely.

Which is why it seems the older posters are usually so dismissive of the noob posters. It's really not because you're new. It's because you suck.

Exactly! Beautifully said. :tu

Raise the bar and you are welcome here, you'll even earn respect from the community for your acumen or hard work. Blackjack and Duncan228 are other examples - they brought excellent takes and energy to the forum from the get go. :toast

tothrowed
04-07-2010, 03:48 AM
It's fine on the street (as long as it's around people who don't find it derogatory) but not appropriate on ST. If you think I'm being unfair, bring it to the attention of the people who run the site and ask what they think. ;)
smh i dont even know who your talking about , but let me get it straight ive only been on here maybe a month or two and 5 of my post have 60 or more replys and i said we would stop kds streak so how yall gonna say who get respect shits stupid

hsxvvd
04-07-2010, 03:57 AM
Hey! Some of us have quantity and quality... but I get where you're going! :lmao

Bugger the post count, my insecurities require me to stare at box scores for a year to try and get myself a little trophy in my avatar :lol [B]

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 03:57 AM
smh i dont even know who your talking about , but let me get it straight ive only been on here maybe a month or two and 5 of my post have 60 or more replys and i said we would stop kds streak so how yall gonna say who get respect shits stupid

Well, by the sounds of it, you've probably already got some respect. You'll probably get even more if your don't use the word "nigga" in every sentence. ;)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Bugger the post count, my insecurities require me to stare at box scores for a year to try and get myself a little trophy in my avatar :lol [B]

Don't worry mate, you're not alone! :lmao

I crapped out in that league, but I won DL I and improved my DL II team greatly (added Paul, Bogut and Millsap), so I'm pretty happy. I also came back from last place to currently be sitting in 2nd in the NBA forum roto league I started this year.

BTW, I have requested a trophy for you but am yet to hear from the powers that be. You'll know when I do. :toast

silverblk mystix
04-07-2010, 04:11 AM
As far as I can tell, you're really respectful. But I'm gonna play devil's advocate there.

So the thread you started was advocating (in february) for us to play the Fakers in the first round. At that time we were in bad shape and the lakers rolling. Despite being an horrible take and an assumption pretty hard to defend, your thread did last 4 pages which is pretty much a lot on this board due to the number of thread created.
You said you got, I quote you, "shit on" by AHF. I'm not all buddy buddy with Mr "FuckSmallBall" but here's what he said :

If you seriously think that such an answer for such an horrible take is getting "shit on" at SpursTalk, you really can't be that much of a long time lurker or you're really sensitive.

I was referring to the ---noobs should have at least 100 posts blurb---

what kind of a welcome is that for a new poster to receive---and who the hell is he to decide which threads are worthwhile?

as far as the premise that the spurs should face the lakers--I gave the reasons that the spurs would have less wear and tear on them---better to face them early than try to avoid them---

and THAT was in response to all the negativity that had been posted and a few geniuses proclaiming the spurs had NO CHANCE AGAINST THE LAKERS...

even though Sunday's game was a regular season game and does not guarantee anything---

my premise wasn't as silly as you would have everyone here believe now was it?

CubanSucks
04-07-2010, 04:15 AM

Ok, but if someone is LOOKING for respect on an internet forum..they've got issues. Probably just a little too needy or self conscious. And from what was said on the original post, post count alone deserves respect. So before many of you continue to act so self righteous and defend the OP, remember that if there's one person who's known for contributing a LARGE majority of their posts to absolutely nothing but bitching and ranting it's sequspur.

stéphane
04-07-2010, 04:19 AM
my premise wasn't as silly as you would have everyone here believe now was it?

Pop answered you about wanting to play the lakers in the first round a couple days ago :p:

Winehole23
04-07-2010, 04:19 AM
like I said carousel for old posters they should be renewed at 1000 post and forced to get a new name and persona..http://homepage.ntlworld.com/red.sky/logan/carousel.jpgRenewal!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 04:23 AM
(1)Ok, but if someone is LOOKING for respect on an internet forum..they've got issues. Probably just a little too needy or self conscious... And from what was said on the original post, (2)post count alone deserves respect. So before many of you continue to act so self righteous and defend the OP, remember that if there's one person who's known for contributing a LARGE majority of their posts to absolutely nothing but bitching and ranting it's sequspur.(3)

(1) ...or lonely. Agreed.

(2) Take everything Sequ says with a grain of salt. But there is a grain of truth to it - if you have the persistence to keep doing something you can get better at it.

(3) You're right, but the point is that he's the jester around here and always has been. It's his role in the community. It's what he does... and occasionally he's quite clever... well, maybe rarely, but anyway, he's just running his usual stick in the hornet's nest shtick.

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2010, 04:24 AM
i always believe posting quantity > quality

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 04:25 AM
i always believe posting quantity > quality

We know... :rolleyes

:lmao

J.T.
04-07-2010, 04:43 AM
lol this thread reminds me of that one time E20 was e-gasming over getting to 10,000 posts and Kori reset him to 0 :lmao

Elisha Cuthbert
04-07-2010, 04:45 AM
Do me now J.T. I've been waiting all night!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 04:48 AM

Now that there is quality trolling. :tu

You noobs out there could learn something from the master.

J.T.
04-07-2010, 04:51 AM

Slow your roll, bitch. I've got to leave for work in three hours. That's not nearly enough time. Go do my laundry or something.

silverblk mystix
04-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Pop answered you about wanting to play the lakers in the first round a couple days ago :p:

AND the game on Sunday was also an answer of--and if the Spurs are in the same class as the lakers---as a lot of people here were just dismissing the spurs chances outright...

Pop is being respectful---I understand that---

but Pop also had to see a few other things on Sunday and although he respects the lakers---

don't believe that he also is fearing them either...

greyforest
04-07-2010, 06:45 AM
regdate is a better indicator

postcount u just get spam whores

BronxCowboy
04-07-2010, 08:26 AM
Your post count should be considered a kind of proxy for how much you've contributed to the forum; keep in mind, however, that not all contributions are positive. That said, the board would be a lot nicer if everyone respected each other a little, and many of the worst offenders do seem to be newer posters.

P.S.: A low post count doesn't necessarily mean you haven't been here a long time.

Whisky Dog
04-07-2010, 08:45 AM
The sooner mentality and clickish behavior on this board in an interesting effect. It's the internet people on one end and the people who hang out at times in real life in their own click. It's funny the attitude but understandable.

dbestpro
04-07-2010, 08:55 AM
John Wayne once said, "the best way to get your point across is to speak slow, speak low, and don't say too much".

LoneStarState'sPride
04-07-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow, 3 fucking pages of this bullshit.

(I know, I'm contributing to it--I just never cease to be amazed at the trivial shit some posters get off over).

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2010, 09:03 AM
u fools aint raising the bar with ur low posts count

Jimcs50
04-07-2010, 09:07 AM

Go Spurs.

Been posting on Spurs forum for 14 years now. I read Kori's first post.

:toast

JamStone
04-07-2010, 09:25 AM
My theory is that if you have fewer than 15,000 posts on here, you're a pedophile... except in my own personal case where I stopped being a pedophile after like my 200th post

Kool Bob Love
04-07-2010, 09:26 AM

THIS!!!...

:flag:

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 09:32 AM

It's quite obvious that quantity of posts does not always translate into quality. Some of the "old schoolers" are the worst posters here. There is definitely an old boys club feel here. The use of the word "noob" is thrown around a little too cavalierly. It's arrogant, dismissive and ignorant.
It's an understandable attitude because there are a lot of awful new posters, but a lot of you guys just lump everyone into the "noob" category. You don't see the old guys who actually merit respect do that and that's why they get the props. The high post counters who feel they aren't getting respect probably do not deserve it.
I have been a Spurs fan for a long time (pre-DRob), but I haven't been posting here very long. I'm not going to claim that all my posts are golden (sometimes I'm just fucking around), but post count has absolutely no cache with me. Everyone starts at zero.
If that upsets anyone . . . I don't care. It's just an internet message board. Let's not get carried away. If your sense of self-worth is wrapped up in what occurs here . . . well, that's just pretty sad.

mexicanjunior
04-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Meh...who cares.

dbestpro
04-07-2010, 09:38 AM
This thread sure did take all the life out of the balloon that was generated with yesterday's SPAM message.

JR3
04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
I am also a long time spurs fan with low post count. I don't start shit or act like a hot head with anyone here... I have noticed there is more stuck up people with high post counts being disrespectful to low post count people than anything else. I understand some of these low posters deserve to be corrected, but you don't have to be an ass about it. Just get off your high horse and keep doing what you did to build the foundation and be a good example.

George Gervin's Afro
04-07-2010, 09:46 AM

that's asking alot..:lmao

Jimcs50
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
It's quite obvious that quantity of posts does not always translate into quality. Some of the "old schoolers" are the worst posters here. There is definitely an old boys club feel here. The use of the word "noob" is thrown around a little too cavalierly. It's arrogant, dismissive and ignorant.
It's an understandable attitude because there are a lot of awful new posters, but a lot of you guys just lump everyone into the "noob" category. You don't see the old guys who actually merit respect do that and that's why they get the props. The high post counters who feel they aren't getting respect probably do not deserve it.
I have been a Spurs fan for a long time (pre-DRob), but I haven't been posting here very long. I'm not going to claim that all my posts are golden (sometimes I'm just fucking around), but post count has absolutely no cache with me. Everyone starts at zero.
If that upsets anyone . . . I don't care. It's just an internet message board. Let's not get carried away. If your sense of self-worth is wrapped up in what occurs here . . . well, that's just pretty sad.

Agree, post count has nothing to do with how big a fan you are. I was a huge fan 20 years before I ever made a single post on any forum. I used to go watch Ice, Swen Nater, George Karl, Allan Bristow, Coby Dietrick and James Silas play in the Hemisfair Arena as early as 1975, right after they moved from Dallas, and have been in love with them ever since. If I did not discover the Express News site in 1996, that would not mean that I was not a fan. The only reason I found the site was because I moved away from SA so had to go to Express News site to read about my team, since could not buy the paper any more. I used to subscribe to the paper but it had to be mailed it to me, so I used to get it 2 days late all the time, which sucked...I was so happy when they started their online service, because I could read about my team the day they played, not 2 days late. Kori started posting in 1999, and that was when she became a Spurs fan instead of just a Tim Duncan fan.

hsxvvd
04-07-2010, 09:51 AM

The internets are that old already.... :wow

Jimcs50
04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
The internets are that old already.... :wow

time flies, huh?

:)

FromWayDowntown
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
I think the community actually has a way of filtering out the noise and allowing for a basically democratic method of prioritizing those who make good points. Disrespecting those who have low post counts seems to trivialize the issue of thought quality and ignores the fact that even those with high post counts and deep "respect" in this virtual community had to go through some process to earn both the higher post counts and whatever credibility is now given to them.

You could take a poll today, asking who the best poster on the forum is, and the truth would be that a some point, that person was a low post-count "noob" who was making good points on the way to earning that respect.

I don't know that I've ever looked at another person's post count in deciding whether to read his or her posts. I frankly don't care. If it's a good thought or its provocative in some way, it moves the forum forward, and I think that's what matters.

Of late, I think there's been a lot more noise than substance around here, but that's not solely because there are people with low post counts who are contributing more and more.

Drachen
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey, Sequ. I have a spur for the same reason you do, I don't need 10k+ posts to prove it. I have other things to do too.

Edit: WOW! I didn't know that I had 2300 posts, I thought I was in the 1100-1500 range.

OldSilentHill
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Of course it means something.

Means that probably most of the forum knows you (some more, some less).

And because nobody is gone take a hole day to see most of any old poster´s history, the best way to know them (for the new posters like me) is by spending time reading and learning who is who.

Post count could mean quality and active display, could be mostly trolling, could be a mix of that.

Anyway...have a great day.

Sec24Row7
04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
People seeking approval on a message board need to turn off the monitor and go find a real life.

Methodmusicman
04-07-2010, 10:32 AM
does post count include crown induced playerX sucks threads?

it's me
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM

Go Spurs.

Wrong midget………….. it doesn’t mean something, it could mean a lot of things…..

1- You have shit loads of time to spend, and ST is a good place to waste it.

2- Your life suck, and you turn into a “strong intelligent tall man” while cursing people on the internets.

3- You just think post count is important and post loads of crap just to increase your numbers.

4- No fucking body cares what you think or your opinions in real life so you use the boards as therapy.

5- You’re a drunk midget being kicked out of the bed by your lady that posts nonsense after midnight and after you wake up you believe you contributed to the board.

6- You’re a French and/or Argentine homer trying to prove your boy has the bigger penis.

7- In less cases, you like BB and love to give insights and opinions.

8- Etc.

9- Etc.

10- Etc.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 10:37 AM
When I post from my phone, I can't see the post count. Kind of puts everything in perspective, you know?

lurker23
04-07-2010, 10:55 AM

Thanks L.I.T, I appreciate it. :toast

pawe
04-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Join date says a lot more. If you are a long time member and still does not know/respect the posting rules like the no swearing in thread titles rule then you are a dick.

Post count does matter, posting is what you should do in a message board anyway.

JWest596
04-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Respect is earned, not given or expected or demanded.

That's my old school.

smeagol
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Post count counts.

It's no coincidence the better posters are the ones with the most posts.

tlongII
04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
Yep

jjktkk
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Post count counts.

It's no coincidence the better posters are the ones with the most posts.

:rolleyes

jjktkk
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Like quite a few on here, I have a low post count, but have been a Spurs fan since the ABA days. I actually get a kick out of debating a few of the the STers who think that, because they have high post counts and have been a member of ST for several years, that they automatically know more about the Spurs and basketball than me. I just say bring it on!

word
04-07-2010, 01:34 PM

Go Spurs.

Add this one to the post count. See ? Post count means nothing. I now have one more as well. Yeay post count !! Boo Beer.

Wait .....

Fernando TD21
04-07-2010, 02:55 PM
add this one to the post count. See ? Post count means nothing. I now have one more as well. Yeay post count !! Boo beer.

Wait .....
+1

jimo2305
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
i'm just here for the bud light

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
i'm just here for the bud light

:lmao

Captain Oblivious
04-07-2010, 04:56 PM
do I sound smarter now?

Captain Oblivious
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
How about now?

m33p0
04-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Yep
how's them sheeps?

Kori Ellis
04-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Post Count Means Something

High post count means

... you have no life
... you post a lot of "+1"s
... you can't afford domain hosting for your own blog, so you use SpursTalk
... you don't have a girlfriend, so when you come home alone and drunk, you turn to SpursTalk
... you are looking for a Quattro razor
... you like to hear yourself talk/see yourself type
... you think Obama's the antichrist
... your favorite canned meat is SPAM
... you've been here a long time and your posts still suck
... or you are actually a good poster

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 06:23 PM
If I were the type to do this sort thing, I would quote Kori and write "owned" or "pwned" or whatever it is you kids say.

samikeyp
04-07-2010, 06:47 PM
The mix of the old and new schools is what makes this site great. As someone who, like Jim, FWD and others have been fans since the ABA days, I like hearing fresh takes and the international takes are some of my favorites. Post count doesn't determine loyalty to the team. I just hope the new schoolers stick around post-Duncan. It will make for some great debate.

Marcjg983
04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Respect needs to be earned. I'm what you'll call a lurker or whatever it is. But I see alot of people with high post counts, post some of the dumbest stuff on here. Or they complain about a thread being opened. And wanna call out people on stupid stuff, calling people names like noob and other different post lingo. I come on here to try and find out the scoop on my team. Cause I'll admit it, spurstalk can break a story before Express-News. And well, ESPN sucks balls when it comes to the Spurs. But seriously get off your high horse. this thread was posted by one of the worse posters in spurstalk. he says some of the dumbest shit in here. I dont see anybody complaining about opening this thread up on a waste of a subject. I dont care how many post you have, you need to earn my respect. and theres a few people on here that have. yall know who they are

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Join date says a lot more. If you are a long time member and still does not know/respect the posting rules like the no swearing in thread titles rule then you are a dick.

Post count does matter, posting is what you should do in a message board anyway.

If you take your reg. date and multiply it by your post count and divide by ten and add your plus ones and subtract your thumbs ups . . . carry the two? . . . Wait . . . I had this figured out a minute ago . . .

Dr. Gonzo
04-07-2010, 06:59 PM
High post count means

... you have no life
... you don't have a girlfriend, so when you come home alone and drunk, you turn to SpursTalk

Most of those apply to me. Except number 4 and number 7.

Solid D
04-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Lol Sequ.

High post count means

... you have no life

:smokin...and in the words of one of the forum favorites

:lol

Blackjack
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Something means a lot of things . . .

DPG21920
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
This is one funny thread. I find it hilarious the "cycles" you see with posters. I have not even been here that long and I remember using the same lines that a lot of others are using now. Some of the classics:

"Isn't this what SpursTalk is for"

"Post count means nothing"

"Congrats on having a bigger post count, I guess that makes you cool :tu"

"Being new has no bearing on my abilities as a poster"

Everyone comes here because they like the Spurs. You might discuss basketball with your friends and they might even consider you knowledgeable as a fan. You might be, but more with regards to the average fan banter and not true basketball insight.

It is very rare that people come on here and already have a deep knowledge of the league in general, the CBA, how contracts, trades and the league works. But if you are not ultra sensitive and are relatively smart, you can learn a lot by sticking around. Most new people are going to make asses of themselves because: a) They are new at posting on message boards b) They think they know everything & c) This place and the way people talk to you makes you sensitive and it takes getting used to.

It is inevitable that new posters come here thinking one way and acting a certain way. They say the same things, throw the same fits and inevitably end up going out the same way.

But is is hilarious, like the bad ass from his local high school that thinks he is going to own college, then gets to the big U and realizes he is not what he thought he was. But you learn while you're there and end up having the best time of your life.

Crassic.

Agloco
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM

Go Spurs.

Respect yourself by not posting useless crap on every other thread, then some might give that respect. It's earned and you haven't been earning your keep of late.

"Post count doesn't mean shit" ---- signed, Ducks.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm just here for the laughs.

mookie2001
04-07-2010, 07:18 PM
To clarify

americans and original members are much more important than post count

Nobody respects foreign gray posters, no matter the post count

Brazil
04-07-2010, 07:23 PM
High post count means

... you have no life

:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-07-2010, 08:11 PM
This is one funny thread. I find it hilarious the "cycles" you see with posters. I have not even been here that long and I remember using the same lines that a lot of others are using now. Some of the classics:

"Isn't this what SpursTalk is for"

"Post count means nothing"

"Congrats on having a bigger post count, I guess that makes you cool :tu"

"Being new has no bearing on my abilities as a poster"

Everyone comes here because they like the Spurs. You might discuss basketball with your friends and they might even consider you knowledgeable as a fan. You might be, but more with regards to the average fan banter and not true basketball insight.

It is very rare that people come on here and already have a deep knowledge of the league in general, the CBA, how contracts, trades and the league works. But if you are not ultra sensitive and are relatively smart, you can learn a lot by sticking around. Most new people are going to make asses of themselves because: a) They are new at posting on message boards b) They think they know everything & c) This place and the way people talk to you makes you sensitive and it takes getting used to.

It is inevitable that new posters come here thinking one way and acting a certain way. They say the same things, throw the same fits and inevitably end up going out the same way.

But is is hilarious, like the bad ass from his local high school that thinks he is going to own college, then gets to the big U and realizes he is not what he thought he was. But you learn while you're there and end up having the best time of your life.

Crassic.

See, now that is a great post. Read it.

urunobili
04-07-2010, 08:26 PM
To clarify

americans and original members are much more important than post count

Nobody respects foreign gray posters, no matter the post count
:tu

SenorSpur
04-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Agree, post count has nothing to do with how big a fan you are. I was a huge fan 20 years before I ever made a single post on any forum. I used to go watch Ice, Swen Nater, George Karl, Allan Bristow, Coby Dietrick and James Silas play in the Hemisfair Arena as early as 1975, right after they moved from Dallas, and have been in love with them ever since. If I did not discover the Express News site in 1996, that would not mean that I was not a fan. The only reason I found the site was because I moved away from SA so had to go to Express News site to read about my team, since could not buy the paper any more. I used to subscribe to the paper but it had to be mailed it to me, so I used to get it 2 days late all the time, which sucked...I was so happy when they started their online service, because I could read about my team the day they played, not 2 days late. Kori started posting in 1999, and that was when she became a Spurs fan instead of just a Tim Duncan fan.

Damn Jim. Your path to Spurs fandom and journey out of San Antone sound strikingly similar to my own. Like you, I go back to that inaugural season. That started the love affair.

When I moved away in 1990, I also ordered the Express-News (pre-internet), just to keep tabs on the team. Always enjoyed reading the regular season sports special and it arrived about 2-3 days later. I remember those days.

Really enjoyed reading your post. :toast

I could've sworn for a moment that I was reading something I wrote myself. :lol

ChumpDumper
04-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Sequ shucks the corn and you eat it up. :sequ

I used to as well. Once you've been here awhile you won't as much.

ManuTastic
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
I like the dude with the chick with the cute ass sig.

Captain Oblivious
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
If you take your reg. date and multiply it by your post count and divide by ten and add your plus ones and subtract your thumbs ups . . . carry the two? . . . Wait . . . I had this figured out a minute ago . . .

I was told there would be no math.

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:31 PM
Sequ shucks the corn and you eat it up. :sequ

I used to as well. Once you've been here awhile you won't as much.

FO.

Jim is old btw. lmao

Creation88
04-07-2010, 10:32 PM
most retarded thread ever?

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:39 PM
most retarded thread ever?

you must have 10k posts to post in this topic. :tu

Whisky Dog
04-07-2010, 10:49 PM
After skimming through this thread - most of you are weird, oddball people.

SequSpur
04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
After skimming through this thread - most of you are weird, oddball people.

that's true...you ever seen Ducks?

Dro210
04-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Haha... I think Kori summed it up decently.

It can mean a whole list of things, which means it actually means absolutely nothing.

Can't we all just get along? Stop Tony Parkering the Richard Jeffersons ;) lol

Frenzy
04-07-2010, 11:08 PM
People with lots of post are like senior citizens. You wonder why they still around. But it's because they have nothing else to do and no where else to go. So they sit on the porch and bark at the younger posters for not doing it like they did in the old days.

SpurOutofTownFan
04-08-2010, 10:48 AM
POST COUNT MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OTHER THAN SHOWING YOU SPENT A LOT OF TIME HERE.

I've been a fan of this forum for many years and only post when it counts. I have a respectable, well distributed post count and that's enough for me.

I cannot respect you if you post things like this. They don't ring any bells.

I can respect you if you post decently and make sense.

I don't care whether you know a lot or very little about BB. Nothing in the forum rules says you need to be a BB genius to post here.

You are mistaken about the old school building the site. The old school is about 100 guys but no forum can have this traffic with the same 100 guys alone. This site is great because the owners let all kinds of ppl post and most of them are not old school and do not have 1,000+ posts. This forum was built by everyone, including you and the new school.

Respect and be respected.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

easy7
04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
I am only here for the pictures.

SequSpur
08-01-2010, 11:03 PM
blow me...

lowdown
08-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Agree, post count has nothing to do with how big a fan you are. I was a huge fan 20 years before I ever made a single post on any forum. I used to go watch Ice, Swen Nater, George Karl, Allan Bristow, Coby Dietrick and James Silas play in the Hemisfair Arena as early as 1975, right after they moved from Dallas, and have been in love with them ever since. If I did not discover the Express News site in 1996, that would not mean that I was not a fan. The only reason I found the site was because I moved away from SA so had to go to Express News site to read about my team, since could not buy the paper any more. I used to subscribe to the paper but it had to be mailed it to me, so I used to get it 2 days late all the time, which sucked...I was so happy when they started their online service, because I could read about my team the day they played, not 2 days late. Kori started posting in 1999, and that was when she became a Spurs fan instead of just a Tim Duncan fan.:tu

bigzak25
08-02-2010, 02:15 AM
I think Sequ says 'blow me' so much on the forum because he'd get the ever living shit smacked out of him by Mrs. Sequ if he ever so much as mouthed the words in his house...

Blackjack
08-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Missed ya, Sequ. The offseason needs more Sequ. :tu

senorglory
08-02-2010, 02:28 AM
@ sequ
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z147/td4evar/tandp.jpg

You're a pig fucker, uncle fucker.

Sense
08-02-2010, 04:42 AM
While I do believe this is a pretty funny thread...Sequ never said anything about how much more he is a Spurs fan because of his posts.

At least in the OP, I didn't want to read the rest.

And I do admit that in my earlier posts, I wasn't quite there yet... like many of the new guys are.

But 5 years ago we couldn't really pin point noobs, when everyone was one, kinda.

SenorSpur
08-02-2010, 08:15 AM

I wasn't going to admit this before, but SequSpur and I are actually half-brothers. We had different fathers. His father was an original Dallas Chapparals fan. Mine rooted for the old St. Louis Spirits of the ABA. Our mom got caught in the middle.

mookie2001
08-02-2010, 10:16 AM
It is your fault you found the site later

Whose else would it be? Post count means something

the gray posters should be studying the sequ 120 and maybe one day theyll be equal to an Argie scola fan

DrSteffo
08-03-2010, 05:07 AM
To summarize, a high post count means someone has posted many posts.

buttsR4rebounding
08-03-2010, 06:59 AM
shut the fuck up you small ass faggot. you make these forums shitty

Although, at least you inspire awe inspiring prose...

polandprzem
08-03-2010, 10:22 AM
and one

polandprzem
08-03-2010, 10:23 AM
and two

polandprzem
and three

polandprzem
and four

polandprzem
and five

bobby4germany
08-03-2010, 06:03 PM
You must be and Emo Lib.......Ignant is Ignant no matter hom many times you post. Post counts mean nothing other than you have alot of time to kill.

I get what you are saying but what is "ignant"? :toast

Edit: Oh I get it, your writing out of the urban dictionary. :rolleyes

chazley
08-03-2010, 07:12 PM
My 200 whatever posts have more quality than the 20k posts some people have.

007nites
08-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Where is Marcus Bryant? Isn't he set the standard for post count lol?

mookie2001
08-04-2010, 12:40 PM
gray poster rally