PDA

View Full Version : Sporks looking like the sharpest utensil on the placesetting!

Officer Slater
04-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Too bad my Suns are gonna knock you off your cloud tonight and in the playoffs! :smokin

benefactor
04-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Spork thread education:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86790

greyforest
04-07-2010, 05:18 AM
out of curiosity how many times have suns beaten spurs in a playoff series

J.T.
04-07-2010, 05:45 AM

Prob only in 99-00 when Duncan didn't play cuz the injury. I'd look it up but I'm pretty sure I'd have better luck finding the Holy Grail than another time the Suns beat the Spurs in a series.

SAtown
04-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Barkley and co eliminated the Spurs a couple times in the 90s as well.

tdunk21
04-07-2010, 07:32 AM
suns suck all the time and get kickd off by none other than spurs.....why does gentry look like a clown??

Drachen
04-07-2010, 08:18 AM
Yes, the Suns knocked us out at least once in the second round on the way to the finals in 93. Please speak in absolute statements about the history of our team if you don't know it further back than 1999, it makes us all look bad.

Oh and to the OP, I wouldn't be surprised if PHX wins tonight, but if we see you in the playoffs, that is the end of your run. I mean, after that Christmas game last year, you could tell when they were interviewing Steve Nash that we have yall psyched out.

J.T.
04-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Dude I was like 7 in 1993. I had more important things going on at the time. Like Super Nintendo. And finding my dad's Playboy collection.

Biggems
04-07-2010, 08:25 AM
IMO, 93 is irrelevant for this argument, only because none of those players are around anymore. Plus, I doubt the Suns fan could name 5 players from his team off the top of his head......he would have to google it and then give us the whole darn roster.

I can actually name more Suns from that year than Spurs....for some reason I am drawing a blank on our team.

Still, in this past decade, the Spurs were 4-1 against the Suns in the playoffs. The Suns lone win came when Duncan was sidelined with an injury. Amare is 0-4 and Nash is 0-3 against the Spurs in the postseason. Actually Nash is 0-4, but he lost once with the Mavs.

Muser
04-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Dude I was like 7 in 1993. I had more important things going on at the time. Like Super Nintendo. And finding my dad's Playboy collection.

:lmao:tu

Drachen
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Then qualify your statements with "since the beginning of the millenium" or something. it still sounds big because of "Millenium" and doesn't make you look uneducated. I found another time the spurs got beat by the suns and I STILL haven't found the holy grail. I can only name 3 players from the 93 suns team. 7 spurs (I thought I had 8 but I was wrong at point guard).

honestfool84
04-07-2010, 08:38 AM

:lmao hahahaha.

LoneStarState'sPride
04-07-2010, 08:51 AM
If any franchise truly "owns" another in the modern era, it's the Spurs owning the suns. I swear, there's no way phx fans can actually feel confident facing the Spurs in a playoff series during the Duncan era.

They had spunk in '03, had grit in '07, but after Timmy's "Sunsetter" in the '08 playoffs and Mason's Christmas dagger, the suns' spirit against San Antonio was just broken. You could see it in every phoenix players' eyes. It's almost pitiful, to be honest.

J.T.
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Then qualify your statements with "since the beginning of the millenium" or something. it still sounds big because of "Millenium" and doesn't make you look uneducated. I found another time the spurs got beat by the suns and I STILL haven't found the holy grail. I can only name 3 players from the 93 suns team. 7 spurs (I thought I had 8 but I was wrong at point guard).

I'm not trying to player hate here but I did qualify my statement with "I would have better luck. . ." so retrospectively, it only makes me look like a dumbass.

Drachen
04-07-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm not trying to player hate here but I did qualify my statement with "I would have better luck. . ." so retrospectively, it only makes me look like a dumbass.

LOL, ok, you got me there. I am actually laughing out loud at this. Thank you. Anyway, sorry if I came off as a dick.

J.T.
04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
LOL, ok, you got me there. I am actually laughing out loud at this. Thank you. Anyway, sorry if I came off as a dick.

You're cool, brah. :tu

I don't take things on SpursTalk very seriously to begin with. It's all fun and games to me at this point.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-07-2010, 11:14 AM
The Suns played the Spurs pretty even prior to Tim Duncan. The better question would be how many times the Suns beat Tim Duncan in a playoff series.

NFGIII
04-07-2010, 11:45 AM
The Suns played the Spurs pretty even prior to Tim Duncan. The better question would be how many times the Suns beat Tim Duncan in a playoff series.

I think the answer to that question would be:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1463171614855&id=1f9b37f9cbbf0f4b5b21e63d29238a69&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.moviemobsters.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2009%2f09%2fbeverly-hills-cop-41.jpg

phxspurfan
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
IMO, 93 is irrelevant for this argument, only because none of those players are around anymore. Plus, I doubt the Suns fan could name 5 players from his team off the top of his head......he would have to google it and then give us the whole darn roster.

I can actually name more Suns from that year than Spurs....for some reason I am drawing a blank on our team.

Still, in this past decade, the Spurs were 4-1 against the Suns in the playoffs. The Suns lone win came when Duncan was sidelined with an injury. Amare is 0-4 and Nash is 0-3 against the Spurs in the postseason. Actually Nash is 0-4, but he lost once with the Mavs.

I'm not a Suns fan but my bro was (I was a Knicks fan back in the day). But I'll bet I can name a few off the top of my head:

Barkley
KJ (you got 24 seconds)
Tom Chambers (now the Suns announcer)
Danny Ainge (dirty)
Ceballos (blindfolded dunk lol)
Majerle (thunder dan)
Coach Westphal

As for the Spurs, I really have no idea lol...no one cared about them outside of SA when I was growing up it seems. But I"ll give it a shot:

DRob
Del Negro?
Rodman?
Jerome Kersey?
Terry Cummings...?
Coach Brown?

SPAMite Extremist
04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Though they may be humble plastic the Sporks never melt in the heat of the Suns for the SPAM is with them always. Your Steve Nash defends as though he is the Sun, standing still as all others move around him. Death to the unbelievers!

Principal Ed Rooney
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM

Nine times. . .

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
If any franchise truly "owns" another in the modern era, it's the Spurs owning the suns. I swear, there's no way phx fans can actually feel confident facing the Spurs in a playoff series during the Duncan era.

They had spunk in '03, had grit in '07, but after Timmy's "Sunsetter" in the '08 playoffs and Mason's Christmas dagger, the suns' spirit against San Antonio was just broken. You could see it in every phoenix players' eyes. It's almost pitiful, to be honest.

I'm not saying the Spurs don't own the Suns, but they own Steve Nash more than they own the Suns. With Marbury the Suns were a non-contending mediocre team that managed to give SA more trouble than they should have cause Marbury used to always take a dump on Parker. That team would have lost to virtually anyone in 2003.

Nash is the one who really must have nightmares about them. Nash is 0-5 against the Spurs in the playoffs for his career, and the fact Dallas is 2-0 against the Spurs in the playoffs since Nash went to Phoenix only adds insult to injury.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-07-2010, 12:32 PM

Actually Nash is 0-5, and considering the '93 Suns are what many consider to be the best Suns team ever, anyone who knows half a shit about the Suns' history could name 5 players from that team.

Drachen
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm not a Suns fan but my bro was (I was a Knicks fan back in the day). But I'll bet I can name a few off the top of my head:

Barkley
KJ (you got 24 seconds)
Tom Chambers (now the Suns announcer)
Danny Ainge (dirty)
Ceballos (blindfolded dunk lol)
Majerle (thunder dan)
Coach Westphal

As for the Spurs, I really have no idea lol...no one cared about them outside of SA when I was growing up it seems. But I"ll give it a shot:

DRob
Del Negro?
Rodman?
Jerome Kersey?
Terry Cummings...?
Coach Brown?

DRob
Willie Anderson
Sean Elliott
Lloyd Daniels (I only remember him because I got his autograph that year)
Terry Cummings
Antoine Carr
Del Negro
Avery Johnson (I couldn't remember when Rocket Rod left town).

Others of note that I didn't remember: Sidney Green, Dale Ellis, JR Reid.

Coach "the Shark"

phxspurfan
04-07-2010, 01:41 PM
DRob
Willie Anderson
Sean Elliott
Lloyd Daniels (I only remember him because I got his autograph that year)
Terry Cummings
Antoine Carr
Del Negro
Avery Johnson (I couldn't remember when Rocket Rod left town).

Others of note that I didn't remember: Sidney Green, Dale Ellis, JR Reid.

Coach "the Shark"

Oh how could I forget Avery and Sean.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
04-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Fuck the suns!!!!

senorglory
04-07-2010, 07:48 PM

We've screwed the Suns so many times... I love it. The Suns deserve better, and we keep screwing them out of Ws. Horry hip checks, Duncan threes... whatever it takes. :lmao