PDA

View Full Version : Do you gamble on Spurs and/or all NBA games? Online? Tips wanted

draft87
04-07-2010, 04:58 AM
I'm overseas for another year or so and definitely missing the hypothetical trip to my local bookie.

I made a killing on the playoffs last year and did 'ok' up until mid-season.

Now I'm in a country where I can get the 'action' like back home.

I'm tempted to try online betting but just don't feel sold on the security of it.

So I'm asking for feedback from people that bet on either the Spurs or NBA in general. Do you place NBA bets online? If so, what site(s) do you use? Have you had any issues with security or getting paid out? Thanks for your help.

I've been checking the spreads/money lines online and making my own hypothetical picks and like every end of season, making good picks against the spread. It's gotten to the point where I'm hoping to find a good site and set something up so that I have a nice savings set up for when I get back to USA and need some cash while getting a new job.

Thanks for your help. I'm including an anonymous poll and if you feel like private messaging instead that's totally cool.

Rick18
04-07-2010, 05:28 AM
I bet online with a fair regularity on most sports, although I'm down in Australia so I don't know how much help that makes me.

It's secure enough, although if you're worried I'd find the most reputable company in whatever country you're in.

I use Sportingbet (not sure if I'm allowed to link straight to gambling sites) and I've never had a problem.

J.T.
04-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Gamble on football you'll make more money

ffadicted
04-07-2010, 07:46 AM
How come there's no option for not doing it, but you still would/approve of it lol

Sausage
04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Never gamble on your favorite teams.

Jimcs50
04-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I lose all the time betting on NBA.

Example:

Boston had 3 game losing steak, was stinking it up lately, losing home games and road games by 20 points.

On Sunday, Boston was favored by 2 points against Cleveland who had been dominant lately.

A Lock to bet on Cleveland, right?

Wrong!!!

I lose $200 when Cleveland loses game by 4 point.

:depressed

hsxvvd
04-07-2010, 10:02 AM
There's money to be made in the late season games, when you keep an eye on stars being rested. I know here in Australia, the TAB is very slow to react to late line-up changes like this, and I've made a killing on it in the past.

Another thing I've done in the playoffs, is to bet against the Spurs.... like buying insurance. and if they lose I'm compensated. Needless to say I was paid out in 08' when the Lakers knocked us out, $240 helped deal a little with the loss, but I would've paid twice that much to see us win it.

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
max i loss on nba game was a 1k bet on the spurs v magic during d12 rookie year, fkn lame spread loss

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Utah - 4 @ Houston
Phoenix - 6 vs Spurs

bet these tonight if you want to make money.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
The last time I ever bet the spread on an NBA game was a Lakers vs. Spurs game IIRC..I think Duncan and Parker sat out IIRC, so I decided to bet on the Lakers..I don't remember what year, either 3 or 4 years ago, maybe..

The spread was -6 in favor of LA, so I bet on the Lakers to cover it..Lakers were up 7 with a dead shot clock..when it looks like the Spurs are going to run the clock out, Michael fucking Finley decides to take a stat-padding shot and makes it, Lakers end up winning the game by 5 fucking points..120$ lost AND the Spurs lost the game..

Ever since then, I just bet the money line..I'm doing pretty well this season, betting against the Spurs has gotten me some money to make up for horrible losses..