steal .58
block .51
to 1.29
pf 2.20
asst 2.0
pts 12.3
EFF + 12.45

take a look at these numbers -- specifically the mins/pts/eff

now take these numbers away and just come up with equalities throughout the rest of the team -- adding here and there -- but to come up with the same in realm of reality -- tim/tony/manu et al. have an extra nearly 50 games worth of minutes and production throughout the 76 games so far -- on old legs and summer driven joints-- and 50 games would look like hell on the big 3 about now

- now i know that the 3 wouldn't have shared the load alone -- sooooo

break it down even further -- lets say even minutes though a rotation of 9 -- thats an extra 5.5 min/game/player --
thats an extra 8.7 games / player worth of time spend on the court through 76 games

the spurs would not look like they do now -- and you what -- i think they look relatively fresh and timmy will be just fine come playoff time

no -- I am not going to church on this -- just in understanding of his worth and need -- isn't this the scenario that he was brought in for?

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....SPAM

boutons_deux
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
The RJ of Mar/Apr 10 is not worth $14M, but he's really contributing, and I expect to him to keep increasing his contribution.

The litmus will be if he can step up his numbers from 17 Apr.

I loved how he passed up the late-game open corner 3G last night to drive the baseline for AND1. aka, playing the %ages.

in2deep
04-07-2010, 12:54 PM
sorry but RJ will have to win my respect back in the playoffs

urunobili
04-07-2010, 12:56 PM
his salary will be measured by his PO performance till then... thanks for watsing your time on this :tu

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 01:04 PM
his salary will be measured by his PO performance till then... thanks for watsing your time on this :tu
The Spurs FO traded for RJ's salary. Blaming Jefferson for how much money he makes is the dumbest shit I've ever read on here and that's saying a lot.

jiggy_55
04-07-2010, 01:05 PM

I don't get why everyone needs to waste their time to post stupid posts like you have! If you don't like it, close your browser, no need for such idiotic replies.
People are free to post as they like. Get over it asshole.

Methodmusicman
04-07-2010, 01:07 PM
since when did this become a question of salary? my augment mentions nothing to the effect --

jiggy_55
04-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Again, for the millionth time, if Jefferson was actually worth 14 million or whatever he makes, he wouldn't have been traded to the Spurs..he was salary dumped for a reason..

This.

We knew this from the beginning. He was never going to be worth 14mil in SA. NOBODY predicted Jeff to average 18+pts a game. He was here to be a good 3rd/4th option, an athletic wing, who can play big minutes, defend and bring a new dimension to the Spurs. His play of late has surprised us all considering his early season contributions. Props to RJ for finally getting going and being confident in his abilities. Other players would have just folded, he kept fighting through the struggles and he's playing good ball now.

Cane
04-07-2010, 01:11 PM
RJ is no longer a disappointment to me. He's been playing well and the Spurs as a team have finally gelled and found chemistry with eachother.

He helped last night when the Spurs were in a scoring drought and he's been driving to the basket with confidence and consistency. Defensively, he's been doing all right as well.

He's a substantial upgrade over an ancient Bowen and Udoka.

The Spurs are going to be so much better next season providing they stay healthy now that players have been fitting into the system.

As long as the team keeps playing defense, that means even more fast break opportunities and easy points for RJ's strength.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Still would rather have RJ over Bowen, Oberto & Thomas.

Johnny RIngo
04-07-2010, 01:18 PM
Absolutely hated him at the start of the season but he's slowly putting it all together and finding his role on the team. Hope he doesn't choke in the playoffs like Bonner/Mason did last year because we need him to play well in Hill's absence.

angelbelow
04-07-2010, 01:41 PM
the bottom line for me is that i would rather have RJ over bowen, oberto and thomas. i have no doubts about that. even if this was back in june or july and i knew RJ would struggle for most of the season, i would still pull the trigger. the only thing that might stop me is that rj's salary makes it difficult to resign manu, but he is an expiring next season.

duhoh
04-07-2010, 01:52 PM
easy contract to move next season fellas.

done deal.

spursfaninla
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
RJ should really not be shooting 3pt shots much, though. That is the thing that I would like to emphasize. He shoots slightly below average at 32%.

Sisk
04-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry, but this RJ hate is ridiculous at this point. He's doing exactly what we wanted him to and at HIS position at the 3. Plus, his D has been much improved recently. Quit blaming the damn guy for his fuckin' paycheck.

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
well see what he does in the playoffs.. hes playing fine as of right now.

Solid D
04-07-2010, 05:31 PM
The difference in RJ's game of late versus his first 4 months with the Spurs has been dramatic. He is rebounding agressively and he is scoring much more in the paint. That's because he is slashing to the basket more and he's running the floor and being rewarded for it more often. Look at how many of RJ's points last night in SAC came in the paint.

He's also figured out his defensive assignments better, even though he still gets distracted and drifts into no-man's land too frequently. It really just seems to be defensive A.D.D. or even mind-disengagement.

All in all, the Spurs and RJ have finally learned how to work together.

etbluffer
04-07-2010, 05:38 PM
sorry but RJ will have to win my respect back in the playoffs

Really? Win your respect? Who the hell are we that they have to win our respect? We don't pay their salaries. We are fans. Just enjoy the game, and please, for everyone's sake, stop trying to be virtual GM's on here

jestersmash
04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Really? Win your respect? Who the hell are we that they have to win our respect? We don't pay their salaries. We are fans. Just enjoy the game, and please, for everyone's sake, stop trying to be virtual GM's on here

Finally, someone said what needed to be said.

Waps1980
04-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Good to see the fans stepping up and supporting RJ in most cases.
He has had the biggest challenge of his professional career and come out the other side I think as a better well rounded player.
If he can get 17 ppg and 7 rpg come playoffs he will be a major part of our drive.
Those numbers aren’t far off his recent numbers