PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson on Bynum's return: "I'm not holding my breath on a timetable"

djohn2oo8
04-07-2010, 02:16 PM
So, when exactly is Andrew Bynum returning?

The Lakers' center is running out of games before the regular season ends next Wednesday.

"I'm just not holding my breath on a timetable," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said Tuesday after practice. "Obviously, we'd like to have him play a couple games at the end of the [regular] season, but this morning I told him if that's not possible, we'll take whatever we can get in the playoffs at that time."

Bynum has sat out the last eight games because of a strained left Achilles' tendon, the Lakers going 4-4 without him and possibly facing San Antonio and Tim Duncan in the first round of the playoffs.

Another MRI exam Monday confirmed there was no tear in Bynum's tendon, though the team said there was no timetable for his return.

Bynum gave a brief interview as he left the Lakers' training facility, saying his injury felt "about the same" while holding a cellphone to his ear and saying he was in a rush to get to a promotional appearance.

Bynum will go on the Lakers' upcoming two-game trip but is not expected to play Thursday in Denver or Friday in Minnesota.

If he doesn't play again in the regular season, he will have gone almost a month without any game action by the time the Lakers are expected to begin the playoffs April 18. He was injured in a March 19 game against Minnesota.

"There's discomfort after he does a certain amount of exercise," Jackson said. "He can start off getting up off his toes and doing some activity and then it will start getting tender and sore."

Bynum's absence is causing a trickle-down effect. Pau Gasol is forced to move from his natural spot of power forward to his less effective spot at center, Lamar Odom shifts from the bench to starting power forward, and the Lakers' reserves move from adequate to seemingly helpless, their latest gaffe coming when they were outscored by San Antonio's reserves last Sunday, 20-4.

Bynum sat out 32 games last season because of a torn medial collateral ligament in his right knee but returned with three games left in the regular season and played every playoff game.

This injury is less severe, Jackson said.

"He doesn't see that it's going to be a serious thing that's going to linger or have any kind of ramifications for his future or career or anything like that," Jackson said. "It's just a matter of time."

Bynum, 22, is averaging 15 points and 8.3 rebounds a game this season.

It won't be difficult to assimilate him back into the lineup when he returns, Gasol said.

"It won't be as hard as last year," Gasol said. "The injury is not as complicated as it was last year. Hopefully, he can come back before the regular season's over so he can get back in the flow of things and get into a rhythm."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-bynum-20100407,0,7725099.story

cheguevara
04-07-2010, 02:19 PM
this guy is reaching yao levels

djohn2oo8
04-07-2010, 02:22 PM
this guy is reaching yao levels

Yeah, except Yao breaks bones, Bynum tears his vagina

Muser
04-07-2010, 02:27 PM
lol 21_vaginas

resistanze
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I wanna hear lakaluva's take on this.

lefty
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Translation: " I hope he's gonna stay injured as long as possible"

djohn2oo8
04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
He's still in surgery from his ass being torn apart by a huge black and silver dildo.

:lol and the bukkaking continues

lefty
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
He's still in surgery from his ass being torn apart by a huge black and silver dildo.
:lmao

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I really wish Phil would attempt to do just that, turn purple, and fucking die.

Ghazi
04-07-2010, 03:50 PM
cROFL 21 Blessings lover is brittle as shit!!

Xevious
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
He either heals slow as hell, or just a big pussy.

HarlemHeat37
04-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't think it will be that bad, I think he'll be back for the playoffs..we'll see how effective he is though..

Bynum needs to get some help though, he needs to get some from Pacquiao's stash..

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 06:04 PM
http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/2000/images/unbreakable3.jpg

resistanze
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
We should have dumped his black lazy ass when I said so. Don't expect him to come back this season. He's weak, soft, lazy, and a slow healer. Fuck that guy.

That's what I wanted to hear :lol