PDA

View Full Version : Horry is a stud!!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-04-2005, 11:44 PM
I swear that was a reptile in his previous life!! 'Till when do we have him signed?

IceColdBrewski
05-04-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm not gonna go sucking his dick just yet. Dude was in serious jeopardy of making my permanent shit list until this. He FINALLY had a good series. I'll give him a temporary reprieve for now.

JUUOT
he signed a one year contract last summer so until the playoff ends.
but he might stop if he gets a ring. it would be a great fifth F/C to mentor youngers.

Tek_XX
Seems like the dude is so much more active this year compared to last. I don't remember him shooting this many threes and making them last year to.

indianspur
05-04-2005, 11:47 PM
last year he was great against the gizz but choked against lakers..........
i'll save all conclusions for later....when he wears a 05 championship ring!

ducks
05-04-2005, 11:48 PM
lets just up he does not disapear like he did in round 2 last year
he had to be the star of the game 17 points
one less then the greatest player this season duncan

JUUOT
05-04-2005, 11:48 PM
it usually takes every player a complete season to be efficient in the spurs system.
imagine barry and nazr next year ahahahha!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-04-2005, 11:49 PM
It's pretty obvious this is going to be Horry's last season, and he's put all his energy and effort into going out with six rings.

JUUOT
05-04-2005, 11:54 PM
he could give one more year as a kevin willis type of player

boutons
05-05-2005, 12:33 AM
"It's pretty obvious"

Where is the evidence for such obviousness?

I think Robert enjoys what he's doing, said he like both the Spurs team and the coaches, it's $1M/year, and his body is holding up well, and he's being trusted by Pop, respected by his teammates, and still making big contributions, and he's not far from his Houston family.

T Park
05-05-2005, 12:54 AM
It's pretty obvious this is going to be Horry's last season, and he's put all his energy and effort into going out with six rings.

exactly right.

Wich is why this summer, Scola replaces Horry.

The Spurs will also have to replace his three point shooting.

Wich is why I hope the Big Dog is kept around.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Watch Horry play. Watch him in the post-game interviews. He's laughing, smiling, just enjoying things.

You can just tell, dude is ready for this to be his swan song, but he's ready for it to end on a river barge in June.

Horry For 3!
05-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Horry is my boy and always will be. You gotta love Horry for 3! He is a clutch player in the playoffs.

whottt
05-05-2005, 01:39 AM
Hey Horry for 3...LTNS...I wondered when you would find this site.

cd36
05-05-2005, 01:43 AM
horry is no good now and never was any good

Mr. Body
05-05-2005, 01:43 AM
I don't know if this is Horry's last. He's still got plenty of game left.

Notorious H.O.P.
05-05-2005, 02:55 AM
Except for the Memphis series, he was looking pretty arthritic and calcified last year. I had ideas that he may have been a double agent until I realized that he was putting forth the effort but just didn't seem to have any gas left in the tank. I don't know if there was some nagging injury that was bothering him last year or what he did to get revitalized in the offseason but I've been please with his play this year and really impressed with his improved contributions recently. He's showing some serious glimpses of being the killer his reputation has him built up to be. I just hope this continues to be the case throughout the playoffs but I can't see why not. WHEN we win the championship this season, I think Horry will wait out the offseason to see how each team is shaping up and what the Spurs chances are of another championship. He won't go anyplace else because of his proximity to home and the already stated idea that he "doesn't want to learn another system". If the Spurs look extremely strong to repeat, he might come back to be a part of that but otherwise, I see him wanting to go out on top.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Horry had a good series. Call me a cynic but I've seen enough guys shoot lights out in one series and go ice cold in the next to not jump on this band wagon yet. I certainly hope he keeps it up though, because he's finally doing what we brought him here for.

whottt
05-05-2005, 03:24 AM
1.Horry had an injured hand in the 03 playoffs.

2.Phil Jackson said he game planned for Horry in last years series. He knew. He also knew how to stop him.

3.Horry has turned into the old clutch Horry since we traded Malik and he has been getting more minutes.

mattyc
05-05-2005, 09:19 AM
Look in his eyes.

He's ready for this championship. He's got the look back in his eyes like he had in Houston and LA.

MadDog73
05-05-2005, 09:57 AM
What I love about Horry is not only his 3 point shot, but his rebounds, steals, just the big things he does in a moment that can change the momentum of the game.

Plus, with Manu, Tony and Tim all needing attention (what are the chances another team will NOT double-team Tim?), it tends to leave Horry open for a 3.

Just too bad Barry doesn't seem to have it...

T Park
05-05-2005, 10:30 AM
2.Phil Jackson said he game planned for Horry in last years series. He knew. He also knew how to stop him.

Fantastic post whottt.

That is the exact reason Horry was ineffective last year, because Phil Jackson did NOT let him become a factor.

This sonics series, hes gonna have to play tough, BUT, I hope he still has some shots left, it will really help things out.

SouthTexasRancher
05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Horry is back to being Big Shot Bob again and he is showing just how much he knows about basketball in all areas. His experience, especially, in big games during the playoffs is proving to be invaluable. He looks like he's 29 years old and I hope the Spurs resign him next season.

Horry For 3!
05-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Horry will continue to make big shots after big shots.

Jimcs50
05-05-2005, 11:55 AM
exactly right.

Wich is why this summer, Scola replaces Horry.

The Spurs will also have to replace his three point shooting.

Wich is why I hope the Big Dog is kept around.

I think Horry should stay and tutor Scola.

NJ needs a center, we can trade Rasho to them, and keep Nazr.

tekdragon
05-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Trade for who, Jim? NJ doesn't have anyone worth taking. Who over there plays any defense at all?