PDA

View Full Version : Glad we dint take sheed

anonoftheinternets
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
When the chips were down, i can only imagine what a terrible influence sheed might have been this year. Atleast dice kept trying and even now rebounds with energy and makes clutch jumpers. Not the biggest Bill Simmons fan, but its worth a quick read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100407&sportCat=nba

Oh and same goes for Artest. Dont know yet about Ariza :). Oh and props to the FO, for landing George Hill, lots of doubters for that one. Who the heck is mario chamers?

jimo2305
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
lol yep.. i was ticked off we didn't land sheed

poop
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
yes, one can definitely say rasheed FELL OFF A CLIFF this season.

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
sheed fuckin blows. ill take mcdyess on this squad any day of the week.

Beaverfuzz
04-07-2010, 04:54 PM
fuck sheed, fuckup in portland, fuckup in detroit, fuckup in beantown.

fuck him.

fucker

Mel_13
04-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Sheed roped the Celtics into giving him an $18.9 million, three-year deal, made a big stink about breaking MJ's 72-win record and then showed up for training camp wearing a fat suit.

Sheed doesn't rebound as much as debound. "Lazy" isn't a strong enough word. He always seems to be standing in the wrong spot. He constantly forgets to box out.

Sheed makes me say the words, "Why won't we play Brian Scalabrine?"

:lol

The picture in the article is priceless:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0407/pg2_g_wallacer_300.jpg

DesignatedT
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Sheed roped the Celtics into giving him an $18.9 million, three-year deal, made a big stink about breaking MJ's 72-win record and then showed up for training camp wearing a fat suit.

Sheed doesn't rebound as much as debound. "Lazy" isn't a strong enough word. He always seems to be standing in the wrong spot. He constantly forgets to box out.

Sheed makes me say the words, "Why won't we play Brian Scalabrine?"

The picture in the article is priceless:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0407/pg2_g_wallacer_300.jpg

:lmao haha

Muser
04-07-2010, 05:00 PM
I'm happily eating crow.

jjktkk
04-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Like I've said before on here, Sheed is one of the biggest waste of NBA talent that I've seen in 20 years. What a idiot this guy is.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
McDyess is the better fit for this team. Anyone who still has any doubts about that is a crazy person. I think everyone was so concerned about keeping up with the Lakers that ANYTHING would've sounded like a good idea. Then as the season went by and the Spurs struggled, the shit really hit the fan around here.
Minus the injuries and the few obvious games we should've won, I really like the way this season has played out and I think the Spurs are going to tough and unified because of the struggle.

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM
He thought he was gonna win in boston. Hahaha!!!!

NFGIII
04-07-2010, 06:09 PM
But this board would have been so much more funnier when reading all the sh** about what a turd he is playing for the Spurs.

Jaffies would have at least 6 - 7 spurs by now. Hitler banned from ST? WTF was that about. Let's watch the Sheed one again. Now that there was funny.

admiralfats
04-07-2010, 06:42 PM
sheed has 23 more rebounds this year than he does attempted 3 pointers. That's one of the most damning stats i've ever read for a 6'11'' guy. pretty ridiculous.

Obstructed_View
04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I really don't think the Spurs would have survived the bad stretch earlier in the season if Rasheed had been on the team. I don't always give Pop a lot of credit as a coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was perfectly happy to tell the world how much he loves Rasheed without trying very hard to get him here.

ohmwrecker
04-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I really don't think the Spurs would have survived the bad stretch earlier in the season if Rasheed had been on the team. I don't always give Pop a lot of credit as a coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was perfectly happy to tell the world how much he loves Rasheed without trying very hard to get him here.

If Pop feigned interest in Sheed to get the Celtics to sign him, he is a goddamn genius.

romsho
04-07-2010, 07:13 PM
If it were any other team, the trainwreck lover in me would have enjoyed the whole Pop/Sheed dynamic...an unintentional comedy buffet. Disaster averted.

senorglory
04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
I watched a Boston/Cleveland game back in mid-march, and came away glad Sheed had slipped away, although I had been disappointed initially when Sheed chose the Celtics over the Spurs-- he seemed like such a good fit.

That mid-March game went like this: 3rd period 4 point differential, heated and contested game with playoff implications, nationally televised Sunday game, and Sheed looked about as inspired as the Clippers version of Baron Davis. Sheed bewilderingly hacked some no name Cav down in the paint, who was otherwise so far trapped underneath the basket and surrounded by defenders, that had Sheed simply put his arms straight up, nameless Cav would have been unable to negotiate the angle. Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Spurs dodged a bullet. Unspectacular play from Jefferson (so far) sucks, but unspectacular and contemptuous play from Sheed would have been too much.

Boss
04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah we really dodged a bullet getting Mcdyess's 5pts and 5rpg, but I think it's still too early to judge sheed or Dyess until we see how they play in the playoffs

Creation88
04-07-2010, 11:18 PM
c cup boobs is all you need to know when deciding whether or not to take a player

mogrovejo
04-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Called it. I predicted McDyess >>>>>>> Sheed.

Anyway, Simmons is wrong. Sheed isn't lazy or out of shape. As I've said last Summer, he just doenst' have legs under him any more.

To me, this only means very few people were seeing the Pistons last season.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2010, 01:01 AM
I called Sheed as a disaster as far back as May last year and few people believed me. It was pretty clear he was done last season. I must've posted that 100 times, like this:

How many people actually watched Sheed play this year? From what I saw, he has slipped a notch, he's 35, he's still volatile (lots of techs this season), and he spent the last 1/3 of the season injured. Have we not learned anything? Do we really want to give a roster spot to yet another old geezer?

If he signs dirt-cheap, fine, but spending more than 2mil on Sheed would be a mistake.

then this:

That's what I'm bringing into question - this is not 2004 Sheed, or even 2007 Sheed, this is 35yo Sheed who has slowed considerably. Guy used to have the quickness to rotate to corner shooters, but not any more. He shot 42% from the field and 35% from 3 last year. His blocks and steals were down, even thought he played 2 more mpg than 2007. Sheed is over the hill.

If he wants to be paid a pittance to come and play 20mpg here, fine, but if you are going to count on him to contribute significantly you'll be sorely disappointed.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3403548

Blackjack
04-08-2010, 01:24 AM
'Sheed's been a bust and it's been his own doing, IMO, but the rationale to go with him over 'Dyess (when the assumption was they'd garner the same contract) was sound.

The question wasn't who would be the better Spur, in terms of professionalism and personality, it was who could be the number 2 to Duncan; 'Sheed was the only potential they had to find a legitimate number 2.

So, yeah, the Spurs got the better end of the deal, both in terms of contract and on the court, but it's not because of what 'Dyess has done or because he's turned out to be a legit number 2; he just hasn't been the abortion 'Sheed's turned out to be (or as entertaining -- gotta love Roscoe. :lol)

TJastal
04-08-2010, 04:59 AM
Sheed's coaches always wish he would "go in the block more often." They never demand it; if they do, they know they won't get it. So it's more of a suggestion. Like reminding your spouse, "Hey, we haven't had sex in a while." If broached the right way, Sheed might shift his focus the next game, with his head down low, and bank home a couple of turnarounds. As though he's acknowledging, "You're right, I could do this." Then he goes back to standing behind the 3-point line.

urunobili
04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I fucking called this shit... Dice > Sheed :smokin

wildbill2u
04-08-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm waiting to hear from the morons that always say something like, "If only 'bad actor so and so" would come to the Spurs he would be instantly transformed and reformed by the virtue of Tim Duncan and the masterful handling of Pop."

Bullshit! Bad actors are bad actors and will usually destroy a team that tries to reform them.