PDA

View Full Version : I Am Proven Right Again - Rockets Interested In Sofo

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-07-2010, 06:21 PM
http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2010/04/big-sofo-plot-thickens.html

Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Big Sofo.. the plot thickens..
No pun intended. Big Sofo's option seem to be getting more every day.

According to sport24.gr, Sofoklis Schortsanitis will have even more options this summer when his contract ends. Apart from the Clippers that are already in contact with the Greek center there is also talk of the Houston Rockets who are interested in signing him. The Clippers selected Schortsanitis in the NBA Draft of 2003 at number 34 and they still obtain his NBA rights to this day.

As Schortsanitis becomes a free agent in the summer, an NBA team will not need to pay a buy-out clause in order to sign him. Of course there is always the possibility of Olympiacos coming back with a new contract but the article says that it will probably happen after the end of the play-offs. The troubled player seems to have left all of his bad habbits in the past and he appears to be in very good shape focusing on his career. Much will depend on Olympiacos' attempt at a possible 2nd Euroleague title and also his and the team's performance in the play-offs trying to win the Greek League. The possibility of Schortsanitis signing for another european team or for rival Panathinaikos seems to be a distant one..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrs4rGBMlbw

Bob Lanier
04-07-2010, 06:28 PM
"Is talk of" = Jew lies!

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
That fools to fat. He can't hang in the nba!!!!!!

xellos88330
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Sofo... rhymes with MoFo!! :P

Indazone
04-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Let him Bring It. Won't nobody beat Sofo in the NBA.

for eating

http://kourkouti.yooblog.gr/files/2008/08/kourkouti-sofo-beijing.jpg

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-10-2010, 12:06 PM
For the stupid racist bastards at clutchfans it says it right HERE

http://www.sport24.gr/html/ent/768/ent.353768.asp

You a-holes at clutchfans better stop calling me a liar. I have a connection to Morey and I will use it on your site if you keep it up.

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-10-2010, 12:18 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP.

SOFO SUCKS and is Mike Sweeney 2.0-3.0 = Mike Sweeney -1.0

Which means he BLOWS

Mike Sweetney could never in his life make the roster of Olympiacos. Stop telling sad jokes please.

The Franchise
04-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Sofo isn't that bad but we don't need any more undersized centers. I think we should just draft Solomon Alabi and call it a day. He gives us an athletic 7'1 250 lbs., shotblocking, rebounding, defensive minded center who runs the floor, and lives for dunks. His needs to work on his offense, but he isn't to horrible on that side of the ball either. Sofo brings to may red flags to the table for me to take the chance on him.

noob cake
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
We need a backup center with 0 offensive skill, a lot of defense skills.

The Franchise
04-10-2010, 06:01 PM
We need a backup center with 0 offensive skill, a lot of defense skills.

He needs some offensive skills, but an intimidator down low, with the scorers we have would help out more. I would prefer backup center concern himself with challenging shots, rebounding and picking up garbage points. That man is Alabi.

noob cake
04-10-2010, 06:10 PM
He needs some offensive skills, but an intimidator down low, with the scorers we have would help out more. I would prefer backup center concern himself with challenging shots, rebounding and picking up garbage points. That man is Alabi.

First year rookie big can't help us on a championship push on last year of Yao's contract.

djohn2oo8
04-10-2010, 06:17 PM
First year rookie big can't help us on a championship push on last year of Yao's contract.

This makes NO sense. A rookie who is a big man will help just by giving us size, dummy

Indazone
04-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Actually team USA could not stop Sofo when we played them.

noob cake
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
This makes NO sense. A rookie who is a big man will help just by giving us size, dummy

One good rookie big per draft maybe...and we don't have a high pick.

Rookie bigs are always in foul trouble.

djohn2oo8
04-10-2010, 07:41 PM

A top 14 pick is not high? it may end up being higher than that

The Franchise
04-10-2010, 08:08 PM

That's true, there is an adjustment period for college players to get used to the new rules. That will work itself out just by allowing him to get consistent minutes early in the season (which will be the case any since we will be limiting Yao). With consistent minutes he should be over that problem by the allstar break and ready to really contribute by the playoffs. Our biggest problem this season has been a lack of size. Other teams were getting to many layups because of this, and you want to fix it by adding another undersize turd to the mix?

7'1 250 pound athletic, shotbblocking, rebounding centers with very long arms, that play excellent post defence don't come around often and you want to pass that up? Alabi isn't getting the hype some other centers are because his team isn't as good, but because of him FSU had the best defence in the NCAA. He isn't the greatest scorer in the world, but we wouldn't be asking him to do much of that anyway. He can do all the dirty work and leave the post scoring to Yao and Scola (and hopefully Bosh :greedy).

D-Wade #3
04-10-2010, 08:20 PM
That's true, there is an adjustment period for college players to get used to the new rules. That will work itself out just by allowing him to get consistent minutes early in the season (which will be the case any since we will be limiting Yao). With consistent minutes he should be over that problem by the allstar break and ready to really contribute by the playoffs. Our biggest problem this season has been a lack of size. Other teams were getting to many layups because of this, and you want to fix it by adding another undersize turd to the mix?

7'1 250 pound athletic, shotbblocking, rebounding centers with very long arms, that play excellent post defence don't come around often and you want to pass that up? Alabi isn't getting the hype some other centers are because his team isn't as good, but because of him FSU had the best defence in the NCAA. He isn't the greatest scorer in the world, but we wouldn't be asking him to do much of that anyway. He can do all the dirty work and leave the post scoring to Yao and Scola (and hopefully Bosh :greedy).

Then they should go after Camby

Indazone
04-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Camby makes more sense otherwise going after Alabi would be just like picking up Zoubek. No on both counts. Yes to Camby.

Sofo is more interesting than Alabi..just sayin.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-10-2010, 08:40 PM
What, like you were right about Manu going back to Europe?

:lmao

noob cake
04-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Camby makes more sense otherwise going after Alabi would be just like picking up Zoubek. No on both counts. Yes to Camby.

Sofo is more interesting than Alabi..just sayin.

I love Zoubek, and I'm a Duke fan. But please God, don't draft Zoubs. He will be complete garbage in the NBA.

Lars
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
He would really shore up our front court in RGV.

The Franchise
04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Then they should go after Camby

I agree, but his asking price may be higher than we want to pay. He has said he would like to play in Houston so it might be worth looking into. Even if we got Camby I would still draft Alabi. He would have someone to help him develop, and we would have one of the biggest frontcourts in the NBA.

Indazone
04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Though his sheer size is definitely an asset, he does have a number of bad habits. Alabi tends to gamble on occasion, trying to steal entry passes and yielding easy baskets when he can’t come up with a steal. His propensity to lunge at the ball makes it hard for him to recover to his man as well.

Alabi will surely struggle against perimeter oriented big men who can take him outside and attack him off the dribble, as he lacks the agility and lateral quickness to move his feet very effectively outside the paint, looking very upright in his stance. Having Alabi camp out in the paint in a zone is one way his team can overcome this issue, but unfortunately the defensive three second rule does not allow this tactic in the NBA.

In addition to making some subtle changes to his approach on the defensive end, Alabi needs to continue to get stronger to help his ability to protect the rim and crash the glass at the next level. He is a very poor defensive rebounder at the moment, ranking amongst the worst at his position amongst likely draft prospects, something that is a bit disappointing considering his terrific physical tools.

Alabi still lacks a large degree of coordination and awareness, being unable to track down loose balls in the air and go out of his area to secure extra possessions for his team, and its perhaps here (as well as with his poor passing ability) that these weaknesses show up the most.

Considering how far Alabi has come in recent seasons, it wouldn’t be surprising to see him improve considerably over the next few years. The fact that he's consistently described as a fantastic teammate, worker and overall person is clearly a major plus when projecting his development. Whether the next jump comes in preparation of another season at Florida State or his rookie year in the NBA remains to be seen. Regardless of when he declares, he’ll factor into the conversation to be one of the top centers selected thanks to his outstanding size and learning curve. Whoever picks him will have to be committed to developing him and willing to be patient as he experiences a steep learning curve in his first few seasons in the NBA.
[Read Full Article]

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Solomon-Alabi-551/

completely unproven commodity. Could be good and more likely another Malick Badaine.

Indazone
04-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Hell, I'd take DJ Mbenga before I took Alabi

noob cake
04-10-2010, 10:12 PM
I'll take Greg Monroe or Hassan Whiteside

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 01:59 AM
According to sport24.gr,

:wakeup

Sofo could be a decent scoring big man off the bench for a NBA team, but he's a risky acquisition with his record of lacking self-motivating skills. Plus, teams prefer to have backup centers who can defend and rebound.

KBP, where are your predictions for the EL F4? I was thinking about putting some money on Barcelona but I'd like to get your guarantee that they'll be destroyed by CSKA or something to make sure they're indeed winning it.

endrity
04-11-2010, 06:43 AM
If one team can beat Barca, that's CSKA so I'd not put any money on it if I was you.

mogrovejo
04-11-2010, 03:26 PM
If one team can beat Barca, that's CSKA so I'd not put any money on it if I was you.

In one game, there are dozens of teams that can beat Barcelona. Gran Canaria and Valencia have beaten Barcelona this season. I don't even gamble in basketball games though; but KBP has been so perfectly inaccurate predicting Barcelona's futures this season that if he once again predicts them to lose I have to consider making an exception.